PDA

View Full Version : Capel comments beforegame and at half

stoopified
9/3/2006, 11:48 AM
He said that he had his players working on their athletism in workouts.He was saying that we had athletic players who needed to regain that form since it was previously UNUSED.Godbold was the example he used in this statement.He said that the players were being exposed to adifferent style than they ere used to.I dunno but that does sound like yp-tempo talk to me.We DO have a lot of guys who can run(AJ,L2,Griffin,Godbold,Maze,Clark,Crocker.It sounds like Coach C is serious about running.That is not the picture I got from looking at his VCU teams.Looking forward to seeing what is up at THE BASH.

OUstud
9/3/2006, 01:16 PM
Sounds good. I liked the basketball video that was at the game too.

OUster
9/25/2006, 03:53 PM
I get this feeling about Capel, a good one. My knowledge is limited in basketball, but my gut tells me we will remember the year that Capel got hired, just like the video said. To me, he has that intangible you can't put your finger on.

okienole3
9/25/2006, 04:14 PM
When they did the commercial and showed him at the game on Saturday, my mom said "at least he smiles." So, he has one fan already.

william_brasky
9/25/2006, 07:48 PM
I don't think that solely means running.

Jumping and being explosive/quick are two movements as well.

Along with the running I see guys taking it to the rim more and blowing by their defenders on the offensive end.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/25/2006, 08:12 PM
Wait, is Capel moving away from the prevent offense our players have become accustomed to? :D

badger
9/25/2006, 09:29 PM
Will the next Billy Ball be... Jeffy Jam?

[/lame]

I am very excited about the upcoming season.

GottaHavePride
9/25/2006, 10:54 PM
I nominate CAPEL SMASH!

proudsoonergal
9/27/2006, 07:17 PM
How about JC Jukes?