PDA

View Full Version : Hey 1TC & Other Oil Field Wannabes

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2006, 08:46 PM
I've been out here in Atoka for the last 24 days & it' been cush. I've been living in a 14' X 60' trailer house with a dishwasher, washer/dryer, & full size fridge. OK, that doesn't sound like much, but out here it is.

So, we're about done here, only about 1100 feet to go & I'm already telling my wife that I'll be home sometime next week. Then the call comes. My boss informs me I'm going to start a new job tomorrow, solo, and it's open ended. I could conceivably be gone another 25 days or more. Tomorrow's gonna be a helluva day for me. I'll be packin' up tonight to be out on location over in Wilburton at about 5pm to rig up. I'll prolly be up for about 30 hours straight. Prolly no innerweb or cell service as bonuses.

Be careful what you wish for...'cause you just might get it. :D

olevetonahill
8/30/2006, 09:18 PM
I've been out here in Atoka for the last 24 days & it' been cush. I've been living in a 14' X 60' trailer house with a dishwasher, washer/dryer, & full size fridge. OK, that doesn't sound like much, but out here it is.

So, we're about done here, only about 1100 feet to go & I'm already telling my wife that I'll be home sometime next week. Then the call comes. My boss informs me I'm going to start a new job tomorrow, solo, and it's open ended. I could conceivably be gone another 25 days or more. Tomorrow's gonna be a helluva day for me. I'll be packin' up tonight to be out on location over in Wilburton at about 5pm to rig up. I'll prolly be up for about 30 hours straight. Prolly no innerweb or cell service as bonuses.

Be careful what you wish for...'cause you just might get it. :D

Dude you are gonna be less than 30 miles from me . you better hollar so we can drink some beer :cool:

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2006, 09:50 PM
Heh, I'll watch you drink it, this time. I'm not allowed to have alcohol while on a job.

If I can find a way out, I'll definately PM ya, but I'm going to be by myself on this one. Maybe you can come see me.

usmc-sooner
8/30/2006, 09:52 PM
68 what do you do?

GottaHavePride
8/30/2006, 09:57 PM
I've been out here in Atoka for the last 24 days & it' been cush.

You have been surrounded by my relatives that whole time. just FYI. Also FYI, when you start running DON'T STOP TO LOOK BEHIND YOU!

usmc-sooner
8/30/2006, 10:01 PM
You have been surrounded by my relatives that whole time. just FYI. Also FYI, when you start running DON'T STOP TO LOOK BEHIND YOU!

squeal like a pig:D

Sooner24
8/30/2006, 10:09 PM
http://super-genius.org/images/deliverance.jpg

:eek:

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2006, 11:11 PM
68 what do you do?

I'm an MWD operator, ie, I watch a computer for 12 hours at a time in the oil field. This next job though, I'll be "watching" it for 24. ;)

soonerboomer93
8/30/2006, 11:17 PM
hmmm, that's why I don't think i'd do field work. well not that type. Although i did just accept a job that will send me to south korea for 18 months

Mongo
8/30/2006, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the world of 24 on!!! Dude, having met olevet, and hearing horror stories of SE OK, pack a gun or two, LOADED!!! Oilfield pays great, but you will work your *** off. Good luck, I will drink a cold one for you since I am off for a week or so.

critical_phil
8/30/2006, 11:34 PM
Although i did just accept a job that will send me to south korea for 18 months

enjoy starving to death.

unless you like dried squid and fermented cabbage....

Mongo
8/30/2006, 11:36 PM
enjoy starving to death.

unless you like dried squid and fermented cabbage....and then a prolapsed anus from all the sh!tting you will be doing

fixed:D

soonerboomer93
8/30/2006, 11:37 PM
enjoy starving to death.

unless you like dried squid and fermented cabbage....

and dominos and other american goodness

but it's not like loosing a bit of weight would hurt me

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2006, 11:45 PM
Welcome to the world of 24 on!!! Dude, having met olevet, and hearing horror stories of SE OK, pack a gun or two, LOADED!!! Oilfield pays great, but you will work your *** off. Good luck, I will drink a cold one for you since I am off for a week or so.

Oh I've been solo operator on 4 jobs so far...two out in the panhandle. :eek: I was just ready to get this one over with & get home for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the Washington tailgate, but who knows. Mrs. '68 wants to buy a house next year so I'm not complaining much.

SE OK is downright scary in some places. I was on a job last summer where one of the drillers got stopped by some locals & got a gun pulled on him. I'm guessing his "wrong turn" got him too close to their dope field. :D