PDA

View Full Version : Union high gets

4everasooner
8/31/2006, 10:08 PM
to play on fsnw in az vs some #1 team from bama tomorrow? sweet. I'll be watching. how about you.

Sooner_Bob
8/31/2006, 10:10 PM
I'd imagine we'll get it here in OK on our FSN station too.

So yeah, I'll probably try to watch some of it.

All_Day_28
8/31/2006, 10:36 PM
yeah I just checked.. it comes on FSN @ 7:30 in the pm.

Blue
9/1/2006, 12:16 AM
Hoover, Al. And Union will get beat.

PAW
9/1/2006, 09:26 AM
Hoover, Al. And Union will get beat.

Yep. I know this guy who went there and according to him, Hoover is Jenks squared. From what I've heard about Union this year, they ain't as good as previous years. We'll see.

Hoover only got runner-up in '01, slackers.

Hoover Bucs (http://www.hooverbuc.com/)

JonnyRed
9/1/2006, 09:31 AM
MTV approaches Union about reality series
By BARRY LEWIS World Sports Writer
9/1/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

Union coach and athletic director Kevin Wright said he was approached by MTV to have his football team be the subject for a second season of the reality series, "Two-a-Days."

"Two-a-Days," which made its debut last week, chronicles the 2005 season of Hoover, which is Union's season-opening opponent on Friday.

"We were selected to follow Hoover, but everything was put on hold," Wright said. "MTV wanted to see what the ratings were for the series before proceeding."

However, it's unlikely Union will be involved if MTV does a second season of "Two-a-Days."

"I doubt it now that I've seen the final product," Wright said. "It's fun to watch, but I thought it would be more football-focused instead of what goes on off the field. But it is MTV, which does aim its programming at teenagers with reality shows like 'Laguna Beach.' "

MTV reportedly is considering doing a second season of "Two-a-Days," with Hoover again or focusing on a high school team in another sport.

soonersam
9/1/2006, 11:59 AM
I cant believe I'm going to get to watch MY high School Play on TV here in AZ

OUmillenium
9/1/2006, 12:23 PM
It was a crazy year in sports last year...
UT winning MNC, Union winning a state football championship, Pittsburg Steelers, Chicago White Sox, Miami Heat, jeez when will the lunacy end?!? ;>

That's another Trojan...FIRST DOWN!(crowd yelling in unison)

Flagstaffsooner
9/1/2006, 12:27 PM
I cant believe I'm going to get to watch MY high School Play on TV here in AZHell, If they show Not A University on Thursday why not a Tulsa high school on Friday?

Blue
9/1/2006, 12:52 PM
Hoover only got runner-up in '01, slackers.

Hoover Bucs (http://www.hooverbuc.com/)

My alma mater won in 01'. Daphne Trojans. Hoover has beaten us like 3 out of 4 in the finals though.

UABinBHM
9/1/2006, 09:36 PM
How yall liking Hoover? :D

Octavian
9/1/2006, 09:49 PM
Union got stuffed at the GL and got a FG blocked in the first quarter.

Can't do that against a squad as good as this Hoover team and hope to win.

Their little quarterback is really impressive.

UABinBHM
9/1/2006, 09:50 PM
Union got stuffed at the GL and got a FG blocked in the first quarter.

Can't do that against a squad as good as this Hoover team and hope to win.

Their little quarterback is really impressive.

Funny thing... as good as he is, he's probably going to end up playing baseball at UAT.

mrowl
9/1/2006, 09:51 PM
Union is getting destroyed. Southlake would beat them by 60.

UABinBHM
9/1/2006, 09:52 PM
Union is getting destroyed. Southlake would beat them by 60.

There's a reason Hoover's beating them like they are... they're #1 in the nation.

mrowl
9/1/2006, 09:55 PM
There's a reason Hoover's beating them like they are... they're #1 in the nation.

Southlake is #7, and would destroy both of these teams.

bringit
9/1/2006, 10:07 PM
The Drednaughts from Lakeland, FL, would destroy Southlake, Hoover, Union, Jenks, et al

Right OUinFLA?

mdklatt
9/1/2006, 10:16 PM
There's a reason Hoover's beating them like they are... they're freaking loaded.

;)

mrowl
9/1/2006, 10:29 PM
The Drednaughts from Lakeland, FL, would destroy Southlake, Hoover, Union, Jenks, et al

Right OUinFLA?

nope. Lakeland hasn't won 3 state titles in a row.

Indy Sooner
9/2/2006, 08:44 AM
nope. Lakeland hasn't won 3 state titles in a row.

There is not a credible ranking with Southlake ahead of Hoover, Lakeland, et al. Furthermore, Southlake isn't even regarded as the best HS team in Texas by most:

http://calpreps.com/2006/polls_view.htm

Southlake is certainly an above average HS squad, however...