PDA

View Full Version : A dissappointing Mayor

soonerhubs
8/30/2006, 11:24 PM
Rocky Anderson... The Al Gore of Utah. (No offense AG ;))
I would Post the entire text, but it's a discustingly long b****-fest. (http://www.ci.slc.ut.us/mayor/speeches/2006%20speeches/SPdemonstration83006.pdf)

How this man got elected in the middle of Mormonville... I'll never know. :mad:

I just sent Rocky Anderson this email.

Sir your remarks disappoint me due to the fact that they are a bunch of complaints without any suggested solutions. It's easy to complain, it's harder to offer alternatives. I also noted that your entire speech cited not one source. Perhaps if you could give me sources regarding complaints such as where you have absolute knowledge that there NEVER were WMD's in Iraq maybe I could change my mind. You speech offers pretty bold/omniscient comments with which I don't think you have authority. Now don't get me wrong, I agree with comments such as the lack of effectiveness regarding D.A.R.E., and honestly I think you have been right when saying that Liquor Laws in Utah are a failure to separate church and state, but to give such an inflammatory speech I feel is disrespectful. If you're going to shout from a podium, I'd enjoy to hear you shout some research based solutions to these problems you seem to fervently complain about, however, I don't expect you to respond to this email. While you were on the clock airing your personal agendas, I was getting ready to work a swing shift attempting to make an honest living. I hope you can say the same about your day.

OklahomaTuba
8/30/2006, 11:46 PM
Like most of the poor disturbed souls that suffer from Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Derangement_Syndrome), a common symptom is a complete inability to understand facts, history or reality. Such is the case the WMD in Iraq, of which hundreds of warheads have been found, on top of hundreds of thousands of tons of enriched uranium that our troops carted out of the country after the invasion.

Unfortunatly, this Mayor is just the latest example of BDS in action. I expect the Mormon Nation will soon correct this problem so this poor soul will have plenty of time to treat his condition.

Harry Beanbag
8/30/2006, 11:51 PM
I thought this was gonna be another Chocolate Ray Nagin thread.

pb4ou
8/31/2006, 03:08 AM
me too

King Crimson
8/31/2006, 03:26 AM
Such is the case the WMD in Iraq, of which hundreds of warheads have been found, on top of hundreds of thousands of tons of enriched uranium that our troops carted out of the country after the invasion.

invasion is such a dirty word, i prefer liberation.

hundreds of thousands of tons? you have a link for that?

OklahomaTuba
8/31/2006, 08:55 AM
invasion is such a dirty word, i prefer liberation.

hundreds of thousands of tons? you have a link for that?

Not sure why I typed hundred of thousands of tons, must have been really drunk last nite, my apologies.

Here is the actual number...

The US has revealed that it removed more than 1.7 metric tons of radioactive material from Iraq in a secret operation last month.
"This operation was a major achievement," said US Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham in a statement.

He said it would keep "potentially dangerous nuclear materials out of the hands of terrorists".

Along with 1.77 tons of enriched uranium, about 1,000 "highly radioactive sources" were also removed.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3872201.stm

OklahomaTuba
8/31/2006, 08:57 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060829/capt.8fbd7e08266c4ff3b9fa80aa9279505e.american_leg ion___rice_utfh104.jpg

Glad to know the mayor of SLC is pandering to this type of crowd.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2006, 09:03 AM
Who gives a sh*t? Iraq will fall apart once we leave anyway.

OklahomaTuba
8/31/2006, 09:13 AM
AQ & Iran seem to give a ****.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2006, 09:18 AM

No sh*t Sherlock. Who do you think is causing these problems in Iraq, the Iraqis?

Moran.

Scott D
8/31/2006, 11:42 AM

like it matters, it'll be part of Iran within 6 months of us leaving.