PDA

View Full Version : Soonerfans Tailgate: One Word: Awesome

FaninAma
9/4/2006, 05:46 PM
The new tailgating location is great....just a few yards from Campus Corner and the actual site is 1st class. Those of you who didn't attend and could have really missed out.

Just a word of appreciation to Phil, Dean, Mrs. Dean and the rest of the C&C Dean family who worked really really hard to set up such a great event. And a big "thank you" goes to jaux who sponsored the first tailgate....thanks buddy.

The tailgates are great and I know I could have easily spent $100 or more if I took my family of 5 out to a local restaurant and paid for all the good food and all the beer we drank at the tailgate so I understand how lucky the Soonerfans.com faithful are to have such a great event at every home game. Realizing this, we all need to make sure we fill up the donation jar to make sure these tailgates continue to be first class.

For the record....my kids (5, 13 and 15) didn't drink that much beer.

1TC, you earned a buddy for the season. I hope you like playing catch. :D

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2006, 06:31 PM
1TC, you earned a buddy for the season. I hope you like playing catch. :D

joke overload
joke overload
joke overload
joke overload

FaninAma
9/4/2006, 07:08 PM
joke overload
joke overload
joke overload
joke overload

Hey, we're talking about a tailgate in Norman....not in the home city of some of our more enlightened Big 12 brethern. :eek:

It is a true honest to goodness game of catch football. ....with a 5 year od no less.:)

C&CDean
9/4/2006, 08:04 PM
So, what you're saying is that 1TC is also a perv?

The new tailgate spot is indeed awesome. We had a great crowd Saturday, and hopefully will even have more this Saturday. Those of you who haven't yet checked out the SF.com tailgate are seriously missing out. Check us out this Saturday.

FaninAma
9/4/2006, 09:03 PM
Hopefully the weather will be as nice next week although it might be fun to welcome the Huskies to a true Oklahoma summer day.

Stoop Dawg
9/4/2006, 10:36 PM
Did anyone bring a step ladder?

jk the sooner fan
9/4/2006, 11:17 PM
yeah, where was your brother.......i kept looking over my shoulder ;)

The Preach Man
9/4/2006, 11:22 PM
I have never been to a tailgate party. I am planning on attending a couple of games this year...sooooo what does it take to attend the SF.com tailgate?

GottaHavePride
9/4/2006, 11:40 PM
Um, just show up? Oh, and saying Hi, I post as "The Preach Man" usually helps.

Sooner24
9/4/2006, 11:51 PM
The new tailgate site really doesn't work for me, from a parking stand point but I will try to get to one or two tailgates this year. Also Preach Man you have not lived until you have had some of Deans elk chili.

MiccoMacey
9/4/2006, 11:55 PM
I'd like to get down to one this year, but I always feel guilty for leaving the wife and two kids up here while I go have fun and play down in Norman.

And bringing a 3 year old and a 1 year old down to Norman just to tailgate isn't my idea of fun.

stonecoldsoonerfan
9/5/2006, 08:10 AM
I'd like to get down to one this year, but I always feel guilty for leaving the wife and two kids up here while I go have fun and play down in Norman.

do you reeeeeeeally expect us to believe you feel guilty about that?

puh-leezzz....:rolleyes: ;)

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2006, 08:16 AM

i think you forgot to tell him that he has to have 50 posts before he can......

oh wait....

sanantoniosooner
9/5/2006, 08:18 AM
I have never been to a tailgate party. I am planning on attending a couple of games this year...sooooo what does it take to attend the SF.com tailgate?
Dean makes you kill a puppy...............and you're in.

RacerX
9/5/2006, 08:26 AM
Don't be offended if someone hands you name tag that says NOOB on it.

JK only talks to people with 10K or more posts.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 08:27 AM
Dean makes you kill a puppy...............and you're in.

No. I kill it and grill it. You've just gotta eat it.

FaninAma
9/5/2006, 08:30 AM
yeah, where was your brother.......i kept looking over my shoulder ;)

You didn't see him there? He was asking how big of an ol' fella you were. :D

He's really a good guy. I guess he was having a bad day.

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2006, 08:31 AM
You didn't see him there? He was asking how big of an ol' fella you were. :D

He's really a good guy. I guess he was having a bad day.

I know he is, i'm just playing

FaninAma
9/5/2006, 08:34 AM
The new tailgate site really doesn't work for me, from a parking stand point but I will try to get to one or two tailgates this year. Also Preach Man you have not lived until you have had some of Deans elk chili.

The parking's not bad. If you don't have a season pass for the tailgates there's still free parking just a block or so away that still had parking places about 2 hours before the game. Plus, if you ever go to Campus Corner the tailgate is really close .

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 08:36 AM

Shut. Up.

I know you're old. I know you're tired. But you still ain't that old or tired. Geez man, it's OK to change. Change is the only constant in this world. Take a chance. Where we're at now is a hell of a lot easier to get in and out of (yes, I know you come up from points south, but we're talking a 5-minute difference), and the spot really is much better.

Seriously, I think you parking where you do is what's jacking up our team karma. It's what made our defense whiff on all those tackles. It's what made our receivers drop those balls. Change now. For the team.

1stTimeCaller
9/5/2006, 08:37 AM
I had a great time. FaninAma's kid was by far the coolest person there. Or maybe it was that he and I are on the same level, mentally, that we got along so well.

I was really surprised at how much fun I had. I don't know why I expected any less but I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm still up in the air about next week but hopefully I can make it.

sooneron
9/5/2006, 08:45 AM
I'm still up in the air about next week but hopefully I can make it.
OUT

:D

MarylandSooner
9/5/2006, 10:14 AM
Can someone give me some info on the Tailgate party at the Mosier Indoor Center? I am going to this event for the first time and wanted to know what to expect. thanks

snp
9/5/2006, 10:23 AM
Totally slipped my mind, again. One of these days I'll grace y'all's presence.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 10:36 AM
Can someone give me some info on the Tailgate party at the Mosier Indoor Center? I am going to this event for the first time and wanted to know what to expect. thanks

Why? You'll have a lot more fun at the SF.com tailgate.

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 10:40 AM
Which has moved to...where?

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 10:53 AM
Dude, look at the tailgate thread with the link.

We're at the Casa Blanca building - right across the alley from The Greek House. Corner of Jenkins and Boyd. Be there.

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 10:59 AM
Sorry...forgot the winkie thing.

The post isn't as funny without it.

Sooners78
9/5/2006, 11:54 AM
Can I come? I don't have many posts because I've been a member of that other board. I've decided to make the switch because this one is much better IMO.

Sorry, I just read the thread that says it's open to anyone. I hope to make it there this Saturday.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 03:04 PM
I had a great time. Thank you all for continuing to put up with me.
The Dean family did an excellent job on all aspects from the King on down to the "not quite a rug rat yet". But, from my perspective and as usual w/ this type of event, it was the women folk (Mrs Dean) who was barking orders and getting 'em all to jump.
Props to her and her crew.
PS. There better be some Crown left for Sat 'cause I'm coming again.

There's always some Crown for you my brother.

And Mrs. C&CDean has a cool food idea for the next tailgate. Phil will be putting up the announcement soon.