PDA

View Full Version : The New Clock Rules

FaninAma
9/4/2006, 06:02 PM
I don't like them but they are obviously going to do a couple of things:

1.Magnify turnovers because with reduced snaps each and every turnover becomes that much bigger. I really think our 4 turnovers not only cost us points but probably cost us about 12 snaps and 6 minuted of possesion time which aided UAB a great deal.

2.As a result of #1 I think most teams will play more conservatively and I expext to see a drop off in scoring and the number lop-sided routes. I think a lot of big underdogs will employ UAB's startegy.

rhombic21
9/4/2006, 06:39 PM
They also hurt OU.

They reduce the number of snaps by an average of 14 plays a game. That makes it harder for AD to wear the defense down, and for OU to get Allen Patrick some carries to pound on people with the ground game.

And anytime that you reduce the number of snaps, you make it easier for the less talented team to pull off an upset. OU will probably be the favorite in all of our games except for the Oregon (maybe) and Texas games. These rules make it easier for somebody to put together a few good drives or come up with a couple fluke turnovers and pull of an upset.

PhxSooner
9/4/2006, 06:50 PM
Here's my level of current football ignorance: What were the changes?:O