PDA

View Full Version : Lunch Sucked

C&CDean
8/30/2006, 02:35 PM
Well, not really. The food was good, the surrounding idiots not so much.

I went to Penny Hill with momma. At first, I thought it was gonna be a great lunch. We sat down next to Bobby Proctor. Our sammiches were very good (Italian for me, California club for her).

Then, Jim Traber walks in. What a dildo. Then, a bunch of Norman high chicks walk in. I heard the word "like" no less than 1,000 times. "Like we went to Missy's, and like she said like you guys are like so not going to like ruin my birthday with like crashing the party and like freaking everybody out."

Then, like, some of the Norman Westsider soccer moms come in. They said like a lot too. "Like Randall bought me the Lexus SUV because like he didn't want anybody seeing me in like a Ford Excursion."

Then, a dad comes in with about a 6 year old daughter. Of course she's carrying her happy meal from Mc****ingDonalds. Are you kidding me? If you're one of those parents who carries your kid to McGrease, then carry them into the place where you wanna eat, let me offer this: Take control of your situation. If the kid can't eat where everybody else is eating, let the little **** starve. And it works the other way around too. I was in a McGrowler once and this lady comes in carrying a Taco Hell sack. WTF is wrong with you?

Then we stopped to get some beer/soda for the tailgate. This is the first time I've been to a grocery store in LIKE forever. WTF is up with these self-checkout things? I've never seen them before. It took us 3 times longer to use it. I start getting ****ed and go "jeezus honey, let's just take this **** to a real person, this sucks" and she says "well a real person does monitor it - and sure enough, the machine is beeping going "put the **** back on the scale, put the **** back on the scale" and this lady standing at a main terminal is going "it's OK sir, you can put it in the basket." I'm madder than a jap, and the lady finally comes over and finishes the transaction - cause the machine is going "please call customer assistance to complete your transaction - please put the **** back on the scale...."

So, now my italian sammich keeps burping back up through my nose, I have a splitting headache from having to go to the GD grocery store (men are not physically equipped for that whole deal) and I keep saying "like, that sucked."

I'm going home sick.

Howzit
8/30/2006, 02:38 PM
The machine should be changed to say "Matlock starts at 4:00. Matlock starts at 4:00."

Hamhock
8/30/2006, 02:38 PM
I'm madder than a jap,

post reported

C&CDean
8/30/2006, 02:39 PM
Go **** yourself.

Petro-Sooner
8/30/2006, 02:39 PM
Why no love for Traber? :D

I agree though.

Howzit
8/30/2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah, Hamhock.

TexasLidig8r
Greatness..... like. :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
Wait 'til you see that Norm has a 'Murse'.

Hamhock
I'm now going to think of Dean every time I'm cussing the old fart in front of me that can't figure out the self-checkout.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/30/2006, 02:42 PM
The self-checkout thingies always make you get someone if you buy beer. They have to ID you.

I wish I could just scan-in my crow's feet and go on with my business. DANG.

Viking Kitten
8/30/2006, 02:42 PM
Wait 'til you see that Norm has a 'Murse'.

Hell, I think Norm posted this after getting hold of Dean's password.

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 02:45 PM
The self-checkout thingies always make you get someone if you buy beer. They have to ID you.

I wish I could just scan-in my crow's feet and go on with my business. DANG.

Those ain't bad eatin' if you're a little tight on money and you don't mind a little gnawin'.

Skysooner
8/30/2006, 02:50 PM
I don't mind self-checkout. It takes some of the crowds off of the manned lines where I go. I just don't get taking a full grocery bag over there and doing it yourself. There are also the times when I have one item and a self-checkout lane is open, and I'm out of there in under a minute.

Norm In Norman
8/30/2006, 02:54 PM
Hey Dean - your left blinker has been on for the past 3 miles. I thought you should know.

Viking Kitten
8/30/2006, 02:55 PM
I love self checkout. One less a**hole I gotta pretend to be nice to on any given day.

Hamhock
8/30/2006, 02:57 PM
I don't mind self-checkout. It takes some of the crowds off of the manned lines where I go. I just don't get taking a full grocery bag over there and doing it yourself. There are also the times when I have one item and a self-checkout lane is open, and I'm out of there in under a minute.

<------ How'd you spend all your VCash?

royalfan5
8/30/2006, 02:59 PM
Self-checkout is one of the greatest inventions known to man as long as you don't try to buy beer/tobacco/high dollar electronics at it. Checking out isn't rocket science, and you don't to do deal with a cashier.

IB4OU2
8/30/2006, 03:05 PM
Gawd it's hell being old on this board....

:les: Matlock Haters!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/30/2006, 03:13 PM

I wish I could just scan-in my crow's feet and go on with my business. DANG.It ID'd my mom and I the other day. We were thinking WTF does it want? The lady came over and said it was because we were trying to puchase the movie Young Guns for my dad.

Jimminy Crimson
8/30/2006, 03:17 PM
It ID'd my mom and I the other day. We were thinking WTF does it want? The lady came over and said it was because we were trying to puchase the movie Young Guns for my dad.

It is rated R, you know... ;)

MamaMia
8/30/2006, 03:23 PM
Then we stopped to get some beer/soda for the tailgate. This is the first time I've been to a grocery store in LIKE forever. WTF is up with these self-checkout things? I've never seen them before. It took us 3 times longer to use it. I start getting ****ed and go "jeezus honey, let's just take this **** to a real person, this sucks" and she says "well a real person does monitor it - and sure enough, the machine is beeping going "put the **** back on the scale, put the **** back on the scale" and this lady standing at a main terminal is going "it's OK sir, you can put it in the basket." I'm madder than a jap, and the lady finally comes over and finishes the transaction - cause the machine is going "please call customer assistance to complete your transaction - please put the **** back on the scale...."
Those self checkouts can be more trouble than they're worth alright. I thought they were suppose to save you some time, but now I'm beginning to think they are designed to save the stores money by cutting down on the number of checkers they have to hire. If you purchase things that don't require bagging, such as water, paper towels, toilet paper, pop or the like, they will freeze up on you after a couple items. Then you have to wait for a CSM to come over to make sure you aren't stealing anything. The CSMs are suppose to be stationed at the end of the self checking isles but they are usually busy trying to get some other self checkers register to allow them to continue, so you may have to wait a while before its your turn.

Viking Kitten
8/30/2006, 03:28 PM
Jebus people. It ain't a 747. It's a freakin' cash register.

;)

Howzit
8/30/2006, 03:29 PM
Jebus people. It ain't a 747. It's a freakin' cash register.

;)

:les: THAT TALKS!!!!11!

NormanPride
8/30/2006, 03:29 PM
I'm pretty sure mine was made by Boeing...

VeeJay
8/30/2006, 03:31 PM
Mom is right.

Why do you hate grocery chains that want to increase their sales per man hour?

Viking Kitten
8/30/2006, 03:33 PM
:les: THAT TALKS!!!!11!

EXACTLY!!!

It even tells you what to do!

If I could find a 747 that would tell me how to fly it, I'd be landing at Charles de Gaulle for a day of shoe shopping right now.

toast
8/30/2006, 03:38 PM
Those self checkouts can be more trouble than they're worth alright. I thought they were suppose to save you some time, but now I'm beginning to think they are designed to save the stores money by cutting down on the number of checkers they have to hire. If you purchase things that don't require bagging, such as water, paper towels, toilet paper, pop or the like, they will freeze up on you after a couple items. Then you have to wait for a CSM to come over to make sure you aren't stealing anything. The CSMs are suppose to be stationed at the end of the self checking isles but they are usually busy trying to get some other self checkers register to allow them to continue, so you may have to wait a while before its your turn.

Yeah but on the bright side you don't have some snotty nosed kid putting their hands all over your "produce" either.

VeeJay
8/30/2006, 03:41 PM
I discovered these self checkout counters at Home Depot. There's usually a slacker watching over three or four lanes. Even though I've never tried, if you slipped one of these slackers a twenty spot, I'll bet ya could walk out of there with most anything.

King Crimson
8/30/2006, 03:44 PM
I discovered these self checkout counters at Home Depot. There's usually a slacker watching over three or four lanes. Even though I've never tried, if you slipped one of these slackers a twenty spot, I'll bet ya could walk out of there with most anything.

there are cameras in/over the self-checkouts. i wouldn't advise it.

MamaMia
8/30/2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah but on the bright side you don't have some snotty nosed kid putting their hands all over your "produce" either.Yes, and that is a real plus. :D

Hamhock
8/30/2006, 03:50 PM
there are cameras in/over the self-checkouts. i wouldn't advise it.

He's just kidding....I think you should try it.

BeetDigger
8/30/2006, 03:50 PM
If he hasn't got one already, I envision a brown oldsmobile sedan in Dean's near future. And a John Deere hat.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/30/2006, 03:51 PM
I love 'em. I see people try to use them that seem very intimidated, though.

Prolly the same people that are scared of computers and stuff.

But I'm just guessing.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/30/2006, 04:00 PM
I love 'em. I see people try to use them that seem very intimidated, though.

Prolly the same people that are scared of computers and stuff.

But I'm just guessing.Oh I love them too. I freak out when I get behind some slow person who doesn't know their *** though. One time I was behind a woman who was trying to buy ears of corn from the produce section. She was entering the code for each freaking ear of corn. OMG! NO!

Howzit
8/30/2006, 04:03 PM
Oh I love them too. I freak out when I get behind some slow person who doesn't know their *** though. One time I was behind a woman who was trying to buy ears of corn from the produce section. She was entering the code for each freaking ear of corn. OMG! NO!

Why didn't she just scam it?

Skysooner
8/30/2006, 04:14 PM
<------ How'd you spend all your VCash?

I bet on a couple of Thursday night games. See you in Vegas.

IB4OU2
8/30/2006, 04:19 PM
EXACTLY!!!

It even tells you what to do!

If I could find a 747 that would tell me how to fly it, I'd be landing at Charles de Gaulle for a day of shoe shopping right now.

Yea, but they don't cash my SS checks.....:mad: :rolleyes:

King Crimson
8/30/2006, 04:38 PM
He's just kidding....I think you should try it.

ohh, i missed that. thanks.

Hamhock
8/30/2006, 04:43 PM
ohh, i missed that. thanks.

no, I meant that you were just kidding. there aren't really cameras at the self checkouts and that VeeJay should try stealing something 'cause he'd never, ever get caught.

who's on first?

dolemitesooner
8/30/2006, 07:35 PM
Dean you look like traber

BudSooner
8/30/2006, 10:15 PM
:les: McGROWLAH!!!!:D

Frozen Sooner
8/31/2006, 01:02 AM
I love the self-checkout.

I don't see why people have problems with them. It's relatively easy-hell, it's a job that a teenage kid manages to do pretty well. Find the bar code. Run it over scanner. Put it in bag.

This isn't brain surgery, people.

King Crimson
8/31/2006, 01:07 AM
ya know froz, it's pretty easy to make yer own cherry limeades....it's real easy. my mom's limeades kick ***, but you have to suck up too much to get her to actually make them.

the thing classic 50's has, is that rabbit **** sized ice. something about that is the deal.

Frozen Sooner
8/31/2006, 01:10 AM
Yep. It is pretty easy to make my own Cherry Limeade.

I walk to the fridge and pull the bottle of Minute Maid Cherry Limeade out, then pour it in a glass.

But it's still not as good as Classic 50s.

(I've got a sweet blender that'll crush the ice down to rabbit-poo size, too.)

C&CDean
8/31/2006, 09:05 AM
Dean you look like traber

And you look like the wrinkle under the tit of a lactating pachyderm.

So, let me get this straight, if you live your life like the Good Book says - you know, momma gets the groceries and daddy cuts the grass - but somehow you get suckered into having to go inside a grocery store under the guise of "let's go to lunch honey," and you've never even seen one of these POS machines they installed in a grocery store to save a little $ on cashier workhours, and your wife decides to use the damn thing, and there's another one open right in front if it and she says "go ahead and start running your basket of stuff through that one," and the POS machine decides that you need to leave the cases of beer on the scale or "in the bag" and locks up, and you get ****ed, suddenly you're a Matlock fan?

Matlock? Never seen it. EVAR.

It will be another 10 years before you see my fat *** in another grocery store. Men ain't cut out for women's work. We go jacking around with the plan, and people are gonna get hurt.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2006, 09:07 AM
You sound like such a drama queen.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/31/2006, 09:08 AM
-and your wife decides to use the damn thing, and there's another one open right in front if it and she says "go ahead and start running your basket of stuff through that one,"

You left this little detail out of the original story.

She TOTALLY threw you under the bus. I'll bet she was giggling to herself the entire time.

Heh.

C&CDean
8/31/2006, 09:10 AM
You left this little detail out of the original story.

She TOTALLY threw you under the bus. I'll bet she was giggling to herself the entire time.

Heh.

Yeah, she paid dearly too. When we got home I made her unload all the **** and put it in the RV her own damn self.

IB4OU2
8/31/2006, 09:36 AM
Yeah, she paid dearly too. When we got home I made her unload all the **** and put it in the RV her own damn self.

Well, make her change the oil in the tractor next time.

Hamhock
8/31/2006, 09:45 AM
I agree. As a Matlock fan, I'm not happy the greatest lawyers since Perry Mason is being associated with this thread.

:texan:

1stTimeCaller
8/31/2006, 09:47 AM
I agree. As a Matlock fan, I'm not happy the greatest lawyers since Perry Mason is being associated with this thread.

:texan:

he wouldn't hold that title if Angela Landsbury had taken the Bar exam. jus sayin'

opksooner
8/31/2006, 09:48 AM
Well, not really. The food was good, the surrounding idiots not so much.

I went to Penny Hill with momma. At first, I thought it was gonna be a great lunch. We sat down next to Bobby Proctor. Our sammiches were very good (Italian for me, California club for her).

Then, Jim Traber walks in. What a dildo. Then, a bunch of Norman high chicks walk in. I heard the word "like" no less than 1,000 times. "Like we went to Missy's, and like she said like you guys are like so not going to like ruin my birthday with like crashing the party and like freaking everybody out."

Then, like, some of the Norman Westsider soccer moms come in. They said like a lot too. "Like Randall bought me the Lexus SUV because like he didn't want anybody seeing me in like a Ford Excursion."

Then, a dad comes in with about a 6 year old daughter. Of course she's carrying her happy meal from Mc****ingDonalds. Are you kidding me? If you're one of those parents who carries your kid to McGrease, then carry them into the place where you wanna eat, let me offer this: Take control of your situation. If the kid can't eat where everybody else is eating, let the little **** starve. And it works the other way around too. I was in a McGrowler once and this lady comes in carrying a Taco Hell sack. WTF is wrong with you?

So, now my italian sammich keeps burping back up through my nose, I have a splitting headache from having to go to the GD grocery store (men are not physically equipped for that whole deal) and I keep saying "like, that sucked."

I'm going home sick.
There is an awful lot there not to like.

toast
8/31/2006, 10:01 AM
So Dean, where are you and Jim Traber having lunch today?