PDA

View Full Version : Since when did OU become above the rules?

Readyfor8
9/2/2006, 11:57 PM
Fact 1: UAB is a better team than any other opener played by a BigXII school this year. This school is every bit as highly touted as TCU was at the end of last season, and I remember several singing the Horned Frogs praises at the end of last season.

Fact 2: All defenses of all programs of all time have bad games and its not uncommon for those games to be the first game of the season. There is a reason that there has been a major upset on Week 1 for as far back as I can remember, and thats because Defenses need time to gel, to come together. One thing can be said and that is that OU has the best secondary it has had since Strait left.

Fact 3: ENA isn't Jason White, but he is the best QB we have on the team right now and thats for sure. He came out and did exactly what was expected of him and then some. By the end of this season ENA will be an MVP guaranteed.

Fact 4: Kevin Wilson has delivered a new offense to OU. He has given the Tight End a spot in the offense that hasn't been a factor since Trent Smith left. If anyone has a problem with the play calling, I think you need your head examined.

This game is exactly as billed, this is an upper mid major team, and no team gets a pass from UAB. Mid Majors are notoriously difficult for all teams even the best take Fresno St. vs. USC 2005, look at what UAB did to Tennesee last year.

In short to all you Chicken Littles out there... No the sky is not falling but I may need to hit some of you in the head with a rock.

soonerhubs
9/3/2006, 12:00 AM
Fact 1: UAB is a better team than any other opener played by a BigXII school this year. This school is every bit as highly touted as TCU was at the end of last season, and I remember several singing the Horned Frogs praises at the end of last season.

Fact 2: All defenses of all programs of all time have bad games and its not uncommon for those games to be the first game of the season. There is a reason that there has been a major upset on Week 1 for as far back as I can remember, and thats because Defenses need time to gel, to come together. One thing can be said and that is that OU has the best secondary it has had since Strait left.

Fact 3: ENA isn't Jason White, but he is the best QB we have on the team right now and thats for sure. He came out and did exactly what was expected of him and then some. By the end of this season ENA will be an MVP guaranteed.

Fact 4: Kevin Wilson has delivered a new offense to OU. He has given the Tight End a spot in the offense that hasn't been a factor since Trent Smith left. If anyone has a problem with the play calling, I think you need your head examined.

This game is exactly as billed, this is an upper mid major team, and no team gets a pass from UAB. Mid Majors are notoriously difficult for all teams even the best take Fresno St. vs. USC 2005, look at what UAB did to Tennesee last year.

In short to all you Chicken Littles out there... No the sky is not falling but I may need to hit some of you in the head with a rock.

12-0 baby 12-0

And I'll pick up some rocks for you if you'd like.

Statalyzer
9/3/2006, 01:09 AM
This school is every bit as highly touted as TCU was at the end of last season,

What makes you think that?

CBS Sportsline says UAB is #88 (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5882244)

College Football News: "UAB is not TCU" (http://cfn.scout.com/2/562844.html)

CBS Sportsline's CUSA predictions include UAB not being a bowl team (http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9629708)

Europasooner
9/3/2006, 01:19 AM
My point exactly, Statalyzer, but if you are the least bit critical of a lackluster performance, you are considered the antichrist on this board.

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 01:19 AM
What makes you think that?

CBS Sportsline says UAB is #88 (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5882244)

College Football News: "UAB is not TCU" (http://cfn.scout.com/2/562844.html)

CBS Sportsline's CUSA predictions include UAB not being a bowl team (http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9629708)

You heard it first here troll, Texas will lose 2-3 games this year...

Soonerus
9/3/2006, 01:20 AM
My point exactly, Statalyzer, but if you are the least bit critical of a lackluster performance, you are considered the antichrist on this board.

Same to you troll jr...

Statalyzer
9/3/2006, 01:46 AM
You heard it first here troll, Texas will lose 2-3 games this year...

I was not trolling. Somebody made a claim here about UAB. I disagreed with that claim and I backed up my position with evidence. How is that trolling? Now pulling out the red herring of how many games Texas loses....

If you disagree, then why not make your point and back it up instead of just resorting to labelling the both of us?

RooseveltRoughRider
9/3/2006, 01:57 AM
FACT #5- The world knew people on this board would begin singing the praises of how Good UAB was instead of admitting the Sooners had a bad game.

FACT #6: Without Adrian Peterson the Sooner Offense was irrelevant

FACT#7 : Texas- VY > OU -AD

leavingthezoo
9/3/2006, 09:23 AM
FACT #5- The world knew people on this board would begin singing the praises of how Good UAB was instead of admitting the Sooners had a bad game.

FACT #8: disputing fact number 6- i honestly doubt the "world" as a whole even knew there was college football today.

FACT #9: disputing fact number 7- joe don honestly didn't make any key catches, or throw a touchdown creating block or anything. honest. and pt didn't make any touchdown passes. honest. ad however was amazing how he blocked for himself, passed to himself, and everything. he probably healed a cripple too.

FACT 10: disputing fact 7- an OU team with zero wins is still better than texas. :D

47straight
9/3/2006, 09:34 AM
I was not trolling. Somebody made a claim here about UAB. I disagreed with that claim and I backed up my position with evidence. How is that trolling? Now pulling out the red herring of how many games Texas loses....

If you disagree, then why not make your point and back it up instead of just resorting to labelling the both of us?

HAHAHA! YOUR COACH DOESN'T START THE BEST RUNNING BACK!

47straight
9/3/2006, 09:36 AM

HAHAHA! YOUR COACH SUBS IN THE SUCKY BUT HYPED QB IN THE 2ND QUARTER!!!

Ash
9/3/2006, 10:11 AM

Have you read any other threads, RooseveltRumpRanger? Didn't think so.

Did you watch the game? Do you know how PT performed, or anyone else in the first half before AD busted out? Didn't think so.

Do I give a crap about this lame attempt at sh** talking? Nope. You see we don't have to speculate, the game will be played in October. And your crappy *** team will be in Norman soon enough as well. Until then, crawl back in your hole.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2006, 10:15 AM
UAB has thirty Seniors on their team. We have what? Three. We'll be fine.

stoopified
9/3/2006, 10:40 AM
This thread makes my head hurt.

Spray
9/3/2006, 11:22 AM
I disagreed with that claim and I backed up my position with evidence.

Since when is citing the opinion of a website considered "evidence"?

tbl
9/3/2006, 11:25 AM

Baylor is playing TCU for their opener, so I think this one point can be refuted... Give it up for the Bears!

tbl
9/3/2006, 11:31 AM

It seems to me that the majority of the people here have openly acknowledged that we had a bad game. That is obvious.

I think we've also stated that UAB was "better than we thought they would be", but by no means said they were a great team. They can win the CUSA, but that isn't saying they're a great team.

If you guys win on October 7, then come back and talk all the smack you like. Until then, shut your dirty piehole, you piece of whorn trash. :D

FlatheadSooner
9/3/2006, 11:35 AM

I continue to be happy with the O playcalling and adjustments by Wilson.

I also thought ENA fulfilled his role and expectations yesterday - and maybe exceeded expectations. There were several receivers mistakes that the media lumped on to Paul's performance.

RooseveltRoughRider
9/3/2006, 12:41 PM
HAHAHA! YOUR COACH DOESN'T START THE BEST RUNNING BACK!

My Coach has lost one game since December 31, 2003. So say what you will. My coach does not barely beat mediocre teams, and lose to ranked teams on a regular basis either. Something happened in your program...cant say who or what...but something is definently wrong...look at what has happened in the last few years...

All jabs aside...

the problem with the Sooners is they lack the desire and toughness that teams of the past had. There is no inspired play, which is why thwey cannot play a complete game. They usually compete for a little while, then get in hot water, then AD has to bail them out. Without Ad last night OU loses and you know it. Same for the Holiday Bowl last year.

I dont know if it's coaching or what...but the bottom line is...the Sooners are softer than I have ever seen them in my LIFE. Even when they sucked in the 90's. They would still play tough. I dont see any physical play or anything anymore. I am used to seeing OU physically manhandle people and that is gone...dont know where it went. But being overly optimistic everygame and not realizing the REAL problem is silly...

The Sooners are not controlling games anymore like they used to. I dont know if the Offensive or Defensive guy is to blame. Maybe Stoops, who knows. But since that USC loss, the Sooners have only really dominated in 2 games. K-State and Okie State....look at the rest. It's very troubling and very un-Soonerlike.

Since that MNC Loss the Sooners have lost to...

UCLA
TEXAS
TEXAS TECH
TCU

And the following have come within a touchdown or less of losing to...

BAYLOR
TEXAS A&M
UAB
NEBRASKA
OREGON

Even ol' Tulsa came within two TD's.

Thats nine game you either barely won or lost since that USC game. You have only played 13!! So, you are either being unrealistic about your expectations or there is something very very wrong in Norman.

mdklatt
9/3/2006, 01:55 PM

Why are you here? Don't you have a victory to savor?

:rolleyes:

Statalyzer
9/3/2006, 02:07 PM
Since when is citing the opinion of a website considered "evidence"?

I was replying to someone saying "UAB is as highly touted as TCU last year."

Most high touting is done by the media. That would be sports announcers and sportswriters. So I showed several places where UAB was not highly touted.

Why are you here? Don't you have a victory to savor?

That's a silly thing to say. Horns will always post at soonerfans, Sooners will always post at Hornfans. And on both sites, people will continue to say "Why aren't you only on your own board?" as if it's a sin to discuss football with fans of another team.

Jello Biafra
9/3/2006, 02:18 PM
I was replying to someone saying "UAB is as highly touted as TCU last year."

Most high touting is done by the media. That would be sports announcers and sportswriters. So I showed several places where UAB was not highly touted.

touting, titing, titlating whatever.......git yer redneck azz off of our board.

please continue.....

ps. UAB would have beaten north texas by 30 yesterday.

pss. colt looks deliciously predictable.......i look for about 5 to 7 sacks from our defense in october.

Statalyzer
9/3/2006, 02:20 PM
UAB would have beaten north texas by 30 yesterday.

Probably so.

Ash
9/3/2006, 02:25 PM
pss. colt looks deliciously predictable.......i look for about 5 to 7 sacks from our defense in october.

He threw into coverage multiple times including one that bounced off a unt linebacker's chest. I'm looking forward to that kind of performance come October.

Readyfor8
9/3/2006, 02:37 PM
He threw into coverage multiple times including one that bounced off a unt linebacker's chest. I'm looking forward to that kind of performance come October.

I was thinking the same thing, he looks like a young Chris Simms, or an old Chris Simms for that matter. We all know what happens to Chris Simms in the Cotton Bowl...

Ash
9/3/2006, 02:39 PM
I was thinking the same thing, he looks like a young Chris Simms, or an old Chris Simms for that matter. We all know what happens to Chris Simms in the Cotton Bowl...

:mack: "I'll answer that one for Colt..."

:D

Jello Biafra
9/3/2006, 02:43 PM

well he typically spent most of his time showing his "cotton" thong....:D

leavingthezoo
9/3/2006, 05:18 PM
FACT #9: disputing fact number 7- joe don honestly didn't make any key catches, or throw a touchdown creating block or anything. honest. and pt didn't make any touchdown passes. honest. ad however was amazing how he blocked for himself, passed to himself, and everything. he probably healed a cripple too.

god, you idiot, it's joe john. are you even a fan? poser.

you people disappoint me for not rippin' me a new one for that.

AzianSooner
9/3/2006, 05:27 PM
From what I see:

- DE being pushed around
- Defensive back / corner were burned at least 2 times
- Can't tackle, Linebackers are not as good as Calmus, Leaman..
- can't stop the run.

- PT threw behide/ahead of WR.
- WR were not familiar with the speed of PT threw at them (too strong)
- PT still has not threw down field on the long run to keep their Safety be true.

Good:
- No Sack
- Tightend hot
- AD is a deadly weapon
- Did give AD some options to run not just straight up boring to the pile of people.

olevetonahill
9/3/2006, 05:38 PM

I was gonna but I like your avvie ;)

usmc-sooner
9/3/2006, 06:11 PM
My Coach has lost one game since December 31, 2003. So say what you will. My coach does not barely beat mediocre teams, and lose to ranked teams on a regular basis either. Something happened in your program...cant say who or what...but something is definently wrong...look at what has happened in the last few years...

All jabs aside...

the problem with the Sooners is they lack the desire and toughness that teams of the past had. There is no inspired play, which is why thwey cannot play a complete game. They usually compete for a little while, then get in hot water, then AD has to bail them out. Without Ad last night OU loses and you know it. Same for the Holiday Bowl last year.

I dont know if it's coaching or what...but the bottom line is...the Sooners are softer than I have ever seen them in my LIFE. Even when they sucked in the 90's. They would still play tough. I dont see any physical play or anything anymore. I am used to seeing OU physically manhandle people and that is gone...dont know where it went. But being overly optimistic everygame and not realizing the REAL problem is silly...

The Sooners are not controlling games anymore like they used to. I dont know if the Offensive or Defensive guy is to blame. Maybe Stoops, who knows. But since that USC loss, the Sooners have only really dominated in 2 games. K-State and Okie State....look at the rest. It's very troubling and very un-Soonerlike.

UCLA
TEXAS
TEXAS TECH
TCU

BAYLOR
TEXAS A&M
UAB
NEBRASKA
OREGON

Thats nine game you either barely won or lost since that USC game. You have only played 13!! So, you are either being unrealistic about your expectations or there is something very very wrong in Norman.

in the 35 years it took your team to win 1 NC we have won 4. Bob Stoops did in 2 years what the entire texas program couldn't do for nearly a third of century and you want to come here and correct our problems. Thanks for the laughs.

don't kid yourself OU is the standard by which UT tries to live up to.

Big Red Ron
9/3/2006, 06:33 PM
horns are funny.

Readyfor8
9/3/2006, 06:40 PM
Everyone has to rebuild, even Texas. It just so happens it takes Texas 3 Decades to rebuild...

Silly Whorns... Championships are for Oklahoma...

RooseveltRoughRider
9/3/2006, 07:12 PM
in the 35 years it took your team to win 1 NC we have won 4. Bob Stoops did in 2 years what the entire texas program couldn't do for nearly a third of century and you want to come here and correct our problems. Thanks for the laughs.

don't kid yourself OU is the standard by which UT tries to live up to.

Stop living in the past.....

Hell, since Colt McCoy has been ALIVE UT & OU alike have have only won ONE National championship. Yes, in the last 20 years you have the same as Texas.

And dog MAck Brown all you want to, but since he has been at UT they have won more than Oklahoma. Who cares how quick Stoops won a Championship. You all are really letting him slide off of accomplishments from 6 years ago.

Either your recruiting has had a serious dropoff, or you have some coaching issues. I know most of yo think Bob is GOD, but come on...what does he have to do? Lose EVERY game for anyone to believe that there is a slight chance he has lost his touch? I mean mack has won 25 of his last 26 and you all think he SUCKS. What is the deal with Stoops? I believe you all view Stoops among coaches kinda like the media views Notre Dame against other teams.

Readyfor8
9/3/2006, 07:40 PM
Stop living in the past.....

Hell, since Colt McCoy has been ALIVE UT & OU alike have have only won ONE National championship. Yes, in the last 20 years you have the same as Texas.

And dog MAck Brown all you want to, but since he has been at UT they have won more than Oklahoma. Who cares how quick Stoops won a Championship. You all are really letting him slide off of accomplishments from 6 years ago.

Either your recruiting has had a serious dropoff, or you have some coaching issues. I know most of yo think Bob is GOD, but come on...what does he have to do? Lose EVERY game for anyone to believe that there is a slight chance he has lost his touch? I mean mack has won 25 of his last 26 and you all think he SUCKS. What is the deal with Stoops? I believe you all view Stoops among coaches kinda like the media views Notre Dame against other teams.

LOL why dont you take those pre 86 championships off your stadium then. Bob Stoops is still 5-2 vs Mack Yellowteeth Brown. 84-19 is Macks Record (Just at Texas you don't want to see AllTime) 76-16 is Bob Stoops. Bob has played in 3 National Championship games Mack has played in 1, Bob has 3 BigXII Titles, Mack has 1 (Gary Pinkel had 1 too.)

Dont go comparing old yellow teeth to Bob, he didn't prove anything last year and this year isn't over yet. This team is fine you should be more worried about Ohio State.

mdklatt
9/3/2006, 07:59 PM

That avatar is just too darn cute to neg you.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/3/2006, 08:00 PM
I notice the only whorns posting here are the ones that suddenly discovered this board around last October. Why reply to such gutless turds.

As for our performance, I think I agree with one of the gutless turds. Where is the killer instinct? I will say that when we had to, the defense shut them down in the 4th quarter. But overall I'm shaking my head at the defensive play. I like PT. He just needs to develop the timing with his receivers and have his receivers quit dropping the damn ball.

Collier11
9/3/2006, 08:21 PM
My coach does not barely beat mediocre teams, and lose to ranked teams on a regular basis either. Something happened in your program...cant say who or what...but something is definently wrong...look at what has happened in the last few years...

Actually **** for brains, I guess you are quite correct unless you look at the facts, that being that bobby stoops is 47-9 in conf, 22-7 vs top 25 teams, 10-4 against top 10 teams, and his teams have played for 3 national titles, so what now??

Big Red Ron
9/3/2006, 08:26 PM
I'm only 34 and have seen four National Championships at OU.

Readyfor8
9/3/2006, 08:41 PM
I'm only 25 and I have seen 2 national championships. Thats double what Texas won.

FaninAma
9/3/2006, 11:20 PM

UAB could beat North Texas by 3 to 4 touchdowns.

If you think the score of OU's and UT's 1st game gives you any insight into how the RRS plays out then you're not a very observant fan of the rivalry.

BTW, don't you need to go back to hornfans so you can continue your normal discussion of how stupid and dishonest all of us Okies are?

RooseveltRoughRider
9/3/2006, 11:25 PM
Actually **** for brains, I guess you are quite correct unless you look at the facts, that being that bobby stoops is 47-9 in conf, 22-7 vs top 25 teams, 10-4 against top 10 teams, and his teams have played for 3 national titles, so what now??

Ignore the facts if you will. No one is saying Stoops is not a good coach etc etc...

Im justr saying..tossing up his past accomplishments is one thing. All I am saying is he seems to have lost his touch LATELY in big games, and it's like everyone has a legitimate shot at beating these Sooners of the last 2 years. You know...the ones that send you into cardiac arrest every week because they barely win. All Im sayin is he needs to light a fire under his guys..the killer Sooner instinct is NOT THERe and you know it. Maybe in a plaer or two, but not as a team.

47straight
9/3/2006, 11:28 PM
My Coach has lost one game since December 31, 2003. So say what you will.

HAHAHA! YOU FORGET WHAT HAPPENS WITH YOUR COACH AND QB CONTROVERSIES! HAHAHA!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/3/2006, 11:34 PM
Have another doobie, Ramonce!

No, no, no... It's V-I-N-C-E. And worth 5 points on your test, young man.

No, Mr. Brown. 4 out of 5 dentists say losing five straight to your betters in Norman will NOT make your teeth look like you brush with poop.

Bah.

RooseveltRoughRider
9/4/2006, 01:58 AM
AMazing, you talk about the Longhorns sooooo bad, but your team lost as many games in the first half of last season as they did in the last 4 seasons combined...If Mack sucks, vince is stupid..then why did they kick your *** so bad last year? Why are you barely beating mid majors and losing to 2nd tier teams? Why did OU start #5 for the 2nd year in a row when they are clearly "teens" type team. And a Lower 20's type team without AD?

FaninAma
9/4/2006, 02:38 AM
AMazing, you talk about the Longhorns sooooo bad, but your team lost as many games in the first half of last season as they did in the last 4 seasons combined...If Mack sucks, vince is stupid..then why did they kick your *** so bad last year? Why are you barely beating mid majors and losing to 2nd tier teams? Why did OU start #5 for the 2nd year in a row when they are clearly "teens" type team. And a Lower 20's type team without AD?

Amazing that you're so dense that you don't understand that this is a Sooner football forum and most of the posters don't like horn fans in general and you in particular. Why do you use bogus statistics to bolster your faulty assumptions that OU, based on the first 5 games of last year is going to be a bad team for the foreseeable future? OU, while playing a much more difficult schedule, last year lost 1 more game than UT did in 2003 so why is that relevant to anything this year? Why was UT barely beating mediocre teams like Kansas, Michigan and Arkansas only thanks to bad calls, bone headed fumbles by the Hawg QB and heroic game saving plays by Vince Young ? Why did UT start # 3 this year when they are clearly a "teens" type team and a lower 20's team without VY?

Readyfor8
9/4/2006, 02:41 AM

Because we were rebuilding last year? Because every team has to rebuild, even you shorthorn. We didn't lose to a team that had less than 9 wins last year how is that "Teir2?"

As to why for the 2nd year in a row we start out at #5 or #10 or whatever, I guess its because PRESEASON POLLS MEAN NOTHING want proof, just look at Texas in 2001, 2002, 2003 etc. You won last year because we were rebuilding thats all, you didn't get better we just had something called a graduating class.

noobalicious
9/4/2006, 02:48 AM

I really don't think that the Sooners situation is as bad as some are making it out to be, especially the Texas fans. If you look to the recent national champions, the one that we would probably compare best to is the 2002 Ohio State team rather than the really flashy USC teams of late, or even Texas last year. Look at the Ohio State results...they snuck by Cincinnatti 23-19 (oh wow, look, they didn't blow out a mid major). In that game the Cincinnatti QB went 26-52 for 324 yards and a TD, and Ohio State was known for their defense. Not too bad. Northwestern then played them pretty close 27-16 two weeks later. Wisconsin took them to a 19-14 game. Penn State 13-7. Purdue 10-6. Illinois 23-16. Michigan 14-9. The point? 4 unranked teams played the Buckeyes to single digit spreads and several of them were teams that Ohio State was probably expected to blow out (Cincy, Illinois). Count in Northwestern for an 11 point spread and thats almost half their schedule. You can grind it out and it might look ugly but if you keep getting W's like Ohio State did, then you can get to the promised land. Much like in the Cincy game for OSU where Cincy took a lead into the 4th quarter, UAB was leading OU for part of the 3rd, and had many chances to strike back and tie.

To be fair to the Texas fan, I'll concede that you guys had a great team last year. But you're on a Sooner board, don't you expect a little trash talking? ;)

As far as the rankings, that's why they play the games! It certainly wasn't our best effort but the bottom line is that we won.

And to give some support to those who have been saying UAB has played good teams close in the past:
2005 - Tennessee (loss by 7 points, TEN was ranked #3 at the time, game was in TEN).
2005 - UTEP (win by 12 points, UTEP was ranked #24 at the time, game was in El Paso)
2003 - TCU (loss by 3 points, TCU was ranked #19 at the time, game was in TCU)
2003 - Georgia (loss by 3 points, Georgia was ranked #11 at the time, game was in Georgia)
2002 - Pittsburg (loss by 6 points, Pitt was ranked #23 at the time, game was at UAB).

So one thing that stood out to me is that they play good teams well on the road, which is exactly what happened on Saturday. Things should get noticably better if we are indeed...top 10 material, which IMO we definately are. Boomer Sooner!

TheGodfather889
9/4/2006, 02:56 AM
I think OU's issues the last couple of years are with the players. I think these guys are very talented. But, with the exception of Adrian Peterson, I think they seem to be the primadonna types. They don't have the fire,toughness and intensity to just go out,dominate and control the games right now. I think alot of these kids are reading so much into their press clippings about being high rated recruits that they feel like they're on top of the world. The truth is they haven't done anything. Bob needs to get them to realize they haven't won anything. They have to get back the attitude they had from 2000-2004.

Readyfor8
9/4/2006, 03:07 AM
I think OU's issues the last couple of years are with the players. I think these guys are very talented. But, with the exception of Adrian Peterson, I think they seem to be the primadonna types. They don't have the fire,toughness and intensity to just go out,dominate and control the games right now. I think alot of these kids are reading so much into their press clippings about being high rated recruits that they feel like they're on top of the world. The truth is they haven't done anything. Bob needs to get them to realize they haven't won anything. They have to get back the attitude they had from 2000-2004.

I can't think of one player on the team now that does that. They get amped up and pose and stuff after a big play but they tend to be very good people. Some of the best players attitude wise I have ever seen were on last years team in JD Runnels and Paul Thompson.

One thing I saw out of the offense yesterday is they just don't quit. Kevin didn't pull AD late in the game when we were up by 7, at a time when I would have expected Chuck to do that. The Wideouts are showing awareness of the sidelines like Strong did yesterday, and I would like to see wideouts layout for the football like they used to but they were still good. The young guys came out and showed heart and although some of them made some mistakes I don't see anything but first game jitters and nooby mistakes.

These guys are fine and every bit as good as saxeT. We are fine, if we don't win 10 games this season I will eat my hat (everything but the bill and btw I have made this bet before and never lost ;).) You can hold me to that if you like.

BASSooner
9/4/2006, 03:44 AM
Alright, I just looked at some posts on this thread, not all of them and I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, but if not then good. If some of you whorns are thinking that yall's opponent was better than OUrs....please...I beg you....think again....or beat yourself smart.

RooseveltRoughRider
9/4/2006, 10:38 AM
Alright, I just looked at some posts on this thread, not all of them and I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, but if not then good. If some of you whorns are thinking that yall's opponent was better than OUrs....please...I beg you....think again....or beat yourself smart.

There is no doubt UAB is better than North Texas. All I am saying (in between hurling and deflecting team insults), is that the SOONER TEAM does not have the fire and drive that I am used to seeing. And I am asking why people think that is.
Anyone who disagrees that they dont have any fire is very delusional. And your right this IS a Sooner board, so lets talk about them and not Texas. Every time I make a comment about SOONER FOOTBALL people wanna drag Texas into it.

I am talking about WHY HAVE THE SOONERS LOST THEIR FIRE, but some of you seem to think they have not.:pop:

47straight
9/4/2006, 11:12 AM

HAHAHA! YOU CALL AN OU TEAM #5 TO OVERHYPE US WHEN IT IS CONVENIENT FOR YOU! IF WE WERE BRAGGING ON OU YOU WOULD SAY WE WERE REALLY #10!

47straight
9/4/2006, 11:14 AM
the SOONER TEAM does not have the fire and drive that I am used to seeing. And I am asking why people think that is.

HAHAHA! BUT THAT IS THE FIRE AND DRIVE YOU ARE USED TO SEEING IN AUSTIN!

MiccoMacey
9/4/2006, 11:44 AM
Anyone who disagrees that they dont have any fire is very delusional...I am talking about WHY HAVE THE SOONERS LOST THEIR FIRE, but some of you seem to think they have not.:pop:

Our coaches said that our fire and effort was "off the charts". They were very pleased with that...why would I argue? And that's backed up by the comments from almost every single person who actually watched the game...our defense was guilty of over pursuing. That's typically done by teams trying to hard. How can you over pursue if you're not trying because you have no fire?

As for the statistics you use, those are all from last year. What's your point? That we had a bad year last year? I don't know of anyone who'll disagree with you. But to try and extrapolate that into something beyond last year is pretty stupid. There's no evidence whatsoever that we're on a downhill slide. See me after the Texas game, and if we're 2-3 or not looking fired up I'll change my story.

See, I managed to do that without any derogatory comments about how bad your Longhorn suck. :D

TheGodfather889
9/4/2006, 11:53 AM
It does make me wonder why we can't go out, control, and dominate these teams anymore. The last couple of years they have been the cardiac Sooners against some mediocre teams except for Oregon they were a very good team. There is something missing. Maybe it's Brent Venables,I really don't know. I just start wondering if it's attitude. The 2000 team would run through a wall for a victory. They were sick of losing. I think these guys are just as talented if not more talented those guys especially on defense. Why aren't they executing and controlling teams anymore. I'm tired of it. I want to be Oklahoma again.

MiccoMacey
9/4/2006, 01:54 PM
The 2000 team would run through a wall for a victory. They were sick of losing. I think these guys are just as talented if not more talented those guys especially on defense. Why aren't they executing and controlling teams anymore. I'm tired of it. I want to be Oklahoma again.

The 2000 team started out against UTEP, Arkansas State, and Rice before playing anyone close to UAB (Kansas???). Heck, we gave up 14 points to UTEP. UTEP!!! Then we played Texas and we started to gel.

Let's give these guys a game or two to get settled before we call them failures.

Ash
9/4/2006, 04:13 PM
There is no doubt UAB is better than North Texas. All I am saying (in between hurling and deflecting team insults), is that the SOONER TEAM does not have the fire and drive that I am used to seeing. And I am asking why people think that is.
Anyone who disagrees that they dont have any fire is very delusional. And your right this IS a Sooner board, so lets talk about them and not Texas. Every time I make a comment about SOONER FOOTBALL people wanna drag Texas into it.

I am talking about WHY HAVE THE SOONERS LOST THEIR FIRE, but some of you seem to think they have not.:pop:

Nice try, rumpwrangler, you came on here to start sh** and talk crap about the Sooners. Keep on backpeddlin' your pansy arse right back into that stinkhole you call a capital.

Pepper
9/4/2006, 06:34 PM
They usually compete for a little while, then get in hot water, then AD has to bail them out. Without Ad last night OU loses and you know it. Same for the Holiday Bowl last year.

That's funny, if you change in the above paragraph, "AD" to "Vince Young", "OU" to "Texas," and "Holiday Bowl" to "Rose Bowl," you have a perfectly accurate description of Texas's 2005 season. I sure remember Oklahoma State giving you all sorts of problems until Vince bailed the team out.

Snrfn4ever08
9/4/2006, 06:38 PM

i think it's funny you think that sportwriters provide this "evidence"

RooseveltRoughRider
9/4/2006, 06:58 PM
That's funny, if you change in the above paragraph, "AD" to "Vince Young", "OU" to "Texas," and "Holiday Bowl" to "Rose Bowl," you have a perfectly accurate description of Texas's 2005 season. I sure remember Oklahoma State giving you all sorts of problems until Vince bailed the team out.

No disagreement there, but VY is in the NFL now. We arent talking about him or the Longhorns.

crimson&cream
9/4/2006, 08:34 PM

All jabs aside...

UCLA
TEXAS
TEXAS TECH
TCU

BAYLOR
TEXAS A&M
UAB
NEBRASKA
OREGON

Is this coach your talking about the same one you all wanted fired a couple of yrs ago and had nothing good to say about him- Alzheimers at work here I guess, but just what you'd expect out of Longwhoren's.

Pepper
9/4/2006, 09:12 PM

The Sooners have not lost their fire. This is merely a matter of perception coming off of a "down" year. Losing 11 starters to the NFL, and the disappearance of the 2003 recruiting class is what set us back last year. But the reality is that we are now seen and portrayed on ESPN as vulnerable, which fires up our opponents more. We would struggle in games from 2001 to 2004 (OSU, Missouri, A&M, K-State, etc.) the same as we do now, whenever we faced a team that wasn't afraid of us. Back then teams would come in to Norman shaking at what we were going to do to them. When you saw us score 49 points in one half, that was as much the other team being afraid and making mistakes as it was good execution on OU's part. Position by position, we compare favorably to the 2001 and 2002 teams. If OU minimizes turnovers and penalties, you will see that the fire is indeed back.

Stoop Dawg
9/4/2006, 10:20 PM

Don't be a homer. They are a mid-major and we're ranked in the top 10. There's no way that should be a one score game. We stank.

Well, depends on who was doing the expecting, I suppose. All I wanted from him was to avoid turn-overs. Mission not accomplished. Let's hope it gets better. Rhett had that problem all last year and it hurt bad. Hopefully PT remedies the problem early.

Fact: We only gave the ball to our Heisman hopeful 9 times in the first half. Unacceptable. I'm very glad KW pulled his head out in the second half (or perhaps Bob pulled it out for him?). Hopefully KW will continue to call plays that cater to the strengths of this team.

Stoop Dawg
9/4/2006, 10:22 PM
If OU minimizes turnovers and penalties, you will see that the fire is indeed back.

Word. Turn-overs have absolutely killed us last year and last weekend. Without the 3 turnovers, we're all talking about how we're gonna win the NC this year.

Unfortunately, you can't "what if' the turnovers away.

MiccoMacey
9/5/2006, 12:17 AM
Stoop Dawg,

I agree that all I wanted was for PT not to turn the ball over, but the more realistic measure would be that he didn't foolishly turn the ball over.

He made great reads, and didn't force anything. His turnovers were due to timing on the first int, and a lack of fortitude by our receiver on the second.

Yes, the balls weren't thrown perfectly, but I honestly believe that his precision and timing will get better each game.

I'd be much more downhearted if he played poorly; he didn't. he just didn't throw as well as he needed to and that's more easily fixable.

Both are fixable.

Readyfor8
9/5/2006, 12:23 AM
Don't be a homer. They are a mid-major and we're ranked in the top 10. There's no way that should be a one score game. We stank.

Funny I thought it would be a one touchdown win, and guess what it was. Same would have been said for BGSU, or TCU, or Utah or Fresno St. some other middle of the pack up and commer. This is what MidMajors do, they scare the crap out of the Majors every once in a while.

Well, depends on who was doing the expecting, I suppose. All I wanted from him was to avoid turn-overs. Mission not accomplished. Let's hope it gets better. Rhett had that problem all last year and it hurt bad. Hopefully PT remedies the problem early.

He had 2 turnovers that both made contact with the Wideout before they were "intercepted" if you don't expect that to happen you have way to high an expectation. Especially if that QB is playing his first full Div1A College Game.

Fact: We only gave the ball to our Heisman hopeful 9 times in the first half. Unacceptable. I'm very glad KW pulled his head out in the second half (or perhaps Bob pulled it out for him?). Hopefully KW will continue to call plays that cater to the strengths of this team.

They were stacking 8-9 men in the box, they didn't want to run off center into 8 defenders. In the second half (which by the way is always better for AD) we ran around the ends instead of off center and it worked well. If you want them to get out of the box, you stretch them with the QB, and they did that.

It's people like you who expect too much that **** me off more than any other person on this board. You aren't happy with a win? Want to complain a little extra? Go to Stillwater they will lose plenty for you this season...

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 12:37 AM
If you cannot realize that we were three plays from a blowout then you are certainly a "glass is half empty" type.

You can see that there is something we were holding back offensively. Thompson only ran the QB draw once. Ad only got one screen pass thrown to him (69 yard TD).

Remember, it was only one play that was held back until the UT game in 05 and we killed them with "The fling play."

Were we mid season ready? No.

Is there a huge upside to this team? Clearly.

Octavian
9/5/2006, 12:43 AM
Were we mid season ready? No.

Is there a huge upside to this team? Clearly.

That's what I thought leaving the game.

We've obviously got to cut the turnovers down and make defensive adjustments.

But those problems can be addressed. Our coaching staff is solid...the talent is there.

What we can't fix is Paul Thompson being terrible....and he wasn't.

Statalyzer
9/5/2006, 12:44 AM
UAB could beat North Texas by 3 to 4 touchdowns.

Yes, if you had paid closer attention you would have noticed that I already agreed with that.

If you think the score of OU's and UT's 1st game gives you any insight into how the RRS plays out

I don't think that, nor did I say that.

i think it's funny you think that sportwriters provide this "evidence"

You don't listen very well. I already said this. Somebody said that UAB was as highly touted this year as TCU was last year. "Highly touted" probably refers to the media, not random fans on message boards. Therefore, I referenced the media to show that UAB was not highly touted.

t was an OU fan who first used sportswriters to provide evidence - saying UAB was good because sportswriters were "highly touting" them.

If you say "My friend Bob says UAB is a great team" then it is appropriate for me to reference a time where Bob said UAB wouldn't make a bowl game to prove you wrong. Since you were the one who brought Bob into it, it has nothing do with whether or not I think Bob knows anything about football.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 09:21 AM
Funny I thought it would be a one touchdown win, and guess what it was. Same would have been said for BGSU, or TCU, or Utah or Fresno St. some other middle of the pack up and commer. This is what MidMajors do, they scare the crap out of the Majors every once in a while.

Name another top 25 team that got a "scare" in their season opener from an unranked mid-major.

He had 2 turnovers that both made contact with the Wideout before they were "intercepted" if you don't expect that to happen you have way to high an expectation. Especially if that QB is playing his first full Div1A College Game.

Quit making excuses.

And I didn't say PT played poorly. I'm pretty happy with his play - except for the turnovers. I think he'll be pretty solid as the year goes on.

It's people like you who expect too much that **** me off more than any other person on this board. You aren't happy with a win? Want to complain a little extra? Go to Stillwater they will lose plenty for you this season...

The only reason I **** you off is because you fail to read and understand what I type. I didn't say I wasn't happy with a win. I didn't complain about anything other than turnovers. If expecting us to not turn the ball over 4 times in a game is too high of an expectation, then I guess I'm just a bad fan. :rolleyes:

BRR hit the nail on the head. Without all those turnovers - it's a blow out. Too bad for us, you can't take away the turnovers.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 09:22 AM
Stoop Dawg,

I agree that all I wanted was for PT not to turn the ball over, but the more realistic measure would be that he didn't foolishly turn the ball over.

He made great reads, and didn't force anything. His turnovers were due to timing on the first int, and a lack of fortitude by our receiver on the second.

Yes, the balls weren't thrown perfectly, but I honestly believe that his precision and timing will get better each game.

I'd be much more downhearted if he played poorly; he didn't. he just didn't throw as well as he needed to and that's more easily fixable.

Both are fixable.

Good points. I agree.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 09:23 AM
I don't think that, nor did I say that.

You don't listen very well.

It's a common problem around here.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 09:49 AM
1. I can't believe anybody is still blaming PT for the ints. The first hit Iglesias in the ****ing hands. Both hands. Was it over his head a little? Sure, but dang, a big-time wideout makes that catch every time. I'd have caught it. The second was a perfectly thrown ball that the receiver let the DB take away. The only really BAD pass was the overthrow that would have been 6.

2. Our defense played bullfighter. Ole'. Possibly the worse tackling I've ever seen. A lot of that is over pursuit. I'm not really worried much about them because I know the talent is there. I would be willing to bet large sums of $$ that we won't see all the whiffs next Saturday.

3. Saying "9 carries by AD in the first half is not acceptable" is like saying "I'm a ****ing idiot who doesn't understand the game." The pass was there, the run was not. So, let's just bash AD into a 8-9 man front just because? Whatever. I kinda remember half of Norman cussing Chuck Long for doing that - and now Wilson's an idiot because he didn't? Give me a break.

4. I must agree with the filthy whorn that our team hasn't shown the fire as in past years. Especially our wideouts. Our wideouts must have the mentality that every ball is theirs. If they can touch it, they can catch it. PT is not going to throw perfect balls every time. And even when he did, they still dropped them. Our defensive intensity must improve as well. We haven't been causing turnovers the past two years like we used to. We have to start blowing **** up.

I feel pretty good about this team right now. Everything that's wrong is correctable. We have what it takes to beat every team on our schedule. We just haven't been displaying it. Our world-class, over-hyped, 4-deep stable of 5-star wide receivers had better step up. Bigtime.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 10:14 AM
Saying "9 carries by AD in the first half is not acceptable" is like saying "I'm a ****ing idiot who doesn't understand the game." The pass was there, the run was not. So, let's just bash AD into a 8-9 man front just because? Whatever. I kinda remember half of Norman cussing Chuck Long for doing that - and now Wilson's an idiot because he didn't? Give me a break.

So instead of giving the ball to the guy who was a Heisman runner-up his freshman year and is about to break the all-time rushing record at OU (no small feat) - you want to let the guy who practiced at wide receiver for the last year and a half toss it all over the field?

I can see that yours is a much better plan. Which is why we stuck to it in the second half.

Oh, now your going to tell me UAB forgot about Peterson in the second half, right? Now your going to tell me that he got the ball 11 straight times and UAB had no idea what was going on. Be sure you say it with your "I'm always right and you're an idiot" attittude - because that makes you right and everyone else wrong, big guy.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 10:25 AM

I was getting ready, but you fixed it...

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 10:32 AM
So instead of giving the ball to the guy who was a Heisman runner-up his freshman year and is about to break the all-time rushing record at OU (no small feat) - you want to let the guy who practiced at wide receiver for the last year and a half toss it all over the field?

I can see that yours is a much better plan. Which is why we stuck to it in the second half.

Oh, now your going to tell me UAB forgot about Peterson in the second half, right? Now your going to tell me that he got the ball 11 straight times and UAB had no idea what was going on. Be sure you say it with your "I'm always right and you're an idiot" attittude - because that makes you right and everyone else wrong, big guy.

"attittude" only has one t.

So, what you're saying is that you liked Chuck Long's playcalling last year? You're saying we should have just ran AD every down in the first half? You're saying that UAB didn't adjust their defense at the half, and Wilson took advantage of it very quickly in the second half?

UAB backed some people up. OU took advantage of it. And the swing pass call to Peterson was greatness. Why? Cause they were expecting the run AGAIN, and PT had kept this honest by completing some passes, which left AD wide open in the flat. We could have scored 2-3 more times on that play.

And not everyone else is wrong. Just you.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 11:03 AM
2 Things.... First of all...I think the first half was most mental for Kevin Wilson. I believe Kevin Wilson HAD to get PT over his nerves and had to force him to forget last year's first quarter. He did exactly that by putting him in excellent opportunities. He knew he was comfortable with Finley, so what does he do, he gets Finley in some nice routes and they hit him and bam you could tell Paul was calm after that. He made some bad throws, but so did Brady Quinn and I am sure even John Elway has had some bad throws in his career. For a guy with only a month of throwing under his belt, I will take this performance any time. He is going to learn touch, he is going to learn how to lead his recievers better, and I honestly believe that Wilson is going to utilize his athleticism unlike Chuck would have done. Kevin Wilson doesn't have to worry about AD's psyche, so pound him up the middle in the first half, watch and see how the LB's react and adjust in the second half. I would bet the LB's were staying in the box and not getting outside of the tackles...and AD vs. DB's and S's equals TD's later.

The second thing. Did anyone watch the Miami/Florida St. game? I honestly know that AD is fast but there was at least 7 times where one of the teams got the running back the ball and I was like good bye and they got stopped after like 2 yards. It just seems like AD goes from 0-90 in like 2 seconds.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 11:05 AM
"attittude" only has one t.

Typo smack is uber weak-sauce.

So, what you're saying is that you liked Chuck Long's playcalling last year?

Yes.

You're saying we should have just ran AD every down in the first half?

No.

(and it's "should have run" not "should have ran", grammar boy)

You're saying that UAB didn't adjust their defense at the half, and Wilson took advantage of it very quickly in the second half?

No, not what I'm saying.

And not everyone else is wrong. Just you.

Well, and David Earl.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 11:13 AM
So, what you're saying is that you liked Chuck Long's playcalling last year?

Yes.

Seriously!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 11:17 AM
Here is the first series if Chuck Long is offensive coordinator.

1st and 10 AD runs between guard and center. AD breaks 10 tackles gains 1 yard.
2nd and 9 AD run in between guard and tackle. AD break 4 tackles loses 1 yard
3rd and 10 Either UAB blitzes forces quick throw for 3 yards or UAB drops into zone, Inexpierenced misreads zone throws pick or forces dump pass for 3 or 4 yards.
4th and 6 We get to see how good our punter is REALLY fast.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 11:19 AM
Chuck Long was far from perfect.

And so is Kevin Wilson.

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 11:22 AM
Chuck Long was far from perfect.

And so is Kevin Wilson.I think one could easily argue that Wilson has done more as an offensive coordinator than Long did.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 11:23 AM
Well at least I didn't guess what Kevin Wilson was going to do before the snap at 90+% clip

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 11:26 AM
I think one could easily argue that Wilson has done more as an offensive coordinator than Long did.

Well, he hasn't lost a game yet. He's certainly got that going for him. Let's hope it continues for quite some time.

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 11:34 AM
Well, he hasn't lost a game yet. He's certainly got that going for him. Let's hope it continues for quite some time.I'm talking about his time as OC at Northwestern where he had record breaking offenses and kicked some major tail in the Big 10 with inferior talent.

Chuck was handed a Ferrari and did pretty good.

Big difference, IMHO.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 01:02 PM
Well, Kevin's been handed possibly the best RB in the country and probably the best in OU history. Hopefully he kicks some major tail with it this year.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 02:12 PM
Well, Kevin's been handed possibly the best RB in the country and probably the best in OU history. Hopefully he kicks some major tail with it this year.

Good answer.

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 02:40 PM
Well, Kevin's been handed possibly the best RB in the country and probably the best in OU history. Hopefully he kicks some major tail with it this year.Well, AD got over 200 yards of offense and scored two TD's. Looks like this Wilson guy might just know what he's doing.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 02:41 PM
and not to mention he already has a season high in receiving yards after one game...less predictable...just maybe!

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 02:42 PM
and not to mention he already has a season high in receiving yards after one game...less predictable...just maybe!Good answer! ;)

:pop:

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 02:45 PM
Not to mention did Finley just get good over the holiday leading up to the Holiday Bowl and then improved so monumentally during the summer that he went from not getting on the field to being Paul's number 1 option? No that isn't what happened...Chuck just never used him!

Big Red Ron
9/5/2006, 02:49 PM
Not to mention did Finley just get good over the holiday leading up to the Holiday Bowl and then improved so monumentally during the summer that he went from not getting on the field to being Paul's number 1 option? No that isn't what happened...Chuck just never used him!That's just crazy talk! Everyone knows that Chuckalmighty is the greatest play caller in Oklahoma history ('cept the King).

:D

MamaMia
9/5/2006, 02:49 PM
We won but went down in the polls, so something isn't right.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 02:52 PM
We beat Oregon and Texas, we are top 5..no worries ;)

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 02:52 PM
Well, AD got over 200 yards of offense and scored two TD's. Looks like this Wilson guy might just know what he's doing.

Well, a conspiracy theorist could say "Well, AD got over 200 yards of offense and scored two TD's in the second half. Looks like this Wilson guy might have gotten a talking to at halftime."

But that would be pure conjecture, so I won't go there. It's clear that some people still have some deep hatred of Chuck Long. I want to make it clear that I have no such hatred of KW. I think a few more running plays in the first half would have been nice, but I'm no offensive coordinater either. We won the game and I'm pretty happy about that. Here's hoping for more of the same!

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 02:53 PM
Well, a conspiracy theorist could say "Well, AD got over 200 yards of offense and scored two TD's in the second half. Looks like this Wilson guy might have gotten a talking to at halftime."

But that would be pure conjecture, so I won't go there. It's clear that some people still have some deep hatred of Chuck Long. I want to make it clear that I have no such hatred of KW. I think a few more running plays in the first half would have been nice, but I'm no offensive coordinater either. We won the game and I'm pretty happy about that. Here's hoping for more of the same!

Really good answer.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/5/2006, 02:56 PM
I don't hate Chuck Long at all, I just dont' think he was meant to coach players up. He is fine when he has Jason White's and players that can take vanilla and turn it into gold...but not so good when he has to cover up weaknesses such as last year with receivers and qb.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 02:57 PM
Really good answer.

Stop complimenting me, you're freakin' me out.

;)

leavingthezoo
9/5/2006, 03:05 PM
I was getting ready, but you fixed it...

well, not really. i still called him joe john instead of joe jon. man, i should just jump off the freakin' bandwagon before i let it slip it makes no sense to call adrian peterson AD. :D

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 03:07 PM
well, not really. i still called him joe john instead of joe jon. man, i should just jump off the freakin' bandwagon before i let it slip it makes no since to call adrian peterson AD. :D

Dude, you're a chick. It's OK.

leavingthezoo
9/5/2006, 03:11 PM
Dude, you're a chick. It's OK.

it's true. i'm just here for the tight ends. :O

Readyfor8
9/5/2006, 04:07 PM
Name another top 25 team that got a "scare" in their season opener from an unranked mid-major.

Arizona St.(24) through 3 quarters was in a scare with Northern Arizona.

Notre Dame(2) won by 4 vs. an Unranked Team

TCU (22) was in a scare by Baylor.

Last Year...

Tenessee had a scare against guess who UAB

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 04:46 PM
Arizona St.(24) through 3 quarters was in a scare with Northern Arizona.

Notre Dame(2) won by 4 vs. an Unranked Team

TCU (22) was in a scare by Baylor.

Last Year...

Tenessee had a scare against guess who UAB

So, to answer my question: #24 Arizona State

Pepper
9/5/2006, 11:28 PM
Kevin Wilson did a pretty good job. I was so sick of Chuck Long calling run, run, pass, punt. Peterson got 24 carries and that is plenty. I don't care how good he is, we are a more efficient offense when we mix in the pass on 1st and 2nd downs. This was a tune up game. We needed to let PT get some experience so when we face a team that can dominate the line, we have a qb that can make plays with his arm.