PDA

View Full Version : Good Ol' JR interview (heavy OU love)

bri
9/1/2006, 12:46 PM
Linkage (http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=PROWRESTLING31-08-31-06)

It seems Jim's been listening in on my prayers...

Ross has one more major career goal remaining: He would someday love to replace Bob Barry Sr. as the radio voice of Sooners football.

"That's one of those jobs I would do for nothing," Ross said. "I hearken back to the days when I was a kid sitting with my family around an old AM radio. All that storytelling theater of the mind elicits emotions and still affects me.

"I'd like to be able to affect another generation of people who are spoiled with ESPN and watch six or eight games a day to have a different game experience. It would be cool looking down from the announcing booth and seeing 85,000 people listening to the radio."

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/1/2006, 12:47 PM
Could the King come tooo!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/1/2006, 12:51 PM
Could imagine J.R. doing the Texas Tech game last year.

bri
9/1/2006, 12:52 PM
MY GAWD!!! C.J. AH YOU HAS JUST BROKEN THAT QUARTERBACK IN HALF!!! RING THE DAMN BELL!!!

:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/1/2006, 12:58 PM
"THE REF IS REALLY GOING TO HAVE TO LOOK IN HIS HEART AND DECIDE IF HE CAN LET THIS GAME GO ON....

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/1/2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe they could get JBL

bri
9/1/2006, 01:14 PM
I've said for years that Jim Ross should be the next voice of the Sooners. It's such a no-brainer, there's no way it'll actually happen. You know, 'cause Joe C will find a way to f*ck it up.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/1/2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, they will probably get AL Eschbeck or Barry Tramel and put them with Jenni Carlson ;)

PhilTLL
9/1/2006, 03:07 PM
JR was on the Animal a few weeks ago and talked about how much they'd love to sign Dusty D after his NFL career is over because he's a ready-made commodity: size and personality. Heh.

Hamhock
9/1/2006, 03:36 PM
who is jim ross?

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/1/2006, 03:37 PM
your daddy...sorry about him not calling all of these years :P ;)

Mixer!
9/2/2006, 01:09 AM
Yeah, they will probably get AL Eschbeck or Barry Tramel and put them with Jenni Carlson ;)

Way to give them another actionable option. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

MiccoMacey
9/2/2006, 02:01 AM

AE: Uhh..yeah...OU just scored a TD. Gimme a physical break.
BT: OU just scored their 75th TD this season, but this still doesn't mean I'm going to vote for them as a Top 25 team.
JC: OU just scored a TD.
Just.
Scored.
Think about that.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/2/2006, 06:52 PM
JBL: He’s been talking about you! Beat him up, beat him up! You see what you get for talking about him Michael? He has parents! He is NOT a little bastard! He is not a troll! He’s a leprechaun, and he has FEELINGS!!!... You deserved it!

BudSooner
9/2/2006, 10:13 PM
BT: OU just scored their 75th TD this season, but this still doesn't mean I'm going to vote for them as a Top 25 team.
Just.
Scored.
Think about that.

That just made me throw up in my mouth....alot.:mad:

;)

bri
9/2/2006, 11:11 PM
That just made me throw up in my mouth....alot.

Oh, I'm sorry. The judges were looking for:

That just made me throw up.

In my mouth.

A.

Lot.

OUTromBoNado
9/2/2006, 11:50 PM
Just.
Scored.
Think about that.

Thinking about what that broadcast would sound like makes me sad in my pants.:(

bri
5/24/2008, 05:35 PM
t5xq7Jd3aYk

Rhythm. JR haz it.

r5TPsooner
5/24/2008, 06:54 PM
JR would be an upgrade over what we have now.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/25/2008, 03:56 PM
To hell with announcing..he should be the Pom Squad's coach

King Crimson
5/25/2008, 04:12 PM
to me, professional wrestling is kind of a low point in civilization that points toward regress than progress. and all the "culture" around it. and the kitschy "wink wink nudge nudge" thing i can understand....but, basically it's a stupid morality play. however, i can get with this:

"That's one of those jobs I would do for nothing," Ross said. "I hearken back to the days when I was a kid sitting with my family around an old AM radio. All that storytelling theater of the mind elicits emotions and still affects me."

i'd rather have Chuck Cooperstein but i could live with JR if he called it play by play....without the wrestling crap.

StoopTroup
5/25/2008, 04:50 PM
I'll pay to do it.

Top that. :D