PDA

View Full Version : We're taking over Tulsa

jeremy885
8/30/2006, 03:57 PM
IF TD2K can post stuff about her Aggie researching body armor company, then I'm posting about my roofing distribution company.

Beacon Roofing Supply Announces Acquisition of Oklahoma-based RSM Supply

PEABODY, Mass., Aug 30, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. (Nasdaq: BECN) ("Beacon") announced today the acquisition of Roofing & Sheet Metal Supply, Inc. ("RSM Supply"), a Tulsa, Oklahoma-based distributor of residential and commercial roofing products with locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Joplin, Missouri and in Springdale and Fort Smith, Arkansas.

RSM Supply is a successful and well-established distributor of roofing products and presents Beacon with the opportunity to enter the growing Northwest Arkansas market and add to its existing locations in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arkansas. Founded in 1958, RSM Supply employs 70 associates and generated net sales of approximately $33 million for its fiscal year ended November 30, 2005. It will continue to operate under the RSM Supply name within Beacon's Southwest region, operated by Shelter Distribution , which will further leverage the operating efficiencies of Beacon's locations in the Southwestern United States.

Jim Turner, owner of RSM Supply, stated, "Our company has a rich heritage and we are proud to be joining a company with a culture, principles and values similar to ours. We believe that joining Beacon will provide the resources and economies of scale needed to accelerate our growth. The management team and all of our associates are excited about becoming part of such a dynamic and first-class organization."

Robert Buck, President & CEO of Beacon, emphasized the strategic fit of the RSM Supply acquisition and stated, "RSM Supply provides Beacon with an excellent opportunity to enhance our geographic presence in the Southwest as well as to expand into the high-growth Northwest, Arkansas market. RSM Supply has a proven track record of consistent growth and profitability, with talented employees that have a commitment to customer satisfaction consistent with Beacon's philosophy. They are a welcome addition to our company."

About Beacon Roofing Supply Inc.:

Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is a leading distributor of roofing materials and complementary building products operating 155 branches in 31 states in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Central Plains, Southeast, Southwest and Western regions of the United States and in Eastern Canada.

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding Beacon Roofing Supply Inc.'s business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.

SOURCE: Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc.

Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc.
David Grace, CFO

"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding Beacon Roofing Supply Inc.'s business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.

biz.yahoo.com/bw/060830/20060830005705.html?.v=1

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 03:59 PM
Do you know if they will be leaving us any jobs?

TIA

Jimminy Crimson
8/30/2006, 03:59 PM
Take that, Tulsa! ;)

jeremy885
8/30/2006, 04:02 PM
Do you know if they will be leaving us any jobs?

TIA

Nope. We're going to sell the shingles from India.

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2006, 04:03 PM
We may need a "look at what my company is doing" board.

Or is it just a sub board of the "Cry for attention" board?

;)

mdklatt
8/30/2006, 04:04 PM
Do you know if they will be leaving our illegal Mexicans any jobs?

Fixed.

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2006, 04:06 PM
Fixed.

I thought they all went to New Orleans?

jeremy885
8/30/2006, 04:07 PM
There is enough of them to go around.

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2006, 04:11 PM
There is enough of them to go around.

:les: WHO YOU CALLING THEM!!!!

BeetDigger
8/30/2006, 04:19 PM
I thought a roofing company taught dogs to bark. :confused:

StoopTroup
8/30/2006, 04:22 PM
http://images.encarta.msn.com/xrefmedia/sharemed/targets/images/pho/t040/T040521A.jpg

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 04:23 PM
C'mon boy, what does sandpaper feel like?

StoopTroup
8/30/2006, 04:27 PM
I saw an episode of "Dirty Jobs" on the Discovery Channel the other day and they had Mike Rowe helping this Roofing Company Owner do a hot tar job on some business in California I think.

That looked really fun.:rolleyes: :eek:

:pop: