PDA

View Full Version : College Football Kickoff Special....

Geekboy
8/31/2006, 06:46 PM
on ESPN. Mark May making Granny Clampett look like an idiot when analyzing some of the teams this year.

May slamming Notre Dame and Florida that Holtz just praised. May holding up a Kook Aid packet! Hysterical!

Desert Sapper
8/31/2006, 06:48 PM
Here we go with the 'african american coaches' argument. Blech! I have no problem with black head coaches. I just have a problem with the suggestion that it's because they are black that they aren't being hired. It shouldn't be about some feel good about yourself for hiring the black guy thing. It should be about potential and track record. There are successful black assistants across the board. It's a matter of time before there are more and successful black head coaches. How about BEST MAN FOR THE JOB?

CatfishSooner
8/31/2006, 07:42 PM
Here we go with the 'african american coaches' argument. Blech! I have no problem with black head coaches. I just have a problem with the suggestion that it's because they are black that they aren't being hired. It shouldn't be about some feel good about yourself for hiring the black guy thing. It should be about potential and track record. There are successful black assistants across the board. It's a matter of time before there are more and successful black head coaches. How about BEST MAN FOR THE JOB?

I Totally agree.

Scott D
8/31/2006, 08:30 PM

you can't possibly tell me that some of these retread coaches are 'the best man for the job'.

Desert Sapper
8/31/2006, 08:39 PM
you can't possibly tell me that some of these retread coaches are 'the best man for the job'.

I'm not saying that at all. Not every school does a good job of finding a coaching hire. I'm just saying the argument of 'not enough african american head coaches' is a tired argument. There are great coordinators right now that just so happen to be black. There are more white guys coaching, period. OBVIOUSLY, there will be a disproportionate number of white guys as head coaches. That doesn't mean people should go out of their way to hire black coaches. It also doesn't mean people shouldn't hire WELL QUALIFIED black head coaches (hence my best man for the job comment). Schools are just less apt to do so now, because the 'hire a black coach at all costs' attitude has led to some major disasters (I shouldn't have to mention which one I think is the biggest). I can see why Mark May would be a proponent for it. I just happen to disagree with him.

mrowl
8/31/2006, 08:42 PM
did May just say that chizik is undefeated since nov of 03?

didn't OU beat texas in 04? Or was I dreaming?

Harry Beanbag
8/31/2006, 08:43 PM
did May just say that chizik is undefeated since nov of 03?

didn't OU beat texas in 04? Or was I dreaming?

He was at Auburn in '04.

Geekboy
8/31/2006, 08:47 PM
Holtz is either drunk or had a stroke. He is slurring wildly!!!!

Wishboned
8/31/2006, 08:51 PM
Holtz is either drunk or had a stroke. He is slurring wildly!!!!

His false teeth are loose.

DoubleDown
8/31/2006, 10:11 PM
He was at Auburn in '04.
Are you sure about that? I seem to remember Chizik having a few words about the Sooner faithful as he ran off the field in `04.

goingoneight
8/31/2006, 10:28 PM
I think Holtschz ishz picksching Florida to play the Irisch for the Naschtional schampionship-puh game. It'sch jusht kinda hard to undershtand him at timesh.

CORNholio
8/31/2006, 10:35 PM
I think Holtschz ishz picksching Florida to play the Irisch for the Naschtional schampionship-puh game. It'sch jusht kinda hard to undershtand him at timesh.
Haaaaaahaahaa

melbitoast
8/31/2006, 10:42 PM
Are you sure about that? I seem to remember Chizik having a few words about the Sooner faithful as he ran off the field in `04.

Positive. Chizik was with Auburn in '04 (13-0) with win over VT in Sugar Bowl (i believe).

Harry Beanbag
8/31/2006, 10:47 PM

Heh. That was Greg Robinson. :texan:

Paperclip
8/31/2006, 11:03 PM
Heh. That was Greg Robinson. :texan:

Indeed.

"We'll be back!" And by "we" he meant "they".

jwlynn64
9/1/2006, 12:30 AM
When's the last time we got beat by a coach? Maybe if it was Ditka... ;)

Desert Sapper
9/1/2006, 12:38 AM
When's the last time we got beat by a coach?

Can you say....Boo Blake?

Scott D
9/1/2006, 02:15 AM
I'm not saying that at all. Not every school does a good job of finding a coaching hire. I'm just saying the argument of 'not enough african american head coaches' is a tired argument. There are great coordinators right now that just so happen to be black. There are more white guys coaching, period. OBVIOUSLY, there will be a disproportionate number of white guys as head coaches. That doesn't mean people should go out of their way to hire black coaches. It also doesn't mean people shouldn't hire WELL QUALIFIED black head coaches (hence my best man for the job comment). Schools are just less apt to do so now, because the 'hire a black coach at all costs' attitude has led to some major disasters (I shouldn't have to mention which one I think is the biggest). I can see why Mark May would be a proponent for it. I just happen to disagree with him.

I know what you're saying. My problem with the way things are is that the opportunities legitimately aren't there. What I'm afraid of with college football is legacy coaches pulling a Bob Knight/Eddie Sutton and being 'allowed' to handpick their successor. I honestly wouldn't be surprized to see Gerry DiNardo end up a head coach again before Randy Shannon (Miami) gets his first opportunity...and you can't tell me that DiNardo is a good head coach in any way. Hell he makes Boo look like a decent hire. I think eventually the numbers will change, but will it be sooner or later.

Readyfor8
9/1/2006, 02:34 AM
I guess if you look at the stats and think that the vast disparity between Black Head Coaches and Black Assistant Coaches is ok, thats your right. Its also your right to ignore fact and present what you think, based on absolutly no evidence.

According to an NCAA study, 21.2 percent of assistants and 16.6 percent of graduate assistants are black. In a sense, these numbers support the idea that the pool of minority candidates is small. However, those sheer numbers translate to a sizable pool. In 2000, there were 251 black coaches at varying levels. In a survey done by Hill, 8.2 percent of black coaches had interviewed for head coaching positions while 34.4 percent of 889 white respondents had.

In the entire history of Division I-A football, there have only been 17 black head coaches. Of 348 head coaching vacancies between 1982 and 2002, 17 -- or 5 percent -- went to blacks.

Many many studies have been done on this, and considering the ammount of Assistant Coaches that happen to be black that don't move on to the next level or even get a shot at the next level I think the stats are in. If you want to ignore those stats, thats your right, but it is a really short sighted and myopic view.

Desert Sapper
9/1/2006, 03:15 AM
The disparity is there, no doubt, but it's being exaggerated for the benefit of the study. Data is data, but it can be manipulated to represent things a certain way. Look at the numbers again. 21.2% of assistants and 16.6% of GAs are black across the entire NCAA (meaning D-IA-DIII). That 251 man talent pool isn't just in D-IA. When was the last time an assistant outside of D-IA was picked for a head-coaching vacancy in D-IA? There are certainly some assistants out there that are ready to be head coaches. There are also a majority that are not (and that goes for the white and black ones). Pressing the race issue again and again is not helping those black coordinators (not position coaches or GAs, COORDINATORS) that are ready to be head coaches. It is hamstringing them, IMO. Let them compete for jobs on their merits. Trying to apply affirmative action rules to a highly selective and very high-profile vocation (where there is an excrutiatingly high performance expectation and turnover rate) is naive to say the least, IMO. ADs get paid to make coaching hires, but judging them for more than the performance of their selection is racist at the other extreme. I want to see successful black head coaches, not an arbitrary number imposed for the sake of 'equality'.

Readyfor8
9/1/2006, 04:51 AM
The disparity is there, no doubt, but it's being exaggerated for the benefit of the study. Data is data, but it can be manipulated to represent things a certain way. Look at the numbers again. 21.2% of assistants and 16.6% of GAs are black across the entire NCAA (meaning D-IA-DIII). That 251 man talent pool isn't just in D-IA. When was the last time an assistant outside of D-IA was picked for a head-coaching vacancy in D-IA? There are certainly some assistants out there that are ready to be head coaches. There are also a majority that are not (and that goes for the white and black ones). Pressing the race issue again and again is not helping those black coordinators (not position coaches or GAs, COORDINATORS) that are ready to be head coaches. It is hamstringing them, IMO. Let them compete for jobs on their merits. Trying to apply affirmative action rules to a highly selective and very high-profile vocation (where there is an excrutiatingly high performance expectation and turnover rate) is naive to say the least, IMO. ADs get paid to make coaching hires, but judging them for more than the performance of their selection is racist at the other extreme. I want to see successful black head coaches, not an arbitrary number imposed for the sake of 'equality'.

Ok I was being nice in the first post, but you are showing your retardation now. How can you argue with 17 Headcoaches in the entire history of the NCAA (as of 2002) and say that black head coaches get a fair shake? They are competing on their merits and they get consistantly overlooked. Players become assistants who become coaches, and you think that magically white players make this transition at a 30%+ rate and black players can't make that jump because why?

I'll even go so far as say throw out pre 1982 (first D1 Black Head Coach) what is the rate of Black to White players since then? I'd venture 60%+ and I think thats generous, since then only 17 Black Men have made it to Head Coach at a Div1 School.

The "arbitary number" mentioned above shows your truely ignorant attitude toward this situation. The problem isn't that AD's don't hire unqualified candidates, reread the post above, it's because they aren't even getting interviewed. How can you say they aren't qualified when they aren't even getting interviewed? You can't argue with statistics, and I think you need to learn the difference between NCAA and NAACP because the NCAA isn't skewing anything toward black coaches.

Desert Sapper
9/1/2006, 05:42 AM
I know what you're saying. My problem with the way things are is that the opportunities legitimately aren't there.

I fully understand that, and I want to see that trend change, too. I'm just not convinced that the disparity is because of their skin color. HCs come from the ranks of coordinators, from the NFL, or from other HC jobs. The last source should be eliminated for obvious reasons (we're talking HC hiring issues, so HC to HC would be irrelevant). There are far fewer black than white coordinators across the board in the NCAA. Given how difficult it is to find the right coordinator to make a great HC and the pressure ADs are under to find the right guy, it's almost a given that fewer black coordinators (there are less anyway) would be interviewed, and not all of them that are interviewed would be selected. There are far fewer black than white coaches in the NFL. This would tend to present the same issue.

My problem is not with the argument that there are woefully few black head coaches. That much is fact. It's that there is no reasonable solution. You can't make black players want to become GAs and assistant coaches. You can't force ADs to select black head coaches (that would be hypocritical).

I think there are some excellent coordinators out there (South Carolina's DC looked pretty good against MSU last night) that happen to be black. I think the increase in black coordinators will eventually lead to an increase in HCs. That just logically makes sense. ADs can't afford, especially with the pressure to win win win in major college football, to overlook black coordinators that clearly separate themselves from the pack. It just wouldn't be in their best interests.

I just don't agree with Mark May that it needs to be said again and again that there aren't enough black HCs. We know. It's not solving anything to press the race issue. If anything, it's going to lead to some less qualified candidates being hired and damaging the reputation of black HCs. This only leads to clowns that don't want to see black HCs having something to point at and say, 'see?'. If Mark wants to do something, he needs to start promoting some of the excellent black coordinators out there. He is a media voice. If he actually were to do his homework, he could very easily secure future jobs for some qualified black coaches. I'm just not sure Mark is willing to do that.

Doged
9/1/2006, 05:50 AM
it's because they aren't even getting interviewed. How can you say they aren't qualified when they aren't even getting interviewed?

Between 1982 and 2002, how many black coaches applied for D1 jobs and how many of those were interviewed? What is the ratio of black players versus white/asian/indian/samoan/hispanic/etc players who apply for GA jobs to even start a coaching career? How many asian head coaches were interviewed in that time span? How many arabic coaches were interviewed?

It's easy to get fired up over vague numbers thrown out by someone with an agenda, but it makes more sense to see the numbers for yourself. There may in fact be a problem, but going strictly off interview numbers to state it is misleading one way or the other no matter how you state your position. If 10 white coaches and no black coaches show interest in becoming the new head coach at Pudnucker U, I can assure you someone, somewhere is going to bash them for not interviewing any black coaches for the job.

Readyfor8
9/1/2006, 06:21 AM
Between 1982 and 2002, how many black coaches applied for D1 jobs and how many of those were interviewed? What is the ratio of black players versus white/asian/indian/samoan/hispanic/etc players who apply for GA jobs to even start a coaching career? How many asian head coaches were interviewed in that time span? How many arabic coaches were interviewed?

It's easy to get fired up over vague numbers thrown out by someone with an agenda, but it makes more sense to see the numbers for yourself. There may in fact be a problem, but going strictly off interview numbers to state it is misleading one way or the other no matter how you state your position. If 10 white coaches and no black coaches show interest in becoming the new head coach at Pudnucker U, I can assure you someone, somewhere is going to bash them for not interviewing any black coaches for the job.

You are a moron, we don't build programs on 60%+ arabic athletes. Arabic players aren't nearly as commonplace as black players. There are black Assistant Coaches out there, but they don't get interviewed for HC'ing jobs.

Facts are helpful here are a few.

Roughly 17% of the American Population is of African decent.

"According to an NCAA study, 21.2 percent of assistants and 16.6 percent of graduate assistants are black. In a sense, these numbers support the idea that the pool of minority candidates is small. However, those sheer numbers translate to a sizable pool. In 2000, there were 251 black coaches at varying levels. In a survey done by Hill, 8.2 percent of black coaches had interviewed for head coaching positions while 34.4 percent of 889 white respondents had."

Black GA's match the percentage roughly to that of the population at large.

Black Assistants are 22% of the population which just like Black Athletes is above the population at large.

All of these stats are taken from the following article.

Number of black head football coaches low; some blame hiring
By Hannah Gordon Daily Bruin

LOS ANGELES (U-WIRE) -- Every February the accomplishments of blacks in sports -- trailblazers like former Bruins Arthur Ashe and Jackie Robinson, and football players like the NFL's Marion Motley and college football player Chester Pierce -- draw attention.

But look just to the right of the gridiron, to the sideline where men in headsets run the show and the picture remains surprisingly pallid.

Despite the fact that black players compose a majority of Division I-A football, blacks hold only four of 117 Division I-A head coaching positions. On Dec. 19, UCLA's Karl Dorrell joined Notre Dame's Tyrone Willingham, San Jose State's Fitz Hill and New Mexico State's Tony Samuel to form a fraternity they would prefer was a little less exclusive.

"I think the opportunities are getting better and I've proved that this year," Dorrell said.

Although awareness has grown over the past few years, it took the success of Willingham last season to focus national attention on the issue. The former Stanford coach made news when he became the first black coach of any sport at Notre Dame. He then surprised the nation by taking the mediocre but storied 5-6 program in 2001 "back to glory" at 10-2 last year.

Yet change has been slow in coming. Dorrell's hire brought the count back to four, the same as it was in 2002 before Michigan State's Bobby Williams was fired.

"If we average one more hire a year, it will get better because there is so much attention on it," Dorrell said. "I think progress is when, hopefully next year, there are five instead of four, then six, then seven. My goal is progress."

"If it continues to stay at four, obviously we are not getting that point across," he added.

Thus far, that point has clearly been lost. In the entire history of Division I-A football, there have only been 17 black head coaches. Of 348 head coaching vacancies between 1982 and 2002, 17 -- or 5 percent -- went to blacks, according to the research of Hill, who did his doctoral thesis on the issue.

The statistics have not improved either. Between 1996 and 2002, six of 109 positions went to blacks, or roughly the same 5 percent.

The picture does not get any prettier at the Division I-AA level where there are no black head coaches at 103 non-historically black colleges.

"Awareness is the biggest issue," Dorrell added. "Now it is on the table. They are starting to build regulations on it within our profession."

According to an NCAA study, 21.2 percent of assistants and 16.6 percent of graduate assistants are black. In a sense, these numbers support the idea that the pool of minority candidates is small. However, those sheer numbers translate to a sizable pool. In 2000, there were 251 black coaches at varying levels. In a survey done by Hill, 8.2 percent of black coaches had interviewed for head coaching positions while 34.4 percent of 889 white respondents had.

"I think one of the biggest issues is familiarity," said UCLA offensive assistant Jon Embree, who is black. "The people that do the hiring aren't familiar with the candidates. Second, until recently, lack of African-Americans in the position hasn't been highlighted."

Embree went on to point out the most troublesome challenge to equal opportunity: the fact that the hiring process is entirely subjective.

"Things need to be equal," Embree continued, "[Current Washington and former Colorado head coach] Rick Neuheisel didn't need to be a coordinator [to become a head coach]. But if Karl Dorrell hadn't been a coordinator, would he have gotten the opportunity?"

UCLA running backs coach Eric Bieniemy echoes Embree's sentiments.

"I do think you have to get your first start. Black Americans don't have head coaching experience," Bieniemy said.

As a result, the same pool of head coaches is recycled. Yet the recycling process seems to color code as well. The NFL's first black head coach, Art Shell, has never been offered another head coaching position since his run with the Oakland Raiders from 1989-1994, where he had a 56-41 record and three playoff appearances.

"If you are a black head coach, it is best that you perform," Bieniemy said. "Or suffer the consequences."

The NFL has employed five black head coaches in the history of the league. Art Shell, Dennis Green, Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards and Ray Rhodes have advanced to the playoffs 20 times in 29 full seasons.

As Black History Month draws to a close, NFL teams have hired one black coach, Marvin Lewis at Cincinnati, joining Edwards of the New York Jets and Dungy of the Indianapolis Colts as the only current black head coaches in the league. February also saw the controversial hiring process of the Detroit Lions, who plucked former 49ers coach Steve Mariucci. According to current NFL guidelines, teams must interview a minority candidate during their search.

"The Detroit Lions gave mere lip service to the agreed-upon minority hiring process, treating it almost as if a nuisance to their hiring of Mariucci," NFL Players Association Executive Director Gene Upshaw said in a statement. "The minority candidates were never given a fair chance to interview."

"A lot of times with black head coaches, you get one chance," Embree said about the situation at the college level. "If you don't make it, you don't get to be like [Arizona coach] John Mackovic and have four or five chances."

UCLA's staff is aware that there's pressure to perform well for the school and to open the kind of opportunities for others that Willingham had opened for them.

"The success of Tyrone Willingham helped Karl Dorrell out a great deal," Bieniemy said.

The mystery remains why blacks are so underrepresented as coaches in football and not basketball. In the NBA, 34 percent of coaches are black compared to 10 percent of NFL coaches. However, the very fact that the situation is different may give hope that change is possible.

"I don't know what the issue is in football," Bieniemy said. "There are plenty of black males playing the game so you'd think you could find a coach."

"It makes no sense."

One would think that the shear numbers game would find more Black head coaches in the college ranks. Presently at every level, high schools to the NFL, black athletes dominate the sport. Yet there are few black coaches at the top level of Division I football schools. Are black athletes that do not make it in the NFL just not seeking coaching jobs? Could the numbers be quickly whittled by the fact that a low percentage of college players that earn degrees and graduate? Most college coaches have college degrees.

Many of the college stars jump early to the NFL and never finish their college eligibility or education. Making it in the NFL carries a fat salary - fatter than a starting salary for coaching at any level. If they continue to play in the bigtime for a number of years, the odds are they will never go back and earn that degree which obviously would make them more marketable even for a coaching job. One would assume that this considerably pares the numbers of potential black coaches.

A large number of college stars will never make it to the NFL, but likewise will leave school after their playing days are over and never graduate. This is very sad and again cuts the number of possible black coaches. All of this can be said for white players as well, but remember there is a much higher percentage of black players in college. All college athletes have to remain eligible by passing a minimum number of hours each semester. Courses that would prepare them for teaching and coaching may not be the ones that can keep them eligible.

How does the college coaching game work anyway? For almost ever the route to college coaching is: Player, graduate, get on at some school as a graduate assistant maybe for two/three years, get hired as a fulltime assistant, become a defensive or offensive coordinator, hope your team wins enough to gain attention, then get on the "short lists" as a head coaching prospect, gain lots of luck. Very, very, very few ever make the transition from high school to college. The college coaching community is a fairly closed one. Even within itself few move up. You rarely see a Division III head coach move to I-AA or I-A.

What about from the athletics director's perspective? The job of an AD at a major school is to attract head coaches who will produce winning records and fill stadium seats. A spinoff is donor support and national recognition, which then keeps the cycle of success going. More often than not, the AD's job may depend on the hires he makes. The top 40 or so bigtime football programs will go after a proven head coach at another top school when a vacancy happens. Armed with the ability to offer a multimillion dollar contract and more perks that you can shake a stick at, the AD goes after the best there is. Some he cannot approch because his school cannot match the deal a particular coach already has. With the goals of the one's already mentioned along with demanding a "clean" program (and a clean resume), the AD has to be color blind. That AD is going after the best he can afford. One thing he isn't going to do is offer the job to someone because of the color of his skin!

DoubleDown
9/1/2006, 07:06 AM
Indeed.

"We'll be back!" And by "we" he meant "they".

You're right. My mistake. I get all those :texan: mixed up.

Doged
9/1/2006, 07:16 AM
Here's another study on the subject.. note that the posits come from the abstract of the study, not an "article".

Despite the predominance of Black athletes in much of collegiate athletics today, Black coaches constitute a small proportion of the total coaching population. To this end, we posited that the deficiency could be attributed to the notion that Black coaches leave the profession sooner than do White coaches. In taking an institutional theory perspective, the purpose of this study was to examine possible differences between Black and White assistant coaches for affective occupational commitment and intent to leave the coaching profession. Results of multiple hierarchical regression analyses indicate that normative isomorphic pressures are significant predictors of professional socialization, which in turn predicts commitment to the profession. Finally, there is an inverse relationship between affective occupational commitment and intent to leave the profession. Findings from the study supported the theory to explain the paucity of Black coaches in the NCAA by demonstrating that the deficit could be attributed to the fact that more Black coaches intend to leave the profession than do White coaches. This is true regardless of the fact that Black coaches perceived greater professional socialization than Whites and similar feelings of affective commitment. Implications and directions for future research are discussed.

The study was commissioned by the NCAA and published in International Review for the Sociology of Sport, Vol. 36, No. 2, 131-148.

There's a few thousand ways to approach this topic and I seriously doubt we're going to solve it here on SF.com. The last two sentences of your source document serve to undermine your own arguement, though.

That AD is going after the best he can afford. One thing he isn't going to do is offer the job to someone because of the color of his skin!

INGRAM1
9/1/2006, 09:39 AM
I WISH THAT THERE WERE STUDIES DONE. THE STUDIES SHOULD ASK THE PLAYERS WHETHER RACE IS AN ISSUE OR NOT. I AM SURE THAT SOME WOULD SAY YES AND OTHER NO BUT THE POINT WOULD BE, WOULD YOU PLAY FOR A MINORITY COACH WHO IS COMING OFF A 1 AND 12 YEAR VERSUS A TEAM COACHED BY A WHITE GUY AND COMING OFF A 9 AND 3 RECORD. THE WHITE COACH ALSO WON THREE BOWL GAMES WHILE THE BLACK COACH HAS WON NOTHING. THEY HAD BOTH BEEN COACHING FOR 7 YEARS AT THE SAME SCHOOLS. WHO ARE THE PLAYERS GOING TO PLAY FOR? YOU COULD ALSO REVERSE THIS AND PUT THE BLACK MAN AHEAD. I DO NOT THINK THAT COLOR OF SKIN MATTERS AS MUCH TODAY AS IT DID YEARS AGO. IF I WERE A PLAYER I WOULD GO TO THE SCHOOL WITH THE BEST CHANCE OF WINNING. IF A BLACK COACH IS INTERVIEWED AND WINS THE JOB, THEN GREAT, SOMETHING FOR A WHITE COACH, STOP MAKING THIS A RACE ISSUE. IT IS NOT ONE, IT IS SIMPLY WHO IS THE BEST QUALIFIED.

OUmillenium
9/1/2006, 12:33 PM
Ty Willingham coming to OU for Game 2

r5TPsooner
9/1/2006, 02:04 PM
I thinketh that Mark May is becoming more dilusional than Corso is.

Abby12
9/1/2006, 03:36 PM

Funny how the best man for the job always turns out be the white boy when up against a minority...uh huh!

Landthief 1972
9/1/2006, 03:57 PM
I WISH THAT THERE WERE STUDIES DONE. THE STUDIES SHOULD ASK THE PLAYERS WHETHER RACE IS AN ISSUE OR NOT. I AM SURE THAT SOME WOULD SAY YES AND OTHER NO BUT THE POINT WOULD BE, WOULD YOU PLAY FOR A MINORITY COACH WHO IS COMING OFF A 1 AND 12 YEAR VERSUS A TEAM COACHED BY A WHITE GUY AND COMING OFF A 9 AND 3 RECORD. THE WHITE COACH ALSO WON THREE BOWL GAMES WHILE THE BLACK COACH HAS WON NOTHING. THEY HAD BOTH BEEN COACHING FOR 7 YEARS AT THE SAME SCHOOLS. WHO ARE THE PLAYERS GOING TO PLAY FOR? YOU COULD ALSO REVERSE THIS AND PUT THE BLACK MAN AHEAD. I DO NOT THINK THAT COLOR OF SKIN MATTERS AS MUCH TODAY AS IT DID YEARS AGO. IF I WERE A PLAYER I WOULD GO TO THE SCHOOL WITH THE BEST CHANCE OF WINNING. IF A BLACK COACH IS INTERVIEWED AND WINS THE JOB, THEN GREAT, SOMETHING FOR A WHITE COACH, STOP MAKING THIS A RACE ISSUE. IT IS NOT ONE, IT IS SIMPLY WHO IS THE BEST QUALIFIED.

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT US? IS YOUR CAPS LOCK BROKEN?

Harry Beanbag
9/1/2006, 04:03 PM
WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT US? IS YOUR CAPS LOCK BROKEN?

Looks like it's working fine to me.