PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Long's debut can be seen tomorrow night

msteudem
8/30/2006, 11:47 PM
at 9:30pm CST on CSTV Channel 152 for DISH. He will be facing Mike Price again as the Aztecs take on the UTEP Minors. Should be an interesting game.

I just can't wait to see some live college football! :pop:

usmc-sooner
8/30/2006, 11:52 PM
bet I can guess the first play the Aztecs run :D

Egeo
8/30/2006, 11:53 PM
sweet, i was hoping that game would be televised here

boomersooner28
8/31/2006, 01:13 AM
bet I can guess the first play the Aztecs run :D

No chit! Hand-off on 1st and 2nd down...guaranteed!

Desert Sapper
8/31/2006, 01:29 AM
As long as his QB doesn't throw 6 incomplete passes in a row after a successful running play, his play-calling might be conservative enough to control the clock against the UTEP air-attack. The less Jordan Palmer's on the field, the less Chuck has to worry about.

southern sooner
8/31/2006, 09:42 AM
chuck 3rd and long was soooo vanilla in his play calling for us and I do put a lot of blame for OUr sugar bowl loss on him, however; he is a former sooner in my eyes and I hope he has a great coaching career here on out...

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
8/31/2006, 09:56 AM
chuck 3rd and long was soooo vanilla in his play calling for us and I do put a lot of blame for OUr sugar bowl loss on him, however; he is a former sooner in my eyes and I hope he has a great coaching career here on out...
I agree

tru2ou
8/31/2006, 10:34 AM

I'm glad someone has this viewpoint on former Sooners too. It' refreshing and kind of rare.

- Tru

C&CDean
8/31/2006, 11:27 AM
Chuck Long was mostly the victim of players not executing. If half the dropped passes or missed blocks were made, we'd have 2 more NCs on the shelf. And he will always be a Sooner. He didn't leave in shame - like many of you doofuses wanted. I wish him well.

Sooner_Bob
8/31/2006, 11:31 AM
heh, Dean said doofuses . . . that seems kinda tame for you Dean. :D

NormanPride
8/31/2006, 11:44 AM
I'll still say Long was a genius with the passing game, but his integration of the I running game left a lot to be desired.

Widescreen
8/31/2006, 12:01 PM
Wonder how many horizontal sideline passes will be made tonight. Over/under on how many of those are pick-6's?

NormanPride
8/31/2006, 12:05 PM
Our worst one was the WR bubble screen that, I think, 3 different LBs took to the house on us. :(

Big Red Ron
8/31/2006, 12:38 PM
Chuck still had training wheels on at OU during the LSU game. I'm sure he'll get better as a situational play caller but he made several poor decisions while at OU.

Great guy but I am so much more excited about Wilson's than Long's offense it isn't even funny.

Desert Sapper
8/31/2006, 12:45 PM
Chuck Long was mostly the victim of players not executing. If half the dropped passes or missed blocks were made, we'd have 2 more NCs on the shelf. And he will always be a Sooner. He didn't leave in shame - like many of you doofuses wanted. I wish him well.

I think the resentment came after all those south central condomheads said they knew what we were doing before the ball was snapped in the 05 OB. I personally think they were just being themselves: arrogant a$$holes and insufferable winners. I agree with you. It was mostly lack of execution. The biggest problem I have with CL was that he didn't keep us moving at the end of the 04 SB. The OB wouldn't have turned out any different if Bill Walsh was our OC. We just couldn't get OUr collective head in the game after we fell behind and JW had a mental meltdown.

King Crimson
8/31/2006, 01:15 PM
LSU was gassed. my dad was yelling the whole second half: "run the ball out of the gawddawmned I Chuck!". we were sitting in that endzone. in Chuck's defense the delay screen to KeJuan was a great call....just overthrown by JW....but's that a hard touch pass over the middle of the LOS with DL's and LB's coming at you. we still should have pounded it in on ground. and no doubt in my mind we go for two and the W.

that was a good, physical football team, LSU, but given the national perception they dominated us isn't really born out by the fact they don't score a single point on offense in the second half.

i think UTEP handles SDSU.

Egeo
8/31/2006, 03:44 PM
Our worst one was the WR bubble screen that, I think, 3 different LBs took to the house on us. :(
can you please name these...

MikeInNorman
8/31/2006, 04:15 PM
Chuck Long has an offensive coordinator at SDSU, Del Miller. They will probably be more "conservative" offensively than everybody but TCU in that conference because:

1. Del Miller is conservative;
2. Chuck Long believes in toughness; and,
3. "Conservative" is a relative term in the WAC, where every offense is wide open (except TCU) and nobody can play defense (except TCU).

Chuck Long's plan for his team is to bring a big heaping dose of good old fashioned midwestern toughness to the WAC, while asking Miller to throw the ball enough to keep the one jillion pro prospects in SD interested in playing for the Aztecs. That, theoretically, should translate to wins, which SDSU hasn't done much of.

On another note, it is somewhat amazing to me that, based on this thread, at OU, all of the calls that don't work are the responsibility of the OC, but at SDSU they will apparently be the responsibility of the Head Coach. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
8/31/2006, 04:17 PM
On another note, it is somewhat amazing to me that, based on this thread, at OU, all of the calls that don't work are the responsibility of the OC, but at SDSU they will apparently be the responsibility of the Head Coach. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we've got some real doofuses.

The Preach Man
8/31/2006, 04:19 PM

ouch...tru dat tru dat

usmc-sooner
8/31/2006, 05:58 PM

this coming from the guy who guarenteed us that Halze would be the starting QB.

I see why you thought he was great, neither one of you knows what the hell your doing. :D

Egeo
8/31/2006, 11:38 PM
this mougey guy is having a nice drive
(backup qb)

starter looks to have injured his throwing hand

King Crimson
8/31/2006, 11:45 PM
Chuck Long has an offensive coordinator at SDSU, Del Miller. They will probably be more "conservative" offensively than everybody but TCU in that conference because:

1. Del Miller is conservative;
2. Chuck Long believes in toughness; and,
3. "Conservative" is a relative term in the WAC, where every offense is wide open (except TCU) and nobody can play defense (except TCU).

Chuck Long's plan for his team is to bring a big heaping dose of good old fashioned midwestern toughness to the WAC, while asking Miller to throw the ball enough to keep the one jillion pro prospects in SD interested in playing for the Aztecs. That, theoretically, should translate to wins, which SDSU hasn't done much of.

SDSU and TCU are in the Mountain West Conference. FYI.

Egeo
8/31/2006, 11:47 PM
awesome int by baker
and then a sweet screen run by hamilton

if sd can score, it might be a game

Big Red Ron
8/31/2006, 11:48 PM
BTW UTEP killing SDSU

Salt City Sooner
8/31/2006, 11:59 PM
27-17 & SDSU just picked off Palmer & have the ball at the UTEP 5. Getting interesting to say the least.

Salt City Sooner
9/1/2006, 12:01 AM
TD Aztecs, 27-24.

SOONER44EVER
9/1/2006, 12:06 AM
What station is it on?

Salt City Sooner
9/1/2006, 12:08 AM
It's on CSTV. Aztec's just picked Palmer for the 4th time. 1st down on their own 22.

SOONER44EVER
9/1/2006, 12:10 AM
CSTV?

Salt City Sooner
9/1/2006, 12:13 AM
College Sports TV (Trev Albert's new home, BTW, he's doing the game) UTEP just picked SDSU. 1st down on the SDSU 28.

Salt City Sooner
9/1/2006, 12:16 AM
TD UTEP. Palmer hit a NICE skinny post on 3rd & 14 to keep the drive alive.

SOONER44EVER
9/1/2006, 12:16 AM
I must not have that channel. :(

Salt City Sooner
9/1/2006, 12:21 AM
SDSU with a first & goal on the UTEP 10. To this point SDSU has outgained UTEP 384-242.

Salt City Sooner
9/1/2006, 12:24 AM
Aztecs have to settle for the FG, 34-27 with 1:59 left. I'm afraid that last pick's gonna cost 'em.

birddog
9/1/2006, 12:24 AM
34-24?

birddog
9/1/2006, 12:25 AM
there it is.

Salt City Sooner
9/1/2006, 12:27 AM
SDSU kicks the onside kick out of bounds. That's pretty much it as they're out of timeouts.

All_Day_28
9/1/2006, 12:37 AM
College Sports TV (Trev Albert's new home, BTW, he's doing the game) UTEP just picked SDSU. 1st down on the SDSU 28.
does cox not carry this?

Salt City Sooner
9/1/2006, 12:57 AM
Don't know about you guys down there, but I'm on Cox & get it.

Egeo
9/1/2006, 12:59 AM
for future reference, i believe cstv does internet feeds of some of their games (this being one of them)

i didnt know that until tonight, but it might come in handy down the road