PDA

View Full Version : The All-Stoops' Team By Position(s): Defensive Line

FaninAma
8/30/2006, 11:11 PM
DT: Tommie Harris: Awesome athletic ability and great work ethic.

DT:Jeremy Wilson-Guest: Once again I rank this player higher because partly of what the team achieved and the fact that he played through injuries to help anchor an overachieving defensive line in 2000.

DE: Dan Cody: Another in a long line of Stoops' ability to find spectacular players in less well known high school athletes. Best motor of any DL during Stoops' tenure.

DE: Tough choice but Im going with CJ Ah You based on my opinion that he will have an even better year than he did last year.

Soonerus
8/30/2006, 11:11 PM
Granville Liggons

FaninAma
8/30/2006, 11:19 PM
Granville Liggons

It's Granville Liggins.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/30/2006, 11:19 PM
I would say Jonathan Jackson, but by the end of this year he might be behind Ah You and Birdine ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/30/2006, 11:20 PM
Dvoracek deserved some credit as well. Dvoracek and Cody could be on the All-Redemption team

HarrisTubbsFan
8/30/2006, 11:25 PM
I would put Fisher over Guest. He was all conference in 2000. DD and McGruder would both be better picks then Guest also. But I would probably put Fisher there he was the anchor of that NC DLine.

Jackson or Wilkerson at DE. I would probably say Wilkerson but Jackson was a 4 year starter.

Egeo
8/30/2006, 11:26 PM
dvoracek is my fav dlineman of the era

*im not sure tommie had the best work ethic - he just had the best talent and a decent work ethic

sooneron
8/30/2006, 11:29 PM
Yeah, didn't tommie say in a recent article that he's been phoning it in until now?

Egeo
8/30/2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah, didn't tommie say in a recent article that he's been phoning it in until now?
yep

usmc-sooner
8/30/2006, 11:42 PM
Dan Cody
Tommie Harris
Dusty D
Jimmy Wilkerson

all playing on sunday

Desert Sapper
8/30/2006, 11:54 PM
DE Jimmy Wilkerson was AWESOME. I just wish he'd stayed for his senior year. He would have been an All-American.

DT Tommie had great penetration and regularly drew double teams. Lombardi award and 2 time all american, anybody?

DT Ryan Fisher was one reason we were so stout on D in 2000.

DE Dan Cody had a non-stop motor and made huge plays regularly. All American performer.

Second Team

DE Jonathan Jackson was a steady performer and he had a knack for disrupting plays behind the line (Texas 2003 INT for a TD Anyone?)

DT Dusty Dvoracek made some awesome plays and anchored OUr D-Line in 2005. If he was there in 2004, things might have ended a little better.

DT Kory Klein was a good, steady force in the middle.

DE Cory Heineke was a steady performer. Anybody remember that fumble return for a TD against AF in 2001?

Egeo
8/30/2006, 11:59 PM
im thinking larry birdine might have a great year...

FaninAma
8/31/2006, 12:36 AM
The entire 2000 DL was a bunch of overacievers: others not mentioned were: Ramon Richardson and Barry Holleyman.

OUMallen
8/31/2006, 11:01 AM
DT: Tommie Harris: Awesome athletic ability and great work ethic.

DT:Jeremy Wilson-Guest: Once again I rank this player higher because partly of what the team achieved and the fact that he played through injuries to help anchor an overachieving defensive line in 2000.

DE: Dan Cody: Another in a long line of Stoops' ability to find spectacular players in less well known high school athletes. Best motor of any DL during Stoops' tenure.

DE: Tough choice but Im going with CJ Ah You based on my opinion that he will have an even better year than he did last year.

You're letting 200 cloud your vision. :D

FaninAma
8/31/2006, 02:00 PM
You're letting 200 cloud your vision. :D

I am most definitley. I love overachievers. My wife says I'm an overachiever. I'm not sure what she means by that, but I think she's trying to tell me I overachieved by marrying her. :)

Duke o Brewery
8/31/2006, 04:58 PM
End: Wilkerson, Birdine
Tackle: Harris, Klein
Tackle: Dvoracek, McGruder
End: Cody, Ah You