PDA

View Full Version : Tashard Choice

CoSooner
8/30/2006, 08:49 AM
linkhttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/08/29/gatech.choice.ap/index.html

Sooner-N-KS
8/30/2006, 09:01 AM
I'm hoping he sticks it to the domers this weekend!

TexasLidig8r
8/30/2006, 09:04 AM
Ya gotta love a school whose fight song doubles as a great drinking song.

Go Jackets.

http://fightmusic.com/mp3/acc/Georgia_Tech__Ramblin_Wreck_of_Georgia_Tech.mp3

OUGreg723
8/30/2006, 09:46 AM
Good fight song. Go Tashard!

stoopified
8/30/2006, 10:13 AM
Ya gotta love a school whose fight song doubles as a great drinking song.

Go Jackets.

http://fightmusic.com/mp3/acc/Georgia_Tech__Ramblin_Wreck_of_Georgia_Tech.mp3 Damn Lid, Horns hate ND too? It is true(at least for this week ) that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Egeo
8/30/2006, 10:40 AM
ill definitely be rooting for him

sooneron
8/30/2006, 10:46 AM
I was sorry to see him go, I hope he kicks some monumental azz!

Skysooner
8/30/2006, 10:56 AM
Damn Lid, Horns hate ND too? It is true(at least for this week ) that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

As much as I liked the movie "Rudy", I couldn't help but thinking what a dump of a stadium it was.

tulsaoilerfan
8/30/2006, 05:32 PM
Damn Lid, Horns hate ND too? It is true(at least for this week ) that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
i really don't think anyone roots for ND unless it can help their favorite team, but even that is hard to swallow

TexasLidig8r
8/30/2006, 06:02 PM

Bastadge Irish..

and, I'm Catholic Lite too!

It's one of those universal things.. sun rises in the east and sets in the west.. water is wet, everyone hates Neutered Dame.

umberto
8/30/2006, 08:06 PM
i really don't think anyone roots for ND unless it can help their favorite team, but even that is hard to swallow

I worked with a guy who rooted for them because he liked Ty. All the other Sooner fans at work tried to explain it to him, but he just wasn't getting it. I guess not all of us are born with the hatred.

Desert Sapper
8/30/2006, 08:24 PM
I guess not all of us are born with the hatred.

I was born with the hatred to be sure, but visiting that campus and meeting those fans gave me a real appreciation for ND. It's like the epitome of class, IMO. Every other place I've visited hasn't even come close to treating the visiting team and its fans with that kind of respect. And the campus is gorgeous. The stadium leaves a lot to be desired. It's old and crappy, but it has some history. I don't hate them. I just can't bring myself to. The coeds were inviting us to parties afterward :D , the fans were congratulating us on a hard-fought game (even though we lost), and none of the ND fans said one disparaging thing to me the whole time (unlike everywhere else I've visited)...except the yellow-shirt security prick. I want to see Ga Tech win this weekend, but mostly because I want AD to win the Heisman this year. The more losses BQ has for ND, the greater AD's chances. Go Tashard! Go Calvin Johnson! Go Jackets!

Tulsa_Fireman
8/30/2006, 08:28 PM
HEEEEEEEEEE'SSSSSSS...

A ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech, he's a helluva engineer!

Give 'em hell, Tashard!

goingoneight
8/30/2006, 09:11 PM
I don't care about them, and when they all show up like whorn "fans" after an MNC, I just ignore them like they don't even exist when I travel up North. It ****es them off because many Domer fans look to OU the way OU looks at Okie Lite. They think we're some jealous step-child or something.

Hamhock
8/30/2006, 09:39 PM
Every other place I've visited hasn't even come close to treating the visiting team and its fans with that kind of respect.!

Did you go to Tuscaloosa?

Desert Sapper
8/30/2006, 10:14 PM
Did you go to Tuscaloosa?

I was getting shot at in Bayji, Iraq. I hear the Alabamians were pretty good people, and weren't sore losers. Great game. My wife taped it and sent it to me.

snp
8/30/2006, 10:21 PM

I root for ND every week.

...Except when it comes to our recruits.

batonrougesooner
8/30/2006, 10:59 PM
It looks like his decision to transfer was the correct one. He wouldn't have seen much playing time at OU as it turns out.

Good luck to him.

jackietreehorn
8/31/2006, 12:58 AM
I root for ND every week.

dude, take it back!!

King Crimson
8/31/2006, 01:00 AM
kid had to do what he had to do. go get'em Tashard.

TexasLidig8r
8/31/2006, 07:21 AM
I was born with the hatred to be sure, but visiting that campus and meeting those fans gave me a real appreciation for ND. It's like the epitome of class, IMO. Every other place I've visited hasn't even come close to treating the visiting team and its fans with that kind of respect. And the campus is gorgeous. The stadium leaves a lot to be desired. It's old and crappy, but it has some history. I don't hate them. I just can't bring myself to. The coeds were inviting us to parties afterward :D , the fans were congratulating us on a hard-fought game (even though we lost), and none of the ND fans said one disparaging thing to me the whole time (unlike everywhere else I've visited)...except the yellow-shirt security prick. I want to see Ga Tech win this weekend, but mostly because I want AD to win the Heisman this year. The more losses BQ has for ND, the greater AD's chances. Go Tashard! Go Calvin Johnson! Go Jackets!

My experience was much the same as yours. The ex's bridesmaid lived in Chicago.. When Texas played Neutered Dame, went early to the campus.. crisp fall day... one of her friends had a relative in in the ND athletic department.. hooked us up with friggin' 50 yard line seats.. So, I'm sitting in the middle of ND alums.. dressed in burnt orange.. Dick Vitale is right behind me (literally).. we talk back and forth.. as the game goes on, Texas falls behind.. and he is letting me have it. I've never laughed so hard as my team got our tails whipped.

Tailgated with a bunch of Irish alums in the parking lot after the game.. showed some nice Irish ladies how to two step.

Great game day atmosphere and very polite fans.

I wish they were forced to join a conference and had the same BCS rules apply to them.

snp
8/31/2006, 09:48 AM
dude, take it back!!

Grew up a ND fan, sorry :O