PDA

View Full Version : Congrats OU

UABinBHM
9/2/2006, 09:23 PM
Congrats to your team... I know there will be many unpleased with the way the score ended up, but not to worry. OU is an excellent team and Adrian Peterson is every bit as good as he's billed to be. Unfortunate we lost, but we just had too many penalties and arent quite there yet. Congrats again to you guys and your team.

tbl
9/2/2006, 09:24 PM
Dude, don't sell your guys short. They played a heck of a game.

Unfortunately you have a coach with Brown blood in him, so instead of going for it and justr seeing if his boys could pull it out, he pretty much mailed it in with that punt.

Good luck with the rest of the season!

Blues1
9/2/2006, 09:25 PM
You got a Tough Bunch of Players....

Keep R;

OUinFLA
9/2/2006, 09:26 PM
thank you for the congrats.
come back and visit anytime.
Your team is a lot more than most of us suspected.
your qb is gonna be a horse.

OKLA21FAN
9/2/2006, 09:27 PM
I'm not unpleased..

heck, I have seen too many 'openers turn out different.

lots of room for improvement, but I saw some greatness,

remember, 'no one remembers scores from August'

Wishboned
9/2/2006, 09:29 PM
UAB played a tough game.

Their qb was one tough son of a gun to bring down.

Rogue
9/2/2006, 09:30 PM
Well done UAB.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/2/2006, 09:32 PM
You guys can come back and play us anytime...heck maybe we can play at your house one year :P

MichelleDawn
9/2/2006, 09:32 PM
Thank you...Your team played with a lot of heart and desire which apparently, is a Blazer Trademark.

SelmaBamaFan
9/2/2006, 09:33 PM
UAB is pretty well known for playing the upper level programs close. Congrats to OU on the win, and congrats to UAB for making it one helluvagame.

SCOUT
9/2/2006, 09:35 PM
Congratulations to you and your team on a game well played. I was impressed with the way your offense controlled the ball and thought your QB (the one who played most of the game anyway) was very solid.

Your defense also did a nice job but holding AD in check for an entire game is a tall order for anyone.

Congrats again and good luck with the rest of the season.

goingoneight
9/2/2006, 09:40 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how your team plays the season out UABinBHM. Can't hate me for pulling for TU, though... :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/2/2006, 09:40 PM
I know I will be watching how UAB does the rest of the season. The team seemed very well coached and very classy, never saw them once get out of control like alot of teams in a close game with a big time program. Watson Brown might actually be a really good coach, maybe better than Mack because he gets more out of less.

UABinBHM
9/2/2006, 09:43 PM
Thanks guys... really impressed with your team and fan base overall. Quite a classy bunch and a team that seems to know how to win with class. Good luck... hope you guys tear up the Big XII and make it to a BCS bowl.

BoogercountySooner
9/2/2006, 09:45 PM
thanks Blazer good luck the rest of the year! I hope your Team doctor is OK!

David Earl
9/2/2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the props. UAB offense was impressive, better than I expected. Your defense is solid. You should have a good season.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/2/2006, 09:52 PM
I WANT to say congrats to your team for making my 51-10 prediction wrong, but they don't get the credit.......rather, OU's coaches and players get the blame for not WANTING to win by a large margin as badly as I wanted to win by that margin. There are no competitors in Norman....Only a collection of soft prima donnas with a sense of entitlement who'd rather lose than break a sweat trying to win.

Ha Ha.

In all seriousness....it's now YOUR team's responsibility to make this outcome look more respectable for OU, like TCU did last year in finishing 11-1. Don't go d**king around and go 6-5. If you can play us within 7 in Norman, then you should be able to win 10 games on your schedule AND win your conference with your eyes closed.

Dude, you forgot the winky...that means you must be serious ;)

Sco
9/2/2006, 09:54 PM
My official prediction: UAB wins the C-USA championship pending Hunt's health.

UABinBHM
9/2/2006, 09:56 PM
My official prediction: UAB wins the C-USA championship pending Hunt's health.

Sam Hunt's fine (at least after this game). We'll have to wait and see on the championship thing though. Definitely alot of UAB fans excited. We had alot more offensive output than many would have thought. Still got some tough games, but one thing's certain: we wont face a better RB than AD this season.

HoustonStephen
9/2/2006, 09:56 PM
You have a talented team, and you sir are a classy fan.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

boomrsoonr
9/2/2006, 10:03 PM
Congrats on having a really good team. UAB was better than I thought, and we weren't quite as good as I thought. I'm sure both teams will get better as the season goes on.

Anyway, classy program and classy fans.

Flagstaffsooner
9/2/2006, 10:06 PM
You're a class act UAB.

UABinBHM
9/2/2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks Houston, boomer, and Flagstaff. We're all a little upset obviously, but overall are pretty proud and optimistic for the upcoming season. Hopefully we can maintain this level of intensity throughout. I'll be rooting for OU. Good luck to you guys.

olevetonahill
9/2/2006, 10:49 PM
Damn good game . Yall brot it to us !
Grats on a great team And a Great game . Good luck the rest of the season
Hell Ill even say sorry for the dis I gave you. A lot of Oppossing fans come on here talking shat . But your Team backed it up ;)

UABinBHM
9/2/2006, 10:55 PM
Damn good game . Yall brot it to us !
Grats on a great team And a Great game . Good luck the rest of the season
Hell Ill even say sorry for the dis I gave you. A lot of Oppossing fans come on here talking shat . But your Team backed it up ;)

No worries... it's all good. Maybe we'll play yall again some day down the road.

tbl
9/2/2006, 11:06 PM
Perhaps we'll see a rematch in the National Championship?????

Seriously, good game. That QB is tough as nails. If they play like that every game, a sweep on CUSA should be in your future.

Ash
9/2/2006, 11:14 PM
UAB,

Your team sacked up and played really well. Hunt (QB) is a hoss and really carried the team (IMHO) with his leadership, toughness, and playmaking. The other QB should have never been in the game, but I guess that's sometimes part of week one.

The offense was solid, D was solid. Your team made the most of our miscues (and created a few on their own) which was key for you guys.

Good luck the rest of the way.

KYHonorarySooner
9/2/2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the congrats UAB. Once again, you are one classy fan. The UAB kids played their *** off and you can't ask for more than that as a coach or a fan. The outcome isn't what you would have liked obviously (good for OU) but play like that the rest of the year and good things are definitely gonna happen. Now...

enough of the love fest...

BOOMMMMERRRRR!!!!!

UABinBHM
9/2/2006, 11:20 PM
UAB,

Your team sacked up and played really well. Hunt (QB) is a hoss and really carried the team (IMHO) with his leadership, toughness, and playmaking. The other QB should have never been in the game, but I guess that's sometimes part of week one.

The offense was solid, D was solid. Your team made the most of our miscues (and created a few on their own) which was key for you guys.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks Ash, KY, and thebiglebowski. Ash, I think the reason you saw Chris Williams out there is that in practice they were VERY close in terms of talent and running the offense. Williams had the most experience (including a tough game against #3 UGA in 2003), so Watson went with the one with proven experience since they were comparable in talent... at least so it seemed. I think it became clear early on that Sam Hunt was MUCH more comfortable out there and really took control of the team. I dont think, barring some injury or unforeseen mental collapse by Hunt, that you'll see Williams much anymore. It's probably safe to say Hunt has won the job.

PT really proved alot for yall tonight. That one pass where one of our defenders nearly had him wrestled to the ground and he through the ball when he was parallel to the ground to complete the first down was pretty incredible... MUCH better passer than I anticipated.

Ash
9/2/2006, 11:29 PM
PT really proved alot for yall tonight. That one pass where one of our defenders nearly had him wrestled to the ground and he through the ball when he was parallel to the ground to complete the first down was pretty incredible... MUCH better passer than I anticipated.

Absolutely.

I'm more concerned about the defense being in position and wrapping up then PT manning the helm at this point.

If your teams plays with the heart and focus they showed tonight, you guys could be whippin' up on some folks in CUSA. Lookout!!:)

UTsucks
9/2/2006, 11:45 PM
Yes thanks OU for NOT covering the spread once again UAB +22 =$10,000 in my pocket. Now don't get me wrong big OU fan here BUT Bobby never covers da spread. It seems worse in Norman. Wanna make cash bet against OU in Norman!

Texas Golfer
9/3/2006, 01:48 AM
Congrats to your team... I know there will be many unpleased with the way the score ended up, but not to worry. OU is an excellent team and Adrian Peterson is every bit as good as he's billed to be. Unfortunate we lost, but we just had too many penalties and arent quite there yet. Congrats again to you guys and your team.

Thank you. UAB played with more heart tonight than any team I've seen in a long while.

Good luck on the rest of your season.

rebmus
9/3/2006, 01:57 AM
good job sooners.

uab is a decent team and yall took care of business.