PDA

View Full Version : Final Predictions for this year?

HarrisTubbsFan
8/31/2006, 08:25 AM
Just the regular season.

7 wins and 5 losses.

KYHonorarySooner
8/31/2006, 08:33 AM
Just the regular season.

7 wins and 5 losses.

No way OU loses 5... 10 wins and 2 losses.

Sco
8/31/2006, 08:39 AM
^10-2 is worst case imho... I see it 11-1 - only loss is to the Ducks.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/31/2006, 08:45 AM
I just haven't seen enough to make me thing the team can improve over last year. Especially with a much younger team then a year ago.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/31/2006, 08:55 AM
2 losses max

Of course I would rather see them go undefeated...

fadada1
8/31/2006, 09:06 AM
Just the regular season.

7 wins and 5 losses.
best case scenerio for a&m.

Boomer.....
8/31/2006, 09:10 AM
Just the regular season.

7 wins and 5 losses.

No one has picked us to have that many losses, especially a fan. I smell :texan:

JohnnyMack
8/31/2006, 09:11 AM
9 - 3.

Subtract the TCU loss from last year and we'll have pretty much the same season.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2006, 09:11 AM
I just haven't seen enough to make me thing the team can improve over last year. Especially with a much younger team then a year ago.

Uh oh. It's started.

tbl
8/31/2006, 09:12 AM
Especially with a much younger team then a year ago.
THAN a year ago... THAN.

...and I'm still rolling with undefeated. Try and stop my optimism, I dare ya.

FlatheadSooner
8/31/2006, 09:20 AM
...and I'm still rolling with undefeated. Try and stop my optimism, I dare ya.

Ditto. Until we get through first 3 games, I believe we have enough positives to swing the best case scenario.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/31/2006, 09:27 AM
9 - 3.

Subtract the TCU loss from last year and we'll have pretty much the same season.

What about the TT game?

devOUt
8/31/2006, 09:28 AM
12-0

who dat say they can beat OU?

CincySooner
8/31/2006, 09:32 AM
10-2, but hoping we can pull off 12-0.

Every championship team needs luck, and there's nothing that says it wont blow our way when we need it.

Boomer.....
8/31/2006, 09:43 AM
I don't see any way that we can go worse than 10-2.

colleyvillesooner
8/31/2006, 09:46 AM
9 - 3.

10-2, subtracting the Tech "loss" as well.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2006, 09:47 AM
What about the TT game?

I see us losing at Oregon (UCLA), Saxet (Saxet) and getting beat either at Mizery or at the Cult (TT).

I do reserve the right to change my opinion once I've seen 1) us actually play a game and 2) if Greg Davis can coach, which I doubt.

soonernation
8/31/2006, 09:47 AM
Just the regular season.

7 wins and 5 losses.

Nick?

OUstudent4life
8/31/2006, 09:48 AM
9-3

Split UO, texas, A&M, oswho, and one more loss somewhere.

Hoping for 10-2

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
8/31/2006, 09:51 AM
11-1

The Maestro
8/31/2006, 09:53 AM

We were 2-3 and won our final 7 games...if you count T.T. as a game the team lost, oh well...We won at Nebraska and beat top ten Oregon in the bowl game. There was vast improvement over the start. If anything, I guess you will be pleasantly surprised.

BigUgly
8/31/2006, 11:06 AM
1-0. I don't give a rat's *** about the rest of them (right now). Just win Saturday and then we'll start talking about 2-0.

One game at a time.

rogcoley
8/31/2006, 11:35 AM
I always say whatever and 0. However, now that I have reached the age of reason, I understand until we kick the pig against reality (an opponent) it is all just a lot of recruiting class speculation. You know, Mack Brown had the best classes ever and yet couldn’t beat us with a tactical thermonuclear weapon. We have studs galore, but they haven’t played in anger yet this season. We get by the first part of the schedule, especially Oregon and we are hell bent for the Cotton Bowl and Texass. We all know what winning that game means. We’ve never lost that game and won the National Championship, oh my brothers. If we pass that mark 5-0, stay on the trail, don’t kick cans and don’t John Wayne our hand grenades, we will be taking names and kicking butt to the title. Man, I guess it really is football season this weekend. How many war references can I make in one post???

Scott D
8/31/2006, 11:45 AM

I liked you better when you were banned.

devOUt
8/31/2006, 01:11 PM

How many of our closed practices have you attended?

HarrisTubbsFan
8/31/2006, 01:28 PM
Exactly it's hard to tell from what you can't see. There are only 8 or 9 Srs on this team and even fewer of those seniors will be major players. That's a big thing for teams that win 10+ games. They need leadership. It's hard for Sophomores and freshmen to be leaders.

The Maestro
8/31/2006, 01:33 PM
Exactly it's hard to tell from what you can't see. There are only 8 or 9 Srs on this team and even fewer of those seniors will be major players. That's a big thing for teams that win 10+ games. They need leadership. It's hard for Sophomores and freshmen to be leaders.

Okay, fine...10-2 is a big difference from 7-5. Which five do you think we will lose?

Oregon
Texas
Texas A&M

I assume those are three. Give us two more...Missouri? TT? OSU?

So you think we take a step back this year, not a step forward, right?

HarrisTubbsFan
8/31/2006, 01:40 PM
There's a lot of games we could lose.

Playing 4 of our last 5 on the road is a dumb schedule for a young team. There are some danger games those games.

Oklahoma State was bad last year but even when they were bad in 2001 they beat us in Norman. Every game under Stoops in Stillwater has been a war. 2000 was with Simmons. It was a close game. OSU stunk that year. 2002 OSU killed us. 2004 was a close one. 2006 will be a tough game in Stillwater.

Baylor nearly beat us in Norman last year. They are a better team in 06 and that's a road game. That's a game to watch out for.

Mizzou has always been a tough place to play. Remember 2002 when they had an unknown QB? They nearly beat us that year. McCoy's fake FG TD pass to Chester won that game. They also have some defensive talent. And I think their QB fits the system better now.

Tech won't be easy but I think we know that offense well. We should win that game. But it's a very losable game.

ISU won't be easy. They may have the best offense in the Big 12 returning. But we should win that one.

Texas, Texas A&M and Oregon will all be tough too. I think there's as many as 8 losable games there

soonerhubs
8/31/2006, 01:45 PM
Can someone calmly explain how NickZeppelin was allowed to come onto the board with a different Name? I thought he was permabaned.

Ahem... Nick, I mean Debbie Downer, could you chill on the Nay Saying until the season starts? Perhaps save it for your own message board. You and yourself can have an argument on there.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/31/2006, 01:48 PM
Just the regular season.

7 wins and 5 losses.

I see your ante....and I fold.

Nick,
I see you are back. How was that summer job at the rudder factory in Rotterdam?

CU Sooner
8/31/2006, 01:50 PM
There's a lot of games we could lose.

Playing 4 of our last 5 on the road is a dumb schedule for a young team. There are some danger games those games.

Oklahoma State was bad last year but even when they were bad in 2001 they beat us in Norman. Every game under Stoops in Stillwater has been a war. 2000 was with Simmons. It was a close game. OSU stunk that year. 2002 OSU killed us. 2004 was a close one. 2006 will be a tough game in Stillwater.

Baylor nearly beat us in Norman last year. They are a better team in 06 and that's a road game. That's a game to watch out for.

Mizzou has always been a tough place to play. Remember 2002 when they had an unknown QB? They nearly beat us that year. McCoy's fake FG TD pass to Chester won that game. They also have some defensive talent. And I think their QB fits the system better now.

Tech won't be easy but I think we know that offense well. We should win that game. But it's a very losable game.

ISU won't be easy. They may have the best offense in the Big 12 returning. But we should win that one.

Texas, Texas A&M and Oregon will all be tough too. I think there's as many as 8 losable games there

So your a pessimist. I look at the schedule and see 12 winnable games. There is no one on the schedule that I look at and think "I just don't think we will be able to pull that out." Don't get run over by the Sooner Schooner band wagon in October.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/31/2006, 01:57 PM
So your a pessimist. I look at the schedule and see 12 winnable games. There is no one on the schedule that I look at and think "I just don't think we will be able to pull that out." Don't get run over by the Sooner Schooner band wagon in October.

Pessimist might not be a stong enough term. Nick will predict OU to go 7-5 and that Stoops will all but urinate on himself and when the team goes 10-2 or better he will still say it was a mediocre year.

Blues1
8/31/2006, 02:38 PM
We are gonna Kick some A$$ this Season - I don't IF that means 14 and 0 - 13 and 1 - 11 and 2 - 10 and 3 or 9 and 4 -- I just know I feel it in my OLD Sooner Bones and 54 years of following The Sooner Seasons.....

Right now I'D rather be 9 and 4 with PT than 10 and 3 with bonehead....That probably doesn't make sense but that's the way I feel....

110% Behind PT --- One KICK A$$ Season -- Bank on it....!!! -- :D

R'

CrimsonChampion
8/31/2006, 02:41 PM
11-1

Big 12 Championship

BCS bowl victory

We will not lose to Oregon or TX, it'll come later in the season to a sneaker like the ags or the pokes, or possibly on the road against mizzou

I think we're good enough to win the whole damn thing though, I'm just trying not to be too biased

The Maestro
8/31/2006, 03:06 PM
We should learn a lot about Oregon over the next two weeks. They play pass happy Stanford and Fresno State the first two weeks so the first time they see a real running back will be none other than the best one in college football. They have two new corners at Oregon as well and they lost a wooly mammoth on the D-line. Offensively they should be strong as they return just about everyone from last year...the team that put up 14 on our "better than last year" defense.

Texas...I agree with others that want to see if the Texas O-line is just that good or if they benefitted from VY's take off and run approach. When is it third and long and no one is open, is Acne Boy going to be able to Oxycute the defense like VY did? I doubt it, but he will get his chances early to prove his worth. Defensively, all I know is Texas lost their two best players(my opinion) in Rod Wright and Michael Huff. Let's see what's left of the defense that gave up 500 yards in their last game.

aTm scares me cause it is there. I like their new QB MUCH better than McNeal who rode the fame of leading them to a win over OU two years ago. The hype will be big for that one as the aggies play a weak schedule leading up to us. I hope their untested team thinks more highly of themselves and gets surprised by real talent from us.

I don't want to hear about Missouri, Baylor, Iowa State, etc. No excuses losing to them.

OSU? I just can't ever imagine Bob Stoops losing to Mike Gundy. I know we have faced battles there but...come on, this is Mike Gundy's OSU team! Simmons and Miles had decent success there--I just can't see it with Gundy. He's never hit it big anywhere he has been.

CrimsonChampion
8/31/2006, 03:14 PM
I don't care if Lester, Simmons, or Crap Jones is coaching Okie state, they should NEVER beat us, yet somehow they figure some crap out to get us like in 01 02 seasons. We can't take them lightly considering it's their national championship when they play us, must suck to be them. As far as Mizzou on the road, there's no excuse for a loss there either, but Big Game Bob isn't gonna lose to oregon or texas. I always worry about slipping to one of those season busters like aTm.

RooseveltRoughRider
8/31/2006, 04:01 PM
IF AD is healthy I predict a loss to Texas, and a loss in a BCS Bowl Game.
IF AD is NOT Healthy...I predict a loss to Oregon, Texas A&M, Texas, Nebraska, and a win in the Cotton Bowl.

dougsooner
8/31/2006, 04:05 PM
10-2 L's at Oregon and either Missou or A&M (let down games).

HarrisTubbsFan
8/31/2006, 04:13 PM

I've never ever been a pessimist or an optimist.

colleyvillesooner
8/31/2006, 04:14 PM
IF AD is healthy I predict a loss to Texas, and a loss in a BCS Bowl Game.
IF AD is NOT Healthy...I predict a loss to Oregon, Texas A&M, Texas, Nebraska, and a win in the Cotton Bowl.

We don't play Nebraska, unless you mean in the BIG 12 championship, which means yall will have a 4 loss season. That works for me.

RooseveltRoughRider
8/31/2006, 04:18 PM
I don't care if Lester, Simmons, or Crap Jones is coaching Okie state, they should NEVER beat us, yet somehow they figure some crap out to get us like in 01 02 seasons. We can't take them lightly considering it's their national championship when they play us, must suck to be them. As far as Mizzou on the road, there's no excuse for a loss there either, but Big Game Bob isn't gonna lose to oregon or texas. I always worry about slipping to one of those season busters like aTm.

BIG GAME BOB???

Thats more of a early decade term dont you think??

Bob in the BIG GAME as of Late....I dont know.

Teams that have beat OU in Stoops tenure

Notre Dame
Texas (Beat Stoops in RRS in 2005)
Colorado
Texas Tech (beat Stoops in 2005)
Mississippi
Nebraska
Oklahoma State (Has amazingly won 2 ****** games back to back vs. Stoops)
Texas A&M
Kansas State (Beat Stoops in the BIG XII CCG in 04')
LSU (Beat Stoops in MNC in 03')
USC (Beat Stoops in MNC in 04)
TCU (Beat Stoops in 05')
UCLA (Beat Stoops in 05')

colleyvillesooner
8/31/2006, 04:27 PM
Losses in Mack's Tenure

Oklahoma x 5
Arkansas
Washington St. (Holiday Bowl)
Texas Tech
Colorado
Stanford
Oregon (Holiday Bowl)
NC State
A&m
Nebraska
Arkansas x 2 (1 @ Cotton Bowl)
UCLA
K-State

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2006, 04:30 PM
For yOU all:
9-3

For Us:
7-5

HarrisTubbsFan
8/31/2006, 04:37 PM
If Bob Stoops ever loses to OSU a 3rd time he'll be the first OU coach to ever lose to OSU 3 times. Not only that but Bud, Barry, and Bennie combined for 3 losses against OSU/Oklahoma A&M.

Also "Big Game" Bob since the 2003 loss to KSU is 4-5 against ranked teams.

msteudem
8/31/2006, 04:41 PM
12-0 And that's all I have to say bout that.

C&CDean
8/31/2006, 04:43 PM
If Bob Stoops ever loses to OSU a 3rd time he'll be the first OU coach to ever lose to OSU 3 times. Not only that but Bud, Barry, and Bennie combined for 3 losses against OSU/Oklahoma A&M.

You know what Nick? I've tolerated you thus far, but now I'm pretty much tired of it. I've been cleaning out some of the whorn dust bunnies, and in my eyes, you ain't any better than them. Whiners/naysayers like you make me physically ill. If you played on a team that I coached I would have you puking your guts out - before I dismissed your negative POS *** from the team. Since we're in a "collected works" mode around here, take a vacation. We'll be 1-0 when you come back.

colleyvillesooner
8/31/2006, 04:43 PM

Dude, are you sure you're not a whorn.

colleyvillesooner
8/31/2006, 04:44 PM
BIG GAME BOB???

Thats more of a early decade term don't you think??

Bob in the BIG GAME as of Late....I don't know.

Notre Dame
Texas (Beat Stoops in RRS in 2005) #1 and #21
Colorado NR
Texas Tech (beat Stoops in 2005) #18 and NR
Mississippi #22
Nebraska #8 Played in MNC
Oklahoma State (Has amazingly won 2 ****** games back to back vs. Stoops) NR both times
Texas A&M NR
Kansas State (Beat Stoops in the BIG XII CCG in 04') #13
LSU (Beat Stoops in MNC in 03') # 1
USC (Beat Stoops in MNC in 04) # 1
TCU (Beat Stoops in 05') # 14
UCLA (Beat Stoops in 05') #17

Oklahoma x 5 (#3, #3, #5, #6, #1)
Arkansas (NR, #17) (1 in Cotton Bowl)
Washington St. (Holiday Bowl) #9
Texas Tech NR, NR
Colorado #9
Stanford NR
Oregon (Holiday Bowl) #7
NC State NR
A&m #23
Nebraska #3
UCLA #8
K-State #6, #10

Just got curious as to how those teams were ranked.

Edit: Now both teams losses have how the team they lost to finished the season.

Stoops average loss rank is 11.6 and he lost to 5 NR teams.
Mack's average loss rank is 7.85 and he lost to 5 NR teams.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2006, 04:52 PM
You know what Nick? I've tolerated you thus far, but now I'm pretty much tired of it. I've been cleaning out some of the whorn dust bunnies, and in my eyes, you ain't any better than them. Whiners/naysayers like you make me physically ill. If you played on a team that I coached I would have you puking your guts out - before I dismissed your negative POS *** from the team. Since we're in a "collected works" mode around here, take a vacation. We'll be 1-0 when you come back.

You big meanie.

C&CDean
8/31/2006, 04:52 PM
And I'm saying 12-0. Which, in fact, is more realistic than 7-5.

soonervegas
8/31/2006, 04:55 PM
10-2, but C&C Dean is right 12-0 is much more likely than 7-5. What other team out there doesn't have question marks? OU is getting downgraded TOO much over this Bomar deal.

I panicked at 1st, but now I am taking a much more realistic approach.

TrophyCollector
8/31/2006, 05:00 PM
11-1

soonerhubs
8/31/2006, 10:56 PM
12-0 Baby!

Egeo
8/31/2006, 11:14 PM
theoretically speaking we could lose every game
but im just gonna go with the average of winning 82.4% of our games which would make us 11-3

if the 2006 version doesnt prove throughout the year that its not a better team than the 2005 version i will be absolutely shocked

CatfishSooner
8/31/2006, 11:16 PM
12-0 baby.

goingoneight
8/31/2006, 11:20 PM
With an offense that suits PT, how can he not win??? That's like customizing the 2005 season for AD to run in the I. When he was healthy, he won... period. We just need to hope and pray that OUr D turns out to be as stout as they advertise, since they have said that since Mike Stoops left, and well... it hasn't been super-stout. If OUr D, by God's grace is Stoops' best yet, as hyped, no way anyone breaks the three TD margin against us. And I'm pretty sure OUr team can score 35 or more. They did it last year with a mediocre QB play.

I'm one to say that IF we lose, and I'm not looking forward to that after 2005, but IF we lose... It will be a shocker loss. One like aTm or T Tech. I want to personally annihilate all Red Raiders after 2005, but there's little or no doubt that their team will suffer from a QB loss. They return everyone else, maybe even Hicks... or is he eligible? aTm only because Fran is gonna have his career and his pride on the line and I think Stephen McGee will lead the faggies better than McNeal did. That combined with a College Station gameday atmosphere that puts even the best in a cold sweat. A good D is a good D. OUr 2004 team had to play a near-perfect offense just to squeak by an aTm team who lost to Baylor. OUr 2000 team won by a lucky interception.

People are too quick to judge PT. They've seen him play only in mop-up and saw one loss, which he only played about 14 minutes in. Not totally on him.

Schedule = winnable. Not like 2005, when we lost 16 starters to graduation, 11 of which were in the NFL, one being OU's all time passing leader and a Heisman winner. I saw a grueling schedule with n00bs all over the field in 2005, and so-it-was. This season, nobody has the advantage over OU they had in 2005. No top-ranked Cotton Bowl opponent, no conference champion NoCo opponents. Schedule is again tough, but like I said, winnable.

Ash
9/1/2006, 12:13 AM
We should learn a lot about Oregon over the next two weeks. They play pass happy Stanford and Fresno State the first two weeks so the first time they see a real running back will be none other than the best one in college football. They have two new corners at Oregon as well and they lost a wooly mammoth on the D-line. Offensively they should be strong as they return just about everyone from last year...the team that put up 14 on our "better than last year" defense.

Texas...I agree with others that want to see if the Texas O-line is just that good or if they benefitted from VY's take off and run approach. When is it third and long and no one is open, is Acne Boy going to be able to Oxycute the defense like VY did? I doubt it, but he will get his chances early to prove his worth. Defensively, all I know is Texas lost their two best players(my opinion) in Rod Wright and Michael Huff. Let's see what's left of the defense that gave up 500 yards in their last game.

aTm scares me cause it is there. I like their new QB MUCH better than McNeal who rode the fame of leading them to a win over OU two years ago. The hype will be big for that one as the aggies play a weak schedule leading up to us. I hope their untested team thinks more highly of themselves and gets surprised by real talent from us.

I don't want to hear about Missouri, Baylor, Iowa State, etc. No excuses losing to them.

OSU? I just can't ever imagine Bob Stoops losing to Mike Gundy. I know we have faced battles there but...come on, this is Mike Gundy's OSU team! Simmons and Miles had decent success there--I just can't see it with Gundy. He's never hit it big anywhere he has been.

Oregon and Texas are clearly going to be the toughest games. aTm might be drastically improved this year, but I'll have to see it to believe it. Only advantage is homefield which no longer means what it use to mean. TT has improved over the years but I can't see us losing to them this year - heck, we shouldn't have an L in that column for last year. Couldn't agree more about Mizzou and the others.

Barring unfortunate events I don't see this team going worse than 10-2. Playing well and some lucky bounces, I truly believe 12-0 can be achieved.

Desert Sapper
9/1/2006, 01:08 AM
We're undefeated RIGHT NOW. I predict we beat UAB in Norman tomorrow night. One game at a time is how I feel we need to be.

My Sooner side says we go undefeated on OUr way to Glendale. 12-0 regular season win over Nebraska in the CCG. 13-0

My cautiously optimistic side says we have really tough road crowds against Oregon, Mizzou, and aTm and saxet is the most talented team we play in the regular season. Cautious and optimistic I say we lose one of those. 11-1 going to Fiesta.

I have faith in ENA, I think OUr D will be great, and I like the coaching staff and senior leaders to pull us through the tough games.

Crimson_Balls
9/1/2006, 01:29 AM
Didn't we learn from last season to take one game at a time?

BEAT UAB!!

soonerinabilene
9/1/2006, 07:16 AM
Can someone calmly explain how NickZeppelin was allowed to come onto the board with a different Name? I thought he was permabaned.

Ahem... Nick, I mean Debbie Downer, could you chill on the Nay Saying until the season starts? Perhaps save it for your own message board. You and yourself can have an argument on there.

i've been on to this little scheme for over a month now...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73651&page=2

nobody believed me :(

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/1/2006, 09:36 AM

Dean

Didn't you get the memo? Nick isn't a pessimist or an optomist. He just sees a 12 game schedule and sees 6-7 games that OU has the opportunity to lose.

If he steps out of line again I think you should take 500 of his hit points.:D

CrimsonChampion
9/1/2006, 05:05 PM
BIG GAME BOB???

Thats more of a early decade term dont you think??

Bob in the BIG GAME as of Late....I dont know.

Notre Dame
Texas (Beat Stoops in RRS in 2005)
Colorado
Texas Tech (beat Stoops in 2005)
Mississippi
Nebraska
Oklahoma State (Has amazingly won 2 ****** games back to back vs. Stoops)
Texas A&M
Kansas State (Beat Stoops in the BIG XII CCG in 04')
LSU (Beat Stoops in MNC in 03')
USC (Beat Stoops in MNC in 04)
TCU (Beat Stoops in 05')
UCLA (Beat Stoops in 05')Well we beat high ranked horns squads 5 out of 6 years, GOT to the national championship game 3 times and won once, and to get to the big game you have to win a few big games to get there.

Really don't think it's worth my time to go into more detail, it doesn't take a genius to see that Coach Stoops is a big time ballgame coach, win or lose, therefore you're far from a genius.