PDA

View Full Version : The All Stoops' Team By Position: Line Backer

FaninAma
8/30/2006, 11:46 PM
1. Rocky Calmus. Again, a no brainer.
2. Teddy Lehman: More athletic that Calmus but without the instincts.
3.Ruuuuuuufus: Could challenge Rocky for the best LB under Stoops if he has a great year this year.

Unlike oL, this position has some quality players who could easily slip into the top 3: Torrance Marshall, Lance mitchell just to name a couple.

TrophyCollector
8/30/2006, 11:50 PM
Gotta add TMarsh in there, extra points for making the Ole man Winky **** his pants 30 seconds before the National Title game. That and being part of Sooner Magic lore in College Station.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/30/2006, 11:52 PM
Calmus
Marshall
Lehman

Mitchell if he didn't tear his ACL would be above Marshall.

I love Rufus but I can't put him above those 4. This is a strong group. Brandon Moore is still in the NFL.

usmc-sooner
8/30/2006, 11:53 PM
Marshall
Calmus
Lehman

Egeo
8/30/2006, 11:54 PM
calmus
tmarsh
lehman

i almost went with lehman second because of the 01 defense being better than the 00 imo
but tmarsh just made some giant plays that lehman never made
lehman was consistently good though he just didnt have any game winners (that he was responcible for - so randomly standing where a batted pass flys at you doesnt count)

but it also could be said that lehman was good enough no one picked on him either

Octavian
8/30/2006, 11:57 PM
I'd be happy w/ any of these guys but starters:

Calmus
Teddy
Marshall

All_Day_28
8/31/2006, 12:03 AM
lets switch to the 3-4 with these guys
Marshal
Calmus
Lehman
RUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Desert Sapper
8/31/2006, 12:17 AM
First Team

Teddy Lehman - Butkus and Bednarik Award Winner, 2 time All American, 329 TT, 51 TFL, 5 INTs, 2 FF, 5 FR, amazingly fast and talented LB.

Rocky Calmus - Butkus winner, 2 time All American, 431 TT, 57 TFL, 3 INT, 4 FF, 6 FR, THE middle backer. He was a stud for four years and did everything he needed to on the national championship team.

Torrance Marshall - The INT return for a TD against aTm in 2000 and the intimidation of Chris Weinke are the biggest reasons he's here.

Second Team

Ruuuufus Alexander - One of the best, fastest LBs we've had on the outside. 102 TT in 2005, 17 TFL, 5 Sacks, 1 INT. He gets great penetration and could have a huge year this year (talking Butkus, All-American type year).

Lance Mitchell - Great force and tremendous tackler. Lance could have been even better if not for the injury. He was looking to have a monster year and could have joined Teddy as an All-American in 2003.

Clint Ingram - 2005's INT leader (5). Had 61 TT, 12 TFL, and 5 sacks in 2005. The credit for the Holiday bowl went to the idiot, but the winner was Clint Ingram. One of the greatest INTs in Sooner history.

jackietreehorn
8/31/2006, 12:30 AM
yup, i agree... we'll run the 3-4 or the 4-4 and play

calmus
marshall
lehman
rufus.

FaninAma
8/31/2006, 12:37 AM
Brandon Moore deserves honorable mention notice. He had a solid career at OU and finished with it off with a ring under Stoops.

FaninAma
8/31/2006, 02:52 PM
Marshall finished off strong but he had some off the field issues that I think should kept him off my all-Stoops team.

soonerreign
8/31/2006, 04:02 PM
Not to be a contrarian, but didn't Rocky, Teddy, & Rufus all play the will linebacker position?

HarrisTubbsFan
8/31/2006, 04:14 PM
Lehman played some sam and middle in 01.

stoopified
8/31/2006, 04:18 PM
1. Rocky Calmus. Again, a no brainer.
2. Teddy Lehman: More athletic that Calmus but without the instincts.
3.Ruuuuuuufus: Could challenge Rocky for the best LB under Stoops if he has a great year this year.

Unlike oL, this position has some quality players who could easily slip into the top 3: Torrance Marshall, Lance mitchell just to name a couple.My list is exactly the same.Well you know what they say about great minds.:D

Duke o Brewery
8/31/2006, 04:50 PM
Calmus, Ruuufus
Marshall, Mitchel
Lehman, Ingram

soonerreign
8/31/2006, 04:52 PM
I think the list goes Rufus at Will, Torrance at Mike, and Teddy at Sam. Rocky was awesome, but I think Rufus is better. If OU had won more games last year, Rufus would have won the Butkus.