PDA

View Full Version : Toothpaste?

Ardmore_Sooner
8/31/2006, 01:42 AM
I just have a general question for anyone who may know. Recently my dentist told me to start using Sensodyne for my sensitive teeth. They told me that if I used another brand of tooth paste that my teeth will become sensitive once again, and I should only use Sensodyne. My question is, is there another brand that will have the same or better effects? Sensodyne is the succ when it comes to taste and it costs way to much. Any suggestions?

PhxSooner
8/31/2006, 01:53 AM
My husband can only use plain Crest (no whitening or tartar control stuff). He's had sensitive teeth for years, and that's what his dentist told him to do.

whatsername
8/31/2006, 06:24 AM
I heard that any toothpaste with peroxide in it can make your teeth sensitive, so definitely stay away from them.

And I agree with you, Sensodyne is yuk.

Xstnlsooner
8/31/2006, 07:18 AM
I've been using one with peroxide and it hasn't bothered mine ya wankers!

Okla-homey
8/31/2006, 07:28 AM
I just have a general question for anyone who may know. Recently my dentist told me to start using Sensodyne for my sensitive teeth. They told me that if I used another brand of tooth paste that my teeth will become sensitive once again, and I should only use Sensodyne. My question is, is there another brand that will have the same or better effects? Sensodyne is the succ when it comes to taste and it costs way to much. Any suggestions?

Somebody ( a dentist I think) explained to me once that Sensodyne has some kinda lacquer-like crap in it that seals your teeth so they aren't sensitive to temp extremes. When you stop using it, the lacquer wears off and the sensitivity returns. I guess lacquer necessarily tastes bad.

I'm not aware of a better tasting equally effective product.

Sooner_Bob
8/31/2006, 07:33 AM
Unless there's another dentist on the board I'd be happy to check with my brother . . . he's got his own dental practice out in Weatherford.

MamaMia
8/31/2006, 09:40 AM
My husbands patients with sensitive teeth didn't like the taste of the Sensodyne either. For the last couple of years he has been offering a toothpaste called Fluoridex. It tastes pretty good. It comes in a flavor called 'Clean Mint'. The patients seem to like it.

I found a link on it for you:

http://www.foryoursmile.com/Fluoridex.html

Czar Soonerov
8/31/2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.tourettesguy.com/videos/mirror/

Blue
8/31/2006, 03:45 PM
http://www.tourettesguy.com/videos/mirror/

:D Who wrinkled my Randy Travis poster! ****!

proud gonzo
8/31/2006, 03:58 PM
my dad likes pepsodent for his sensitive teeth... or at least he used to. I don't know what he uses now. probably that stuff you were talking about

skycat
8/31/2006, 04:44 PM
Never heard of it.

Czar Soonerov
8/31/2006, 05:23 PM
It sounds like Chewbacca taking a ****.

Preservation Parcels
8/31/2006, 05:41 PM
I just saw a commercial for a new kind of Crest that is for sensitive teeth. It also whitens your teeth, freshens your breath, removes your placque, does your yard work, and walks your dog, I think. :D