PDA

View Full Version : Check O-state.com---real hatred for us!

OU-MAN
8/30/2006, 01:27 PM
When you have a minute, bring up the Silo-tech board at O-state.com. You won't believe the hatred they spew at us. The best answer to them is the series record...The most one-sided series in the NCAA! Poor Pokes. Easily 2 out of 3 posts are about us, and all negative.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/30/2006, 01:30 PM
Water is wet

dougsooner
8/30/2006, 02:10 PM
Waffles > pancakes...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/30/2006, 02:17 PM
mmm, poptarts

OKLA21FAN
8/30/2006, 02:21 PM
i need a boomer sooner ringtone......and what it this Vcash for?

picasso
8/30/2006, 02:24 PM
ask them the last time they beat us 3 years in a row in football.

4everasooner
8/30/2006, 02:25 PM
Who cares?

douxpaysan
8/30/2006, 03:27 PM
rough crowd http://no-shadow.dk/images/lee%20marvin.gif

leavingthezoo
8/30/2006, 03:38 PM
i need a boomer sooner ringtone......and what it this Vcash for?

i think Vcash is just for Vringtones.

Boomer.....
8/30/2006, 04:03 PM
or maybe getting an Vanimated Vavitar

StoopTroup
8/30/2006, 04:08 PM
Someone stole my vcash.

fwsooner22
8/30/2006, 04:10 PM
Yawn

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/30/2006, 04:16 PM
Someone stole my vcash.

I am pretty sure it was this guy...
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3010/lootermakesbeerrunka6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ousoonerfan
8/30/2006, 04:32 PM
What does ENA stand for?

;)

tulsaoilerfan
8/30/2006, 05:27 PM
why do they call him AD when his initials are AP?;)

Sooner47
8/30/2006, 06:05 PM
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/3543/pressone5wj.jpg

goingoneight
8/30/2006, 09:05 PM
What did we ever do to Ohio State? :confused:

OklahomaTuba
8/30/2006, 09:45 PM
I wonder if their board membership is down as much as their ticket sales is?

goingoneight
8/30/2006, 09:53 PM
I wonder if their board membership is down as much as their I.Q. is?

No, they've got more than two members... ;)

Cam
8/30/2006, 10:04 PM
And in breaking news, the sky is blue.

Back to you Ted.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/30/2006, 10:12 PM
And in breaking news, the sky is blue.

Back to you Ted.

Mine is black ????

Sooner98
8/30/2006, 10:42 PM
http://www.sandiegohistory.org/timeline/images/pearlharbornews.jpg

poke4christ
8/31/2006, 09:30 AM
I agree, some osu fans need to get over it. On the plus side, Orangepower.com is much more OSU focused. There are still plenty of OU haters, but it's not near as bad.

I on the other hand am not an OU hater. I don't normally root for OU, but I don't root against them either. However, with as many hostel comments as I get over here... J/K.

Zach

dougsooner
8/31/2006, 09:37 AM
You stay classy San Diego...

Boarder
8/31/2006, 09:56 AM
I agree, some osu fans need to get over it. On the plus side, Orangepower.com is much more OSU focused. There are still plenty of OU haters, but it's not near as bad.

I on the other hand am not an OU hater. I don't normally root for OU, but I don't root against them either. However, with as many hostel comments as I get over here... J/K.

Zach
I was reading this post thinking, "What? What does this guy mean..."

Then I noticed it was that one poke guy who is here. :D

wishbonesooner
8/31/2006, 10:04 AM
You know, in the old days(60's and 70's), the Ostate fans were a lot different. There was still a lot of hate, but it wasn't as personal,they didn't like us, we didn't like them. These new clowns are sad little people.

Dio
8/31/2006, 10:05 AM
WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!!

picasso
8/31/2006, 10:13 AM

Zach
them boys gettin hostel.

tigepilot
8/31/2006, 10:25 AM
As a kid growing up, I routed for both schools though I considered myself more of a Sooner. I just liked seeing someone from Oklahoma win (product of parents that weren't as big a sports fans as other people I guess). When I attended OU, I was surprised to find a lot of people who hated OSU. I thought, what'd OSU ever do to OU? It certainly wasn't much of a rivalry... at that time, OSU hadn't won since the '70s.

It took several years later to learn why. I'm a corporate pilot and one time I took 9 cowbow fans to a road game one year and they lost a close game. On the trip home they were very quiet. The next year I took them to a Texas Tech game where they were destroyed. Just before boarding for the flight home, they learned that OU had lost a close game that same day to A&M. The flight home was a joyous celebration. I couldn't believe it was more important to them that OU lost than the outcome of their own team!

JonnyRed
8/31/2006, 10:29 AM
OSU’s biggest rival is OU, OU biggest rival is Texas. OSU is like OU’s redheaded step-child. OSU fans have nothing better to do then whine about OU. They can’t talk about football because they know they will have another sorry season. All the OSU fans I work with do nothing but say crap about OU. They don’t even talk about OSU EVER, just how bad OU is and that’s funny. The OSU fans that I know would love to see OU do bad instead of OSU doing well.

rogcoley
8/31/2006, 10:47 AM
News bulletin. OSWHO fans hate OU fans.I will not be able to sleep.

Stupidity has a certain charm --ignorance does not.

OSWHO fans are not charming, if you know what I mean Vern?

Crimsontothecore
8/31/2006, 10:49 AM

Zach
Uh...excuse me, but it's spelled HOSTILE. (nice to see the results of an osu education)

Crimsontothecore
8/31/2006, 10:51 AM
OSU’s biggest rival is OU, OU biggest rival is Texas. OSU is like OU’s redheaded step-child. OSU fans have nothing better to do then whine about OU. They can’t talk about football because they know they will have another sorry season. All the OSU fans I work with do nothing but say crap about OU. They don’t even talk about OSU EVER, just how bad OU is and that’s funny. The OSU fans that I know would love to see OU do bad instead of OSU doing well.
It's officially known as the "Jealous kid sister syndrome"

poke4christ
8/31/2006, 01:08 PM
As a kid growing up, I routed for both schools though I considered myself more of a Sooner. I just liked seeing someone from Oklahoma win (product of parents that weren't as big a sports fans as other people I guess). When I attended OU, I was surprised to find a lot of people who hated OSU. I thought, what'd OSU ever do to OU? It certainly wasn't much of a rivalry... at that time, OSU hadn't won since the '70s.

It took several years later to learn why. I'm a corporate pilot and one time I took 9 cowbow fans to a road game one year and they lost a close game. On the trip home they were very quiet. The next year I took them to a Texas Tech game where they were destroyed. Just before boarding for the flight home, they learned that OU had lost a close game that same day to A&M. The flight home was a joyous celebration. I couldn't believe it was more important to them that OU lost than the outcome of their own team!

Just remember that there are many OSU stories about OU fans with simular stupidities. There are bad fans on both sides (as many of the posts in this thread can attest to). I get crap no matter what I say or post on here, I've learned to deal with it. However, I try to focus on the good fans. I suggest you do the same.

Zach

JonnyRed
8/31/2006, 01:41 PM
Just remember that there are many OSU stories about OU fans with simular stupidities. There are bad fans on both sides (as many of the posts in this thread can attest to). I get crap no matter what I say or post on here, I've learned to deal with it. However, I try to focus on the good fans. I suggest you do the same.

Zach

I used to root for OSU (if not playing OU). I like to see any Oklahoma team win, as I do the Big 12 teams. This year it is going to be hard. I have had some major exposure to OSU fans this year and I see how the majority of them think. They walk around making these false accusations trying to get everyone to hate OU. I have heard several say “OU can get away with anything, they must pay the NCAA.” Another, “OU has had the most NCAA sanctions of any other school, a few years after every national championship some scandal comes up.” These fans run around telling these lies to people that know nothing about sports so these people believe them. Why don’t you tell your fellow OSU fans to talk about OSU sports and not about OU? Oh yeah, then you wouldn’t have much to talk about!

Crimsontothecore
8/31/2006, 01:51 PM
Oh yeah, then you wouldn’t have much to talk about!
Not true, They still have WRASSLIN!

CrimsonChampion
8/31/2006, 03:00 PM
Shwab's brick chili is the greatest

soonerreign
8/31/2006, 05:18 PM
http://www.nmsu.edu/aggieland/aggies/pete.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pete_pc_color.png

Why is it that all Aggies seem to think alike. In NMSU's defense last year they changed their mascot to the kinder gentler lasso swinging Pete instead of the gun slinging children scaring Pistol Pete. I did some research (Wikipedia) and this is what I found:

"From the 1890s on, Oklahoma A&M sports teams had been referred to as the Agriculturists or Aggies, the Farmers, and officially but unpopularly, the Tigers. By 1924 Charles Saulsberry, sports editor of the Oklahoma City Times, and other writers who regularly covered college events had begun to refer to Stillwater's teams as the A&M Cowboys. The Athletic Council authorized Athletic Director Edward C. Gallagher to have 2,000 balloons printed, "Oklahoma Aggies - Ride 'Em Cowboy" for sale at football games in 1926.

Around 1923, when Oklahoma A&M College was searching for a new mascot to re place their tiger (copied along with orange and black colors, from Princeton), a group of students saw Frank Eaton leading the Armistice Day Parade. He was approached to see if he would be interested in being the model for the new mascot, and he agreed. A likeness was drawn and began to be used on sweatshirts, stickers, etc. and a tradition was born. That caricature was the basis for what is used today as the official Oklahoma State University mascot. For thirty-five years, the crusty old cowboy was a living symbol of OSU, representing the colorful past of the area. As such, he would attend OSU athletic events, building dedications, etc., and sign autographs, pose for photographs and reminisce about the American Old West with anyone who would listen. In more recent years, the University of Wyoming and New Mexico State University began using variations of OSU's artwork as logos for their schools. To this day, his likeness is a visible reminder of the Old West to literally millions of people yearly as a symbol of colleges whose mascots pay homage to the cowboy.

However, it was not until 1958 that "Pistol Pete" was adopted as the school's mascot. The familiar caricature of "Pistol Pete" was officially sanctioned in 1984 by Oklahoma State University as a licensed symbol.

Each year, 10 to 15 OSU students try out for Pistol Pete. A panel of former "Petes" judge the tryouts and select the two best candidates based on an interview, a mime, and posing as mascot in different "game situations". The two who are selected split the approximately 500 appearances annually. These appearances include all athletic events, pep rallies, business openings, weddings, birthday parties, and public school events."

Maybe this is part of why they are always in such a bad mood.

OUstud
8/31/2006, 06:48 PM
Uh...excuse me, but it's spelled HOSTILE. (nice to see the results of an osu education)

"I'll go see him, I like hospitals."
"No you don't, you like Taco Bell."
"No, dude, one time I was at a hospital and I saw this really hot chick."
"Dude, that was a hostel."
"Oh yeah."
-BASEketball

sting2173
8/31/2006, 07:30 PM
NEWSFLASH....

Tommorow there will be another anouncement that 5 more players inclding AD will be thrown off for the same crap at Big Red...