PDA

View Full Version : Bears v. Granma

Okla-homey
9/3/2006, 03:47 PM
I can just see granny now, wiping her hands on her apron and saying..."and take yer danged cub too you filfthy animal. I just mopped."

Bears enter homes, attack elderly woman

VAIL, Colo., Sept. 1 (UPI) -- Hungry bears have broken into two Vail, Colo., homes, stealing food and injuring a 72-year-old woman.

Vail Police Sgt. Dan Torgerson said the first break-in occurred Thursday when a bear entered a house through the front door and ate food off the kitchen counter, the Vail Daily reported Friday.

The second incident occurred several minutes later when a bear, which authorities suspect may have been the same animal involved in the first break-in, entered the home of the unidentified 72-year-old woman.

Torgerson said the bear hissed at the woman when she entered the kitchen and struck the woman on her chest and right arm, scratching her arm.

"If the bear was trying to hurt her, it very easily could have," Torgerson said. "I think it was just surprised."

Torgerson said the bear left the home when the woman yelled and clapped her hands at the animal. He said the woman then discovered a bear cub in the house, and pushed it out the door.

Colorado Division of Wildlife spokesman Randy Hampton said the bears would be euthanized if caught.

StoopTroup
9/3/2006, 03:51 PM
She was pretty lucky considering there was a cub there.

Wow.

bri
9/3/2006, 03:52 PM
COLBERT WAS RIGHT!!!!

StoopTroup
9/3/2006, 04:06 PM
Granma's rug.

http://www.thegoodtimber.com/FinalPics/collectibles/braidRug.jpg