PDA

View Full Version : Please read if you are a true fan...ENA

chbrew09
8/31/2006, 03:46 AM
This is something I think Paul of all people deserves...and I want everybody to remember this. No matter how he does (which I think he'll be fine)...Paul should still have the support as one of the most unselfish and respectful Sooners to ever play for the greatest team in America. Even though he might or might not turn out to be what everybody believes he can be...he's a great guy, and he should be loved for that regardless of how he performs. Exactly the guy we need to put the good image that the Sooner football team really is at heart (now that he's gone). GO OU and I believe...that's all that matters. I believe

T-minus 2 days 14 hrs 18 min until I get to say...

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....or possibly SOONER depending on the side of the stadium;)

Desert Sapper
8/31/2006, 04:19 AM
This sounds like you are bracing yourself or everyone else for another TCU debacle. Relax. ENA will be fine. He has Josh coaching him now. He is a fifth year senior, a leader, and he has all the physical tools to succeed. Deep breaths. Everything's gonna be OK.

Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner
Boomer Sooner, OK U!
Oklahoma, Oklahoma
Oklahoma, Oklahoma
Oklahoma, Oklahoma
Oklahoma, OK U!
I'm a Sooner born and Sooner bred
and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead
Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma
Rah Oklahoma, OK U!

Blues1
8/31/2006, 05:17 AM
If OUr Team can stay reasonable Healthy (Lord Willing) Paul and His Team mates are Gonna Kick A$$ This Season.....!!!

We have a Man at QB this season - Not a over grown child....!

Hang on to your cookies and
Get Ready to Rock.....

Take it to the bank ----Blues1

Doged
8/31/2006, 06:25 AM
I can see where chbrew is comin' from. Yes, I think OUr guys are gonna' kick a** and take names, but early on they'll have to work through the wrinkles and rough spots to get it done. They'll win, I don't doubt that, but they might win a couple ugly before they start to hit on all cylinders.

I also think there's nothing to worry about, chbrew. We're Sooners... we'll always support the team. Most Sooners didn't much like The Idiot but nearly everyone got behind him once he was named OUr starter. When he looked like an immature a**, which happened a lot both on and off the field, we still pulled for him. ENA will get even better support than The Idiot got, even if he has to ride through some rough quarters before things start happening the way we all know they can for this team.

You pretty much have to be a brain dead blithering idiot before Sooners will give up on you (see Smelly Burger and Boobles for examples).

ENA's going to surprise a lot of people by the time this season plays out, I think.

BermudaSooner
8/31/2006, 07:34 AM
This is something I think Paul of all people deserves...and I want everybody to remember this.

First off, nobody "deserves" to start. ENA is obviously, in Stoops' mind, the best QB on campus--he EARNED it. Saying he deserves to start is an insult to ENA and Stoops. Hell, if dedication and love of OU are your criteria, then many of the posters on Soonerfans deserve to start.

GO OU and I believe...that's all that matters. I believe

:rolleyes:

Miko
8/31/2006, 07:53 AM
Hell, if dedication and love of OU are your criteria, then many of the posters on Soonerfans deserve to start.

:rolleyes:

Heck, I'll settle for mop up duty!!!!!!! :D

kruss1971
8/31/2006, 08:39 AM
First off, nobody "deserves" to start. ENA is obviously, in Stoops' mind, the best QB on campus--he EARNED it. Saying he deserves to start is an insult to ENA and Stoops. Hell, if dedication and love of OU are your criteria, then many of the posters on Soonerfans deserve to start.

You seem to have taken something out of chbrew's post that was not in it. It seemed pretty clear that chbrew was simply saying that PT deserves:

...support as one of the most unselfish and respectful Sooners to ever play...

chbrew...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

MamaMia
8/31/2006, 09:15 AM
Paul has been very loyal. For that he deserves God to do what He can to clear the path to a National Championship game. :D

FlatheadSooner
8/31/2006, 09:17 AM
There's always a worst case scenario and best scenario.

I believe ENA has good chance for the best case scenario to be fullfilled. He has a lot of positives on his side, including one of most important - a good head on his shoulders and great supporting cast.

BOOMER!!!!!

soonerlaw
8/31/2006, 09:27 AM
I think its just nervousness and a little fear of the unknown. If PT, and the entire team, come out clicking on Saturday, I think that will put a lot of people's worries at rest and let them enjoy the season.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/31/2006, 09:32 AM
The first game is always shakey, so let's not make a big deal out of it.

I can't wait to see some play action passing. I don't know if you guys remember but when ENA would come in to clean up, he would fake a handoff and I'll be damned if I didn't bite every time.

With AD in the back, he'll have wide open receivers.

Plano UT
8/31/2006, 11:09 AM
he EARNED it.

If you mean he was the second best QB and the 1st/2nd best wide receiver on the team until Rhett got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.....then HE EARNED IT.

He is the best QB on the team right now thus he is starting the season.

NormanPride
8/31/2006, 11:14 AM
PT was always the best at giving fakes. Hopefully AD has improved at taking them. Since he's gone through a full spring now, I think that will be the case (also, Gundy usually takes about 3 years for a back to really be complete).

85Sooner
8/31/2006, 11:44 AM
You konw where I have stood the entire time.

NormanPride
8/31/2006, 11:45 AM
And here 85Sooner comes, crawling back on his knees for forgiveness! We all know how you ditched Paul the moment Bomar started playing. WE SAW HOW YOU ACTED!

;)

chbrew09
8/31/2006, 12:46 PM

exactly right kruss...he deserves everyone's respect, not the starting job. of course he EARNED his spot at QB. I don't care how much anyone deserves to start, they're not going to if they're not the best. And just to clarify...I'm not worried at all. I think we're going to have a very special season. Nothing showed worry in my post. It's going to be a great year. I'm always optimistic...I just felt this guy deserved respect, which I now know he has from everyone.

King Crimson
8/31/2006, 01:01 PM
he's got a chance to live the dream. what's better than that?

David Earl
8/31/2006, 01:06 PM
This is something I think Paul of all people deserves...and I want everybody to remember this. No matter how he does (which I think he'll be fine)...Paul should still have the support as one of the most unselfish and respectful Sooners to ever play for the greatest team in America. Even though he might or might not turn out to be what everybody believes he can be...he's a great guy, and he should be loved for that regardless of how he performs.

Amen!

Fraggle145
8/31/2006, 01:13 PM
All I know is if I hear a boo all season long towards PT its clobberin' time.

Wishboned
8/31/2006, 01:34 PM
I'm not worried about PT's performance on Saturday, or the rest of the season.

I have faith that he's going to silence the critics, shock his detractors, and be the leader that the team needs while receiving all the accolades that come with being a great player.

He's got heart, and commitment, and he's not short on talent at all. Any two of those three will make a player good, but the combination of all three will make Paul great.

Blue
8/31/2006, 02:37 PM
I want somebody to get alot of mop-up duty for next year though. That means Paul needs to be really good.

CrimsonChampion
8/31/2006, 02:53 PM
Paul Thompson is my favorite all-time Sooner, he stands for what I believe in. I am gonna get a #12 jersey and when it's all said and done that uniform will be on my wall along with alot of other Sooner greats. Paul may not be the most dynamic player of our time but the sacrifices he's made is what it is all about. He's definatly a leader by nature and he's finally getting his well deserved chance, without a highly recruited qb sitting on the sidelines waiting for him to screw up.

Bomar's gone, Paul's here, and Paul's a crimson bleeding badazz with one thing on his mind, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

chbrew09
8/31/2006, 05:56 PM
Paul Thompson is my favorite all-time Sooner, he stands for what I believe in. I am gonna get a #12 jersey and when it's all said and done that uniform will be on my wall along with alot of other Sooner greats. Paul may not be the most dynamic player of our time but the sacrifices he's made is what it is all about. He's definatly a leader by nature and he's finally getting his well deserved chance, without a highly recruited qb sitting on the sidelines waiting for him to screw up.

Bomar's gone, Paul's here, and Paul's a crimson bleeding badazz with one thing on his mind, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

I love it! I might have to invest in #12 as well