9/4/2006, 12:05 AM
intrigueing

dont think i spelled that right.

Readyfor8
9/4/2006, 12:05 AM
Works for me

Texas Golfer
9/4/2006, 01:58 AM
Quinn did look like he was struggling through much of the game.

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 02:25 AM
I bet Quinn is gonna get hammered alot.

fadada1
9/4/2006, 09:26 AM
mark it down... big time struggles against a very physical penn state D. some very fast linebackers that will use their blitz packages very wisely. the only thing i see PSU having trouble with is their DB size against nd's mullet-head WR.

CtheB
9/4/2006, 09:30 AM
First game stats for both.

ENA 227yds passing 2tds 2 int QB rating 148.61
BQ 246yds passing 0 tds 0 int QB rating 114.9

Interesting eh?

A lot of quarterbacks are going to put up better stats than the Golden One. Problem is none of them play for the hype machine run by "Rudy" inspired sportswriters who treat good Irish football like water to a thirsty man. If Quinn has average stats, and the Irish have a great year, he'll be in NY. Bank on it.

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 09:32 AM
I love comparing stats that don't mean crap.

KYHonorarySooner
9/4/2006, 09:40 AM
I love comparing stats that don't mean crap.

You're right SASooner, yards, touchdowns and picks are absolutely meaningless when it comes to judging a quarterbacks performance.

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 09:41 AM
You're right SASooner, yards, touchdowns and picks are absolutely meaningless when it comes to judging a quarterbacks performance.
early season, single game.

Has the heisman been awarded yet?

Spray
9/4/2006, 09:53 AM

I think SAS's excellent point is that that comparison would actually have some meaning if the two QBs had played against the same defense.

FWIW, I was encouraged by Thompson's performance, but comparing his stats to Quinn's doesn't really mean anything. And Quinn did other things beyond just throwing the ball to help his team win.

Finally, "ENA" is still the dumbest nickname ever created.

sanantoniosooner
9/4/2006, 09:58 AM
I think SAS's excellent point is that that comparison would actually have some meaning if the two QBs had played against the same defense.

FWIW, I was encouraged by Thompson's performance, but comparing his stats to Quinn's doesn't really mean anything. And Quinn did other things beyond just throwing the ball to help his team win.

Finally, "ENA" is still the dumbest nickname ever created.
I haven't agreed with a post more completely since SoonerScooter.

okienole3
9/4/2006, 11:32 AM
I haven't agreed with a post more completely since SoonerScooter.

Ditto. All this complaining about a media bias towards Notre Dame sounds very Aggieish. It makes my stomach turn.

msteudem
9/4/2006, 02:08 PM
A lot of quarterbacks are going to put up better stats than the Golden One. Problem is none of them play for the hype machine run by "Rudy" inspired sportswriters who treat good Irish football like water to a thirsty man. If Quinn has average stats, and the Irish have a great year, he'll be in NY. Bank on it.

Did anyone see the sign someone was holding up during gameday that said, "Rudy was offsides"

That was funny.:D

XingTheRubicon
9/4/2006, 02:19 PM
Did anyone notice the TV announcers dishing up this beauty...

Dumb*ss #1: "I don't know, dumb*ss #2, do you run it or throw it here."

Dumb*as #2: "Easy call there, dumb*ss #1, you've got all american WR Jeff Szamardiadlighadllakshdg, and Heisman winning QB, Brady Quinn....easy decision.

They want it for him so bad.

*in defense of the indefensible media, I do believe it was Bob Davie that was dumb*ss #2

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 02:22 PM
All the media pundits are beginning to open up.

Herbstriet said he thought Miami was the best team in the country.

I've heard Suc was...

I've heard ND was....

I've heard toSu was...

Haven't heard squat about the whorns...

Anyway...it will all flush out pretty soon.

hurricane'bone
9/4/2006, 02:31 PM
First game stats for both.

ENA 227yds passing 2tds 2 int QB rating 148.61
BQ 246yds passing 0 tds 0 int QB rating 114.9

Interesting eh?

Here's another set of stats that's pretty interesting.

QB "X" 229 Yards 3 TDs 0 Int QB Rating of 225.68
And he only played in the 1st Half +1 series.

:pop:

Ash
9/4/2006, 03:48 PM
Here's another set of stats that's pretty interesting.

QB "X" 229 Yards 3 TDs 0 Int QB Rating of 225.68
And he only played in the 1st Half +1 series.

:pop:

Not only that, it was against a defense that no one thought could be scored against!:rolleyes: