PDA

View Full Version : Richetti commits...

The Consumate Showman
9/3/2006, 10:09 PM
He is a...................

FU<KIN' poke.(FSN show) I-D-I-O-T. He must not realize that beating 1-AA SMS 52-10 isn't that great of a win. If he doesn't change, he will REGRET this!

poke4christ
9/3/2006, 11:59 PM
Cause anybody who doesn't commit to the sooners is a moron hugh? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, OU can't get everybody. They will still have a better recruiting class than OSU anyway. If you notice though, he's not alone. People have faith in Gundy. How many people can swing a top 20 class after a 4-7 season?

Zach

Big Red Ron
9/4/2006, 12:11 AM
How many people can swing a top 20 class after a 4-7 season?
John Blake

poke4christ
9/4/2006, 12:22 AM
John Blake

:D got to smile at that one.

The Consumate Showman
9/4/2006, 12:57 AM
Cause anybody who doesn't commit to the sooners is a moron hugh? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, OU can't get everybody. They will still have a better recruiting class than OSU anyway. If you notice though, he's not alone. People have faith in Gundy. How many people can swing a top 20 class after a 4-7 season?

Zach

Well Zach,

Apparently you, along with the rest of cowfag nation, have your heads supplanted so far up your collective arses, you can't even begin to see what's going on. Gundy wouldn't have been able to land the Rice HC job and the only reason lOSUr hired him is because the owner of sheep-humper university, T-Bone Pickens, wanted him.

Please, justify to me how or what exactly is the draw for a big time recruit to even think about going to lOSUr? The Houston Bowl? Oh that's rich.

How about, "yes guys, we finished 4-7 last year in LAST PLACE of the big XII, but if you come here, we might be able to get back up to our normal position above Baylor and Kansas(and apparently Colorado now, YIKES!).

Yes, yes. lOSUr won by 42 points, but when you play the equivalent of of Jenks High School starters...well....let's just say I'll believe it when lOSUr can go out and actually beat big XII teams....oh, and here's the word you cowgirls forget...CONSISTENTLY!

Please go back to your barnyard aggy.

The Consumate Showman
9/4/2006, 01:04 AM
And yes POKE-boy, Richetti committing to lOSUr is being an absolute MORON.

And why do you all have so much faith in Gundy btw? Because he's an lOSUr-guy? Well, that don't always work out like you plan it to.

Please, what else gives you faith in him? 4-7? Well, I guess you guys are used to mediocrity in Stoolwater. See, in Norman, we actually have those things called conf. and national cahmpionships, something you guys have no idea about and never will.

poke4christ
9/4/2006, 08:48 AM
Man, there are some really good guys over here, but there are a lot of terrible ones too. It's people like you that destroy the image of sooner fans. I always try to show respect to people on this forum and it never makes a difference. It doesn't matter what I post, I always get some kind of back hand insult (more evidence you guys don't care about OSU :rolleyes:). Maybe you can't understand why people would choose OSU over OU, but that doesn't really matter. The recruits do and that does. That's all there is too it.

Zach

usmc-sooner
9/4/2006, 09:24 AM
it's the T-Boone effect

if you pay them, they will come :D

just kidding poke4christ, congratulations on picking up the commitment

poke4christ
9/4/2006, 10:13 AM
it's the T-Boone effect

if you pay them, they will come :D

just kidding poke4christ, congratulations on picking up the commitment

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Zach

The Consumate Showman
9/4/2006, 02:51 PM
Sorry poke, but I've had WAYYYY too many run ins with jackass lOSUr fans that want to fight me or some other stupid bullsh!t because I am an OU fan. Maybe you've had the same kind of run ins with OU fans, but you have look at it from our side.

Being a perennial loser over the past, what, 100 years seems to have created a lot of jealousy on you guys' part. To me and a lot of other OU fans, it seems that lOSUr only gets keyed up to play 1 game a year, that being OU, while we are trying to go through each year winning championships. I don't understand aggy logic at all. If they get lucky and beat OU, they print up t-shirts and celebrate it like they've all hit the lottery, even if they have a losing record, never mind that. Whereas, if we beat lOSUr, well, we were supposed to and it's on to the next game.

I have always been a firm believer that if lOSUr could look past the OU game and not see it as an end-all to the season, they might actually be a decent team and might garner some respect. I think they start looking ahead to the OU game every year about a month too early which costs them valuable wins. But, this will and always has been the downfall of aggy in this state.

Sorry if you think I'm an azz, but that's just the general state of things in this state.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/4/2006, 03:14 PM
Sorry poke, but I've had WAYYYY too many run ins with jackass lOSUr fans that want to fight me or some other stupid bullsh!t because I am an OU fan. Maybe you've had the same kind of run ins with OU fans, but you have look at it from our side.

Being a perennial loser over the past, what, 100 years seems to have created a lot of jealousy on you guys' part. To me and a lot of other OU fans, it seems that lOSUr only gets keyed up to play 1 game a year, that being OU, while we are trying to go through each year winning championships. I don't understand aggy logic at all. If they get lucky and beat OU, they print up t-shirts and celebrate it like they've all hit the lottery, even if they have a losing record, never mind that. Whereas, if we beat lOSUr, well, we were supposed to and it's on to the next game.

I have always been a firm believer that if lOSUr could look past the OU game and not see it as an end-all to the season, they might actually be a decent team and might garner some respect. I think they start looking ahead to the OU game every year about a month too early which costs them valuable wins. But, this will and always has been the downfall of aggy in this state.

Sorry if you think I'm an azz, but that's just the general state of things in this state.

Poke, this man speaks the truth

Big Red Ron
9/4/2006, 05:06 PM
1) Pistol Pete is the worst mascot in the NCAA
2) Orange is a horrible color
3) Okie State is an embarassment to Oklahoma
4) Gundy is the worst coach in the Big XII
5) T-Bone is using OSU as a massive tax write off (and your facilities are still not near the top of the Big XII)

Enjoy your DE.

stoopified
9/5/2006, 07:48 AM
Hari-kari? Leaves behind letter of apology to team,coaches and fans?

poke4christ
9/5/2006, 09:36 AM
If that was an appology, (I'm still not entirely sure) thank you. Though some fans may feel that way, most definetly don't (including myself). I get pumped for the OU game, but I would not sacrifice any other win for that one. Think what you guys want and make all the "put the pokes in their place" type comments you want. Just don't be surprised if you look in your review mirror and see an orange ferrari coming up fast. That is all for me and this thread. Thanks again to those of you who showed me some respect.

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 11:03 AM
"An orange Ferrari," he says. Oh man, that's rich!

http://www.tvacres.com/images/truck_beverly2_small.jpg (http://www.tvacres.com/images/truck_beverly2.jpg)

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 11:08 AM
http://www.tvacres.com/images/truck_beverly2_small.jpg (http://www.tvacres.com/images/truck_beverly2.jpg)

Tea Bag's money has created a new TV series!

Ostate4life
9/5/2006, 02:26 PM
1) Pistol Pete is the worst mascot in the NCAA
2) Orange is a horrible color
3) Okie State is an embarassment to Oklahoma
4) Gundy is the worst coach in the Big XII
5) T-Bone is using OSU as a massive tax write off (and your facilities are still not near the top of the Big XII)

Enjoy your DE.

Facilities still not near the top of the Big 12?? Of course they arent right now, they are all under construction, but when they are done they will probably be the nicest in the conference. When the practice facility and the stadium renovation are finished you wont be able to say that with a straight face. Everything we have will be better quality than any team in the conference, that isnt speculation, that is fact. We already have the best basketball facility in the country and we will soon have the following.

Brand new baseball stadium
Best IPF in the conference
New soccer stadium
Upgraded softball stadium
West endzone expansion will hold new weightroom, Locker Rooms, Academic Center, Coaches offices, and state of the art sports rehabilitation facility.

For you to say our facilities wont be some of the best in the conference is incredibly ignorant and unresearched. In about 3 years the whole country will be catching up to us, not the other way around.

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 02:33 PM
Yer stadium ther's still pointin the wrong way pard and yer indoor facilita and stadium will be nothin compared to them ther Sooners/Huskers/Aggy/horns/Buffs.

Pass me over what you're smoking dude. If you buy a brand spanking new Kia and park it next to an older Mercedes Benz...well, you get the point.

At least it'll have that new stadium smell for a couple of years, right?

Ostate4life
9/5/2006, 02:47 PM
Yer stadium ther's still pointin the wrong way pard and yer indoor facilita and stadium will be nothin compared to them ther Sooners/Huskers/Aggy/horns/Buffs.

Pass me over what you're smoking dude. If you buy a brand spanking new Kia and park it next to an older Mercedes Benz...well, you get the point.

Well our stadium will still run east/west but it will also have more club seats and luxury suites than any stadium in the conference. If you consider size to be the tell all of a stadium then you are right, our 61,000 seats will not be close to some other big 12 programs. I hope you are coming to the ****** game this year, if you are check out the new north side that opened this year. More restrooms, concessions, easier to get in and out, and just more fan friendly all around.

And I'm sorry you are wrong about the IPF. It will be the nicest in the conference hands down. UT practices in a big inflatable bubble so that is not even a comparison. And while OU has a GREAT IPF it wont touch ours, guaranteed.

Facilities have been our achillies heel for entire history. In the facilities race we soon will go from worst to first, our recruiting has already picked up considerably since Pickens gift, and it will continue to get better and better. So I challenge you to look up the OSU facilities plan on the web and then tell me with a straight face we wont have the best facilities in the conference.

Ostate4life
9/5/2006, 02:52 PM
I guess B edlam is an expletive over here. LOL

poke4christ
9/5/2006, 03:17 PM

Once again you speak out of your ignorance. Why don't you post something to back up that talk. Our IPF alone will cost 50 million. That is much more than your's or any other IPF in the conference cost. The OU IPF lookds like a 747 Hanger. Ours will have a brick exterior and blend in with every other building on campus. There is even talk of having an underground tunnel going from the stadium to the IPF. However, I'm not sure if that is happening or not.

When our stadium is done it will total out at 200+ million spent on all three sections. We will have 4 jumbo trons and a video strip surronding the whole of the stadium. When the EZ is done, the East to West aspect won't matter as the sun will be blocked from the field during sunset (as well as many hours before).

Finally, no university in the nation will have the overall facilties that we do. Also, the won't have (nor will most have the capability of having) everything in a centralized enviroment such as OSU will. This will raise the bar for every other university in the nation.

Here's the link to the article verify my statements
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=25639&highlight=construction

Here's a few links to pictures of the new facilities.

Athletic Village:
http://www.osuconstruction.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=23

New Stadium Renderings
http://www.osuconstruction.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=0
http://www.osuconstruction.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=28
http://www.osuconstruction.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=30

IPF:
http://www.osuconstruction.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=21

As for your stadium, it may be larger, but after construction is finished BPS will be much nicer. If you are coming to stillwater for the game, you will allready be able to see how nice the new sections are.

Zach

Edit: After reviewing this, I want to appologize for being so rude and attacking. So many people here are rude and attacking to me, it makes me want to be the same back. However, I am really trying to make it my goal to be kind and respectful regardless of the crap I recieve. I will make more of an effort to do this in the future.

snp
9/5/2006, 07:10 PM
If you can't polish a turd, what makes you think you'll be able to polish anything else within that turd?

OU's stadium was, is, and always will be a much nicer stadium.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/5/2006, 07:24 PM
Poke....I mean this in the most respectful way possible.

You and your team will always be in the shadow of OU no matter how much you fix up that craphole. Your stadium will always be located in Stillwater, which in my opinion is the absolute worst college town in the history of mankind. Osu will never win any championship of any kind in football. The only thing your team will ever accomplish is a moral victory or two that you aggies will sulk in for years and years. You wear your OU-OSU 2002 t-shirts for years on in hoping that one day, maybe...just maybe that wearing it that it will bring you some good luck by possibly staying within 20 of OU during the "rivalry" game. Which, oh by the way how in the H-E double hockey sticks can a game be considered a rivalry if it is so utterly one sided the rest of the nation merely laughs at its "signifigance"
By nature I am not a rude person, in fact I consider myself to be the nicest person a guy could ever meet, but Osu fans just really annoy me to no end. In short here is my point of this entire post.

1- I dont care about your stadium (see Kia vs. old Mercedes analogy)
2- I don't care about an underground tunnell from an indoor facility, which is the biggest waste of money that I have ever heard of. What does that accomplish?
3- A team that takes pleasure in another teams defeat and or troubles whilst the team that they root for is (4-7) and not giving a rats a** reeks of aggy
4- I dont care if you have a campus that looks nice...Good for you. I saw a double wide trailer in Virginia that was bricked...woopty frickin doo
5- Everyone who is not an Osu fan laughs at you....Yes, everyone
6- You linked a website called orangepower......nuff said

Okay Im done venting, but know this. Osu has been, and always be the little brother of OU. This can't be denied, and if you try I will be more than happy to link you to the nearest CAT scan in Oklahoma to your relative location.
You may be a nice man, and Im sure you are. But your team and your fans get on my last nerve every time I see that nasty orange color on anything.

goingoneight
9/5/2006, 08:30 PM
You're wasting a little too much breath on OSU, folks. If 77-16-7 says anything about OSU football, RJ will feel the pain soon enough. Speaking of which, who cares?

boomersooner28
9/5/2006, 08:47 PM
Hey...it worked out for XLK! :D

:pop:

goingoneight
9/5/2006, 10:50 PM
Hey...it worked out for XLK! :D

:pop:

meh... :D For real, though... I wonder how all of a sudden a school with only one great football player, who is 20 years graduated nearly, can rake in recruits form the likes of Texas, OU or Nebraska's hands... After a less-than-stellar first impression of 4-7 last season? Big money Boone, perhaps?

snp
9/6/2006, 12:44 AM
meh... :D For real, though... I wonder how all of a sudden a school with only one great football player, who is 20 years graduated nearly, can rake in recruits form the likes of Texas, OU or Nebraska's hands... After a less-than-stellar first impression of 4-7 last season? Big money Boone, perhaps?

He has a girlfriend that goes there and he is really good friends with Byron Eaton. This wasn't a surprise.

PDXsooner
9/6/2006, 01:28 AM
Edit: After reviewing this, I want to appologize for being so rude and attacking. So many people here are rude and attacking to me, it makes me want to be the same back. However, I am really trying to make it my goal to be kind and respectful regardless of the crap I recieve. I will make more of an effort to do this in the future.

oh stop being such a *****. i had more respect for you before you apologized

Desert Sapper
9/6/2006, 02:13 AM
I hope OSU improves their stadium and it looks really great. I hope they have the best IPF (never heard the acronym before this thread) in the world. I hope everything is great for OSU and they become a better than bottom team in the Big XII South. I really hope so. This could do a few things for OU: give us another decent quality win during the season, motivate people to want an improved Memorial Stadium (maybe some more seats?), and give the great state of Oklahoma more than one good football team.

Recruits buy into facilities. Recruits buy into a chance to be a part of a major turn around. The Boone Pickens gift was a good thing for OSU and a good thing for the state (and could end up being a good thing for OU). I'm very happy for you.

For those that are wondering, I've got family members on both sides of ****** (grads of both schools). Farming's a family tradition (since at least 1889), and OSU tends to be a pretty good school for Ag. I don't really hate OSU anyway. They're kind of like that backward cousin that you just can't hate. You just put up with him and smile good-naturedly when he walks around with his underpants on his head.

Big Red Ron
9/6/2006, 08:20 AM
What is so cool about having all the athletes in one central location? Unless you are attempting to backdoor segregate the school?

T-Bag is a racist.

The Consumate Showman
9/6/2006, 12:56 PM
Okay. Let me end this banter. Here is the singular thing that EVERYONE has missed thus far about the arguement of LosuR's facilities being better. Now listen up pokey-boy, this is important to note. I am going to illustrate a recruit walking up to the south end of Memorial Stadium.

Walking across Asp Ave, after seeing the giant seed thrower with the Tostitos Fiesta Chips bags in his pouch, I saw the massive banner showing all of OU's national championship years and I have to say that it was impressive. Then rounding the corner onto Jenkins, I observed the Bud Wilkinson house where all the athletes stay and noticed the huge bronze statues of Billy Vessels and Steve Owens; they told me that J Whote and Billy Sims statues are going up in 2007. We walked into the Switzer Center. Now that place is really something. All of the old Orange Bowl trophies, the Sugar bowl trophy, Fiesta Bowl and Rose Bowl trophies and most importantly the national championship trophies and all of the other great trophies and memoribilia surrounding the Center and it just gets to be overwhelming thinking that, "man, one day, my life-size portrait could be in here for fans to come and see for years to come." Then we made our way to the locker room areas and saw all of the All-American pictures up and the players room, all too impressive. Then we went out onto to Owen field and the sheer magnitude of imaging 84,000 + fans screaming for me was a great thought to behold.

You see pokes, the problem with Boone-papa-maow-maow donating all that $$ is that LosuR has no tradition to speak of other than Barry Sanders and I'm sorry, one man is not going to change the face of your program, especially a guy that doesn't even like coming back to your hellhole of a town. What exactly is LosuR going to show a recruit that OU doesn't already have? I guess that Houston Bowl Trophy must be really appealing... This has and will always will be the problem with the pokes football program. And I hate to say it for the dedicated fans, but they are diluting themselves if they think that money is going to get them a number 1 recuting class and a big XII champ. You have to have some prowess and some gumption to be able to compete with the top programs around the country and quite frankly, LosuR is only making themselves look worse in the eyes of national media by trying desperately to grasp at straws to try and catch up to their big brother OU. Mike Gundy does not equate to Bob Stoops or Mack Brown or Pete Carroll or Bobby Bowden and he never will...EVER. And your stadium while it may be nice and pretty, will never have the historical prowess and mystique that OU, Alabama, Tennessee, USC, the Orange Bowl, and others have in the college football world. Boone Pickens Stadium will forever be known as that nice stadium in the middle of nowwhere Oklahoma that is never full unless OU, UT, or Nebbish is playing there and they bring a but load of fans w/them.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/6/2006, 01:38 PM
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to The Consumate Showman again

r5TPsooner
9/6/2006, 02:14 PM
You win a few and lose a few when it comes to recruiting. We could really stand to land a QB who's ready to play immediately. Surely that someone is out there somewhere.

JohnnyMack
9/6/2006, 04:05 PM
The Louvre and Philbrook are both museums. Philbrook will never be the Louvre. TIA.