H
A

H
A

H
A

H
A

Kody Cooke from Enid decommitted from tech and committed to OU Saturday (9/3) after OU offered him. Serves the sand aggies well. Says he loves the OU line and Coach Patton. Way to go Coach!

Big Red Ron
9/4/2006, 12:30 AM
woot

OUGreg723
9/4/2006, 03:38 PM
NOICE!!

BASSooner
9/4/2006, 04:10 PM
heh thats the 2nd straight year. 1st crow now this guy :D

okienole3
9/4/2006, 05:43 PM
here's to hoping he stays

The Consumate Showman
9/4/2006, 06:17 PM
I think he'll probably be a guard at OU. He is 6'4", but you know how those recruiting services height measurements go...

He has been told they would like to use him at OT or OG. And you know if TT wanted him, he must be pretty athletic with those splits Leach uses.

Only a 2 star recruit, but I'll tell you what, I would rather have a guy like him that's from Oklahoma and has been an OU fan and WANTS desperately to go to OU than some of these "national" guys out there.

A good pick up for Stoops and Co.!!

recruiter
9/4/2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah, it worked so well with Chad Roark.

The in-state myth is exactly that.

The Consumate Showman
9/4/2006, 11:23 PM

Yeah, because, you know, Rocky,Teddy, Dan C., etc... just plain sucked, right?

Sorry, but I notice that you're from Kansas. Your Roark reference is totally stupid. If you knew them or anything about them or were from the Ada area (I am) you would not have said that. Those boys are not the kind of players that have the heart and will to make it through OU. They are the kind that are better suited for a program that is willing to pat you on the back and tell you how great you are even if you're riding the pine. Hence their run to Nebbish.

I guess you didn't like the Selmons either, huh??? The in-state 'myth' is true for SOME players, not all my friend. Do your homewrok next time.

goingoneight
9/5/2006, 10:47 PM

It's not a myth. People like Jason White and Kejaun Jones, JD Runnels and/or Larry Birdine... Kids who have grwon up on Stoops football or just all-around OU football are less likely to f*ck up than some god-complexed kid from OUr rival's states or elsewhere. We've seen some homers f*ck up, but for the most part, Stoops has always liked looking into homegrown talent as he finds it.

PLaw
10/4/2006, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't whoopin' too much about getting an OL from ttu. Now USC, T-sip U, ND, uga, or lsu would be another story.

GO SOONERS!

PLAW

The Consumate Showman
10/4/2006, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't whoopin' too much about getting an OL from ttu. Now USC, T-sip U, ND, uga, or lsu would be another story.

GO SOONERS!

PLAW

Yeah, but I bet you would drool all over yourself if we could have a Bubba Burcham on our line. Bubba wasn't that highly regarded, but he WANTED to play for OU and was PROUD to wear that jersey and he got himself a ring to go along with his pride. If Cody has that kind of pride, I'll take him any day...

Hella Sideburns
10/4/2006, 06:53 PM
If he wants to play for OU, and our coaches want him to play for OU, that's good enough for me.

Echoes
10/6/2006, 02:47 PM
I know Cody personally, he is a good kid. He will stay with us, no doubt. He has a good head on his shoulders, so he shouldn't cause any trouble or anything like that, and should stay eligible, which I think is pretty important