PDA

View Full Version : I just watched Stoops coaches show...

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 09:22 PM
...and I think Paul Thompson played a very good game....I am very encouraged...

Jason White's Third Knee
9/3/2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah, but the Oline didn't. You and I might have to officially switch positions.

Cam
9/3/2006, 09:31 PM
PT needs to work on his timing with the WR's. That will come with more practice time.

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, but the Oline didn't. You and I might have to officially switch positions.

Are you ripping Paul Thompson ????

boomrsoonr
9/3/2006, 09:35 PM
I think the O-line did a pretty decent job of protecting PT. The only problem I saw was, they couldn't open a running lane up the middle. It's like they made up their minds they weren't going to be moved by the D, but weren't going to move the D either.

sooneron
9/3/2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I saw very little surge. However, these guys are still getting used to each other.,... I hope.

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 09:38 PM
I did not notice any irreparable problems with the O-line...

Jason White's Third Knee
9/3/2006, 09:55 PM
I did not notice any irreparable problems with the O-line...

If blocking is reparable then ok. And I thought ENA looked decent. He needs to keep those passes down, but first game. No biggie.

The O line. Yeccchhhh. We got a long way to go if we plan to beat texas.... or oregon.

I wasn't cool with the pass blocking at all. And the run blocking was pretty weak. Compared to the texas, nd and usc lines.... we just didn't have the meat that they do. Their guys are murderers. Maybe we are just too green.

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 09:58 PM
If blocking is reparable then ok. And I thought ENA looked decent. He needs to keep those passes down, but first game. No biggie.

The O line. Yeccchhhh. We got a long way to go if we plan to beat texas.... or oregon.

I wasn't cool with the pass blocking at all. And the run blocking was pretty weak. Compared to the texas, nd and usc lines.... we just didn't have the meat that they do. Their guys are murderers. Maybe we are just too green.

You may be right and we will find out in due course...I like our O-line...

crimson&cream
9/3/2006, 10:08 PM

Did Paul; get sacked-NO and seemed for the most part he had time to pass.

OUGreg723
9/3/2006, 10:10 PM
WE WILL BE FINE THIS SEASON.

sooneron
9/3/2006, 10:12 PM

I wasn't that impressed with ut's run blocking. Mean Green was getting a lot of penetration in the first half on the rushing downs.

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 10:12 PM
WE WILL BE FINE THIS SEASON.

Define "fine"....

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 10:13 PM
Did Paul; get sacked-NO and seemed for the most part he had time to pass.

ESPN.com credits him as sacked once. I don't know where they saw that, though.

crimson&cream
9/3/2006, 10:17 PM
I was there I didn't see it.

oumartin
9/3/2006, 10:18 PM
i wish john blake were coach.. :D

boomrsoonr
9/3/2006, 10:27 PM

You should be banned. ;)

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 10:28 PM

John Blake is a coach with Callaloser....

sooneron
9/3/2006, 10:29 PM
I didn't see that much bad pass blocking. There were times when it seemed like PT had too much time.

Sooner Schemer
9/3/2006, 10:37 PM
ESPN.com credits him as sacked once. I don't know where they saw that, though.First play of the fourth quarter.
(This was right after Iglesias dropped the pass in the end zone. We kicked a field goal on the next play.)

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 10:48 PM
First play of the fourth quarter.
(This was right after Iglesias dropped the pass in the end zone. We kicked a field goal on the next play.)

Ah. I must have been too busy heckling the guy that thought we were already playing defense.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/3/2006, 11:00 PM
I didn't see that much bad pass blocking. There were times when it seemed like PT had too much time.

Gospel sh#ttin' true.

He was a regular iceman checkin' off 3-4 deep in the progression from what I saw.

bri
9/3/2006, 11:00 PM
Ah. I must have been too busy heckling the guy that thought we were already playing defense.

Mommy, what's 'irony'?

:D

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 11:05 PM
Settled Deano ("the expert") said o-line played well...

sooneron
9/3/2006, 11:06 PM
Hey guys, let's pump this thread up cuz Bri is over on his thread bitching how he can't get the show on his crappy rabbit ears in the...

oops nevermind

FaninAma
9/3/2006, 11:07 PM
OU's offensive line didn't do a bad job of run blocking. The Sooners had more total yards rushing than UAB and had a much higher yards per rush average. The people who weren't sustaining their blocks were the WR's. Aside from the TE's the receiving corps had a very mediocre game.

I found it very interesting that none of the drops by the receivers were shown on Stoops' playback show.

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 11:09 PM
I thought they showed Iglesias in the endzone...maybe not upon reflection...

FaninAma
9/3/2006, 11:34 PM
I thought they showed Iglesias in the endzone...maybe not upon reflection...

They didn't show that or the Malcom Kelly drop of a great sideline pass in the 2nd quarter.

PT threw 2 bad balls.....the missed slant to Kelly that should have been a TD and the ball that was too high that was intercepted.

Man I'd like to see more of Finley and Gresham both on the field at the same time.

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 11:36 PM
They didn't show that or the Malcom Kelly drop of a great sideline pass in the 2nd quarter.

PT threw 2 bad balls.....the missed slant to Kelly that should have been a TD and the ball that was too high that was intercepted.

Man I'd like to see more of Finley and Gresham both on the field at the same time.

OK, I stand corrected...

Ash
9/4/2006, 12:14 AM

Yeah, it was refreshing to see the TE as an integral part of the offense, and Joe Jon (sp?) played like a man. I'd like to see Gresham protect the ball when it's thrown his way, hopefully it's youth and not habit.

douxpaysan
9/4/2006, 12:19 AM
Define "fine"....
10-2

Frozen Sooner
9/4/2006, 12:20 AM

I remember him being sacked, but it might have been a called run and he just didn't get time to start running.

Scotty
9/4/2006, 12:40 AM
soo do we still not know if they are going to replay the replay or not?

SoonerGM
9/4/2006, 01:56 AM

it was the play where he got flushed from the pocket. he did some ballerina crap and escaped one guy and started to run to the oustide. was about to break for a big run and someone got his foot.

Rogue
9/4/2006, 07:02 AM
PT had more than 2 bad throws. He got bailed out by the receivers a couple of times when they made some circus catches. Don't get me wrong, he played OK and I was especially impressed with how he checked through to the 2nd and sometimes 3rd receivers.

MamaMia
9/4/2006, 09:04 AM
Very much so. There were plenty of times I was standing in front of my chair wondering what Paul was waiting for. There were several times that I yelled... "Throw the ball! Hes wide open!" :eek:

usmc-sooner
9/4/2006, 09:20 AM
I was pleased with the offensive performance. now the defense is what scared me.

oumartin
9/4/2006, 09:25 AM
happy to be 1-0 after last year.

and really was happy i had 2 hours to reflect on the game while trying to drive out of norman.