PDA

View Full Version : Another thought for restructring College Football

royalfan5
9/4/2006, 05:59 PM
I call it the College Premeirship League(I just started following the EPL, Go Manchester City) I would take the top 40 teams and organize them into four 10 team leagues. The league champions would play a 4 team playoff for the championship. The other teams that had a strong seasons would play each other in Bowls. The bottom 8 teams would be relagated to the lower division, and the top 8 from the lower division would move up. The schedule would consist of playing every team in your league, two intersectional matches, and two friendly's against lower division teams to preserve some rivalries. Just food for thought.

Stitch Face
9/4/2006, 06:12 PM
Good luck with that.

birddog
9/4/2006, 06:29 PM
as a huge fan of the epl, i think it would be great. anything would be better than what we have. the nfl could learn alot from the system the epl uses as well.

NDIrish
9/4/2006, 08:27 PM
Do it like college baseball.

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 08:35 PM
I want to be in charge of beer sales.

royalfan5
9/4/2006, 09:01 PM
Do it like college baseball.
The biggest football stadium in Omaha only holds 10K. That's probably not what you meant is it?

auto
9/4/2006, 09:41 PM
would be awesome, it will never happen.

rhombic21
9/4/2006, 09:45 PM
Why the **** do you want to change college football. There's nothing wrong with it. The only thing that's wrong with college football right now is that people like you keep trying to change it, and end up taking away the stuff that makes it so great. BTW, thanks for the new clock rules that take away 10-20% of the plays.

royalfan5
9/4/2006, 09:50 PM
Why the **** do you want to change college football. There's nothing wrong with it. The only thing that's wrong with college football right now is that people like you keep trying to change it, and end up taking away the stuff that makes it so great. BTW, thanks for the new clock rules that take away 10-20% of the plays.
Because Changes aren't permanant, but change is.

If College Football doesn't contiue to evolve it will eventually fail.

rhombic21
9/4/2006, 09:55 PM
Because Changes aren't permanant, but change is.

If College Football doesn't contiue to evolve it will eventually fail.
College football is the best sport in America. Don't mess with the traditions that make it such.

Quit trying to make college football the NFL.

royalfan5
9/4/2006, 09:56 PM
College football is the best sport in America. Don't mess with the traditions that make it such.

Quit trying to make college football the NFL.
Quit telling what ideas I can and can't float on a messege board.

rhombic21
9/4/2006, 10:17 PM
Quit telling what ideas I can and can't float on a messege board.
I never said that you couldn't float it on a message board. I said that it was stupid to try and change the greatest sport on Earth to try and make it more like the watered down NFL.

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 10:18 PM
Quit telling each other stuff.`

royalfan5
9/4/2006, 10:22 PM
I never said that you couldn't float it on a message board. I said that it was stupid to try and change the greatest sport on Earth to try and make it more like the watered down NFL.
How would it be more watered down. Teams would be playing quality opponents week in and week out. Does anyone really enjoy watching pointless games against 1-AA and Sun Belt teams. This would provide a lot more quality match-ups for the fans.

rhombic21
9/4/2006, 10:33 PM
How would it be more watered down. Teams would be playing quality opponents week in and week out. Does anyone really enjoy watching pointless games against 1-AA and Sun Belt teams. This would provide a lot more quality match-ups for the fans.
I'm sorry, but it's apparent that you don't understand what makes college football great.

royalfan5
9/4/2006, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry, but it's apparent that you don't understand what makes college football great.
I'm sorry that you're unable to recognize that somebody might value something differently than you.

Doged
9/4/2006, 10:47 PM
Interesting idea I guess, but what's good for the EPL (or the NFL) isn't neccessarily good for college football. I wouldn't like seeing the Sooners play in a different "conference" or division each year. The ooc, inter-division and bowl games make for enough variety to suit me.

I would like to see the bowl games used as a playoff system, though.

OU Adonis
9/4/2006, 11:07 PM
I would vote no, but its an interesting concept.

daddywarbucks
9/5/2006, 08:47 AM
I would never want to take away the severity of a loss, however I do agree that a powerhouse school thumping the crap out of their local community college isnt real sporting either. I guess thats why the quality win is still in the calculations huh.

fadada1
9/5/2006, 09:09 AM
aggie fan: "but that would leave us out of football alltogether."

OU fan: "exactly."