PDA

View Full Version : Fire Kelvin willison!

stoopified
9/3/2006, 12:04 PM
I can't believe all the biching and moaning about playcalling after one game.You do realize that what Wilson calls like Long,Mangino,Leach,Hall,Coker.w.Brown,M.Brown,and ALL previous OC before them starts with a gameplan ALL the offensive coaches put together during practice during the week.In the game playcalling has been dictated not only by score and situation but by what the HEAD COACH decides.Wilson,just like Long is going to run what Bob wants.Has no one noticed that sincs AD has been here we are content to RUN AD in the second half when we have even a slight lead and only pass when forced to.IF you want to blame someone blame the old ballcoach.

oumartin
9/3/2006, 12:16 PM
fire bob stoops.. that dude and his close friend assistant hiring has grown old. we need fresh blood in this program ;)

BASSooner
9/3/2006, 12:21 PM
i was at the game, the play calling is NOT to be blamed. KW did a better job than chuckie i would think.

1stTimeCaller
9/3/2006, 12:23 PM
he was being sarcastic

oumartin
9/3/2006, 12:34 PM
sarcasm is not allowed on this board..

sooneron
9/3/2006, 12:51 PM
I loathe you

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 01:00 PM
I can't believe all the biching and moaning about playcalling after one game.You do realize that what Wilson calls like Long,Mangino,Leach,Hall,Coker.w.Brown,M.Brown,and ALL previous OC before them starts with a gameplan ALL the offensive coaches put together during practice during the week.In the game playcalling has been dictated not only by score and situation but by what the HEAD COACH decides.Wilson,just like Long is going to run what Bob wants.Has no one noticed that sincs AD has been here we are content to RUN AD in the second half when we have even a slight lead and only pass when forced to.IF you want to blame someone blame the old ballcoach.

Why do you hate your spacebar?

;)

Ash
9/3/2006, 02:27 PM
I say fire Brett Vegetables and hire Mack Stoops back from ASU!

badger
9/3/2006, 02:30 PM
I hear that coach Colorado hired did pretty well up at Boise State. Think we'd be able to get him?

bstuff1979
9/3/2006, 02:31 PM
I say we dig up Hank Stram and run some 65 toss-power trap.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2006, 02:42 PM
i think holtz isn't busy right now.......

go48
9/3/2006, 02:46 PM
What is often overlooked is the execution of the play. The play calling is often "a whole lot better" when the players don't bust assignments, etc.

SoonerLB
9/3/2006, 03:37 PM
go48 brings up a great point there. Personally, I thought the play calling was greatly improved. It was a pleasure to watch the Sooners play without having a near coronary over my displeasure with Chuck Long. It was nice to see North South football, and also nice to see that the Tight End is an eligible player. We missed 2 TD's because of execution (over throw and dropped ball) that would have been a big difference. First game jitters are behind us now, I think we are going to be fine.

r5TPsooner
9/3/2006, 04:04 PM
My only complaint with the play calling was the lack of balls thrown down field. Did we ever try to go deep even once?

rogcoley
9/3/2006, 04:31 PM
We should fire the candy as* fans that sit on their freakin hands in the stands unless we’re winning by 50 at half-time. When I went to OU back in the covered wagon days, we were all hoarse after a game. I have to watch from Baja Oklahoma (Keller TX) and I’m hoarse so what’s the god d*mn problem with the clowns in the numbered seats?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!