PDA

View Full Version : Jerk's friendly driving tip for today

Jerk
8/30/2006, 05:29 AM
If you look in your rear-view mirror and all you can see is a giant shiny grill, then it means you need to MOVE YOUR A.SS outta the way!

Thank you.

Thank you very much.

Skysooner
8/30/2006, 07:13 AM
Not when I'm in the slow lane and doing 10 mph more than the speed limit. You can just change lanes and go around. :twinkies:

sooner n houston
8/30/2006, 07:19 AM
I thought it mean't it's time to "lock 'em up!" :D

crawfish
8/30/2006, 07:23 AM
Uhhh, I can brake to a complete stop in about 1/10 the amount of time you can...

STOP TAILGAITING ME!!!

LilSooner
8/30/2006, 08:30 AM
Driving 5 miles over the speed limit does not give you the right to drive in the fast lane. Nor does driving the speed limit.

I hate 99.9% of people who drive on the Kirpatrick turnpike.

sooner_born_1960
8/30/2006, 08:39 AM
Sure it does.

LilSooner
8/30/2006, 08:48 AM
Sure it does.

Well if you don't mind me passing you looking at you like you are a complete and total idiot.

Then sure drive your slow *** in the fast lane.

OUAndy1807
8/30/2006, 09:18 AM
here are my friendly driving tips:
If you can't keep up with stop and go traffic because you're pulling a load, don't drive during rush hour.
If you have a blow out, go back and pick up your damn tire instead of just leaving it in the road to be kicked up on some other persons car.
If you have to pass a slow driver, please do it on a downhill section of road when you have the momentum with you rather than pulling out in front of me and then trying to pick up speed while you're climbing a hill.
Don't act ****ed off when I pass you as you struggle to make it up a hill and you later want me to drive 15 over because you're coming down the hill

XingTheRubicon
8/30/2006, 09:40 AM
You get paid to drive and drive safely I might add. Driving a 40 ton rig 5 feet behind my 2 ton rig is not cool.

...waiting for hill, tapping brakes...gently slowing down to 40, then hammering it. See ya

Czar Soonerov
8/30/2006, 09:41 AM
GET THE **** OFF OU4LIFE'S ***1!!!

OhU1
8/30/2006, 10:10 AM
Use cruise control on the turnpike. Don't pass me doing 85 then slow to 70 later only to zoom to 90 again a few miles later.

In morning rush hour traffic in the city feel free to drive 15 MPH over the speed limit, wasting gas and brake pads, zigging in and out between lanes. You win - you're the first in the race to the stop light! Meanwhile I'll pass you in the middle lane at each traffic light cruising at a steady speed seldom having to touch the brake or slow down.

Boarder
8/30/2006, 11:38 AM
Well if you don't mind me passing you looking at you like you are a complete and total idiot.

If you pass someone going 5 mph over the speed limit that means you're speeding even more than that. You need to slow down and drive the speed limit or you need a ticket.

Sinner.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/30/2006, 11:39 AM
:les: YOU LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!

Boarder
8/30/2006, 11:42 AM
:les: YOU BETTER SLOW DOWN TOO, MISSY!

LilSooner
8/30/2006, 11:46 AM
If you pass someone going 5 mph over the speed limit that means you're speeding even more than that. You need to slow down and drive the speed limit or you need a ticket.

Sinner.

I have zero toleration for stupid drivers. I drive way too much, which is why I need tires rated 100,000 miles.

I pay to drive the turnpike there for if I feel like setting the cruise control at 85, I'm gonna drive 85. If you feel like driving 75 move your *** to the right hand lane and get the heck out of my way.

I don't like being in Tulsa and longer than I absolutely have to.

And hey at least I don't sell freaking OSU stuff, and have 0 OU stuff in my store. Sinner.

Boarder
8/30/2006, 11:49 AM
No, you listen to ME, officer! I pay to drive the turnpike there for if I feel like setting the cruise control at 85, I'm gonna drive 85. If you feel like driving 75 move your *** to the right hand lane and get the heck out of my way.

That would be funny! :D

Touche! I have several OU Hitch Covers in stock. They were probably sold out when you looked because they sell so well and osu doesn't.

LilSooner
8/30/2006, 11:53 AM
Still the fact that you even have OSU crap is ridiculous.

The cops on the turnpike just wave at me. Although I did get pulled over on Tuesday on hwy 169. I was in my scrubs that day and the police officer asked me where I was going and I told him. Then he said he was going to give me a warning. I asked him how fast I was going, then he stuttered and said 66. The freaking speed limit is 65.

At least this time he didn't give me his cell phone number.

Boarder
8/30/2006, 11:55 AM
Still the fact that you even have OSU crap is ridiculous.

Umm, yeah, I pretty much have no response for that one. Except agreement.

Without rules, there is chaos. You should be ashamed. Shame, shame, shame.

1stTimeCaller
8/30/2006, 12:01 PM
can't you get a ticket for being in the left lane and making people use the right lane to pass you?

sooner_born_1960
8/30/2006, 12:29 PM

Don't mind it a bit. Flip me off as you pass, if you feel like it.

sooner_born_1960
8/30/2006, 12:30 PM
can't you get a ticket for being in the left lane and making people use the right lane to pass you?
Not if you're going the speed limit.

royalfan5
8/30/2006, 12:32 PM
In some states it is illegal to use the left lane for anything but passing. I believe CO is one such state. They tried to pass that type of law in Nebraska, but it didn't go through.

Boarder
8/30/2006, 12:33 PM
In some states it is illegal to use the left lane for anything but passing. I believe CO is one such state. They tried to pass that type of law in Nebraska, but it didn't go through.
They have highways with more than two lanes in Nebraska?

BeetDigger
8/30/2006, 12:33 PM
$10 says the car that Jerk was behind was a Camry. :D

Tear Down This Wall
8/30/2006, 12:38 PM
Not when I'm in the slow lane and doing 10 mph more than the speed limit. You can just change lanes and go around. :twinkies:

Amen.

royalfan5
8/30/2006, 12:40 PM
They have highways with more than two lanes in Nebraska?
Perhaps you've heard of I-80? US 77 and 81 are both 4 lane across the state as well.

Tear Down This Wall
8/30/2006, 12:42 PM
Uhhh, I can brake to a complete stop in about 1/10 the amount of time you can...

STOP TAILGAITING ME!!!

Amen, part II.

Tear Down This Wall
8/30/2006, 12:46 PM
Look, I drive about 10 over anywhere and everywhere. So, if you're on my tail - blinking, honking, giving me the finger, etc. - you can go straight to hell for speeding faster than my speeding. Focktard. I ain't moving over for neither love nor money. Dickweed.

LilSooner
8/30/2006, 12:51 PM
Don't mind it a bit. Flip me off as you pass, if you feel like it.

For the record I never give the finger, honk, ride someones ***, or anything like that.

I may yell in my car that you are a complete and total ****tard that should be allowed to drive, but never any of the other crap.

I always use the crusie control and for the most part I do drive in the right hand lane and pass in left. But if there is alot of traffic, and people are being morons I have been know to drive soley in the left lane. With the rest of my fast moving people.

BeetDigger
8/30/2006, 01:02 PM
I always use the crusie control ...

I only use it on slick pavement. It adds to the excitement. :texan:

NormanPride
8/30/2006, 01:03 PM
:les: YOU CAN'T TAKE MY GUNS!!

oh, wait...

:les: GIT YER *** OFF MAH PROPERTAY!!

Er, I'll get this...

:les: I'LL GO WHATEVER SPEED I WANNA!

;)

Jerk
8/30/2006, 05:11 PM
The story behind this is this: me on I-44 in OKC, having to stay in the right lane because my exit is a few miles away (I can't zoom in and out like cars, gotta plan ahead) and lo and behold I get stuck behind granny in a mini van, going 45mph in a 60, and I'm riding the brakes until I can finally get.off.the.fkn.highway.

Why did everyone here assume I wanted to speed??

Tear Down - Pride can be a killer- especially if you pull that stuff against a legit psycho.

ETA

Lil - you probably see me alot. I'm on the Turnpike every damned day.

Andy "If you can't keep up with stop and go traffic because you're pulling a load, don't drive during rush hour."

It's amazing how someone like you would love to dictate the lives of others in order to make your life more convenient and these people work their asses off so you can have food, fuel, and clothing . Remember, the Interstate system was built to move troops and commerce. If anything, they can tell the cars get off during rush hour.

An observation from a driver this morning in Tulsa on the radio: "Look at all of these bean counters, accountants, executives, attorneys...and they can't even make it to work on time without going 90mph."

LilSooner
8/30/2006, 05:30 PM
I always wonder if you one of the truckers that I scream at. :)

Can you explain to me why truckers will hog both lanes and go the same speed? Thus not allowing us to pass?

Jerk
8/30/2006, 05:38 PM

Can you explain to me why truckers will hog both lanes and go the same speed? Thus not allowing us to pass?

I hate that, too. I also get mad, and I finally said something over the radio last time it happened.

What happens is most likely this: Truck A is loaded heavy and governed at 70mph. Truck B is lighter, yet governed at 68 mph. Truck A decides to pass truck B. If he can't get by him before the next hill, then life really starts to suck. The whole pride thing takes over (see Tear?) and neither backs down.

I have the luxury of a truck that is for all practical purposes not governed. Well, it is, I never go that fast anyway.

Harry Beanbag
8/30/2006, 05:40 PM

I think we've been through that before. It has something to do with hills, loads, and governors IIRC.

Edit: Yeah, I guess I did remember correctly. :)

LilSooner
8/30/2006, 05:43 PM
I hate that, too. I also get mad, and I finally said something over the radio last time it happened.

What happens is most likely this: Truck A is loaded heavy and governed at 70mph. Truck B is lighter, yet governed at 68 mph. Truck A decides to pass truck B. If he can't get by him before the next hill, then life really starts to suck. The whole pride thing takes over (see Tear?) and neither backs down.

I have the luxury of a truck that is for all practical purposes not governed. Well, it is, I never go that fast anyway.

Wow I had no idea that they were governed like that.

OUAndy1807
8/30/2006, 06:44 PM
there are 24 hours during the day (assuming that you're not carrying a permit load). During those 24 hours, there are maybe 4 hours of peak traffic. When someone can explain to me why it makes any sense for these trucks (from the point of view of the trucker or the traffic around them) to be driving on any of the crosstowns during these 4 hours, I might change my mind.

Nothing personal, Jerk. I know that we need over the road trucking to live a civilized life, but rush hours can't be effective time behind the wheel time for the truckers, either (and I'm assuming truckers are paid mileage.)-

Jerk
8/30/2006, 08:36 PM
there are 24 hours during the day (assuming that you're not carrying a permit load). During those 24 hours, there are maybe 4 hours of peak traffic. When someone can explain to me why it makes any sense for these trucks (from the point of view of the trucker or the traffic around them) to be driving on any of the crosstowns during these 4 hours, I might change my mind.

Nothing personal, Jerk. I know that we need over the road trucking to live a civilized life, but rush hours can't be effective time behind the wheel time for the truckers, either (and I'm assuming truckers are paid mileage.)-

It's just not practical. I can't splain it. Take construction. That entire industry is dependent on trucks. "I know you need another load of concrete to finish the foundation of that house, but it's 5pm and we can't send any more trucks out" Or how about the 7-11 that has a busy day and needs a load of gasoline soon. Those gasoline tankers run 24 hours a day on alternating shifts. They can't work around 2 mandatory downtimes, plus the required 10 hour break the drivers already have. Now, if you want to pay us by the hour for that downtime, we can talk. I'm sure the trucking companies will pass the costs on, and people can gripe when a head of lettuce costs 3 bucks.

My days are usually 10-12 hours long. You can't split that between 8 and 5, and if you do, it makes for a much longer day.

VeeJay
8/30/2006, 09:50 PM
* Break *

There's a Smokey at the Northbound Rest Stop taking pictures."