PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else catch the TBS announcers...

goingoneight
9/2/2006, 10:31 PM
Calling OUr QB Charles Thompson? Or how about the guy he called Juaqin Kelly or something like that??? These guys succ. They can name every ND player by first, last name and jock size but they can't read a roster before the game at OU???

sooner518
9/2/2006, 10:33 PM
TBS was so screwed up for me that the sound really didnt work for the 2nd half. but i did notice a Charles Thompson or 2 in the first half

Soonerus
9/2/2006, 10:36 PM
At least it was on TV...

SCOUT
9/2/2006, 10:37 PM
At least it was on TV...
Amen. From my point of view, the rest is gravy.

bri
9/2/2006, 10:37 PM
It's a trade-off: I like Charles Davis as a color announcer, but Ron Thulin looks and sounds like he won his job in a box of cereal.

Widescreen
9/2/2006, 10:41 PM
It's a trade-off: I like Charles Davis as a color announcer
Dude, that's racist.

;)

SoonerJason
Someone kept losing their voice.. annoying

SoonerJason
double post

bri
9/2/2006, 10:42 PM
Dude, that's racist.

;)

I wondered who was gonna swing at that.

Swinger. :D

Widescreen
9/2/2006, 10:44 PM
I wondered who was gonna swing at that.

Swinger. :D
That's just how I roll.

leavingthezoo
9/2/2006, 10:49 PM
i couldn't figure out who this A.P. guy was they kept talking about.

RedstickSooner
9/2/2006, 10:51 PM
Calling OUr QB Charles Thompson? Or how about the guy he called Juaqin Kelly or something like that??? These guys succ. They can name every ND player by first, last name and jock size but they can't read a roster before the game at OU???

When has TBS covered a Notre Lame game? I would think the Domers with their ghey NBC contract (up until this season) wouldn't have shown up on TBS very often.

And, yeah, TBS sucks - they're one of the little kids of college football, and make Fox Sports Net look like the big leagues. TBS is close to regional cable coverage for production values and commentator quality.

Don't blame the $2 whore for being ugly. She is what she is.

tbl
9/2/2006, 10:52 PM
It sounded like Peter Brady was in the booth. Horrible announcers. The pbp guy said more than once "he gets back to the line of scrimmage", when he in fact got a first.

goingoneight
Yeah, don't we have Adrian Deterson on OUr team??? F'n idioto-s!

bri
That's just how I roll.

With sweet abs like that, I'd expect nothing less, Mr. Basedow. ;)

And zoo, I just thought they were talking about that guy with the poll. :confused:

SOONER44EVER
9/2/2006, 10:54 PM
The announcers were about as good as the game was.

KYHonorarySooner
9/2/2006, 10:59 PM

What does AD stand for anyway?? Anybody?? ;)

DrZaius
9/2/2006, 11:04 PM
When has TBS covered a Notre Lame game? I would think the Domers with their ghey NBC contract (up until this season) wouldn't have shown up on TBS very often.

And, yeah, TBS sucks - they're one of the little kids of college football, and make Fox Sports Net look like the big leagues. TBS is close to regional cable coverage for production values and commentator quality.

I will give you the commentator comment but actually OUR (TBS) production qualities for all the sports that TBS and TNT provide is in the top rankings in television. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Our Nascar coverage is tops in broadcasting. As far as even recognizing $2 dollar whores, I am sure you are good at that since you live with one.

DrZaius
9/2/2006, 11:07 PM
TBS was so screwed up for me that the sound really didnt work for the 2nd half. but i did notice a Charles Thompson or 2 in the first half

The sound problem was with your dish/cable provider and had nothing to do with TBS.

tbl
9/2/2006, 11:09 PM
I thought production values were just fine. Matter of fact, you guys have some sweet stuff going on with Dish and the 6 angles.

Flagstaffsooner
9/2/2006, 11:19 PM
At least it was on TV...
And not on abc.

bri
9/2/2006, 11:19 PM
I will give you the commentator comment but actually OUR (TBS) production qualities for all the sports that TBS and TNT provide is in the top rankings in television. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Our Nascar coverage is tops in broadcasting. As far as even recognizing $2 dollar whores, I am sure you are good at that since you live with one.

:pop:

Didn't see THIS slap-fight coming... :D

critical_phil
9/2/2006, 11:30 PM
i, for one, welcome our new retarded overlords.....

Sco
9/3/2006, 07:20 AM
Ha. Some guy on FSN called our QB Paul Johnson... that made me laugh a little...

SleestakSooner
9/3/2006, 07:43 AM

Apples > Oranges

Who gives a rats a$$ about (YOUR) NASCAR coverage? I mean really? TBS has a LOOOOOOONG way to go with their football broadcasts. Comentators being one of many issues. Be defensive all you like but if you can't even get the starting quarterbacks name correct you don't belong in the booth!:texan:

walkoffsooner
9/3/2006, 07:45 AM
Hit of the game covered well. Lady doc got it head on.

sooner518
9/3/2006, 09:20 AM
The sound problem was with your dish/cable provider and had nothing to do with TBS.
yea i figured as much. stupid new digital cable/DVR box.

I actually think that TBS has really good work as far as how the game looks on the screen. Much better than FSN. The announcers werent so hot (from what I actually heard) but there really arent too many good announcers these days anyways.

OUmillenium
9/3/2006, 09:24 AM
TBS does not show down and distance graphic near enough. Major flaw.

BajaOklahoma
9/3/2006, 09:25 AM
Spencer Tillman. We want Spencer.

King Crimson
9/3/2006, 09:27 AM
Charles Davis sucks out loud.

stoopified
9/3/2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah,Allen Patrick didn't even get in the game.

Widescreen
9/3/2006, 12:02 PM
TBS does not show down and distance graphic near enough. Major flaw.
I mentioned that to my wife while the game was going on. Pretty much all networks show the down and distance at all times during the game. Not TBS. That REALLY sucks.

the_ouskull
9/3/2006, 12:29 PM
...they can name every ND player by first, last name and jock size...

It's easy to remember a jock size when you spend every waking moment hanging from it.

the_ouskull

rogcoley
9/4/2006, 11:44 AM
I wondered if this DrZaius worked for TBS (The Brothers Stoops network. Back to back games?) in their PR department or something. Anyway, saw he was an engineer in his profile. Question answered.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/4/2006, 11:55 AM
TBS does not show down and distance graphic near enough. Major flaw.ABSOLUTELY. TBS guy tell your higher-ups. AMEN!!!

OKC-SLC
9/4/2006, 12:15 PM
Talking heads notwithstanding, i actually think the TBS presentation of the games is better than anyone's except ESPN.

ABC drops sound, pictures, or sometimes both. Every game, it seems.

FSN looks like it was filmed during a fog. The sound and graphics succ too. And speaking of clowns for pbp/color announcers.

I agree that TBS needs a down-and-distance indicator on at all times.

daddywarbucks
9/4/2006, 04:51 PM
HAhahahhahahahahahahahhahhahahaaaahaha ha haa ha ......can i borrow 2 dollars?

sooner94
9/4/2006, 05:06 PM
I wondered if this DrZaius worked for TBS (The Brothers Stoops network. Back to back games?) in their PR department or something. Anyway, saw he was an engineer in his profile. Question answered.

Christ, I would hope Dr Z is not in PR! Calling someone's wife a 2$ whore is not very good PR.

Lighten up Dr Z! Although, now that I think about your comments, it is nice to see someone take pride in their job and the company they work for. Not nearly enough of that these days.

I think the TBS production (other than announcers) is very good. I liked the mutiple camera angles, especially the rear view on the AD 69 yard TD.

Big Red Ron
9/4/2006, 05:17 PM
FYI - Nascar = Gehy

Stitch Face
9/4/2006, 06:16 PM
What happened to The Boz?

bri
9/4/2006, 06:20 PM
The network muckity-mucks probably took issue with his constant mocking and bashing of Texas. They're weird like that. ;)

goingoneight
9/4/2006, 06:39 PM
Charles Thompson completed a TD pass to John-Joe Finley, and Adrian Patrick got in on the other two endzone stretches. Place kicker Garrett Harlem notched a FG to cap the 7-point lead.

josh09
9/4/2006, 06:43 PM
ah who cares, its TBS, whatd you expect.

Jdog
9/4/2006, 09:15 PM
It's a trade-off: I like Charles Davis as a color announcer, but Ron Thulin looks and sounds like he won his job in a box of cereal.

Its funny, Thulin use to work for the old WKY-tv in OKC as the evening sports guy.
maybe around the time of Charlies Thompson.

bri
9/4/2006, 09:58 PM
I was re-watching the game tonight (editing the commercials out of the game tape), and on our last drive he said something to the effect of "...and Peterson is out of the game now" as AD was ripping a six yard run around the right end.

I don't want to imply he's retarded, but he gets a ribbon just for showing up and trying.

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 10:00 PM
Even the announcers are freakin on the nameless jerseys...lol