PDA

View Full Version : The All Stoops' Team By Position: Special Teams

FaninAma
8/31/2006, 12:04 AM
Punt Retuner: Antonio Perkins
Kickoff Returner: Antwonne Savage: Remember the kick off return against Texas in 2002?( I think that was Antwonne)
Place Kicker: Tim Duncan. Most consistent in Stoops' era.
Punter: Jeff Ferguson
Deep Snapper: Ben Panter
Holder: Patrick Fletcher

TrophyCollector
8/31/2006, 12:05 AM
Dude in charge of knocking the living **** out of the other team's kick returners - #36 Russell Dennison.

TrophyCollector
8/31/2006, 12:06 AM
Also, Brandon Daniels was one heck of a kick returner in 99.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/31/2006, 12:07 AM
Punt Returner-Perk
Kick Return-JT Thatcher(he was a better punt returner but his special teams needs a mention, he did have a couple big kick returns in 2000)
Kicker-Duncan-Although DiCarlo was on his way to shattering OU's scoring records.
Snapper-I'll take Ben all of em have been good but the downside to Ben is what he's remembered for. You don't really remember a bad snap from Rice.
Holder-Matt McCoy for his pass to Chester for a TD against Mizzou.

All_Day_28
8/31/2006, 12:18 AM
yeah you can't forget Thatcher

Harry Beanbag
8/31/2006, 12:21 AM
I remember Duncan laying a hit on a Tarheel kick returner and creating a fumble. So put him in there with Dennison. :)

FaninAma
8/31/2006, 12:24 AM
Dude in charge of knocking the living **** out of the other team's kick returners - #36 Russell Dennison.

So true. I think i recall Ontei Jones being quite a headhunter on coverage teams also.

TrophyCollector
8/31/2006, 12:28 AM
I remember Duncan laying a hit on a Tarheel kick returner and creating a fumble. So put him in there with Dennison. :)

Let's also not forget Tim Duncan catching a TD pass from Patrick Fletcher against texass.

King Crimson
8/31/2006, 12:38 AM
Thatcher scored a ridiculous number of TD's in 2000 for someone not playing O.

Doged
8/31/2006, 02:25 AM
Mark Bradley was the fastest "gunner" I've ever seen on punt coverage. He was virtually always right in the face of the return guy and shnockered more than a couple of them. Sadly that's not a stats position, but still.

King Crimson
8/31/2006, 02:30 AM
There ya go.

Mark Bradley was and is a great Sooner.

Desert Sapper
8/31/2006, 02:31 AM
Mark Bradley was the fastest "gunner" I've ever seen on punt coverage. He was virtually always right in the face of the return guy and shnockered more than a couple of them. Sadly that's not a stats position, but still.

I'm thinking maybe most people aren't mentioning Mark on ST because of that one little old ST fubar that one little old time...maybe...

datsRight
8/31/2006, 06:41 AM
Ontie Jones was perfect in the 2000 National Championship game. Put him on there too.

FaninAma
8/31/2006, 02:04 PM
I'm thinking maybe most people aren't mentioning Mark on ST because of that one little old ST fubar that one little old time...maybe...

Bingo. I know it's not fair to remember a player's screw-ups but that was a rather large one.

JonnyRed
8/31/2006, 02:34 PM
Thatcher scored a ridiculous number of TD's in 2000 for someone not playing O.

"JD Thatcher, TD Snatcher, sideline creeper, kick return grim reaper." – from that one OU rap song in 2000. I think it was called Na na na na or something like that.

Duke o Brewery
8/31/2006, 05:04 PM
Kicker: Tim Duncan
Punter: Jeff Ferguson
Punt Returner: A. Perkins
Kick Returner: JT Thatcher
Deep Snapper: Jacob Rice
Holder: Partrick Fletcher

A few great covermen: Russell Dennison, Ontei Jones, Mark Bradley