PDA

View Full Version : Long starts off with a Loss....

Blues1
9/1/2006, 06:34 AM
Link -- almost pulled it off.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14595571/

R'

BermudaSooner
9/1/2006, 07:37 AM
Looks like he picked the wrong starting QB.

r5TPsooner
9/1/2006, 12:00 PM
Fullback dive up the middle must have did him in.

OUmillenium
9/1/2006, 12:16 PM
Fullback dive up the middle must have did him in.

I don't get it, but I really want to. What are you referring to? IMHO Kejuan didn't get enough carries v LSU and JD Runnels rarely ever got a carry.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/1/2006, 01:55 PM
Looks like he picked the wrong starting QB.

i'm just shaking my head at this statement.

turkey123
9/1/2006, 01:57 PM
Lots of starting QBs were knocked out of service last night. Hope it isn't a sign of things to come...

fadada1
9/1/2006, 02:06 PM
Lots of starting QBs were knocked out of service last night. Hope it isn't a sign of things to come...
brady quinn could get knocked out - shut the media up for a while.

i don't want him hurt or anything, but maybe he could fail a phys ed. class or two... or sell an import or two.

MikeInNorman
9/1/2006, 03:30 PM
I watched the second half. SDSU was done in by turnovers and crappy special teams play. Their offense looked a lot better with the second QB than the first, so they may have found a starter.

Ironically, the offense run by the second QB was looked exactly like the fabled "Northwestern Offense" to me, with lots of spread formation QB running and option, mixed equally with spread passing. It worked great too. Those type offenses usually make the biggest impression when run by undermanned/undertalented teams. SDSU seems to fit the bill, appearing to lack any offensive and defensive line talent at all, and would explain why Long's first recruiting class signed 10 linemen out of 18 total recruits.

SDSU dominated the stats, but shot themselves in the foot way too much to win. Good coaching can eliminate turnovers (or those who commit them ;) ), and shape up special teams. We'll see if Chuck Long can get this done against Wisconsin in two weeks.

Your SDSU reporter,

Mike In Norman

Tear Down This Wall
9/1/2006, 03:48 PM
Suck. Why are we doing this? We have a handful of former assistants who took crappy head coaching jobs. Of course they're going to lose. Not one of Stoops' assistants, except Venables, has turned down crappy head coaching gigs.

Arizona, Kansas...great basketball schools; San Diego State...well, it's in the Mountain WAC Mutiny Conference.

They all jumped for the money. So, can we be spared the weekly run down on how they lose? They're all going to lose and lose alot. I just want Mike to come back after Venables gets a real head coaching offer.

MikeInNorman
9/1/2006, 04:03 PM
So, can we be spared the weekly run down on how they lose?

The Man can't keep me from reporting on SDSU!!!!

RIGHT ON!!! BURN BABY BURN!!! Viva Aztecs!!!! Viva Chuck!!!!!

Sincerely,

Your Newly Radicalized But Wholly Objective SDSU Reporter,

Mike In Norman

CatfishSooner
9/1/2006, 04:44 PM
heh?