PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of SicEm and SicEmFriend

SicEmBaylor
8/30/2006, 06:58 PM
So, SicEmFriend is this italian yankee from Massachussetts that I've been friends with at Baylor for the last several years. We've both got a lot of the same eccentricities and quirks and end up feeding off each other and only exaggerating our negatives. ;)

Anyway, SicEmFriend was staying at another friend's apartment until his new place is ready. SicEmFriend accidently puts a big hole in the wall when, I think, he was moving stuff out. I'm not totally sure how it happened, but I went over there and there it was. So, we had SicEmFriend2 comes over who is the un-Baylor..very handy and knowledgeable of more blue collar/hands on pursuits. He takes SicEmFriend to the hardware store to pick up supplies to fix this hole in the wall, and I go along for the entertainment of it.

SicEmFriend2 afterward described the experiance as, "taking two boyscouts to their first whore house." Anywhoo, SicEmFriend2 is throwing all kinds of **** into the cart and SicEmFriend starts to suspect that he's just screwing him over and making him buy a bunch of crap that he doesn't need; however, neither of us know a damned thing about it so we're stuck on taking SicEmFriend2's word. He's telling us what all of this stuff is and what it does, but we both tell him that we don't really care we just want to get out of there without a lesson in drywall.

Finally, we get up to the counter to checkout and this hot hardware-store chick who is checking us out is asking SicEmFriend if he got everything he needed. He looks at her and says, "You know this entire place and everyone who comes here represents a whole sub-culture of American society that I never knew..and perhaps didn't want to know...existed." She just looked at him dumbfounded.

So, the hole gets fixed tonight and SicEmFriend2 is making SicEmFriend fix it himself under supervision. I'm going to go over there and watch for hillarity sake. Updates to continue.

OUHOMER
8/30/2006, 07:08 PM
Sounds like SicEmFriend needs to pull his nose back down to a level field. just a little stuck up to me. If i would have been SicEmFriend2, i would have made him call a contractor and pay 4 times what it should be. Glad hes making him do it. Hope he learns how the blue collared sub-culture americans can get **** done.:eek:

But thats just me;)

Blue
8/30/2006, 07:08 PM
He looks at her and says, "You know this entire place and everyone who comes here represents a whole sub-culture of American society that I never knew..and perhaps didn't want to know...existed." She just looked at him dumbfounded.

:rolleyes:

A guy that doesn't go to Home Depot? I bet he drinks Zima too. :cool:

afs
8/30/2006, 07:13 PM
Let us know when SicEmFriend is running for public office so we can vote against him.

olevetonahill
8/30/2006, 07:17 PM
:rolleyes:

A guy that doesn't go to Home Depot? I bet he drinks Zima too. :cool:
I think he might drive an ugly *** orange car to :twinkies:

SoonerInKCMO
8/30/2006, 07:36 PM
Finally, we get up to the counter to checkout and this hot hardware-store chick who is checking us out is asking SicEmFriend if he got everything he needed. He looks at her and says, "You know this entire place and everyone who comes here represents a whole sub-culture of American society that I never knew..and perhaps didn't want to know...existed." She just looked at him dumbfounded.

Where's this guy live? I wanna go over and kick him in the junk.

LoyalFan
8/30/2006, 07:47 PM
Am I the only lynx-eyed one here?

[QUOTE=SicEmBaylor]...I've been friends with at Baylor for the last SEVERAL YEARS. [QUOTE]

Uhhhh...SicEm? You there, laddie?
I gotta ask; Just how many is "several"?
Y'see, most folks graduate in four, mebbe five, years, and I always kinda/sorta thought anything from 3-5 = "a few". Know what I mean?
Of course, if you're in post-grad, then all is well...all is well.
Sorry to add to an already seemingly gargantuan angst. There, there...

"Hush, Little SicEm, don't ya'll cry. Loyal's gonna buy you a trip to Branson.
And if Sweet Melo won't show up, Loyal's gonna send *one with at least a C cup.
If that C cup gal won't play, I'll make you one outta modellin' clay..."

(Work in progress)

*Handy foot pump included.

Kindly Uncle Loyal

SicEmBaylor
8/30/2006, 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=SicEmBaylor]...I've been friends with at Baylor for the last SEVERAL YEARS. [QUOTE]

Y'see, most folks graduate in four, mebbe five, years, and I always kinda/sorta thought anything from 3-5 = "a few". Know what I mean?

(Work in progress)

Kindly Uncle Loyal

I graduate in December. I got a year or so behind because my sister was diagnosed with a disease that almost killed her and still threatens her life today. Between the medical bills and them needing help to take care of her, I just decided to take a year off to ease the burden on them.

SicEmBaylor
8/30/2006, 07:53 PM
And SicEm friend hates politics, he's a biz major.

SicEmBaylor
8/30/2006, 07:56 PM
This is the same guy who was with me when I had my flat tire; he told me that he didn't think I needed the flat tire (with the wheel still on it), so not knowing any better I ditched the thing.
:sigh:

See, at least I grew up in a small town in OK and know OF these things (even if I don't know the details)..he on the other hand grew up in Boston and doesn't have a clue.

LoyalFan
8/30/2006, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=LoyalFan]Am I the only lynx-eyed one here?

[QUOTE=SicEmBaylor]...I've been friends with at Baylor for the last SEVERAL YEARS.

I graduate in December. I got a year or so behind because my sister was diagnosed with a disease that almost killed her and still threatens her life today. Between the medical bills and them needing help to take care of her, I just decided to take a year off to ease the burden on them.

Good jorb! Hope Sis will be fine...in tonight's prayers, for certain.

LF

SicEmBaylor
8/30/2006, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=SicEmBaylor][QUOTE=LoyalFan]Am I the only lynx-eyed one here?

Good jorb! Hope Sis will be fine...in tonight's prayers, for certain.

LF

Thanks, she's doing alright. The disease she has caused her kidneys to shut down, but she got a transplant and is otherwise doing fine. The hardpart is keeping the disease in remission so it doesn't come back and start attacking her kidneys or lungs again.

OUinFLA
8/30/2006, 09:05 PM

(Work in progress)

Kindly Uncle Loyal

I caught that too, but then I thought........what the heck we had a great qb who had like 9 years or so of elegibility. So, I decided to let it pass.
:D

tbl
8/30/2006, 09:21 PM
Dude... every new thread you start about your life just makes me wonder more and more about you...

A subculture of American society? What, you mean men? You know, people that can take care of stuff around the house and actually fix things? Yowza...

You have GOT to get out of school and get into the real world sometime soon, holmes. Seriously...

SicEmBaylor
8/30/2006, 09:52 PM
I got a PoliSci redshirt. ;)