PDA

View Full Version : good perspective on the weekend...

fadada1
9/3/2006, 09:06 AM
on ALL the games. and i never like giving vredit to radio announcers/sport talk show hosts, but "whoever it was" said some good things. basically said, let's all not jump off a bridge and consider the season lost.

in a nutshell:

1- he's tired of the notre dame hype and said they aren't as good as advertised.

2- tennessee is better than expected as of right now.

3- nebraska is NOT as good as they showed yesterday.

4- OU is NOT as bad as they might have shown yesterday.

5- texas is NOT as good as they showed because they played a very bad team.

6- tosu played solid, but not up to number 1.

7- colorado totally sucks ***.

i was very frustrated with our defensive play last night, but i think we make some adjustments. all things considered (against a better than advertised uab squad), with 4 turnovers (2 at very bad times), we still pulled out a win.

AD looked great. JJ finley looked great. PT played very well.

a win is a win... just make it look cleaner next week.

PalmBeachSooner
9/3/2006, 09:13 AM
The turnovers were the biggest problem plain and simple. Take them away and the mood this morning in the Sooner nation is much much better.

Why did we stop throwing to the TE? Was it because Gresham let them take it away from him?

OUmillenium
9/3/2006, 09:20 AM
on ALL the games. and i never like giving vredit to radio announcers/sport talk show hosts, but "whoever it was" said some good things. basically said, let's all not jump off a bridge and consider the season lost.

in a nutshell:

1- he's tired of the notre dame hype and said they aren't as good as advertised.

2- tennessee is better than expected as of right now.

3- nebraska is NOT as good as they showed yesterday.

4- OU is NOT as bad as they might have shown yesterday.

5- texas is NOT as good as they showed because they played a very bad team.

6- tosu played solid, but not up to number 1.

7- colorado totally sucks ***.

i was very frustrated with our defensive play last night, but i think we make some adjustments. all things considered (against a better than advertised uab squad), with 4 turnovers (2 at very bad times), we still pulled out a win.

AD looked great. JJ finley looked great. PT played very well.

a win is a win... just make it look cleaner next week.

That sums it up nicely! AD was smokin fast

Widescreen
9/3/2006, 12:05 PM
The turnovers were the biggest problem plain and simple. Take them away and the mood this morning in the Sooner nation is much much better.

Why did we stop throwing to the TE? Was it because Gresham let them take it away from him?
Agree 100%. Turnovers were what made the came so close. I also wondered what happend to the TE's in the 2nd half. Finley should be our 3rd-and-long go-to guy.

OUWxGuesser
9/3/2006, 12:37 PM
The TE usage was a big breath of fresh air... for awhile I thought Trent Smith had returned.

westcoast_sooner
9/3/2006, 01:12 PM
Agree 100%. Turnovers were what made the came so close. I also wondered what happend to the TE's in the 2nd half. Finley should be our 3rd-and-long go-to guy.

4 Turnovers will just kill a team's offensive momentum, and that's why the game was so close. Twice we were going in to score and had INTs in just the first half. Agree with your assessment of Joe Jon - he was huge in the first half and disappeared in the 2nd. Wondering if UAB changed the coverage on him.

Doged
9/3/2006, 02:35 PM
Agree with your assessment of Joe Jon - he was huge in the first half and disappeared in the 2nd. Wondering if UAB changed the coverage on him.

I'm betting they put someone on him full time. The pressure on PT seemed to ease up a little about the same time JJ disappeared, but that could just be my imagination.

UABinBHM
9/3/2006, 02:45 PM
Yall picked up on it. I told yall prior to the game (and it turned out to be the case) that our defense would keep us in the game. I knew we'd get some turnovers and that kept us in the game. I also think yall are right about the game not showing how good OU is. Texas, Nebraska, and all them did NOT play a team the same caliber as what you guys did... and that's not just tooting my team's own horn. It's the simple truth and you'll see it as the season progresses. There wont be many teams that hold AD under 140 yards rushing as UAB did. In fact, I believe AD will rush for 200+ in most games he plays this year. Good luck next week and throughout the year.

SoonerJack
9/3/2006, 02:47 PM
Seeing the TE return to the offense reminded me of Keith Jackson on the '85 team. Remember the reverse to him in the Nebraska game?