PDA

View Full Version : USA loses to Greece

BermudaSooner
9/1/2006, 07:35 AM
I think I could shoot better from 3. Unbelievable.

tulsaoilerfan
9/1/2006, 07:39 AM
I think I could shoot better from 3. Unbelievable.
I think we all need to start giving credit to the rest of the world instead of griping about our team; those teams are much more experienced in the international style of play and can shoot the ball much better than any team we could put together,and we still have too many pampered pros that don't give a damn about playing; to LeBron, Wade, etc, thanks for at least showing up to play unlike many of your fellow All Stars.

BermudaSooner
9/1/2006, 08:26 AM
I think we all need to start giving credit to the rest of the world instead of griping about our team; those teams are much more experienced in the international style of play and can shoot the ball much better than any team we could put together,and we still have too many pampered pros that don't give a damn about playing; to LeBron, Wade, etc, thanks for at least showing up to play unlike many of your fellow All Stars.

Agree with that, but Greece didn't cause the US to shoot 59% from the freethrow line.

boomersooner82
9/1/2006, 09:30 AM
Coach K choking in the final four... hmmm, didn't see that one coming

stoopified
9/1/2006, 09:34 AM
Coach K choking in the final four... hmmm, didn't see that one comingHarsh,considering he IS the best coach in basketball(at any level).

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
9/1/2006, 09:38 AM
Harsh,considering he IS the best coach in basketball(at any level).
I agree with 100%

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 11:42 AM
Players in European countries are taught to play the game the way it's supposed to be played and are better all around players. US players learn to play street ball and that's what the NBA has become in large part....a glorfied organization of street ballers.

The US lost to Greece? Amazing.

GrapevineSooner
9/1/2006, 11:46 AM
Dwyane Wade forgot to take Bennett Salvatore with him.

King Crimson
9/1/2006, 11:58 AM
if a team packs the paint and won't come out until you can beat them from teh outside.....and you can't. you lose.

jmr_77
9/1/2006, 12:37 PM
The TV analyst, Fran Fraschilla (I believe), said numerous times about the inablility of the US team to defend the pick and roll. That killed them the entire 3rd quarter and into the 4th. It was also mentioned that most NBA teams struggle defending the pick and roll as well.

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/1/2006, 12:52 PM
Players in European countries are taught to play the game the way it's supposed to be palyed and are better all around players. US palyers lear to play street ball and that's what the NBA has become in large part....a glorfied organization of street ballers.

Absolutely, and an NBA game is simply a 2 hour long hip hop video.

It stopped being about basketball a long time ago.

GrapevineSooner
9/1/2006, 01:11 PM
The TV analyst, Fran Fraschilla (I believe), said numerous times about the inablility of the US team to defend the pick and roll. That killed them the entire 3rd quarter and into the 4th. It was also mentioned that most NBA teams struggle defending the pick and roll as well.

Maybe Coach K shouldn't have cut Bruce Bowen.

Jimminy Crimson
9/1/2006, 01:56 PM
CP10 had a rough game, going 0fer from the field and only dishing out 2 dimes.

Theres still one more game...

jmr_77
9/1/2006, 02:40 PM
Maybe Coach K shouldn't have cut Bruce Bowen.

I didn't like the decision to cut Bowen when it happened, for the simple fact that he played tough defense and could hit the 3. Even in training camp he was the only one that was a consistent 3 point shooter.

Statalyzer
9/1/2006, 04:15 PM
if a team packs the paint and won't come out until you can beat them from teh outside.....and you can't. you lose.

We still scored plenty though. Our defense was the problem. Where are the defensive stoppers on this team? Why don't we have Bruce Bowen or Tayshaun Prince or guys like that?

tulsaoilerfan
9/1/2006, 05:18 PM
We still scored plenty though. Our defense was the problem. Where are the defensive stoppers on this team? Why don't we have Bruce Bowen or Tayshaun Prince or guys like that?
wouldn't have mattered because of the problems with the pick and roll

tulsaoilerfan
9/1/2006, 05:21 PM
Agree with that, but Greece didn't cause the US to shoot 59% from the freethrow line.
I will admit i don't follow the nba much, but how many of these guys are good free throw shooters? I'm asking because i don't know and am too lazy to look up their stats. lol

hybridworks
9/1/2006, 05:34 PM
Crazy how no one has mentioned that Carmello has been a sort of back bone for this team..

iworshipbender
9/1/2006, 06:19 PM
sweet 16's havent been very kind to coach K lately

mikeb
9/1/2006, 09:32 PM
We still scored plenty though. Our defense was the problem. Where are the defensive stoppers on this team? Why don't we have Bruce Bowen or Tayshaun Prince or guys like that?I totally agree with you.

william_brasky
9/1/2006, 11:46 PM
I watched the replay. We got out-fundamentalled. Amazing.

NBA might want to go back to the no zone defense rule.

US cannot defend or run the pick and roll.

OUstud
9/2/2006, 02:16 PM
Idea: our U.S. basketball team needs to be whoever won the NBA championship that year. No need to worry about chemistry and it would be an easy way to assure the U.S.'s return to past dominance.

That, or keep NBA players playing for the U.S. The U.S. pays their paychecks, so they need to play for us.

sooner-n-ga
9/7/2006, 05:52 PM
Pro B-ball stinks