PDA

View Full Version : one more time, what is the rule regarding items in the stadium?

picasso
9/2/2006, 08:57 AM
can ze women bring a bag or purse type thing or not?

Jimminy Crimson
9/2/2006, 09:12 AM
If it's under 10"x10"

StoopTroup
9/2/2006, 03:27 PM
No Bears.

OKLA21FAN
9/2/2006, 03:31 PM
no explosives!

(does there really need to be a 'rule' for that?)

reminds me of the Swizter quote:

'i didnt know i needed to make a team rule that said don't rape anyone'

PhxSooner
9/2/2006, 10:04 PM
My dad's soft binocular case, as well as his friend's, was confiscated. My dad asked why, since they weren't on the banned list, and the chick at the gate told her it was decided at their "morning meeting". They were told that the cases would be at the gate at the end of the game. Game ends, they go to the gate, and security says that the cleaning staff took them all. His friend lost a case that belonged to his deceased dad. Grr.

walkoffsooner
9/3/2006, 07:42 AM
some day are grand kids will say remember when grandpaw used to wear a coat to the game. Just the beginning.

Flagstaffsooner
9/3/2006, 10:50 AM
some day are grand kids will say remember when grandpaw used to wear a coat to the game. Just the beginning.Talking about Olevet?
http://www.senocular.com/pub/asorg/flasher.gif

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/3/2006, 11:24 AM
There was a guy in line yesterday who had his poncho in a ziploc bag. They said he could take the poncho in, but had to leave the ziploc bag. WTF?

Okla-homey
9/3/2006, 11:33 AM
Seems like they oughtta allow clear (as in "see-through") bags of most any size.

Oh well, as long as it keeps us all safe, I'm down wid it.

Tiptonsooner
9/3/2006, 11:33 AM
We had some folks in front of us that had Lazy-Boy type stadium seats, what is the rule on size for these things? These were ridiculous.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/3/2006, 11:52 AM
Seems like they oughtta allow clear (as in "see-through") bags of most any size.

Oh well, as long as it keeps us all safe, I'm down wid it.Oh I agree about safety. It just looks like they'd be consistent with their rules.

As far as the seats you bring into the stadium it seems like anything goes as long as there aren't arms on them.

GottaHavePride
9/3/2006, 01:16 PM
We had some folks in front of us that had Lazy-Boy type stadium seats, what is the rule on size for these things? These were ridiculous.

As long as it's under 16" wide it's ok, was the rule I saw.

Sooner24
9/3/2006, 01:54 PM
The day is getting closer and closer that I will quit attending games just because it is such a hassle.

mrowl
9/3/2006, 01:58 PM
Security: Do you have anything in your pockets?

mrowl: no?

Security: thanks, enjoy the game.

WTF? of course I have stuff in my pockets, keys, cash, wallet, ticket...

what a waste.

Beef
9/3/2006, 02:10 PM
I had to ditch the bag that the T-shirts and hat I bought were in. Pain in the buttocks.

soonerbrat
9/3/2006, 02:47 PM
i got in with that teeny bottle of crown that i stole from dean :D

Okla-homey
9/3/2006, 03:40 PM
i got in with that teeny bottle of crown that i stole from dean :D

...and I bet I know where you hid it on the way in Miss Soonerbrat-wurst.:D

StoopTroup
9/3/2006, 03:42 PM
Rule breakers.

:pop:

yermom
9/3/2006, 05:20 PM
There was a guy in line yesterday who had his poncho in a ziploc bag. They said he could take the poncho in, but had to leave the ziploc bag. WTF?

mine was in this plastic case thingy that they made me toss :mad:

the only thing i can think of is that i could have thrown it?

but it would have been fine if it was in a bag smaller than 10" by 10"?

it did take longer than normal to get in the game too, if we wouldn't have done some creative line manipulation it would have taken forever

proud gonzo
9/3/2006, 05:49 PM
i was walking in with my purse waiting for somebody too look in it (since they said all purses would be searched) and as I walked past a security guy who was paying no attention at all I asked "so who's supposed to look in these things?" He said "what?" I repeated my question and he said "I am." He stared at me blankly for a few seconds until i held my purse out at him, he glanced into it and said "you're fine."

wtf

soonerbrat
9/3/2006, 06:45 PM
...and I bet I know where you hid it on the way in Miss Soonerbrat-wurst.:D

in my back pocket :D

they didn't ask about my pockets but they did make me shake out my rain gear.

Boarder
9/3/2006, 06:55 PM
Mrs SB and Mini SB went in the gate before me. i was waiting on some friends to give them a ticket.

She cam back to me and said they wouldn't let her take in her backpack. the backpack was one of those tiny bags with the two strings that you can technically call a backpack. I was watching and noticed they made you shake your raingear.

She took MiniSB's coat out, went back in, and I stuck the bag in my back pocket. I took my raincoat and the ponchos out of my tiny backpack (murse according to Doleo), folded the backpack up, and stuck it in the pocket of my raincoat. Once my friends got there, I walked in. They didn't even make me shake the raincoat.

They really are a pain in the booty some times.

And that's right, the time is coming where it's too much of a pain and hassle for me to want to go to games.

yermom
9/3/2006, 07:20 PM
that's when the terrorists have won

Okla-homey
9/3/2006, 08:08 PM
I draw the line at body cavity searches.

Frankly, it may be a pain in the kiester, but at least it makes it harder for a jihaadi to assplode us all...although I expect a smart jihaadi could just fenagle some way to park in that big-bug parking garage connected to the stadium, pack the vehickle with high 'slosives and whammo while the concessions and restroom area is packed at half-time.

mrowl
9/3/2006, 08:29 PM
I don't mind the security, but be smart about it.

Hire REAL security folks, not the $6.25 an hour part time idiots.

AND BE CONSISTENT.

I usually take my digital SLR with me, and rarely a security guard will say: "you can't take that kind of camera in." I say, "yes you can, its not a pro camera, and its not a long telephoto lense"

If he still says no, I go to a different gate and get in with no problem.

yermom
9/4/2006, 12:08 AM
well, signs, video cameras and big seats are hardly "security" items too

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 02:29 AM
No Stingrays.