PDA

View Full Version : Hoover Alabama killing Union

boomrsoonr
9/1/2006, 09:37 PM
This looks like a preview of OU vs. UAB. Only with OU on top. :D

I hope Stoops is checking out that RB from Hoover.

UABinBHM
9/1/2006, 09:46 PM
This looks like a preview of OU vs. UAB. Only with OU on top. :D

I hope Stoops is checking out that RB from Hoover.

Birmingham representin'! :D

boomrsoonr
9/1/2006, 10:09 PM
Birmingham representin'! :D

That's the only representin' it's going to do this weekend. :P

UABinBHM
9/1/2006, 10:13 PM
That's the only representin' it's going to do this weekend. :P

We'll see, we'll see

boomrsoonr
9/1/2006, 10:21 PM
I think I just realized where most of your fans that will be in Norman tomorrow will come from. Around 1,000 fans showed up for the Union/Hoover game. I'm sure the same crowd will be in Norman tomorrow. Better hope you bring more than that.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/1/2006, 10:39 PM
this new coach at union isn't going to last until midseason

picasso
9/1/2006, 10:49 PM
I'm happy to see it. Good dose of humble pie for Union but, have you seen the Allabammie school's fooseball budget?:eek:

BudSooner
9/1/2006, 11:13 PM
I'm happy to see it. Good dose of humble pie for Union but, have you seen the Allabammie school's square dancing budget?:eek:

I hear it's staggering. :D

IronSooner
9/1/2006, 11:48 PM
It pains me to root for Union, but I'll take an OK HS over anyone else's HS anyday. And man this was ugly.

BamaTaxMan
9/2/2006, 12:04 AM
Two notes:

1. Most of the Hoover fans will leave in the AM, as most of them are either Alabama or Auburn fans/alums. Back here, nobody cares much about UAwannabe.

2. There's a reason that everybody around here calls them Hoover U. Y'all just caught a glimpse why.

birddog
9/2/2006, 12:07 AM
so, what was the final?

IronSooner
9/2/2006, 12:14 AM
Newsok.com says Hoover 34 Union 7

UABinBHM
9/2/2006, 12:15 AM
Two notes:

1. Most of the Hoover fans will leave in the AM, as most of them are either Alabama or Auburn fans/alums. Back here, nobody cares much about UAwannabe.

2. There's a reason that everybody around here calls them Hoover U. Y'all just caught a glimpse why.

Believe me... the last thing UAB wants to be like is that constantly cheating, NCAA-violating school down the road. When looking at the major sports (basketball and football), UAB still leads the series 1-0. ;)

birddog
9/2/2006, 12:15 AM
son of a b. that's rough stuff.

ever43
9/2/2006, 01:49 AM
I am a Hoover and Auburn alum stuck in Joplin, MO until Nov. working on a US Senate campaign. I went to the Union/Hoover game and I really was impressed with the passion Oklahoma has for high school football. I wish you a good season and hope you get over the Bomar situation smoothly.

Pricetag
9/2/2006, 02:17 AM
this new coach at union isn't going to last until midseason
Yeah. The Union fans are going to have a really tough time stomaching that offense. I think Union has the athletes to succeed with an option offense ala Nebraska in the '90s, but where's the quick quarterback?

Also, Union's uniforms looked even more like Miami tonight. I noticed both teams were sporting the Nike bra straps.

Partial Qualifier
9/2/2006, 07:23 AM
I am a Hoover and Auburn alum stuck in Joplin, MO until Nov. working on a US Senate campaign. I went to the Union/Hoover game and I really was impressed with the passion Oklahoma has for high school football. I wish you a good season and hope you get over the Bomar situation smoothly.

Thanks. Last year's Union team would've been a much better opponent for Hoover, but by the looks of it probably would've still lost.

Glad you enjoyed your visit.

King Crimson
9/2/2006, 07:30 AM
UAwannaB, ouch.

boomrsoonr
9/2/2006, 09:41 AM
Uh oh. Not only do we have wHorns and aTm aggies coming here to fight, but now we have Alabama schools coming here to fight. I think someone needs to lock the door.