PDA

View Full Version : If it were your kid...

8/31/2006, 02:15 PM
Would you do the same?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/31/neighbor.stabbing.ap/index.html

Dad killed neighbor thought to have molested 2 year old girl

Hatfield
8/31/2006, 02:17 PM
wondered when this would show up over here.

horrible story.

jk the sooner fan
8/31/2006, 02:21 PM
remember the guy in denver that shot the man that molested his child at point blank range in the airport, as the marshals were coming off the plane

he wasnt indicted - grand jury let him go

swift justice - its hard when your kid has to go thru something like that

mrowl
8/31/2006, 02:21 PM
holee crap.

1stTimeCaller
8/31/2006, 02:22 PM
I don't have kids so I can't really say what I would do. But if it is found out that the dead guy did molest or do anything sexual to the kid the dad should walk. IMO

mrowl
8/31/2006, 02:28 PM
I don't have kids so I can't really say what I would do. But if it is found out that the dead guy did molest or do anything sexual to the kid the dad should walk. IMO

agree.

And I have no idea what I would do to the guy.

8/31/2006, 02:29 PM
I like to think that I would beat the guy to a pulp and wait for the police. However, rage being what it is, I can't say for sure. I do know that I couldn't sit there doing nothing.

Also, if the neighbors are right and he has been behaving strangely of late, maybe he has a tumor or something.

IronSooner
8/31/2006, 02:50 PM
I don't think I'd kill the guy, but I'd probably do some **** to him to make him wish I had.

tulsaoilerfan
8/31/2006, 02:52 PM
I like to think that I would beat the guy to a pulp and wait for the police. However, rage being what it is, I can't say for sure. I do know that I couldn't sit there doing nothing.

Also, if the neighbors are right and he has been behaving strangely of late, maybe he has a tumor or something.
you mean had a tumor; sorry, couldn't resist; if he molested the kid, he got what he deserved:mad:

proud gonzo
8/31/2006, 02:57 PM
you mean had a tumor; sorry, couldn't resist; if he molested the kid, he got what he deserved:mad:
he was talking about the father, not the dead guy

Hamhock
8/31/2006, 02:57 PM
if I did it, I'd start peeing down both legs and howling at the moon. i bet if you gave a jury any chance to grab on to temporary insanity they'd take it.

skycat
8/31/2006, 02:59 PM
I don't think anybody can say what they would do unless they were in that situation.

I sure as hell don't know what I'd do.

1stTimeCaller
he was talking about the father, not the dead guy

I read it as James(the dead guy) was acting strange.:confused:

James served two days in prison in May 2001 on a drunken driving charge, according to the state Department of Correction.

"He had some bizarre behavior over the last month," said Darrell Maynard, a neighbor. "He drove his car through his garage, hit the other neighbor's building."

Another time a neighbor found James intoxicated on the street, Maynard said. James shouted obscenities at children, he said.

RacerX
Would you do the same?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/31/neighbor.stabbing.ap/index.html

I don't have to. My 73 year old dad assured me he would take care of anything like that.

Plus, 10 guage and pick up the casings.

yermom
8/31/2006, 03:03 PM
my big problem with this is the way kids will say things that aren't true

slickdawg
8/31/2006, 03:14 PM
There are not sufficient words to describe what I'd do to someone if they
molested slickdaughter. They wouldn't get off with a short stabbing, I'd torture their azz, similar to the sloth in the movie "seven"

proud gonzo
8/31/2006, 03:16 PM
I read it as James(the dead guy) was acting strange.:confused:

oh. well nevermind then

8/31/2006, 03:17 PM
Not many 2-year-olds offer "information which was alarming and disturbing" unless something bad has happened.

Fugue
8/31/2006, 03:18 PM
oh. well nevermind then

it was poorly written, I did the same thing.

yermom
8/31/2006, 03:32 PM
Not many 2-year-olds offer "information which was alarming and disturbing" unless something bad has happened.

i'm just saying i might want to be a little more sure before i got to stabbing

i've seen a lot of stuff about kids saying some pretty weird stuff

it's not that specific with the details in the article

proud gonzo
8/31/2006, 03:45 PM
yeah, I don't think the communication skills of most 2 year olds are quite refined enough to go immediately for the stabby solution

GDC
8/31/2006, 03:51 PM
I would have made him suffer a long, long time.

Hamhock
8/31/2006, 04:04 PM
i saw a news show one time about the testimony of kids.

they put a kid and an adult in a room together with a hidden camera playing for a while. totally innocent.

a detective was able to get most of the kids to say they were molested, even though they clearly weren't.

tbl
8/31/2006, 04:15 PM
I have a 2 year old daughter, and it would depend on what she said whether it would necessitate my 12 gauge being unsheathed. She is very sheltered, so if she were to say something that she obviously hadn't heard from either of us, I could see myself acting swiftly... though I don't know what the end result would be (and I pray that this situation never happens).

Frankly, if I had a neighbor that was walking around naked in his house nad being an obvious perv, there's not a chance my daughter would be even close to him. Matter of fact, I'm confused as to how a 2 year old can be anywhere that their parents don't know exactly what is going on. If the Mom let her little girl go over to his house, knowing that he was a perv, she needs to be locked up.

All I know if a fathers love for his little girl is not something to be messed with... at least not this father.

jk the sooner fan
8/31/2006, 04:22 PM
so much to say, so little time.....

olevetonahill
8/31/2006, 05:22 PM
Big brought up a very good point . as in How in hell this perv even get close to a 2 yr old ?:eek:
It does sound tho as if perv had been a pain in the *** to the whole neighborhood for awhile.
Now since My baby girl is almost 28
Ill say if any maggot even thinks about touching My granddaughters
Police aint gonna find em and they sure as hell aint gonna find me with blood all over me
And a fast stabbing was way to lenient !
see ya start at the feet and wor ah nevermind

Vaevictis
8/31/2006, 06:21 PM
If I were on the jury, and I were convinced that the guy who got shot really did molest the kid, I wouldn't convict the guy who did the shooting.

Harry Beanbag
8/31/2006, 06:47 PM
We got a little pamphlet in the mail the other day from the Town of Gilbert. It's a Sex Offender Notification letting us know there is a child molester moving in around the corner. It has the lowlife's name, picture, new address, car he drives, and the crimes he has been convicted of listed inside. After his second and latest conviction of sexual conduct with a minor, in 2003, he was sentenced to 1 year in jail and 3 years probation. Now he'll be living 300 yards from our house in a neighborhood filled with pre-teens. :mad: