PDA

View Full Version : Is Tennessee

soonersam
9/2/2006, 07:37 PM
for real???? Or is Cal just a typical Pac10 no defense team????

StoopTroup
9/2/2006, 07:39 PM
Cal is overated and Tenn was playing at home.

soonercody
9/2/2006, 07:44 PM
Cal was overrated and overmatched today. Tennessee is loaded with talent and underachieved last year. New OC and a salty defense. Cal may still win the Pac 10. As for HOW good Tennessee is, I think they're not quite a top 10team.

tbl
9/2/2006, 09:22 PM
I say a little of both...

Egeo
9/2/2006, 09:51 PM
tenn's defense looked smart and fast
they were well prepared

and ainge was solid... for the first time in over a year

AllVol
9/2/2006, 11:04 PM
SAY SOMETHING TO ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAME BACK HERE JUST TO RUB IT IN YOUR STRUGGLING FACES... WHILE YOU WERE SCRAMBLING TO BEAT A TERRIBLE MID LEVEL TEAM, WE WERE MANHANDLING A TEAM ALOT OF PEOPLE TABBED AS A NATIONAL CHAMPION... HA HA HA... ALL YOU PEOPLE RAN THAT YAP TO ME, NOW WHEN IT WAS PUT UP OR SHUT UP, WE PUT UP, SO NOW YOU PEOPLE CAN SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Flagstaffsooner
9/2/2006, 11:26 PM
SAY SOMETHING TO ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAME BACK HERE JUST TO RUB IT IN YOUR STRUGGLING FACES... WHILE YOU WERE SCRAMBLING TO BEAT A TERRIBLE MID LEVEL TEAM, WE WERE MANHANDLING A TEAM ALOT OF PEOPLE TABBED AS A NATIONAL CHAMPION... HA HA HA... ALL YOU PEOPLE RAN THAT YAP TO ME, NOW WHEN IT WAS PUT UP OR SHUT UP, WE PUT UP, SO NOW YOU PEOPLE CAN SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAIts nice of you to come visit us. We welcome fans of other teams. Please come back when you are sober and mature.

SoonerDood
9/2/2006, 11:47 PM
when was the last time Cal won a big game that people expected them to win? WHen was the last time Cal didn't have a player flameout in the NFL?

Soonerus
9/2/2006, 11:50 PM
Wait for the annual Tennessee flame out....

soonerhubs
9/2/2006, 11:53 PM
SAY SOMETHING TO ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAME BACK HERE JUST TO RUB IT IN YOUR STRUGGLING FACES... WHILE YOU WERE SCRAMBLING TO BEAT A TERRIBLE MID LEVEL TEAM, WE WERE MANHANDLING A TEAM ALOT OF PEOPLE TABBED AS A NATIONAL CHAMPION... HA HA HA... ALL YOU PEOPLE RAN THAT YAP TO ME, NOW WHEN IT WAS PUT UP OR SHUT UP, WE PUT UP, SO NOW YOU PEOPLE CAN SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You guys heard it. Now we can shut up.

Sheesh, what a sophomoric post. :rolleyes:

BY the way, which is it? Shut up. or SAY SOMETHING TO YOU NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Zbird
9/3/2006, 12:01 AM

T*rd Knocker:
Come back and talk to us in January if you still have somethin to say.

sooneron
9/3/2006, 12:07 AM
Wow, just wow, you are a classless POS. What is your point Mr. I wear hunter orange???

Please tell your mom that she didn't give me change for the 20.

sooneron
9/3/2006, 12:10 AM
BTW, it appears that the best player on your team is from Oklahoma.

Rooster
9/3/2006, 12:15 AM

Ha HA HA HA HA...yup, i noticed that also....:D

HeyBC
9/3/2006, 12:33 AM
This is my first non-fark post on Soonerfans and I hope I can conduct myself with a tad more decorum than that other Tennessee "fan." I think Cal is probably a decent team but they picked a bad year to show up as the home opener for the Vols. There's been a lot of angst over the Vol football program since last season's vomitous conclusion and the 5-6 record has hung like a cloud over Knoxville ever since that last game.

Phil Fulmer did the right thing by throwing OC Randy "Colonel" Sanders under the bus (don't believe for a minute that he "resigned") and bringing back David Cutcliffe (Bama native; Tennessean by choice!). Coach Cut has brought discipline, toughness, focus and accountability to an offense that had little to none of those traits under Sanders.

I'm not ready to say "we're back" because it's just one game and there's whole lot of football to be played. But we did look good, and Oklahoma native Robert Meachem is finally showing the ability that made him such a prized recruit.

As for OU, don't worry about that UAB game. We had them as our opener last year and got all we could handle. Of course that was one of only 5 wins we had but still. With the fairly recent and ignominious loss of your starting QB it's impressive to win your opening game no matter the score.

AZSOONER
9/3/2006, 12:38 AM
Don't care, cal lost and I'm glad:)

rebmus
9/3/2006, 12:51 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/rebmus1/capslock.jpg

rebmus
9/3/2006, 12:55 AM
anywho... back to topic after the SIF posted...

UT is pretty talented. they didn't live up to potential last year by far.
cal, they'll still challenge for the pac 10 title. (heck, other than usc and cal, who else WILL challenge in the pac 10?)

in the end... it's a combination. UT is better than most expected while cal is a little worse than most expected.

AllVol
9/3/2006, 01:40 PM

And yours is from Texas, whats your point? That was a pretty ignorant point to bring up... But you'll get support, b/c this is an OU site, but that may be the most hollow point anyone has ever made to me...

Octavian
9/3/2006, 01:46 PM

someone sucks at life...

Flagstaffsooner
9/3/2006, 01:49 PM
SAY SOMETHING TO ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAME BACK HERE JUST TO RUB IT IN YOUR STRUGGLING FACES... WHILE YOU WERE SCRAMBLING TO BEAT A TERRIBLE MID LEVEL TEAM, WE WERE MANHANDLING A TEAM ALOT OF PEOPLE TABBED AS A NATIONAL CHAMPION... HA HA HA... ALL YOU PEOPLE RAN THAT YAP TO ME, NOW WHEN IT WAS PUT UP OR SHUT UP, WE PUT UP, SO NOW YOU PEOPLE CAN SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhttp://www.andybiggart.com/Pages/Journal/2003/september2003/lulu_junior.jpg

Are you Junior or Lulu?

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 01:58 PM
And yours is from Texas, whats your point? That was a pretty ignorant point to bring up... But you'll get support, b/c this is an OU site, but that may be the most hollow point anyone has ever made to me...

OK, how about this point: What were you saying about UAB after your first game last year when you were #3 in the country and only managed to beat them by 7? Were you calling them a "terrible mid-level team" or were you saying "wow, they were a surprisingly good team, and their QB lit us up for 280 yards in the air, and almost tied the game with 4 minutes left to play"?

To sum it up more succinctly - you have no room to talk about underwhelming performances against UAB in a season-opener. So, congrats on the win over Cal, now shut yer yap. ;)

AllVol
9/3/2006, 08:07 PM
OK, how about this point: What were you saying about UAB after your first game last year when you were #3 in the country and only managed to beat them by 7? Were you calling them a "terrible mid-level team" or were you saying "wow, they were a surprisingly good team, and their QB lit us up for 280 yards in the air, and almost tied the game with 4 minutes left to play"?

To sum it up more succinctly - you have no room to talk about underwhelming performances against UAB in a season-opener. So, congrats on the win over Cal, now shut yer yap. ;)

The big difference you are failing to recognize is that UAB lost their only REAL quality player, Hackney... He was a top 10 QB in the country... You also didnt hear me saying that since OU had a bad year that they were on a downward spiral, and were junk, and so forth... The fact is, you BARELY scraped by a UAB team minus the best player they've ever had who was their when we played them... You tried to be cute about Meachem, and got slapped in the face b/c the only player you have that could make our team is from Texas, so do me a favor, dont try to match wits with me... You'll lose... I tried to tell ALL of you this was coming MONTHS ago, and just like now, you did nothing but negged me to death... Its fine, people cant accept the truth from an opposing team's fan, especially b/c I tried to tell you in a nice way... Ive never had anything against OU, but thanks to you guys, I can look at the scoreboard EVERY week hoping they get their @sses handed to them, except Texas week...

Nice win over UAB BLOWU!

soonersam
9/3/2006, 08:09 PM
easy cougar!!! Breath!!!

birddog
9/3/2006, 08:14 PM
1 win and you act like you've won the national championship. you sir, are an idiot. i hardly think you'll survive what you claimed to be the best conference in the world. enjoy your wins now. thery're so far and few you have to come over here and let us know you won a game. why do you care what we think so much?

SCOUT
9/3/2006, 09:09 PM
The big difference you are failing to recognize is that UAB lost their only REAL quality player, Hackney... He was a top 10 QB in the country... You also didnt hear me saying that since OU had a bad year that they were on a downward spiral, and were junk, and so forth... The fact is, you BARELY scraped by a UAB team minus the best player they've ever had who was their when we played them... You tried to be cute about Meachem, and got slapped in the face b/c the only player you have that could make our team is from Texas, so do me a favor, dont try to match wits with me... You'll lose... I tried to tell ALL of you this was coming MONTHS ago, and just like now, you did nothing but negged me to death... Its fine, people cant accept the truth from an opposing team's fan, especially b/c I tried to tell you in a nice way... Ive never had anything against OU, but thanks to you guys, I can look at the scoreboard EVERY week hoping they get their @sses handed to them, except Texas week...

Nice win over UAB BLOWU!

Why are you posting on a Sooner message board at all?

Okla-homey
9/3/2006, 09:12 PM
Tennessee isn't fit to wring the sweat out of Tommy Tuberville's jock. They should thank the football gods they don't play Auburn in the regular season.

They should manage to beat perinennial SEC cellar-dwellers Vandy and KY. Vols will go down to FL, GA and LSU (and probably SC...again, but this time in Columbia.) Book it.

Soonermagik
9/3/2006, 09:18 PM

Nice win over UAB BLOWU!

Why are you being so hostile??? I've always liked the vols and have nothing against them or you, but for you to say OU sucks is out of line!!! I wouldn't be so quick to judge us, we got a W and that's all that matters. Etiher way I wish you and the vols good luck. :)

Sonner magic923
9/3/2006, 09:30 PM
the only player you have that could make our team is from Texas
So I take it your talking about A.D.

with that said Rufus Alexander Joe Jon Finely Malcom Kelly Reggie Smith Larry Birdine and others are just a bunch no tallent losers that are just Tenessee Regects ya you wish you guys were that tallented

sooneron
9/3/2006, 10:04 PM

Nice win over UAB BLOWU!
Nice try making your slim victory over uab seem much better than our's.
Match wits? We have already established the *********gery that you espouse. You're nothing but a pompous bourbon swilling crap spewer. I'm pretty sure that fat phuck Phulmer would be drooling to have Reggie on his squad.
You brought all the crap upon yourself and you know. You're a tard and a friggin whiner. No one wants you here, you should go.

Hell, Clever Trevor pwned your ***.

Blow u, nice are you sure that you're not a whorn?

sooneron
9/3/2006, 10:05 PM
Why are you being so hostile??? I've always liked the vols and have nothing against them or you, but for you to say OU sucks is out of line!!! I wouldn't be so quick to judge us, we got a W and that's all that matters. Etiher way I wish you and the vols good luck. :)
Dood, you missed this asshat a couple of weeks ago.

King Crimson
9/3/2006, 10:08 PM
Dood, you missed this asshat a couple of weeks ago.

no doubt. and that other Vol who was all "let's talk football" and then proceeded to wet his Peyton Manning underoos when people took offense to him ripping OU.

is there some reason they are here that i missed?

sooneron
9/3/2006, 10:08 PM
In allvol's mind- Corso = lot's of people

sooneron
9/3/2006, 10:09 PM
no doubt. and that other Vol who was all "let's talk football" and then proceeded to wet his Peyton Manning underoos when people took offense to him ripping OU.

is there some reason they are here that i missed?
I have no idea. With allvol, I would have to think twice before ****ing on him to put him out, if he were on fire.

David Earl
9/3/2006, 10:44 PM
Goodbye AllVol. Permabanned shoewhip WHAM!

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 10:47 PM
And there I was about to point out that I never made any snide coment about Meachem, and also never negged him. Apparently AllVol is no good at realizing he's talking to multiple people at once, either.

Guess what? AllVol tried to match wits with me AND LOST! Ha HA!

sooneron
9/3/2006, 10:48 PM
I am like shoe whipped magneto!

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 10:50 PM
Actually, I guees DE deserves the credit for declaring the "loser" in that contest of wit. I'd say wits, but AllVol DIDN'T HAVE ANY!

Ooooh, burn!

sooneron
9/3/2006, 10:56 PM
Actually, I guees DE deserves the credit for declaring the "loser" in that contest of wit. I'd say wits, but AllVol DIDN'T HAVE ANY!

Ooooh, burn!
Dood, you don't match wits with him, he has a high level job!

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2498/allvolgj3.jpg

Sorry DE, I couldn't find any dead pointer shots to finish this thread up!

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 11:03 PM
This thread deserves a

http://www.rpgsource.net/gallery/teh-suck.jpg

josh09
9/3/2006, 11:18 PM

fo rizzle

arlington
9/4/2006, 04:53 PM
Both...I have alot of respect for Coach Cutcliffe and he will work Norm Chow like wonders with Ainge, who is very talented..For as poorly as Tennessee played last year, they were only 5-6 in a beast of a conference so its not like they fell embarrassingly..They are loaded with talent, have a tremendous home field advantage and Pac 10 teams NOT named USC playing SEC teams are like 12-48 or something like that..Pac 10 teams are traditionally too soft to play in games against SEC teams..You wont see any 48-45 games in the SEC...That being said, Cal does have some talent and they will do well in conference, probably finishing 8-3 and in the top 25..

VolinArizona
9/4/2006, 06:10 PM
AllVol is an idiot. I apologize.

Glad UT won. Glad OU won.

We'll take out Air Force while you all PWN Washington.

birddog
9/4/2006, 06:32 PM
AllVol is an idiot. I apologize.

Glad UT won. Glad OU won.

We'll take out Air Force while you all PWN Washington.
that's a good effort but that dude pretty much ruined it for me. i don't have any ties to the vols and we don't have a history with them. but it's fans like that that really make my favorite team your opponent. but certainly seeing some dignity from vol fans doesn't hurt. from what i've heard, you're in the minority.

sooneron
9/4/2006, 07:03 PM
Zang!