PDA

View Full Version : Five Worst College Football Uniforms

Scott D
9/2/2006, 09:25 AM
the article this is from is pretty amusing.

1. Oregon - Oh, where to begin. That neon yellow that made you run to adjust the color on the TV is no longer the Ducks' worst fashion faux pas. After yet another redesign - this is No. 4 since the 1996 Cotton Bowl - Oregon now looks ready for the XFL. The numbers look like something in a fun-house mirror, and the diamond-print reinforcements on the knees and shoulders make it seem as if moths got into the locker room.

Can we settle on one home and one road uniform, too? White with green, all green, green and black, yellow and green - make up your mind!

2. TCU - Purple is never a good color choice, and the mascot is ugly. But putting those triangles on the trim around the neck and sleeves took it to a whole new level of bad. Please remember the players will have to show these pictures to their kids someday.

3. Tennessee - This shade of orange is acceptable only for creamsicles and selected Halloween decorations. (This goes for you, too, Syracuse.)

4. Boise State - Bright blue jerseys to match the bright blue field. This isn't paintball - there's no reason to blend in.

5. Virginia Tech - Even Crayola wouldn't put orange and maroon together.

King Crimson
9/2/2006, 09:40 AM
Indiana=loser copy cats.

OSU's threads suck.

soonersam
9/2/2006, 09:44 AM
Oregon takes the cake by far!!!! Dont they have like 5 different uni's

OUHOMER
9/2/2006, 09:46 AM
3. Tennessee - This shade of orange is acceptable only for creamsicles and selected Halloween decorations. (This goes for you, too, Syracuse.)

I think we can add horns and goat pokers

Jimminy Crimson
9/2/2006, 10:32 AM

Something like 42 different combinations. :eek: :rolleyes:

tbl
9/2/2006, 10:54 AM
I think Fresno State ought to be on there. That solid red burns my cornea's....

WA. Sooner
9/2/2006, 10:58 AM
oregon, texas, oregon, osu, oregon

Ardmore_Sooner
9/2/2006, 11:35 AM
No mention of Wyoming?

http://www.prosportsmemorabilia.com/Images/Product/41-05/41-05472-P.jpg

Bruiser53
9/2/2006, 11:48 AM
Burnt Orange burns my retinas!

AZSOONER
9/2/2006, 12:00 PM
worst to some is best to others. I think confusious once said that:)

jkjsooner
9/2/2006, 12:22 PM
No mention of Wyoming?

http://www.prosportsmemorabilia.com/Images/Product/41-05/41-05472-P.jpg

I actually kind of like the Wyoming uniforms.

Oregon and Boise St. are just pathetic. It's almost like they have to shock you to garner interest in their programs - a cry for attention. You would never see a traditional power do that.

That being said, Oregon fans are respectable and I do have respect for their program. I just wish they didn't go to extremes just to get attention.

NASASooner
9/2/2006, 03:10 PM
anything with orange is bad.

even Oregon's band looked awful. I swear at the Holiday Bowl they were wearing bicycle helmets, the cheap styrofoam kind.

When is Penn State going to get a game day uniform and dump the practice ones?

StoopTroup
9/2/2006, 03:16 PM
I've always thought Miami's green stuff was ugly...

http://www.centralohio.com/ohiostate/stories/20030105/football/713524-262328.jpg