PDA

View Full Version : Tony Neysmith...new sooner

chbrew09
9/2/2006, 11:52 AM
Tony Neysmith...a point guard from Georgia just joined the 2007 commitment class that Capel is putting together. He looks like a good one.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=29066

lubbocksooner
9/3/2006, 10:47 AM
It is good to see Capel is working hard. I think that our squad next year is going to look completely different than anything we have seen. This makes 4 verbals right. Two of them in the top 100. Not bad, not bad at all. I don't know much about the kid from Elk City I think it was or the other recruit but I bet they will be hard workers. This year might be a bit rough but I am still looking forward to it.

Ash
9/3/2006, 12:40 PM
6'5" and 196?!?

Gawldang! the kid sounds like a beast for a college PG. His stats are not very impressive but amazingly consistent. Anybody got the scoop on his style of play (is he a shooter, can he break people down off the dribble, etc.?). Sorry, I don't have a Rivals subscription so I couldn't follow the article link.:O

TIA

lubbocksooner
9/3/2006, 01:42 PM
I just took a quick look on some free sites and a lot of the talk about him was about his defense and ability to get into the lane.

Ash
9/3/2006, 02:29 PM
I just took a quick look on some free sites and a lot of the talk about him was about his defense and ability to get into the lane.

Sounds great. Two skills that are great to have in a PG.

Ash
9/5/2006, 01:56 PM
Looked up some reports on Tony:

Good defender
Slasher

some people see him as a combo gaurd but he needs to work on his shooting, especially from 3 pt. range.

He sounds like a big, quick gaurd. I'm thinking kind of like an Andre Miller - strong, good at attacking the basket, not the greatest shooter.

Couldn't get any good info on how he distributes or runs the team, tho.