PDA

View Full Version : Is this to be expected all year?

Readyfor8
9/3/2006, 04:15 PM
AD was a god last night, no doubt, but there seems to be some confusion. First of all I watch ESPN Sportscenter and Gameday not because I love it and I need them for news, I watch them because the people voting on the Heisman and the polls watch them and I like to see it through thier eyes.

So lo and behold I get home last night and turn on my DVR to watch both, and they say AD carried the team yesterday nothing wrong with that from a Heisman standpoint. However I think a one person team doesn't help us in the polls, not only that but I am looking at box scores such as this one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262450201

And I notice that Paul is credited for 2 touchdowns (two thrown touchdowns including the AD swing pass) but AD is credited for one in the rushing column. I understand it was a pass but AD isn't listed in the Recieving portion of the Box Score.

Basically I want to see them list all purpose yards for both ENA and AD, just like they did for Bush last year. OU deserves credit for the win too, show the block by Finley on the huge AD run, show Strong tightroping the sidelines for a reception. In short OU is a top 10 team, with a superhuman back I understand, but they are still a top 10 team give the entire team credit for the win last night.

sooneron
9/3/2006, 04:18 PM
but reporting the facts would get in the way of drawing hype for the name player and getting the viewer's attention. I do agree that they should have listed AD's all purpose yards.

oumartin
9/3/2006, 04:50 PM
we're doomed

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 05:33 PM
They'll be all over AD once ND gets it over with and loses a game or two.

r5TPsooner
9/3/2006, 05:43 PM
Once ND gets beat or Quinn has a bad game all eyes will be on AD barring injury.

usmc-sooner
9/3/2006, 05:46 PM
well since Cal lost and will probably lose again Lynch is probably out. Troy Smith didn't look like Superman, once ND get's beat maybe twice some of the shine will probably come off Quinn.

They are all good players though.

oumartin
9/3/2006, 05:49 PM
colt mccoy

r5TPsooner
9/3/2006, 05:49 PM
colt mccoy

:eek:

Doged
9/3/2006, 11:48 PM
Gute and AP > colt mccoy

Gotta' agree with that, and AD of course beats 'em all! :D

martin, why is your avatar a pic of a guy with a poodle on his head? Just sayin'...

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 01:26 AM
Quinn will have to pick it up and I think it's going to be pretty difficult for him considering the domer's schedule.

Domer Schedule (http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/nd-m-footbl-sched.html)

Texas Golfer
9/4/2006, 01:53 AM
It doesn't bother me when I read that AD "saves the day" or "carries OU to victory". As long as we win, I'm all for AD getting ALL the glory because it could only help his Heisman chances with publicity like that.

Readyfor8
9/4/2006, 02:44 AM
It doesn't bother me when I read that AD "saves the day" or "carries OU to victory". As long as we win, I'm all for AD getting ALL the glory because it could only help his Heisman chances with publicity like that.

Thats true but a one man team is also discounted by alot of pollsters. Look at TCU and Ladanian Tomlinson, granted it was TCU but still.

PalmBeachSooner
9/4/2006, 10:48 AM
Thats true but a one man team is also discounted by alot of pollsters. Look at TCU and Ladanian Tomlinson, granted it was TCU but still.

One man team? I kind of hope the rest of the college world believes that. OU has playmakers all over the field. I just hope the defense picks it up. They DID not live up to their hype. Didn't even come close. They were no better than the D in the first game last year.

Sooner-N-KS
9/4/2006, 01:03 PM
The problem is you're not looking at the Box Score. The Box Score can be found here: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262450201&confId=null

What you were looking at was the "Recap." I looked at other games, and the Recap for all of them only listed the top 4 receivers on each team. The Box Score has all of the stats. If AD had caught that first little pass he would have made the recap in receiving.