PDA

View Full Version : Which team impressed you most today?

SOONER44EVER
9/2/2006, 11:48 PM
As bad as I hate to admit it I think it was Texas. Their new QB looked really good and their D was solid. Tennessee looked really good too.

goingoneight
9/2/2006, 11:51 PM
UAB.

Soonerus
9/2/2006, 11:51 PM
AD

StoopTroup
9/2/2006, 11:54 PM
Auburn looked solid.

tbl
9/2/2006, 11:56 PM
TN & TX both looked good (gag).

I was least impressed with ND.

Soonerus
9/2/2006, 11:57 PM
Stoop, how thw H did you get your post count so high, we used to be about tied.....

8timechamps
9/3/2006, 04:55 AM
I watched a helluva lot of football today, and the most impressive team was by far Tennessee. Cal was getting hyped as a possible national title contender...they'll be lucky to stay in the hunt for the PAC 10 title.

And, I hate to say it, but given that they lost so much talent, USC looked pretty damn good too.

I can't bring myself to say texas or nebraska looked good. So, I won't.

OUinFLA
9/3/2006, 07:08 AM
Stoop, how thw H did you get your post count so high, we used to be about tied.....

He's home on sick leave. half his posts are cause he's been stoned..... er, because he has stones.
:D

jrsooner
9/3/2006, 08:09 AM
As bad as I hate to admit it I think it was Texas. Their new QB looked really good and their D was solid. Tennessee looked really good too.I don't think any judgement can be passed on Texas yet. Any QB could have looked good against NT. I'm holding off all Texas judgement until after next week when they get Ohio State. That's when I think we can get a good accurate view of the team.

Now that being said: Tennessee and Arizona. TN played a great game and it was definately fun to see AZ win one over BYU.

r5TPsooner
9/3/2006, 09:04 AM
TN and UT looked very sharp for a 1st game today.

Oh how it pains me to say that about any team that wears orange.

JohnnyMack
9/3/2006, 09:27 AM
Saxet reminds me of us 4 and 5 years ago.

Tennessee played their asses off.

tOSU looked unstoppable for the first 4 possessions, then merely mortal. If they can find consistency, they won't lose.

Ruuuuuufus
9/3/2006, 09:28 AM
USC.

8.5 point favorites? Looked like Arkie kinda gave up though.

Cam
9/3/2006, 09:35 AM
tOSU looked unstoppable for the first 4 possessions, then merely mortal. If they can find consistency, they won't lose.
That was my impression of the day as well.

AlbqSooner
9/3/2006, 10:11 AM
Montana State. :D

Partial Qualifier
9/3/2006, 10:17 AM
I watched a helluva lot of football today, and the most impressive team was by far Tennessee. Cal was getting hyped as a possible national title contender...they'll be lucky to stay in the hunt for the PAC 10 title.

And, I hate to say it, but given that they lost so much talent, USC looked pretty damn good too.

I can't bring myself to say texas or nebraska looked good. So, I won't.

Ainge, Meachem, their D... they were way underrated to start the year.

I totally agree with your assessment there, but regarding Texas & Nebraska: anyone would look good against the level of competition they played. North Texas, LaTech.... they're both pretty bad.

Partial Qualifier
9/3/2006, 10:18 AM
Montana State. :D

Dude, losing to a 1-AA school in your opener.. not good.

AlbqSooner
9/3/2006, 10:37 AM
Dude, losing to a 1-AA school in your opener.. not good.
So we are clear here. I am a Sooner fan. The phrase, "your opener" is perhaps inaccurate. I love it that the puffaloes took it on the chin.

zeke
9/3/2006, 11:02 AM
USC, not much drop-off in the QB position, running game very good. But Ark is like playing a weak sister. (water head coaching staff)

UAB's QB is good!

I'm told Ohio State looked good ??? I didnt see them

Tenn is good.

tbl
9/3/2006, 11:23 AM
Good point on USC. Given how Nebbish played yesterday (although it was La-Tech), I wonder how their game is going to go down. Even tough hillbilly is their coach, I think I'll be rooting for them.

I didn't get to see Mike beat the Mormons... Last I saw they were passing all over his DB's. Lets hope he can pull it together and win the Pac 10.

Blues1
9/3/2006, 11:44 AM
I watched a lot of teams yesterday - and guys I hate to say this but OREGON looks like they will be a top 5 team....JMHO...But anything can happen.....

Keep R'

OUefeezletheweazel
9/3/2006, 11:48 AM
USC, Texas, and...
Montana State:)

sooneron
9/3/2006, 11:56 AM
the barners looked good as did the sofa burners.

I'm withholding judgment on texas as nt looked like crap. Hell, did anyone see the interview with Dickey when the game started? He basically admitted they had no chance. Maybe he needs to pay a little attention to the attitudes of Patterson and W Brown when it comes to playing at a big boy's stadium...

Rogue
9/3/2006, 12:03 PM
Tennessee.
You're welcome.

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 12:37 PM
Meh. If Texas had played a team with a solid D they probably would have won anyway, but it would have been MUCH closer. I'm thinking a team with a really good linebacking corps can stop Texas pretty easily.

achiro
9/4/2006, 12:17 AM
Meh. If Texas had played a team with a solid D they probably would have won anyway, but it would have been MUCH closer. I'm thinking a team with a really good linebacking corps can stop Texas pretty easily.
No kidding! I'm sorry but didn't Tulsa beat NT by like 100 points or so? I thought the qb did look calm but holy cow, it was NT. Let him get hit in the jaw a couple of times next week and it will be a different story.

Readyfor8
9/4/2006, 12:21 AM
The most impressive team this weekend?

I liked Arizona, I liked what Tenessee did (although thier fans are a bunch of retards,) but the most impressive was deffinatly Mizzou. They stunk something aweful last year and now that we are on thier schedule, they open up and look all world.

josh09
9/4/2006, 12:25 AM
As bad as I hate to admit it I think it was Texas. Their new QB looked really good and their D was solid. Tennessee looked really good too.

....AGAINST NORTH TEXAS.

UAB and Tennessee for me.

birddog
9/4/2006, 01:00 AM
tcu looked pretty good. i think usc will be there in the end.

boomrsoonr
9/4/2006, 11:00 AM
- and guys I hate to say this but OREGON looks like they will be a top 5 team....JMHO...But anything can happen.....

Keep R'

They were #6 last year when we beat them. ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/4/2006, 11:37 AM
Domer should be down about where we are in the ratings-not top 3. Oregon must be good. Hope we don't look PAST Washington.

arlington
9/4/2006, 04:45 PM
Has to be Tennessee..Cal is a solid team that just flat got taken to the woodshed..That team will still win 9 or 10 games this year so what UTen did to them was impressive, although Pac 10 teams not named USC have a 12-48 record against the SEC which is why i thought Cal would lose, but not like THAT! No way can you say you were impressed with Texas..They didnt even average 4 yards per carry against a bad sunbelt team..On 4 of there drives started inside the UNT 40..McCoy looked pretty decent but of his 3 tds, 1 was a shuffle pass and the other 2 were a combination of Limas Sweed against UNT.No other teams in the nation would have given up scores on those 2 receptions..This will be like 2001 for them..They start the year beating U-LA-LA 66 to zero with Chance Mock and Frosh VY going nuts and then when a team with a pulse(Arkansas) showed up in week 2, they got slapped around all over the field..Mack has figured it out..A few years ago he had decent mid majors and lower tiered BCS schools on his schedule(Stanford twice, NC State) but when they would lose or struggle, he had to take heat BEFORE October..Scheduling sunbelt teams is bound to keep the folks off your butt until the RRR..

TrophyCollector
9/4/2006, 05:05 PM

As previously posted elsewhere...

2005 - Denton High (a.k.a North Texas) - Season Record (2-9)
Lost to Tulsa 54-2
Lost to K-State 54-7
Lost to LSU 56-3
Lost to Troy, U-La-La, Arkansas St. and La-Monroe

Finished #62 in rushing offense, #112 in passing offense and #114 in total offense. Did a bit better finishing #101 it toal defense.

So 2006 texass was a little less impressive than 2005 Tulsa and 2005 LSU, they did about the same as 2005 K-State.

And of course 2005 UNT had Patrick Cobbs who finished 8 spots ahead of AD in rushing yards per game.

Let's please look at reality and remember what a piece of **** UNT really is before we hand texass another trophy.

Also, I saw 2 of Molt CcCoy's TD passes replayed, one was a 3 yard hitch route thrown low with about 20-30 yards of YAC. The other I saw was a 15-20 yard post over the middle to Sweedchuck who had to juggle it up to his body because it was thrown at his knees and he YAC'd it the rest of the way.

Anybody see the 3rd one?

They sure as hell didn't impress me anymore than Pokeville did by beating up on Mizzou State.

Pepper
9/4/2006, 05:59 PM
USC without question was most impressive. OSU also looked worthy of #1 ranking, at least for now.
Let's see how Texas looks next week when they actually play a decent team.