PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bob Barry

85Sooner
9/2/2006, 09:55 PM
Please retire.
Your Game call is pitiful. That is all.

BoomerJack
9/2/2006, 10:04 PM
I refuse to listen to him unless it's absolutely necessary.

Flying Scotsman
9/2/2006, 10:06 PM
I was stuck listening to him....

He needs to retire!

Widescreen
9/2/2006, 10:29 PM
It's pretty obvious he's planning on doing this until he dies. He should've retired 5 years ago but for some reason he seems to have some info on Castiglione or something.

pb4ou
9/2/2006, 10:36 PM
I had to listen since I don't have cable. Thank God, a Dallas station carries OU games. Though I had to listen to it in the car. I couldn't pick the station up in the house once it got dark.

SCOUT
9/2/2006, 10:41 PM
It's pretty obvious he's planning on doing this until he dies. He should've retired 5 years ago but for some reason he seems to have some info on Castiglione or something.
I thought he was a questionable game caller when I was in school in the early nineties. He hasn't improved.

God bless him, I am grateful for the work he has done. However, our fanbase deserves better. He is the voice of our program and he is not portraying the image I would pick if it were up to me.

Soonerus
9/2/2006, 10:45 PM
Tough deal, he has been associated with the program so long but he is clearly substandard at this point....in fact, it is maddening to listen to his calls now....

OU Adonis
9/2/2006, 10:45 PM
Anyone know why John brooks is such a castout?

Soonerus
9/2/2006, 10:48 PM
I think it is his OSU toupe'...

85Sooner
9/3/2006, 11:57 AM

i miss him jimeneee christmasssssssss! Think what he would do with that every time AD got the ball.

stoopified
9/3/2006, 12:18 PM
Since Bob's wife died OU footbll,basketball,and KFOR are all he has.HE should of retired after the 2000 NC but he will keep on as long as he is allowed to.Nice guy but poor playcall.

walkoffsooner
9/3/2006, 02:09 PM
He will give JR. the reins. Just guessing

poke4christ
9/3/2006, 04:13 PM
Maybe he should just turn over play calling and stick to color commentary. I agree that he stinks at the play call, but its understandable why. The guys pretty dadgum old.

Zach

sooneron
9/3/2006, 04:16 PM
I don't get it. This is a business, and when you can't perform you move on, by your own admission, or you're asked to move on.

He's a great guy and an ambassador for OK, but he needs to step down.

Bccajun
9/3/2006, 05:31 PM
He must be making up for his time calling the Pukes games

85Sooner
9/4/2006, 10:23 AM
Bob Barry must be a member of this forum. I got negged by someone but everyone in the thread seems to agree how bad he is.

HEY BOB BITE ME

daddywarbucks
9/4/2006, 02:51 PM
I grew up listening to him call Sooner games...I would venture to guess there are quite a few of us who can recall his voice from way early on in our Sooner lives being the first sound we heard saturday mornings..We all will get old if time allows. I just choose to remember him that way..Good memories.

C&CDean
9/4/2006, 03:31 PM
Bob Barry must be a member of this forum. I got negged by someone but everyone in the thread seems to agree how bad he is.

HEY BOB BITE ME

Oh, let's see. BBB is old. He's worn out. He's a shell of his former self.

So, let's tell him to "bite me?" WTF is wrong with you?

Every year some dildo gets on here railing down BBB. Bob is old, tired, and pretty much sucks at PBP. No ****? Are you just figuring this out? How about sparing us a new thread every year on the same topic? Better yet, how about just going to the game and not listening to it on the radio? Can't? Then STFU and let ol' Bob do his job the best he can. Some day you're gonna be old (maybe). Hopefully younger people won't be as big of an ******* to you.

badger
9/4/2006, 03:38 PM
i have never listened to a sooner game on the radio. is it his choice of words, or does he mess up the players' names?

in any event, i thought his tributes to both vessells and owens at the heisman park celebrations these past two years were fine. however, i haven't heard him at any other events. the only time i've seen him at anything other than the heisman park things is at the fark board. surely you know the pic i'm talking about :D

C&CDean
9/4/2006, 03:42 PM
i have never listened to a sooner game on the radio. is it his choice of words, or does he mess up the players' names?

in any event, i thought his tributes to both vessells and owens at the heisman park celebrations these past two years were fine. however, i haven't heard him at any other events. the only time i've seen him at anything other than the heisman park things is at the fark board. surely you know the pic i'm talking about :D

Dude is just old, gets excited, and pretty much screws the pooch. "25, 20, 15, 10, 5, touchdown Oklahoma!!!!............he's down on the 14 yard line, a sensational run..er...pass reception......where the hell did that hot dog go?...."

Bless his heart.

Jimminy Crimson
9/4/2006, 03:51 PM

A little of everything.

"Sooners are lined up with no tight ends. No wait, 2 tight ends, Finley and Eldridge. 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Thompson pass to Jermaine Gresham. No that's Joe John Finley."

WTF!?! :confused:

CBSooner
9/4/2006, 03:57 PM
I don't think is a bad idea to keep bringing it up. Maybe if he keeps getting reminded, somewhere, someday he will actually have enough character to let someone else do the job.

I never forgot the time I played golf with the guy and he made it pretty plain he had no use for OU. He was doing the OSU games at the time. He has never ever been a true OU fan and what he is allowed to get away with should be reserved for a true loyalist.

Readyfor8
9/4/2006, 03:57 PM
Seriously, don't kick him to the curb, but lets find something for him to do that can get him off of play by play. I'd like to see him on the sidelines or something like that even moving him to a second color spot.

Oh yea and free hotdogs.

C&CDean
9/4/2006, 04:04 PM
I don't think is a bad idea to keep bringing it up. Maybe if he keeps getting reminded, somewhere, someday he will actually have enough character to let someone else do the job.

I never forgot the time I played golf with the guy and he made it pretty plain he had no use for OU. He was doing the OSU games at the time. He has never ever been a true OU fan and what he is allowed to get away with should be reserved for a true loyalist.

Oh. So now he has to have more character to let someone else do the job.:rolleyes: A true loyalist? He's a PBP guy, who happens to be a fan. How many schools have "true loyalists" calling PBP? Well unless you mean "truly loyal to the $$."

CBSooner
9/4/2006, 04:48 PM
Yes, if you are 800 years old and almost everyone thinks someone else could do a better job, one can only hope that pride and/or enough character eventually show up to encourge him to stop even if common sense doesn'y tell him to.

If it's only the $$$, then why wasn't he gone a long time ago. Are you telling me that in a true competitive environment, we can't find someone better? Someone is allowing him to stay on in spite of his current abilities. What else can be the possible answer other than a reward for perceived loyalty?

batonrougesooner
9/4/2006, 05:28 PM
This is a tough situation. I agree he needs to go.

They can't fire him. They don't want to insult him.

How do they gently suggest he move on in a respectful and classy manner?

Jimminy Crimson
9/4/2006, 05:31 PM

Make him listen to one of his own broadcasts? :confused:

Partial Qualifier
9/4/2006, 05:34 PM
This is a tough situation. I agree he needs to go.

They can't fire him. They don't want to insult him.

It oughtta be easy. Joe could call him into his office and just say "Bob, we need to talk about your retirement." Bob would know and understand. He's a grown man.

It's just that Joe's hasn't done this yet. Granted, he's got better things to worry about but yeah I agree Bob was real bad 10 years ago and has steadily gotten worse since then.

crimson&cream
9/4/2006, 05:47 PM
He's good friends with NSU's AD Griffen and does their games- would he come back.? Who knows.

crimson&cream
9/4/2006, 05:49 PM

He graduated from OU as did all his kids, but has no use for OU and never been a true OU fan...........HUM!

Big Red Ron
9/4/2006, 05:51 PM
Anyone else remember that 1999 or 98 was supposed to be his last year? He announced his retirement and did a full blown farewell tour?

Then Bob Stoops comes and Bob's still here almost a decade later.

Joe should ask him to go, seriously. Maybe he can do color or some type of halftime report but he hasn't been a good play by play guy in over a decade.

Readyfor8
9/4/2006, 05:58 PM
He should be part of the University no doubt, but it shouldn't be part that makes the University look bad. He also shouldn't be swept under the rug or put out to pasture.

Hard problem to solve, and I'm not the guy to do it.

85Sooner
9/4/2006, 06:02 PM
Dude is just old, gets excited, and pretty much screws the pooch. "25, 20, 15, 10, 5, touchdown Oklahoma!!!!............he's down on the 14 yard line, a sensational run..er...pass reception......where the hell did that hot dog go?...."

Bless his heart.

I know the man so don't tell me what I already know. Its damn frustrating because you can't tell whats going on. The only Info he gets right is the stuff he repeats after hearing it announced over the PA system so ease up.

So now that we got the annual fire BB thread we won't have to deal with it again. its not like we don't have a frikken WAYLT thread pop up every hour on the hour.:D

Stitch Face
9/4/2006, 06:09 PM
Does he say "pistols firing!" when we get a touchdown? No? Then things could be worse.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 10:57 AM
Coach Merv: " Hey Bob, what's up with the wriggling" (or to some effect like that on the air...

BBS: "Nothing, just looking for my hot dog"...

'Nuf said...

I respect BBS for his career and his hard work and love for OU. However, it is sad when people become a caricature of themselves with everyone and their brother watching/listening to it happen.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 10:58 AM
He's good friends with NSU's AD Griffen and does their games- would he come back.? Who knows.

Nope, He burned his OU bridges when the change was made to BBS. You have heard the last of Jiminey Christmas on an OU broadcast.

Partial Qualifier
9/5/2006, 11:47 AM
Anyone else remember that 1999 or 98 was supposed to be his last year? He announced his retirement and did a full blown farewell tour?

Then Bob Stoops comes and Bob's still here almost a decade later.

Yes, I remember. It was 1999. We were all grateful he had decided to call it quits :rolleyes:

Fortunately all the games are televised since then, so we aren't depending on him if we can't make it to games.

Sooners78
9/5/2006, 12:05 PM
I'm just glad I have season tickets. Duke Robertson!

Tear Down This Wall
9/5/2006, 12:08 PM

Politics. When Gibbs was coach, he was too honest in the booth, i.e. questioning what was going on with coaching decisions during the game. Gary Gibbs and Donnie Duncan were the undoing of the program in the early to mid-90s. Steve Owens had to clean up Duncan's financial mess. No one has cleaned up the mess of re-hiring Bob Barry...who at the time, I believe, was calling games for the Aggots up in Stoolwater.

IB4OU2
9/5/2006, 01:42 PM

Every year some dildo gets on here railing down BBB. Bob is old, tired, and pretty much sucks at PBP. No ****? Are you just figuring this out? How about sparing us a new thread every year on the same topic? Better yet, how about just going to the game and not listening to it on the radio? Can't? Then STFU and let ol' Bob do his job the best he can. Some day you're gonna be old (maybe). Hopefully younger people won't be as big of an ******* to you.

From all us old guys.......Bless your heart! ;)

Btw, I went to school with Bob Barry's sons Frank and Bob Jr. and you won't ever meet nicer folk. Bob will retire soon enough........give him a break. He's one bigtime Sooner and a hell of a lot better than Treps.

Landthief 1972
9/5/2006, 02:01 PM

You heard it here, folks - if you're a fan and can't get the game on TV or cough up $50+ (just for the seat) to go to the game, you must listen to an old man past his prime make the PBP an indecipherable mess BECAUSE HE'S OLD AND YOU WILL BE TOO. Shame on you if you aren't a TRUE FAN willing to not have a clue what's going on during the game simply because BBS can't keep track of player names, the yardage marker, the score, who has possession of the ball, or even whether it's a pass or a run.

God willing, young people won't be *******s to me because I'll have the common sense and decency to QUIT WHILE I'M AHEAD and go play golf or bridge.

fwsooner22
9/5/2006, 02:16 PM
Some want to make excuses for BB............thats fine and a matter of how you feel about the man or maybe how well you KNOW the man. The point (for me anyway) is listening to Craig Way (Texas), Mike Kelly (Missouri), Adrian Fiala (Nebraska), Bob Davis (Kansas), Dave South (Texas A&M), and sooner Brian Jensen (Texas Tech) 1 makes you realize that we are not keeping up with the times.

Dave South is old but he does not stammer all over the board.

I realize its beating a dead horse but this broadcast is on all over Texas. Nobody in Texas knows BB is a "legend". If a recruit or a recruits parents were to click over and listen, they simply aren't going to stay with the broadcast very long. Its embarassing.

Stoop Dawg
9/5/2006, 02:19 PM
You heard it here, folks - if you're a fan and can't get the game on TV or cough up $50+ (just for the seat) to go to the game, you must listen to an old man past his prime make the PBP an indecipherable mess BECAUSE HE'S OLD AND YOU WILL BE TOO. Shame on you if you aren't a TRUE FAN willing to not have a clue what's going on during the game simply because BBS can't keep track of player names, the yardage marker, the score, who has possession of the ball, or even whether it's a pass or a run.

God willing, young people won't be *******s to me because I'll have the common sense and decency to QUIT WHILE I'M AHEAD and go play golf or bridge.

Indeed, those who live out of state or spend time with their family on a holiday weekend shouldn't get to follow the game on the radio. Only the 85,000 TRUE fans who showed up to the game should get to know what's going on. The rest of us need to just suck it up.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 02:19 PM
Oh, so now BBB's crappy broadcasts are running off recruits from the state that shall not be named too?

Who knew?

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 02:21 PM

Well, quit being such a cheapass and you can watch the game. And as cheap as you are, you won't be able to afford to play golf when you get old anyhow, and will probably have to work until they carry you out, so the cries of "pathetic old man" will ring especially loud for you.

And don't get me wrong. I completely agree that BBB sucks on PBP. I just get tired of the constant whining about it. The interstate between Norman and OKC sucks - and has sucked for as long as I've lived in Oklahoma - but whining about it doesn't make it suck less.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 02:22 PM
Indeed, those who live out of state or spend time with their family on a holiday weekend shouldn't get to follow the game on the radio. Only the 85,000 TRUE fans who showed up to the game should get to know what's going on. The rest of us need to just suck it up.

****in' A.

fwsooner22
9/5/2006, 02:30 PM
Oh, so now BBB's crappy broadcasts are running off recruits from the state that shall not be named too?

Who knew?

Probably not running off recruits.......the post does NOT say that....You Did....

I only point out that we have the worst PBP guy that I have ever heard. We should not just "be okay" with being the worst of anything.

Its not going to run off a recruit but I can assure people who live in the DFW area tune in to listen. The broadcast time is posted in the Dallas Morning News every Saturday morning. I have had people ask me who in the heck is that PBP guy and what is his problem. It is embarassing.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 02:42 PM
Probably not running off recruits.......the post does NOT say that....You Did....

I only point out that we have the worst PBP guy that I have ever heard. We should not just "be okay" with being the worst of anything.

Its not going to run off a recruit but I can assure people who live in the DFW area tune in to listen. The broadcast time is posted in the Dallas Morning News every Saturday morning. I have had people ask me who in the heck is that PBP guy and what is his problem. It is embarassing.

Well, to save yourself all that embarrassment, you should just say "he's an old fart from Channel 4 who - for whatever reason - is still calling OU games."

That didn't make me blush.

And if our PBP guy really does embarrass you, you have have much larger issues to deal with. If somebody ever said to me "dude, OU sucks cause your play-by-play dude can't speak" I'd pretty much just say "go **** yourself." But hey, that's just me I guess......

SoonerBK
9/5/2006, 02:43 PM
I like BBS. I hope he calls games for a long time to come.

"Ball on the FLIFTY!"

fwsooner22
9/5/2006, 02:47 PM
And if our PBP guy really does embarrass you, you have have much larger issues to deal with.

Actually, it doesn't embarrass it pi%%es me off, but I have "too many other issuses I'm dealing with" to do anything about it.

If it doesn't mean anything to you then why do you respond to so many posts about it. :hot: Geez.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 02:47 PM
My favorite was a couple years ago when he's all "touchdown Oklahoma on a sensational run.........ball is on the 15 yard line, first and goal.........he stepped out at the 12......third and 3 from the 12." All in one call. WTF?

He's a classic. Leave him alone.

Partial Qualifier
9/5/2006, 02:49 PM
"..2nd down & 8 to go, 6 rather, on the opponents ah Alabama College at UAB 40 yard line. Paul Thompson, 6'4" 220, hobbies include biking and playing video ga TAKES THE SNAP <catches breath> WE GOT A CRACKBACK ON TEH FLIFTY CHECK THAT!! 42!! ANDERSON... PETERSON TAKES IT IN ON THE HANDOFF, TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA! NO FLAGS!!! WHATTA PASS BY THOMPSON!"

....Merv?

fixed :D

SoonerBK
9/5/2006, 02:51 PM
My favorite was a couple years ago when he's all "touchdown Oklahoma on a sensational run.........ball is on the 15 yard line, first and goal.........he stepped out at the 12......third and 3 from the 12." All in one call. WTF?

He's a classic. Leave him alone.

He obviously meant that the ball had touched the field and the play was over, not an actual touch down. If it had been a touchdown down for the Sooners, he would have have called first down for the other team. You just have to learn his system.

Chuck Bao
9/5/2006, 03:04 PM
I grew up listening to OU football on the radio while driving a tractor. John Blake gave me the real feel for what was happening. And, I was always impressed by the far away places listening in to the Sooners Sports Network.

Now that I'm in one of the far away places listening in by the Internet. I'm not so impressed.

I've never complained before. Actually, I didn't understand the previous criticisms.

But Bob Barry's play-by-play of Saturday's game was so extremely frustrating. AD was tackled. The pass completed. Where? I'm relying more on the noise of the crowd than I'm relying on Bob Barry.

He's a good guy and a loyal fan. I appreciate that.

Then, I get the radio broadcast for the FSU game. That is pretty sharp and quick and I feel like I'm at the game again.

GrapevineSooner
9/5/2006, 03:32 PM
I grew up listening to OU football on the radio while driving a tractor. John Blake gave me the real feel for what was happening.

I didn't like the feel from 1996 to 1998. And I still don't like it now.

Oh wait, you meant John Brooks. ;)

Landthief 1972
9/5/2006, 03:38 PM
Well, quit being such a cheapass and you can watch the game. And as cheap as you are, you won't be able to afford to play golf when you get old anyhow, and will probably have to work until they carry you out, so the cries of "pathetic old man" will ring especially loud for you.

And don't get me wrong. I completely agree that BBB sucks on PBP. I just get tired of the constant whining about it. The interstate between Norman and OKC sucks - and has sucked for as long as I've lived in Oklahoma - but whining about it doesn't make it suck less.

Ah yes, when you don't have anything usufel to say, resort to name-calling.

I can afford to go to games - I went to the game Saturday. I can afford Dish Network, so I get to see all the games on TV. But God forbid, not everyone is blessed with my or your income, and that should not shut them out of hearing the game spoken in an intelligible manner without the need an interpreter.

Geez, you flew completely off the handle because someone brought up the travesty of BBS, "just like last year." Well guess what? He sucked last year, and he sucks this year too, so that opens the topic up again this year. So in response to the "whining," you post a whine in response. And when that gets a response, you fall back on name-calling. Bravo.

YOU WIN! YOU WIN!

Feel better? :rolleyes:

GrapevineSooner
9/5/2006, 03:39 PM
As far as the topic of this thread goes...

Our four turnovers on Saturday concern me much, much, much, much more than how accurately Bob Barry Sr. calls a game.

Yes, he needed to retire six years ago. Yes, at one point it annoyed me that he's still doing what he's doing. Now, I just accept that there's more pressing matters to worry about.

And besides, if I can't catch a game on TV and have to listen to him, I'll just let my wireless alerts let me know what happened when I can't decipher one of his calls. ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 03:43 PM
I like BBS. I hope he calls games for a long time to come.

"Ball on the FLIFTY!"

How about the guy that ran beyond the 55 yard line?

XingTheRubicon
9/5/2006, 03:51 PM
There are only 2 things I cannot stand:

1. People that are intolerant of other people's cultures...and

2. Dean bitching about other poster's bitching while agreeing with them.

ouflak
9/5/2006, 04:07 PM

Bless his heart.

Yeah... bless his heart... You should try to actually type up the plays as they happened (supposedly). I'm often scrambling around various sites trying to figure out such basic facts as: What actually happened, who was involved, where the ball has actually been spotted, ... nothing important really. I don't get enough spek for my game thread efforts ;). I like him. He's a great guy. I understand he may calling the games for another 10 years. But this year has started out bad, even for him. I'm starting to feel sorry for him and it's a bit embarrassing. I hope he finds a way to retire gracefully. His career, service to OU, and character, deserve it.

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 04:11 PM
There are only 2 things I cannot stand:

1. People that are intolerant of other people's cultures...and

2. Dean bitching about other poster's bitching while agreeing with them.

Yeah, that **** chaps my *** too. I hate it when foreigners want me to change the road signs to their language.

Well that, and posters starting new BBB and Ty Willingham threads.

And Mr. Landthief, let me assure you I'm very, very far from "flying off the handle" here.

We all know and agree BBB sucks. So let's just keep running it into the ground. Yeah, that makes sense and accomplishes so much.

Ash
9/5/2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah, that **** chaps my *** too. I hate it when foreigners want me to change the road signs to their language.

You live in Quebec?

C&CDean
9/5/2006, 04:35 PM
You live in Quebec?

No dagnab it. In Amuhrica.

Chuck Bao
9/5/2006, 04:38 PM
We all know and agree BBB sucks. So let's just keep running it into the ground. Yeah, that makes sense and accomplishes so much.

But that's not fair for the noobs and those really, really slow on the uptake. I believe way, way back 5-6 years ago my first thread was a question about uploading a Boomer Sooner ringtone. Yeah, I got derision and ridicule while everyone seemed interested in the hot hotties threads until some of the girls wanted their own hot threads. I believe my point is that some of us are not piling on. We are just naturally slow.

Rufnek76
9/5/2006, 04:43 PM
Bob is a wonderful man...BUT his ply calling has been awful for years.....can we retire him to the sidelines maybe? If we can't get Gimmmeny Christmas back...how about getting Bob Carpenter from the Nationals..I bet he would be great at Sooner football!

Ash
9/5/2006, 04:43 PM
No dagnab it. In Amuhrica.

just checkin', the roadsign ref threw me there for a second.

;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/19/Mistassini_roadsign.jpg/200px-Mistassini_roadsign.jpg

spaceman
9/5/2006, 04:46 PM
It's quite obvious that Bob Barry has absolutely no respect for himself or his profession. I don't blame him for being selfish. I blame David Boren and Joe C. for allowing Bob to be on the air. Unfortunately the university has become so arrogant that they don't give a darn about their fan base. As long as the demand is there they will continue to act accordingly.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 04:48 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/19/Mistassini_roadsign.jpg/200px-Mistassini_roadsign.jpg

Okay, WTF is that shi'ite on top of the stop sign and under the street names - UFO or something? Nothing I've ever seen, and I have traveled a bit...

Ash
9/5/2006, 04:50 PM
Okay, WTF is that shi'ite on top of the stop sign and under the street names - UFO or something? Nothing I've ever seen, and I have traveled a bit...

I think it's Cree...

...or another Native American language...

Edit: Mistassini Cree

rogcoley
9/5/2006, 04:56 PM

OUCH!!!
How do you really feel???
Seems many people on these posts like to be MOTO (masters of the obvious). At least Bob isn’t nearly as pathetic as Keith “Who’s playing today?” Jackson. That dude is eaten up with being alive. Anybody remember his call in the ’78 Gator bowl? Clemson guy stops Ohio State winning drive with interception, goes out of bounds and is punched by Woodhead Hayes? Keith says “I didn’t see anything to cause a personal foul to be called”. To which we said, right, someone should have called a cop!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/5/2006, 04:59 PM
I think it's Cree...

...or another Native American language...

Edit: Mistassini Cree

Man, that looks like something off of the X-Files...

I thought it was a joke or some stylized form of Arabic...I mean Waapistaan street looks like something from the 'stans in the middle east...

Oh, with the Arret on the stop sign, is this in Canada?

rogcoley
9/5/2006, 05:07 PM

He said that, really?!?!?! He was my neighbor in Norman in the '70s. I would see him often at The Spirit Shop (liquor store, not Voodoo Lounge). I never heard him crap on the Sooners. Guess Norman isn't the best place to do that, doh!!!

Ash
9/5/2006, 05:12 PM
Man, that looks like something off of the X-Files...

I thought it was a joke or some stylized form of Arabic...I mean Waapistaan street looks like something from the 'stans in the middle east...

Oh, with the Arret on the stop sign, is this in Canada?

Yup, Quebec.

daddywarbucks
9/5/2006, 06:10 PM
BTW,
It's extremely entertaining to get Bob on the internet radio then turn the sound down on the tv. Bob doesn't mess it up for you since it's about an 8 sec delay. It's fun but secures the fact that I'm going to hell for laughing at an older man's miscues.

lol I have done that for years...

Im just curious about this..how many of you people that are ready to run him out of town have ever had to do that sort of thing? Just look someone in the eye and tell them they are just too old, blind,peanut butter mouthed to do what they have loved to do all there life...Its not easy if you have a heart at all. I just wish someone close to him (uhum BBJ) would carefully explain to him that its time to retire to just being a fan.

olevetonahill
9/5/2006, 06:48 PM
As Dean said
Give it a ****ing rest !:mad:
He is what he is if you dont like it , listen to someone else / or another game :eek:
Or spend some bucks on the gameplan ! and then quiturbitchin :rolleyes:

birddog
9/5/2006, 07:17 PM
I had to listen since I don't have cable. Thank God, a Dallas station carries OU games. Though I had to listen to it in the car. I couldn't pick the station up in the house once it got dark.
i still don't understand how this is possible...

Stitch Face
9/5/2006, 07:17 PM
If the delay isn't more than a couple of seconds it's still great to mute the TV while listening to the game on the radio. It 'sounds like OU' in the background while you can see everything for yourself. I do this more to avoid the inane TV commentary than anything.