PDA

View Full Version : Crap!!

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/1/2006, 10:41 AM
Runnells to be cut according to oklahoman...

http://www.newsok.com/article/2840355/

CHICAGO--Former Oklahoma fullback and Carl Albert grad J.D. Runnells has been told he likely will be waived by the Chicago Bears, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Runnels was a sixth-round pick in this year's draft. The Bears do intend to sign him to the practice squad, according to the report.

During the Bears' exhibition game against Cleveland, Runnels fumbled after catching a pass and left the field in the third quarter with an injured right ankle.

Boomer.....
9/1/2006, 10:44 AM
That sucks.

DarrellZero
9/1/2006, 10:48 AM
Someone needs to pick him up.

Although the practice squad isn't a bad place to land for a year.

JonnyRed
9/1/2006, 10:51 AM
How much does someone make on a practice squad?

TheHumanAlphabet
9/1/2006, 11:22 AM
Probably more than I earn in a year...

hybridworks
9/1/2006, 11:34 AM
I havent found any talk about JD being cut on the bears site... still looking

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=2347

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The Bears on Friday released 11 players, cutting tackle Steve Edwards, waiving injured linebacker Jeremy Cain and waiving receivers Craig Bragg and Mark Philmore, cornerbacks Dion Byrum, Abraham Elimimian and Carlos Hendricks, defensive tackle Delbert Cowsette, running back Andre Hall, safety Jason Harmon and guard Travis Leffew.

The Bears must trim 10 more players by 3 p.m. Saturday to reach the NFL’s mandatory 53-man roster limit.

cwood60
9/1/2006, 11:36 AM
How much does someone make on a practice squad?

According to this place http://www.combines.com/leagues/nfl.asp they make $4,000 a week. I'd sign up and be a tackling dummy.

hybridworks
9/1/2006, 11:39 AM
nvm, here is the report from the Chicago Sun Times.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-bearnt01.html

Fullback J.D. Runnels, a sixth-round pick from Oklahoma, has been told he likely will be placed on waivers. Team officials told Runnels that they intend to sign him to the eight-man practice squad, which can be formed starting Sunday. Letting Runnels go not only would expose him to 31 other teams, but also would mean the Bears plan to begin the season with one fullback, Jason McKie, on the active roster.

Runnels left the field in the third quarter Thursday with his right ankle wrapped in ice, and if the injury is serious, he could wind up on injured reserve instead. In the second quarter, Runnels fumbled after catching a pass from Kyle Orton.

melbitoast
9/1/2006, 12:58 PM
if he is waived, I hope the Cowboys jump on him immediately. Parcells loves fullbacks like J.D.

Wishboned
9/1/2006, 12:58 PM
That stinks for JD.

First I hope that his injury isn't serious. I'm tired of seeing former OU players suffering injuries. We must be cursed.

And second I hope that if he is placed on the practice squad that he will get some valuable learning experience and be able to come back next season and challenge for the starting FB position.

Sirus
9/1/2006, 02:51 PM
So this is how they treat you when you make the highlight reel in pre-season?:rolleyes:

hybridworks
9/1/2006, 03:34 PM
I think that if they were smart, they would turn around and make him a TE. His pass blocking is superb and he is extremely quick for his size. He has great hands... I dont know, Im dissapointed in my Bears...

CatfishSooner
9/1/2006, 07:18 PM
Did Runnels ever fumble at OU?

StoopTroup
9/1/2006, 07:47 PM
JD will play in the NFL.

Sucks that he got off on a rough start.

goingoneight
9/1/2006, 10:03 PM
I'm not surprised. Don't think I'm negging him, he is very good as a FB. But he's not a dynamic runner and though he caught everything thrown to him in college, the NFL sucks up to T.O. and other "big name" recievers. He's getting an ultimate screw job if they cut him already. Reason I'm not surprised is the lack of FB usage in the NFL.

Egeo
9/2/2006, 01:49 AM
Did Runnels ever fumble at OU?
well, he only got teh ball a handful of times

goingoneeight has a great point about the fb usage in the nfl
but runnells is probably too short to be a te??

hybridworks
9/2/2006, 03:47 PM
but runnells is probably too short to be a te??

TE's are on average 6'0" to 6'3" in the NFL, JD coming in at 5'11" makes an inch out... I think he would be fine at the position... Can catch anything and blocks like he's protecting Owen Field from the evils that are saxet...