PDA

View Full Version : Horn Fans, Comment On This Thread

FaninAma
8/31/2006, 10:20 PM
And explain why other fans shouldn't think that horn fans in general are the most bigoted, hypocritical, pompous, judgemental fans in the world. Trash talking is one thing but these @ss wipes actually believe they are morally and ethically superior to OU fans. What's even funnier is the fact they actually believe nothing under the table goes on down in Austin.

Of course they also probably believe their wives were virgins when they met.

I really think the pompous-assed behavior of horn fans is a genetic defect....with strong environmental contributions.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=stands&Number=4443297&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=4&vc=1

I used to think whorn fans were elitist but to qualify as an elitist you have to really have something to feel superior about(money, intelligence, looks)......not just a bunch of bull **** cultish beliefs.

UT, it's a whole 'nother cult.

4everasooner
8/31/2006, 10:21 PM
horns s*ck.

SouthFortySooner
8/31/2006, 10:22 PM
Def: virgin,- an ugly third grade girl

goingoneight
8/31/2006, 10:24 PM
That is the stereotypical football fan, period. I lived in Texass for a while and met several people who had a great respect for the history and tradition of OU. Ever since Stoops arrived, you can kinda tell that they don't really "appreciate" it anymore. Seriously, though... I've been embarassed a few times by some of OUr own's behavior(s). I think the answer you're looking for will best be answered by someone who has a hard-on for the state of Texas, and a Hook 'em supporter.

CatfishSooner
8/31/2006, 10:25 PM
horns = boring zzzz

XingTheRubicon
8/31/2006, 10:27 PM
Cut 'em some slack Fanin, their last AP (real) NC was right after we landed on the moon. They're giddy, and have zero frame of reference on how to handle being a football champion.

It's almost kind of fun watching them bump into the furniture and wrecking their cars in a cockeyed celebratory special olympic gold medal sort of fashion.

FaninAma
8/31/2006, 10:29 PM
That is the stereotypical football fan, period. I lived in Texass for a while and met several people who had a great respect for the history and tradition of OU. Ever since Stoops arrived, you can kinda tell that they don't really "appreciate" it anymore. Seriously, though... I've been embarassed a few times by some of OUr own's behavior(s). I think the answer you're looking for will best be answered by someone who has a hard-on for the state of Texas, and a Hook 'em supporter.

Goingoneight, I disagree. I've lived in 5 different states, attended 4 different universities and I have never met a fanbase that, in general, had such a puffed up, false sense of superiority and pompousness as the horn fans. You can almost see these numbnuts goosestepping down 6th Street in Austin....they're a much bigger group of cultural fascists than the TAMU fans ever thought about being.

goingoneight
8/31/2006, 10:56 PM
I respect that, but note: the word stereotype. Everyone has arrogant fans you want to strangle. We just notice UT's more because they won't shut up right now about 2005 and OU's troubles. I, too... have lived in more than just Oklahoma and Texas. The stereotypical rude Whorn lovers are pretty quiet when they lose, believe me. Just like faggies, one little win makes them the all-time greatest thing to ever take the field. And while I didn't live in Austin, I did, however live in atkins right outside of San Antonio, believe me, I've heard what you're referring to. All I'm saying is, we're talking about a minimum of 80,000 people (whorn fans) in one of the biggest states in the US. It is just the same when they say we're all cheaters and recruit thieves, or trailer trash, or when they accuse us of being arrogant. I'm one to believe that, yes... they are moreso rude than bearable, but definitely not the dirtiest crowd I've seen.

RooseveltRoughRider
8/31/2006, 11:16 PM
You actually CARE about the fans of different universities??
I just like football...fans play a very small if any part of it.

sooneron
8/31/2006, 11:27 PM
I actually blame the texas school system- the history of the great state of texico is hammered into the kids there (I know, I was there til 6th grade.) to the point of it being some sort of sense entitlement that these little spoiled pricks think that they are special and had something to do with it. Texas has some ****head history just like every other state (ask a comanche). They seem to think they are beyond reproach for some reason. Then these pricks show up in asstin where it's hammered into them (like something else that they enjoy being hammered with) and they really become pompous.

And no, I really don't "care" about fans of other schools, but I have to put up with them. That sounded like an admission, btw.

Duke o Brewery
8/31/2006, 11:32 PM
Whorn fans saying they are morally and ethically superior to Sooners is akin to Hitler saying the "Aryan" race is superior to the rest of the world. I'm frankly astounded that those sick, disgusting people would even entertain the concept that they have ANY moral superiority over ANYONE.

I know it sounds harsh, but I've heard that God hates texas :texan: .

:D

Blue
9/1/2006, 12:10 AM
OU football in 40 hours. Give it a rest Fan.

A Texas thread should be on page 4.

Sooner in Tampa
9/1/2006, 07:38 AM
It is NEVER too early to say Tuck Fexas!!!!

FU*^ those self rightous pricks!!!!!

RooseveltRoughRider
9/1/2006, 08:02 AM
I actually blame the texas school system- the history of the great state of texico is hammered into the kids there (I know, I was there til 6th grade.) to the point of it being some sort of sense entitlement that these little spoiled pricks think that they are special and had something to do with it. Texas has some ****head history just like every other state (ask a comanche). They seem to think they are beyond reproach for some reason. Then these pricks show up in asstin where it's hammered into them (like something else that they enjoy being hammered with) and they really become pompous.

And no, I really don't "care" about fans of other schools, but I have to put up with them. That sounded like an admission, btw.

Actually I have never really attended a Longhorns game in person so I can't really comment. Im a Television fan. I never real;ly could attend any games because I was either playing, or I was out of state or country with the military. Besides, high school football is #1 with me so I only watch College, but I have been a UT fan since a few of my former rivals (Priest Holmes & Wayne McGarity) played there. SO UT fans may be the pricks you speak of, I would be the last person to know. As far as the pompous comment, ALOT of Texans, I take that back MOST Texans are proud to be from Texas and would probably engage in an altercation even in defense of the State despite how silly that sounds. I would never be rude or look down on someone because they are from somewhere else though...

But UT fans (The die hards at the games) are probably people I would not even get along with and I am a Longhorn fan. Maybe I am not a TRUE Longhorn fan though... I think I cheer for any team from Texas or anyone I played with or against or anyone I have coached....and quite a few Sooners are on that list too. Im just a football fan period, not a psycho paint your face orange and throw the Hook Em sign (Which I have NEVER done). Nevertheless...I like UT.

BermudaSooner
9/1/2006, 08:05 AM
I can't believe I read 3 pages of that.

tbl
9/1/2006, 08:14 AM
The most pathetic thing is that they're trying to now nullify Stoops dominance of them by claiming he's cheating too... Also, they're flat refusal to admit that DKR ever recruited against the rules. Unbelievable...

TexasLidig8r
9/1/2006, 08:20 AM
And explain why other fans shouldn't think that horn fans in general are the most bigoted, hypocritical, pompous, judgemental fans in the world. Trash talking is one thing but these @ss wipes actually believe they are morally and ethically superior to OU fans. What's even funnier is the fact they actually believe nothing under the table goes on down in Austin.

Of course they also probably believe their wives were virgins when they met.

I really think the pompous-assed behavior of horn fans is a genetic defect....with strong environmental contributions.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=stands&Number=4443297&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=4&vc=1

I used to think whorn fans were elitist but to qualify as an elitist you have to really have something to feel superior about(money, intelligence, looks)......not just a bunch of bull **** cultish beliefs.

UT, it's a whole 'nother cult.

Fan.. on this board alone, in the past month, we have seen threads bashing the hell out of DKR with many posters accusing him of being at the very best racist, at the worst and reprehensible traitor... thread after thread bashing Vince (who, quite frankly, never really bad mouthed your program).. in this very thread there is a poster who insinuates Nazi like tendencies to UT fans... there is routinely overly broad generalization, fear mongering, irrational hatred, a complete lack of recognition of the talent of any athlete on any other team, a slavish admiration and defense for your former Coach Switzer while completely ignoring his self admitted foibles.

In short, at every major university, there will always be a clique of short sighted, self important people who give the university a bad name. Texas has its fair share.. Oklahoma has its fair share. However, a person cannot be completely blinded by those idiots and ignore the more well rounded fans, alums, residents.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/1/2006, 08:39 AM
Fan.. on this board alone, in the past month, we have seen threads bashing the hell out of DKR with many posters accusing him of being at the very best racist, at the worst and reprehensible traitor... thread after thread bashing Vince (who, quite frankly, never really bad mouthed your program).. in this very thread there is a poster who insinuates Nazi like tendencies to UT fans... there is routinely overly broad generalization, fear mongering, irrational hatred, a complete lack of recognition of the talent of any athlete on any other team, a slavish admiration and defense for your former Coach Switzer while completely ignoring his self admitted foibles.

In short, at every major university, there will always be a clique of short sighted, self important people who give the university a bad name. Texas has its fair share.. Oklahoma has its fair share. However, a person cannot be completely blinded by those idiots and ignore the more well rounded fans, alums, residents.

Come on, Lid. Irrational hatred is the cornerstone of college football fanaticism. How boring would it be if we didn't all hate each other on some level? I contend that if we didn't, you'd be over on the actual 'horn board, instead of this one.

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 10:08 AM
You actually CARE about the fans of different universities??
I just like football...fans play a very small if any part of it.

I disagree. I went to medical school with UT grads and they actually felt their education was superior to anyone else who attended another university. It wasn't so bad they felt this way but they weren't shy about expressing the opinion, either.

My younger brother had a UT student come talk to his highschool class who stated UT(over and over again) was superior to any othe college in Texas, also. Needless to say, the prinicpal who was a grad of Sul Ross said he would never invite another UT student to speak to his highschool again.

You know that deluded line of reasoning carries over into these creeps' professional and personal lifes to. It needs to be called what t is....bigotry.

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 10:14 AM

LID, bashing a single person, especially a head coach who is a very public person, is one thing. Bashing an entire state and group of people based on their common association with a program (and believing what you're saying) is entirely another thing. And I think you realize that.

And it's not the Unversity of Oklahoma that is the sole object of UT fan's bile. I've seen the same derogatory comments hurled at TT grad, TCU grad, Houston grads, on and on ad infinitum.

It's one thing to feel toy're superior but it takes a total lack of social graces and decency to continually express that feeling.

TexasLidig8r
9/1/2006, 10:17 AM
LID, bashing a single person, especially a head coach who is a very public person, is one thing. Bashing an entire state and group of people based on their common association with a program (and believing what you're saying) is entirely another thing. And I think you realize that.

Fan.. I agree with you 100% on that point. But.. isn't that same point continually beaten to death on this website? Granted, it is an Oklahoma website and bashing your rival is always in fashion, and should be, but when it carries over to all other aspects of that state and group of people, and it is not schtick...

JohnnyMack
9/1/2006, 10:28 AM
I think some people get too wrapped up in stuff that just doesn't matter.

Statalyzer
9/1/2006, 10:33 AM
Trash talking is one thing but these @ss wipes actually believe they are morally and ethically superior to OU fans.

Sounds like you think you are superior to UT fans. You whole post was a fan-superiority high-horse

What's even funnier is the fact they actually believe nothing under the table goes on down in Austin.

What's even funnier is the fact that nobody said that nothing illegal has ever happened in Austin, but you pulled out a straw man. We do believe is what the evidence supports: that the under the table the stuff happening in Austin was minor compared to the rampant, systematic under the table deals that Switzer and his cronies now readily admit to being a part of and seem to be, along with many OU fans, proud of.

JohnnyMack
9/1/2006, 10:40 AM
Switzer was 1) One of the best college football coaches evar and 2) was completely and totally unapologetic about the manner in which he behaved. Those two things combine to make him a villain in just about every opponents fanbase eyes.

I don't know if Switzer was any more or any less crooked than any other program in terms of paying players (I will admit having CT slanging coke was a wee bit over the line), he just isn't hypocritical about it.

What's that old saying about Baptists not recognizing each other in the liquor store?

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 10:45 AM
OU football in 40 hours. Give it a rest Fan.

A Texas thread should be on page 4.

Are you really so dense that you haven't grapsed the concept of not clicking on a thread that you might not like?

Or here's another suggestion: if you were unsure of the content but realized the thread, in you opinion, was not a worthy thread after reading it you could simply, oh I don't know, exit the thread and not return to it.

Are those really difficult concepts to grasp?

OH, BTW.......BITE ME!

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 10:46 AM
Sounds like you think you are superior to UT fans. You whole post was a fan-superiority high-horse

What's even funnier is the fact that nobody said that nothing illegal has ever happened in Austin, but you pulled out a straw man. We do believe is what the evidence supports: that the under the table the stuff happening in Austin was minor compared to the rampant, systematic under the table deals that Switzer and his cronies now readily admit to being a part of and seem to be, along with many OU fans, proud of.

Case closed.

Octavian
9/1/2006, 10:50 AM
If we wanna go turn this into a Switzer disucussion, let's start a new thread and take off the gloves....

As for assessing the horns, we're the last fanbase an unbiased observer would ask for a rational analyzation. And vice versa.

There's more than a century of antimosity between the two states that started before football even became popular. What happens in the Cotton Bowl is the American alternative to bombing the hell out of each other like those dumbasses in Middle East.

And yes, the culture in Texas does produce an over-inflated view of its own place in history and Texans (regardless of academic loyalty) themselves often possess a sense of entitlement that's unmatched anywhere in America.

As a result, God made them wear orange.

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 10:50 AM
Fan.. I agree with you 100% on that point. But.. isn't that same point continually beaten to death on this website? Granted, it is an Oklahoma website and bashing your rival is always in fashion, and should be, but when it carries over to all other aspects of that state and group of people, and it is not schtick...

Yes, but believe it or not people do have to deal with UT grads who believe this crap. I'm not saying every UT grad, or fan, behaves this way but it is a lot more pervasive attitude than I've encountered in any other group of college grads or fans.

The guilty UT fans' attitude goes way past just the give and take between college football rivals. I mean you really can't read the thread on hornfans.com and tell me that most of those posters don't have a real problem with their view of other people.

Octavian
9/1/2006, 10:57 AM
(I will admit having CT slanging coke was a wee bit over the line)

but Barry didn't have Charles deal coke.

CT was picked up for shop-lifting early in his career and Switzer almost kicked his *** off the team....he decided to give him a second chance and then Thompson decided to sell cocaine and rob Barry's house and still thousands of dollars worth of championship rings, guns, you name it.

Barry's biggest problem was often that he gave his players enough rope to hang themselves. And some of them did.

Dances with Possums
9/1/2006, 11:33 AM
I disagree. I went to medical school with UT grads and they actually felt their education was superior to anyone else who attended another university.

I disagree. I went to undergraduate and graduate school with thousands of UT grads and they didn't think that their education was superior to that of, say, Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Cal-Berkeley, and many others that I can think of. They did think it was superior to that of Oklahoma's ---- something that most neutral observers agree with.

As has been pointed out, on this very thread you have somebody drawing an analogy between Longhorn fans and Hitler and the Nazis. On Hornfans, one is not permitted to make that kind of analogy with fans of other schools.

C&CDean
9/1/2006, 11:34 AM
I tend to look at this whole thing a little differently.

To me, UT fans are simply the poster children for everything Texas. Think about it. All my life, even living in Colorado and Arizona, every time you heard anything about Texas - and especially if it was a Texan saying it - was "it's bigger, it's better, we're better than the USA and oughta be our own country, you're dumber, we're smarter, blah, blah, blah...."

So, UT fans do come by it honestly. They're brainwashed from birth to actually believe that spew. In the military I was surrounded by Texans. Arrogant, holier-than-thou *******s. Sure, there's good people from Texas, but the ones who actually believe the bull**** (and there's a whole bunch of them trust me) outnumber the good ones many times over.

The whole "why?" "we're Texas, that's why" thing is their mantra. And most of them are too dense/stupid/blinded by their own arrogance to realize they look and sound like fools.

And that is why it is so sweet to kick their buck-assed teeth into the back of their skulls in October. Everybody likes to see a pompous bully get their *** handed to them. Well, everybody except the pompous bully that is.

C&CDean
9/1/2006, 11:36 AM
As has been pointed out, on this very thread you have somebody drawing an analogy between Longhorn fans and Hitler and the Nazis. On Hornfans, one is not permitted to make that kind of analogy with fans of other schools.

Timeout there John. There's a whole lot of things you can't do on Katy's POS site that you can do here. Why? Cause we live in America, land of the free and home of the brave. We don't play the PC bull**** game you play over there. We're not blinded by our own arrogance.

I don't go for the nazi thing, but I also ain't gonna censor it. Hell man, I hate me a muslim. I bet I couldn't say that over there, could I?

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/1/2006, 11:43 AM
I disagree. I went to undergraduate and graduate school with thousands of UT grads and they didn't think that their education was superior to that of, say, Harvard & Pine School of Barbeque, Fred Sanford College of Junk Yard Management, Princes College of Musical Knowledge, and many others that I can think of..

Fixed..

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 11:49 AM
I disagree. I went to undergraduate and graduate school with thousands of UT grads and they didn't think that their education was superior to that of, say, Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Cal-Berkeley, and many others that I can think of. They did think it was superior to that of Oklahoma's ---- something that most neutral observers agree with.

What the hell are you talking about? There is no limit to the abuse that can be heaped upon non-horn fans on that site.

DWP, you may think you're being humerous. That's fine. UT fans' reputation for being pr*ckish snobs far outweighs any small , if any,academic postives you guys may have.

r5TPsooner
9/1/2006, 11:54 AM
I tend to look at this whole thing a little differently.

To me, UT fans are simply the poster children for everything Texas. Think about it. All my life, even living in Colorado and Arizona, every time you heard anything about Texas - and especially if it was a Texan saying it - was "it's bigger, it's better, we're better than the USA and oughta be our own country, you're dumber, we're smarter, blah, blah, blah...."

So, UT fans do come by it honestly. They're brainwashed from birth to actually believe that spew. In the military I was surrounded by Texans. Arrogant, holier-than-thou *******s. Sure, there's good people from Texas, but the ones who actually believe the bull**** (and there's a whole bunch of them trust me) outnumber the good ones many times over.

The whole "why?" "we're Texas, that's why" thing is their mantra. And most of them are too dense/stupid/blinded by their own arrogance to realize they look and sound like fools.

And that is why it is so sweet to kick their buck-assed teeth into the back of their skulls in October. Everybody likes to see a pompous bully get their *** handed to them. Well, everybody except the pompous bully that is.

This is my experience with them as well. My neighbor is a UT grad and while he's an OK fella your above post fits him in general. Also, i'm a God fearin Christian but I wouldn't exactly help him change a flat tire if I saw him on the side of the road during football season.:D

Plano UT
9/1/2006, 11:55 AM
What amazes me is the stereotyping on both sides of the table. OU gets lumped into the white trash stereo type because of the more down to earth redneck that lives in Oklahoma and roots for OU even though most of them never attended the University.

Texas gets lumped with the arrogant, hollier than thou mentality that most people from the state have towards other states and it is magnified by attending/rooting for the main school in the state. This mentality/stereotype has been with UT fans and alumni even when we were not good.

The rivalry is one of the bests for many reasons. The best that I can think of is the fact that both teams are by far two of the best football programs in the nation. Wins, winning percentage, national championships, heisman winners and a classic game every year between the two. Due to that rivalry, the stereotyping/namecalling/hatred is magnified to the level where we actually start threads to discuss it.

We hate Switzer for two reasons. He out played us most of the time and we feel he cheated to do it. Does that not mean that DKR/Akers/McWilliams weren't cheating as well? No. We just didn't flount it unapologetically like a badge of honor the way Switzer did. Switzer is the son of a convicted felon, white trash, unapologetic, rules breaking piece of @##$ who happended to be one of the best football coaches of all time.

On that note go back to trailer and root for your sooners ;)

OUmillenium
9/1/2006, 11:56 AM
Cut 'em some slack Fanin, their last AP (real) NC was right after we landed on the moon. They're giddy, and have zero frame of reference on how to handle being a football champion.

It's almost kind of fun watching them bump into the furniture and wrecking their cars in a cockeyed celebratory special olympic gold medal sort of fashion.

Well said, that's the kind of mental picture I consistently paint of whornfans.:texan:

Dances with Possums
9/1/2006, 12:00 PM
What the hell are you talking about? There is no limit to the abuse that can be heaped upon non-horn fans on that site.

Sorry, Dean and FaninAma, but Nazi analogies are forbidden on Hornfans.

From the posting rules:

Also, Nazi/Hitler references are inappropriate. Unless a person/group is actively committing genocide, such references are an insult to the memory of those who died in the Holocaust and as such are not allowed.

We bust people for it pretty frequently.

I do think it hilarious, though, that on a thread about how over-the-top Longhorn fans are on that particular thread, a Sooner comes up with the Hitler/Nazi thing.

Face it: there is absolutely no difference in any fanbase, anywhere. Any time you are talking about populations of several hundred thousand in a nation like the United States, there will be very little deviation from the mean.

You hate us. We hate you. You obsess over us. We obsess over you. You think that our last "real" national championship (whatever that means) was in 1969. We think that you have never won a national championship without cheating to get it.

And so it goes.

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 12:04 PM
What amazes me is the stereotyping on both sides of the table. OU gets lumped into the white trash stereo type because of the more down to earth redneck that lives in Oklahoma and roots for OU even though most of them never attended the University.

Texas gets lumped with the arrogant, hollier than thou mentality that most people from the state have towards other states and it is magnified by attending/rooting for the main school in the state. This mentality/stereotype has been with UT fans and alumni even when we were not good.

The rivalry is one of the bests for many reasons. The best that I can think of is the fact that both teams are by far two of the best football programs in the nation. Wins, winning percentage, national championships, heisman winners and a classic game every year between the two. Due to that rivalry, the stereotyping/namecalling/hatred is magnified to the level where we actually start threads to discuss it.

We hate Switzer for two reasons. He out played us most of the time and we feel he cheated to do it. Does that not mean that DKR/Akers/McWilliams weren't cheating as well? No. We just didn't flount it unapologetically like a badge of honor the way Switzer did. Switzer is the son of a convicted felon, white trash, unapologetic, rules breaking piece of @##$ who happended to be one of the best football coaches of all time.

On that note go back to trailer and root for your sooners ;)

Trash Switzer all you want. God knows the man has flaws. Just don't cross the line into the area of classifying all OU fans and residents of the state of Oklahoma as morally and ethically inferior to UT fans.

And if memory serves correctly, I think UT's football program was hit with a major infraction penalty about the same time OU's was. It just isn't as memorable because UT sucked at the time.

https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/LSDBi/LSDBi.MajorInfPackage.SearchAndDisplayList?p_Schoo l1=TEXAS-AUSTIN&p_School_Num1=703&p_School2=&p_School_Num2=&p_Case_Division=0&p_Date_Radio=1&p_Month1=JAN&p_Day1=1&p_Year1=1953&p_Month2=SEP&p_Day2=1&p_Year2=2006&p_Sport1=Any&p_SportAndOr_1=0&p_Sport2=Any&p_SportAndOr_2=0&p_Sport3=Any&p_TV_Penalty=10&p_Postseason_Penalty=10&p_Probation_Penalty=10&p_Division=0&p_bylaw_radio1=0&p_Bylaw=0&p_Article=&p_Contains_Clause1=1&p_SearchWords1=&p_Inword1=heading&p_Boolean1=and&p_Contains_Clause2=1&p_SearchWords2=&p_Inword2=heading&p_Boolean2=and&p_Contains_Clause3=1&p_SearchWords3=&p_Inword3=heading&p_Button=Go+Search

Kingwoodboomer
9/1/2006, 12:34 PM
Well guys, I live in Houston, and am surrounded by these pompus fans...and let me tell you they do act high and mighty. I can't tell you how many whorn fans have commented on the Bomar situation, but the funny thing is that he was just as highly recruited by Mic Brown. I can't wait for October!!!!!!!!!

Plano UT
9/1/2006, 12:46 PM
I didn't intend to trash Switzer. I was giving the stereotype that horn fans have towards him. And yes UT has cheated we just haven't had the MEGA blowout like other coaches/programs have i.e. Switzer and Sherrill.

The trash talking stereotype name calling is what makes the rivalry great. Where it gets lost is on fans that have no respect for the accomplishments of both programs.

Our hatred is no different than Auburn/Alabama or tOSU/Michigan. All six of our programs have great history and numbers to prove it yet we still make fun of each other and put each other down using any stereotype or incident (Bomar recently) that we can to rub it in the face of opposing hated team.

Now go clean out the septic tank and enjoy the labor day weekend and your game against UAB.

TexasLidig8r
9/1/2006, 12:50 PM
Timeout there John. There's a whole lot of things you can't do on Katy's POS site that you can do here. Why? Cause we live in America, land of the free and home of the brave. We don't play the PC bull**** game you play over there. We're not blinded by our own arrogance.

I don't go for the nazi thing, but I also ain't gonna censor it. Hell man, I hate me a muslim. I bet I couldn't say that over there, could I?

I have seen over time that <shudder> I tend to agree with the vast majority of your posts (albeit, more often than not on the South Oval site).. Yet.. there are definitely "sacred cows" on here. For example, information, facts or posts which raise any issues with Switzer are taboo and are a quick way to get banned.

Now I will certainly give you that you, Phil and the Mods on here are slower on the boot than most other sites and for the most part, you let the Sooner posters regulate and eventually chase off trolls.

However, all sites are going to naturally favor their own fans, Sooner posters are given much more leeway in terms of personal insults (again, perhaps deservedly so, after all it is your board, your rules, if we don't like it we don't have to come here)...

But.. there are definite "do's" and "don'ts" on here.

Kingwoodboomer
9/1/2006, 12:51 PM
Now go clean out the septic tank and enjoy the labor day weekend and your game against UAB.

There's the TU statements that we love to hate.

Plano UT
9/1/2006, 12:56 PM
There's the TU statements that we love to hate.

That was the reason it was there, to illustrate the fun of stereotypes and the crap we throw at each other. Most of the time it is good humor, it gets screwed up when it is thrown with venom. Be careful with that TU crap, Houston might be turning you a little aggie.

By the way, I own a septic tank but it is at my vacation home in the Rockies.

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/1/2006, 12:58 PM
Now go clean out the septic tank ....

I usually hire a UT grad to do that. :D

Blue
9/1/2006, 01:00 PM
Are you really so dense that you haven't grapsed the concept of not clicking on a thread that you might not like?

Or here's another suggestion: if you were unsure of the content but realized the thread, in you opinion, was not a worthy thread after reading it you could simply, oh I don't know, exit the thread and not return to it.

Are those really difficult concepts to grasp?

OH, BTW.......BITE ME!

Here's what I really wanted to say.... (regarding, "prickish snobs")

Pot meet Kettle, Doctor. I would think you would empathize with that mindset. You've only displayed your self-rightousness about 800 times on here.

OH BTW, Kiss my ***.

Doged
9/1/2006, 01:05 PM
Real white trash doesn't own a septic tank... we rent it, along with the trailer in front of it, and it's the landlord's job to clean out the dang thing. The '72 primer grey Ford pickup is, however, owned and paid for so keep yer hands off it.

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 01:18 PM
Here's what I really wanted to say.... (regarding, "prickish snobs")

Pot meet Kettle, Doctor. I would think you would empathize with that mindset. You've only displayed your self-rightousness about 800 times on here.

OH BTW, Kiss my ***.

You obviously don't grasp the concept of the post. Never in my life have I accused an entire group of people, including Horn fans(or even osu fans), of being intellectually, morally and ethically inferior to myself simply based on the facts of who they associate with or where they reside. This kind of behavior smacks of the old Jim Crow dogma that all blacks are lazy and stupid. I guess it's OK in your opinion for a large goup of people to continually infer that OU fans and Oklahoma residents are all stupid and dishonest?

I have criticized and will continue to criticize groups who characterize other groups of people as lacking the higher qualities that humans should have simply based on who they associate with or where they reside.

BTW, did you grasp either of the 2 concepts I tried to lay out for you? They're really quite simple and boil down to this even simpler concept: If you don't like my thread don't post on my thread, but don't tell me, in essence, to shut up.

Finally, as the old saying goes....pick a spot!

Plano UT
9/1/2006, 01:21 PM
I usually hire a UT grad to do that. :D

With the superior intelligence that goes with a UT diploma.......there is no way any of use could figure out how a septic tank works.

turkey123
9/1/2006, 01:23 PM
Superior intelligence? You mean stuff like getting tattoos of your bestfriend on your ankle so you can be best friends forever? Ghey...

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/1/2006, 01:26 PM
With the superior intelligence that goes with a UT diploma.......there is no way any of use could figure out how a septic tank works.

I think its pretty simple. Whorns go into the tank and settle to the bottom...

JohnnyMack
9/1/2006, 01:38 PM
I think Fan has been drinking the gdc Kool-Aid.

FaninAma
9/1/2006, 01:47 PM
I think Fan has been drinking the gdc Kool-Aid.

gdc's intense dislike of horn fans is well founded. I differ in the fact that I will vent only after I've read or had to put up with a significant amount of their garbage and the Bomar incident more than exceeded that limit.

BTW I don't agree with those who think all liberals are mentally ill, either. :cool:

Kingwoodboomer
9/1/2006, 01:47 PM
By the way, I own a septic tank but it is at my vacation home in the Rockies.

And there is the arogance...boy you really know how to show your true colors :)

JohnnyMack
9/1/2006, 01:54 PM
gdc's intense dislike of horn fans is well founded. I differ in the fact that I will vent only after I've read or had to put up with a significant amount of their garbage and the Bomar incident more than exceeded that limit.

BTW I don't agree with those who think all liberals are mentally ill, either. :cool:

If gdc asks you to buy some crimson and cream Nikes and to come over for a reading of "What it means to be a Sooner", run the other way. :D

GDC
9/1/2006, 03:31 PM
I think some people get too wrapped up in stuff that just doesn't matter.

I think some people need to MYOB and not drag my name into anything when they don't know the whole story.

rogcoley
9/2/2006, 03:27 PM
You only know the Texas fans you’re friends with or actually meet, capiche? You can lump them into a single category, as you could any fan base and it will never be accurate. All schools have their mongoloid idiot on a chain fans. They hate us, we hate them and it works for all of us, unless someone gets physical. How different is Texas from Oklahoma. They stole more land form the local indigenous personnel than we did and that’s about it. What’s for them to feel superior about anyway? When Callahan said we were a bunch of f**kin’ hillbillies, my response was “so what’s your point?” I’m from Ponca City and live in Keller TX. There is nary an inch difference between the two places, except I support the righteous Oklahoma Sooners and they make the mistake of not following my lead. I hope they don’t care that I don’t care and they shouldn’t take it so hard when I tell them they suck.