PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the biggest improvemnt was over last season?

8timechamps
9/3/2006, 04:59 AM
For me, it was our secondary. We have some playmakers back there, and for the most part they are very young.

I love DJ, but I he is our weak link. I hope he gets 200 picks this year, but I am afraid he will be picked on quite a bit.

BajaOklahoma
9/3/2006, 06:10 AM
We now have a QB with brains, class and integrity.

OUinFLA
9/3/2006, 07:02 AM
We won our first game

OUinFLA
9/3/2006, 07:05 AM

eggzactly. I didnt see PT make any poor choices or gambles tonight, except maybe the throw while in the grasp, but dang, it was a completed pass and the receiver didnt have a defender near him.
Yep, he missed some pass throws, but the brains department seemed to be clicking all night long

walkoffsooner
9/3/2006, 07:46 AM
tight end. and the win

OUHOMER
9/3/2006, 07:56 AM
For me, it was our secondary. We have some playmakers back there, and for the most part they are very young.

I love DJ, but I he is our weak link. I hope he gets 200 picks this year, but I am afraid he will be picked on quite a bit.

I dont know if you can say the secondary was/is improvement from last year just yet. Do i think they well be as we go along, yes I do.

I dont know that I would say there was any position other than tight end that showed improvement thus far. I do think everything I saw was correctable.

Oh, how about play calling???

TripleOption14
9/3/2006, 08:20 AM
We won our first game

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a WIIINNNNAAA!!!!!

It was a win and thats all that matters PERIOD!!! Plus we move up a spot in the polls icing on the cake. :)

8timechamps
9/3/2006, 08:27 AM
I dont know that I would say there was any position other than tight end that showed improvement thus far. I do think everything I saw was correctable.

I'm not sure you can say the TE position was improved, simply because we haven't really integrated the TE into our offensive scheme in a few years.

I understand what you are saying though.

MarylandSooner
9/3/2006, 08:27 AM
I think the play calling was actually pretty good, Wilson made the decision to get the ball in AD hands as much as possible and it paid off with the 69 yd TD.

8timechamps
9/3/2006, 08:28 AM
I think the play calling was actually pretty good, Wilson made the decision to get the ball in AD hands as much as possible and it paid off with the 69 yd TD.

Yep, I think there was only one time I thought "Why did he call that play?!"

OUHOMER
9/3/2006, 08:44 AM
Oh and I would say that the kick return game is looking better already as well.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/3/2006, 08:49 AM
the weather...way too hot first game last year

r5TPsooner
9/3/2006, 08:56 AM
AD in passing situations.

Punt & kick returners are awesome.

mOUse
9/3/2006, 08:59 AM
4 scores and 2 of them were passing. Thompson only needs 8 more TD's and 1 less INT to surpass the former unnamed character that supposedly was the guy that was going to take us to another BCS game.:rolleyes:

ouflak
9/3/2006, 09:04 AM
We did get some pretty nice special teams returns on. We keep that up (and improve our own special teams coverage which was mediocre) and we put ourselves in some extra positions to make points and pin the opponent deep in their own territory.

soonerhubs
9/3/2006, 09:10 AM
Amen to that. I say with a little more practice we see some KO returns and Punt returns for touchdowns.

Also I thought Joe John Finley was solid. Gresham was shakey with his only reception being fumbled, but was it his fault? I'm not sure.

PalmBeachSooner
9/3/2006, 09:19 AM

Good point. The special teams were much better. However, Reggie did fumble. We got lucky.

OKC-SLC
9/3/2006, 09:20 AM
post of the year.

this team, led by ENA, is already much more likeable than last year's.

Guys, I think ENA played extremely well, given the circumstances. He just found out he'd be playing QB again and he put together a very solid game. Paul made good decisions, first and foremost, and made a lot of good reads. I'll charge him with one of his interceptions and 1/2 of the other one. But i'll charge the WRs with a lot of drops, including a sure TD on a great ENA play. Also, he'll gain confidence and not let some of those tosses get away from him.

This team has a lot of room for improvement, but if everyone played as well as ENA, we'd have won by 35.

Cam
9/3/2006, 09:42 AM
For me, it was special teams play. I think a lot of us forget how important ST's play was in 2000.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2006, 09:45 AM
Special Teams play was solid.

Secondary was good minus DJ's penchant for staring into the backfield and letting his man sprint by him.

Egeo
9/3/2006, 09:52 AM
Special Teams play was solid.

Secondary was good minus DJ's penchant for staring into the backfield and letting his man sprint by him.
FS was at fault as well on one of those plays
if the front 7 would have taken care of the option dj wouldnt have been looking into the backfield so much...

and technically he only let his man sprint by him like that once
the other few times he just got beat on a 9 route with no safety help

i think we blitz too much... not sure though

JohnnyMack
9/3/2006, 11:30 AM
FS was at fault as well on one of those plays
if the front 7 would have taken care of the option dj wouldnt have been looking into the backfield so much...

You're probably right, but he still needs to learn to stay home or he'll become the reincarnation of EB.

i think we blitz too much... not sure though

I agree. Seems like when we stayed home/in our lanes they weren't able to do much.