PDA

View Full Version : Any word on the UAB Team Doc?

TheHumanAlphabet
9/4/2006, 07:31 AM
She took a wicked elbow to the face and was out cold. The Birmingham News only has a statement that she was taken to hospital. Duh...

fadada1
9/4/2006, 07:52 AM
you can't get anything past those alabamans.

haven't heard anything.

the "funny" part of that whole thing (not making light of the fact that she was hurt), was the way the OU ball boy side-stepped the receiver. kid didn't even blink, calmly moved out of the way, and BOOM.

hopefully she's OK.

bringit
9/4/2006, 09:22 AM
word?

huge

sooner518
9/4/2006, 09:24 AM
i heard she got hit by a stingray in her chest.

jk the sooner fan
9/4/2006, 10:00 AM
she wasnt elbowed in the face, the hit from the WR caused the back of her head to slam against one of those big equipment boxes

soonersam
9/4/2006, 10:10 AM
iT WAS FUNNY HOW THE GUY IN THE OU SHIRT TOOK ONE STEP TO THE RIGHT AND SHE GOT BLOWN UP..

OUstudent4life
9/4/2006, 10:23 AM
It happened right in front of us. My wife (med student) and the doctor that sits next to us both instantly said "C-collar. Don't move her."

I'm wondering if she got knocked a little silly, the trainers moved her, she sat there and collected her wits, and said "Oh crap, you'd better get me to the hospital."

She could have had major spinal cord damage when they moved her.

fadada1
9/4/2006, 10:39 AM
i heard she got hit by a stingray in her chest.
BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:D

boomrsoonr
9/4/2006, 10:49 AM
she wasnt elbowed in the face, the hit from the WR caused the back of her head to slam against one of those big equipment boxes

It looked to me, on the replay, that she took an elbow to the mouth too. That's what knocked her backwards into the equipment box.

XingTheRubicon
9/4/2006, 02:10 PM
I think the most critical blow was her head to the ground after the fall.

She was pushed back, but it didn't look that hard and she did NOT hit her head on the equipment box.

jk the sooner fan
9/4/2006, 02:14 PM
I think the most critical blow was her head to the ground after the fall.

She was pushed back, but it didn't look that hard and she did NOT hit her head on the equipment box.

the replay i saw showed it did hit the box

msteudem
9/4/2006, 02:25 PM
I just went back and watched the replay in slow mo. While she is falling to the ground one of the UAB coaches is smiling real big and clapping because of the first down that they made. (course he don't see o girl being hit) But it looks funny. The fat dude with the OU shirt sure got out of the way fast. He must have not been an offensive lineman.:D

By the way it was an AC unit that she hit. She hit her head on the corner of it. :eek:

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 10:01 AM
SO, still no updates?

The OU guy calmly stepped aside, I'm sure UAB Doc didn't know hwat was coming as she was short and couldn't see over OU Ball Guy...

jk the sooner fan
9/5/2006, 10:09 AM
there are AC units on the sidelines?

am i the only one that doesnt get that?

mrowl
9/5/2006, 10:17 AM
there are AC units on the sidelines?

am i the only one that doesnt get that?

I don't think UAB looked at the weather report, kinda like how OUr defense forgot how to play defense.

XingTheRubicon
9/5/2006, 10:28 AM
the replay i saw showed it did hit the box

No, her head still didn't hit it. The part where her hair comes out, right above her shoulders never touched the big shiny box according to Tivo.

toast
9/5/2006, 12:55 PM
c'mon people, arguing about whether the poor lady's head hit the equipment box? it was clearly back and to the left, back and to the left, back and to the left...

;)

boomrsoonr
9/5/2006, 12:58 PM
That would suggest that the blow came from the front and right. But experts will show that it was a magic blow that came from the left rear.

Kingwoodboomer
9/5/2006, 01:03 PM
I think the blow came from the hidden player behind the grassy knoll.

boomrsoonr
9/5/2006, 01:13 PM
Damn. Another conspiracy theory!

r5TPsooner
9/5/2006, 01:14 PM
iT WAS FUNNY HOW THE GUY IN THE OU SHIRT TOOK ONE STEP TO THE RIGHT AND SHE GOT BLOWN UP..

I wouldn't exactly call it funny but it did make for entertaining TV.

Hopefully she just had the wind knocked out of her.