PDA

View Full Version : Bosworth tradition holders?

SoonerGOP
9/4/2006, 02:29 PM
I saw a video a few years ago about a player who was wearing an Oklahoma #44 t-shirt or something underneath his jersey. It was being passed down from player to player since Bosworth. It goes from the greatest linebacker in college to the next greatest, in that player's opinion. It has gone to players from all around colleges, including Miami, I think.

Anyone have a link or know any information on who has had posession of this since Boz first gave it away?

My memory may be sketchy, but seeing Boz in the video Sat night made me think about it.

sooner94
9/4/2006, 03:10 PM
I know what you are talking about. Last I heard, there was a Florida linebacker wearing it a few years ago (name was James Bates???- guy that wanted to become an actor after football so him and Boz became friends). I haven't heard about it since then.

I think Rufus should be wearing it this year, then give it to Austin Box next year.

GottaHavePride
9/4/2006, 03:15 PM
That totally sounds like an urban myth. On the other hand, if anyone ever had a high enough opinion of themselves to start something like that, it would HAVE to be Bosworth. And I mean that in the best way possible. ;)

SoonerGOP
9/4/2006, 07:08 PM
Not an urban legend, as far as I remember it was on an ABC pregame special.

Eddie Money
9/5/2006, 04:53 AM
That sounds pretty neat, but how does the kid in one college go to another college (possible on the opposite end of the country) and present the shirt? Or does the Boz himself present it? Also, is it the same 20 year old t-shirt? If so, I want to get me one of those because mine get holes or the collar stretches out after a year.

daddywarbucks
9/5/2006, 02:48 PM
Not an urban legend, as far as I remember it was on an ABC pregame special.
Definately not a legend. I saw the same pre-game special.

OklahomaTuba
9/5/2006, 03:01 PM
Its not the national communists against atheletes shirt is it?

King Crimson
9/5/2006, 03:06 PM
Definately not a legend. I saw the same pre-game special.

i remember Dan Morgan at Miami wearing it ot talking about it a few years ago.

SoonerGOP
9/5/2006, 04:50 PM
Its not the national communists against atheletes shirt is it?

That would be overly cool.

The NCAA sucks.

soonersam
9/5/2006, 04:55 PM
I heard it was being worn by someone at area 51