PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Traditions and Superstitions

Rogue
9/2/2006, 08:27 AM
Tradition: Hanging the OU flag on Saturday morning.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/Temp/100_0862.jpg

Superstition: lucky hat

OUHOMER
9/2/2006, 08:39 AM
I do some things but I refuse to call them supersitions. Traditions maybe but never supersitions. Now where are my tradition socks at? I only wash them when we win. if we lose they get real hard, and stink. thank god for Bob Stoops. blake was killing me

sanantoniosooner
9/2/2006, 08:42 AM
I'm in a pretty foul mood if we lose.

I usually try and get somebody deported.

King Crimson
9/2/2006, 08:45 AM
nice porch, Rogue. i dig it.

the cheapo acrylic Arnold Palmer stylee crimson cardigan sweater is my thing and my newschool "Bud" U of O t-shirt. i used to get CFS and eggs on gameday but that tradition took a mighty hit after the 04 Orange Bowl.

http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics4/200/EB/EBXVSLQXXPVZJJR.20030822204526.jpg

WILBURJIM
9/2/2006, 08:53 AM
After Michigan's second loss last year, I turned my Michigan Football mouse pad upside down. I am considering turning it rightside up today.

Norm In Norman
9/2/2006, 08:59 AM
This year I:

1) didn't buy a new gameday shirt
2) didn't buy a new OU hat

We'll see how things turn out with last years stuff. Maybe a mojo buildup is better than new mojo.

Rogue
9/2/2006, 04:09 PM
Heh. Our poodle got in the pic. He's an internet star now. Too bad about the CFS and eggs tradition, that sounds like a goodun.

OKLA21FAN
9/2/2006, 04:19 PM
This year I:

1) didn't buy a new gameday shirt
2) didn't buy a new OU hat

We'll see how things turn out with last years stuff. Maybe a mojo buildup is better than new mojo.
no 'new' game day shirt here either

however i 'reverted' to the '#22 jersey' and 'OU Football' hat that i have not worn in over 3 years.

damn that jersey got somewhat tight, but i'll take one for the team. (i do feel a bit silly being a 44 year old man wearing a football jersey though. the morning crew on the 'Ticket' in Dallas would tear me to schreads on this one.

BTW, the 'official' Desoto police dept complaints are now up to TWO for me playing 'Boomer Sooner' at the top of each hour since 8 this morning on my back deck speakers at who knows what decibel level.

Cam
9/2/2006, 04:29 PM
BTW, the 'official' Desoto police dept complaints are now up to TWO for me playing 'Boomer Sooner' at the top of each hour since 8 this morning on my back deck speakers at who knows what decibel level.
Ha ha, very cool.

StoopTroup
9/2/2006, 04:33 PM
I used to have a tradition of running down to O'Connells for a couple of beers at halftime.

I miss that one dearly...

9/2/2006, 04:56 PM
Heh. Our poodle got in the pic. He's an internet star now. Too bad about the CFS and eggs tradition, that sounds like a goodun.

Is he "winking" at us, or is that an exotic plant of some sort?

mdklatt
9/2/2006, 11:29 PM
I usually don't consider myself superstitious, but I refuse to go the stadium without my ticket.

walkoffsooner
9/3/2006, 07:32 AM
I have a friend I won't watch games with. Did it twice lost both times.

Geekboy
9/3/2006, 04:35 PM
Heh. Our poodle got in the pic.
Is that your poodle at the very bottom right corner of the picture?

If so, at first I thought you had imported some previously weird undiscovered cactus from Alaska.

The Preach Man
9/3/2006, 05:15 PM
I always make velveeta cheese dip with rotell and sausage. Trust me guys, this works. I started it in the 2000 season!!!

However, before our first game last year I scorched the cheese (no kidding).

Rogue
9/3/2006, 06:41 PM
Yup, that's "Fitz" winking from the bottom right corner. Little guy's a great dog. He and my German Shepherd used to get along famously. Now, they have their moments.

I used to make a queso dip (yup with rotel and sausage) before big games. Might have to resurrect that tradition.

Rogue
10/7/2006, 08:12 AM
The flag is up, the chili is started, queso will be underway soon, got my OU shirt on, the hat is ready!

bri
10/7/2006, 08:32 AM
My list is lengthy. I'm a fairly quirky fan. :D

FRIDAY:
I had been wearing my crimson coach's polo every game week Friday, but after the Oregon non-win I decided to switch back to my tradition from the '03 season of wearing a jersey to work every friday before games. My crimson AD field replica for home games, my white J-Dub jersey (complete with Orange Bowl patch) for road games.

GAME DAY:
I have to put out my OU flag. I have to wear my "lucky unders". I don't shave. I have a sleeveless white Nike OU shirt that I wear under my jersey (again, crimson AD for home, white J-Dub for away) I listen to my gameday mix and if all possible, have my kick*ss gameday omlette. Finally, I have to have my Nike OU football either in my hands or near me if I'm watching on the telly, and I must make queso.

Jeez, I should maybe get a life. :D

VeeJay
10/7/2006, 08:52 AM
Good Luck to you hillbillies today.

StoopTroup
10/7/2006, 08:56 AM
Mmmmmmm......

Chopped Longwhorn.

birddog
10/7/2006, 08:57 AM
looks like your dog has ear mites, rogue.

i bought some ou socks once. we lost the first game. i don't wear them anymore. that is all.

setem
10/7/2006, 09:42 AM
Sorry for asking but, is that your dogs Cornhole?

Friday - I wear something Sooners to class.

Saturday - If the game is here I get down to Nomton no later than 3 hours before game time. There has been a couple of days that I have made it later than that. (Mexican League Baseball)

If I get there early enough, my friends and I play a game of pick up football full contact and we drink some brew. I have sent out many invitations via facebook. It looks like this...

Let's play some footbaaaaaaawl...

It's time to separate the wheat from the chaff, the men from the boys, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian.

It's football time in OKLAHOMA!

It's time to hurt some people!

Careers will be ended this Saturday...

Children will cry...

Animals will be eatin alive...

Ross will get smashed in his grill again...

Someone is going to get arrested...

Religions will be questioned....

PEOPLE WILL DIE!

It will be well worth it though...our fallen brethren will not die in vain. They will be fuel for the death match that is Pick-Up Football!

After the game showers all around...NOT TOGETHER! We drink and drink and drink and fight...we don't fight.

If I go to the game with my bro & law and my nephew, I meet them about 30 mins to an hour before game. This year I went to tale gate at Washington. Very nice if I must say. I did not know any of you guys but I did not feel like I was gonna be hit anything like that for being there.

GAME TIME!

After the game...we play the game of champions! Variations of Beer Pong. My friend Ross and I developed a game we dubbed Room-Pong...we sit at either end of his living room with 1 cup filled with one beer. You can throw the ball across the room or you can bounce it off things. I was the 1st to use the wall, Ross was the 1st to make it off the wall. Ross started using things. I am terrible at the game but I did make it into his cup by bouncing it off his radio.

...the next morning I gather my things and leave, making sure to get the money left for me on the dresser by Ross' mom!

That is all...

leavingthezoo
10/7/2006, 09:45 AM
ou throw, and bowl of bouncy balls i can throw at tv when refs, coaches, players, announcers aren't listening to me. :mad:

:D

Rogue
9/1/2007, 09:27 AM
Can't have this just on the FB board. This is gameday, dammit!

SelmaBamaFan
9/1/2007, 09:30 AM
Bama Jersey
Bama Hat
Bacardi and Coke
Sports bars

Dont get any better than that unless you are there.

King Crimson
9/1/2007, 09:43 AM
looks like cheddar brats and spicy mustard and Warsteiner today.

SelmaBamaFan
9/1/2007, 09:45 AM
mmmmmmmm cheddar brats are godly.

Petro-Sooner
9/1/2007, 09:57 AM
I shave on gamedays. Not sure why. Just something I've always done. For home games I call my buddy in the moring and in my OU announcer vioce yell ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN OKLAHOMAAAAA.

bluedogok
9/1/2007, 10:16 AM
Queso and sausage is one of my gameday foods, look like I need to go to the grocery store.....