PDA

View Full Version : ***High School Football 2006, the OFFICIAL thread****

AllAboutThe'O'
8/30/2006, 12:50 AM
This is the place to talk about the prep gridders, whether it's Oklahoma or another state.
First off, any predictions on how the classes in Oklahoma will shake out?
6A - Muskogee. I'm not totally sold on the Roughers yet, check back when they beat Union and/or Jenks. But this could be the year a new kid joins Union and Jenks in the championship parade.
5A - Bixby. It will be intriguing to see how Shawnee and Tucker Brown fares this season, though, after the turmoil they endured last year.
4A - Glenpool. Many are picking Wagoner, but after exceeding expectations the year before by going from 2-8 to the state finals, the Bulldogs may not be able to handle the pressure this year. I'll get to see Glenpool this Friday at Sallisaw, BTW. It will be wide open in 4A, however, with Clinton moving down to...
3A - Clinton. Everybody else is chasing for second.
2A - Vian. Millwood will be right up there, too, but I'm going for somebody different. Vian has most of their studs back from last year's team and the semifinal loss will have them motivated during 2006. Also a brutal district with Eufaula, Spiro and Hartshorne will have the Wolverines toughened up for the postseason.
A - Pawnee. But never count Tonkawa out.
B - Morrison. They can add another big sign alongside the entranceway to their stadium.
C - Shattuck. Going for their fourth consecutive Gold Ball.

SgtSooner
8/30/2006, 04:18 PM
Here is your surprise! Bethany in class 2A

GrapevineSooner
8/30/2006, 05:23 PM
In Texas...

Southlake Carroll will win it all, again.

Actually, I'm not really an expert on Texas high school football. I'm just taking an educated guess based on the last four years.

Blue
8/30/2006, 07:43 PM
Ranked #2 in 6A Alabama. Can we finally beat Hoover again?

http://www.daphnehighschool.org/Football/Pictures/Website%20Images/daphne%20trojans%20football.png

Boomhauer
8/31/2006, 09:43 AM
Claremore Zebras vs. Oologah Mustangs tonight in Oologag. Claremore by 10.

Paperclip
9/1/2006, 10:53 PM
My alma mater was losing horribly (actually, I guess they were losing quite well) to the hated Bombers tonight. I left in the 3rd quarter. It was all I could stand. It was 34-7 when I left.

MiccoMacey
9/2/2006, 02:47 AM
Shawnee lost to Guthrie tonight. They were without Tucker Brown, still serving one game from last year's two game suspension.

Snrfn4ever08
9/2/2006, 11:39 AM
My alma mater was losing horribly (actually, I guess they were losing quite well) to the hated Bombers tonight. I left in the 3rd quarter. It was all I could stand. It was 34-7 when I left.
i was at that game. i almost feel sorry for you for being a del city alum. don't worry though, i don't think we'll be doing much special this year. we didn't exactly play spectacular

AllAboutThe'O'
9/5/2006, 08:27 PM
Haven't had a chance to post this, but last Friday I saw the best season-opening game that resembled a state playoff IMHO when Glenpool played at Sallisaw.
Glenpool took a 20-9 lead early in the fourth quarter, but Sallisaw tailback Bubba Philpot rambled 91 yards for a touchdown and added the two-point conversion to get the Black Diamonds within three. Sallisaw gets the ball back and punches it in a few plays later to go in front 24-20. The Black Diamonds then intercept a pair of Glenpool passes in the final two minutes, including a Hail Mary attempt on the game's last play, to pull out the win in front of a raucous crowd at Perry F. Lattimore Stadium.
In other developments around the East side, Vian scored 41 points in the first quarter to win going away, even without the services of tailback Vfastv Locust. Spiro beat Poteau 21-18 in the annual LeFlore County grudge match and Muldrow rallied late to nip Heavener, 13-12.

Paperclip
9/5/2006, 10:30 PM
Sallisaw Henryetta Wagoner Bowlegs.

GrapevineSooner
9/6/2006, 09:30 AM
Go Muldrow.

jdsooner
9/6/2006, 09:23 PM
Go Diamonds! I lived in Sallisaw before moving to Ponca.
Unfortunately, the Wildcats lost much talent and played terrible against Sand Springs, losing 21-0. Even more unfortunate is the injury to my son's knee. Scott is a starting offensive tackle and played well. However, he may face season ending surgery after taking helmet hits to the knee.

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 11:47 AM
TEXAS 5A:

Galena Park North Shore
or

Lufkin

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 11:47 AM
TEXAS 4A: Copperas Cove, Brenham, or La Marque

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 11:48 AM
Private School: Houston St. Pius X

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 11:49 AM
Smithson Valley will be in the mix again this seasoon too

MiccoMacey
9/12/2006, 12:46 PM
Wolves win easily, 40-18 over Noble.

Tucker Brown is now officially back and in full force!!!

Paperclip
9/12/2006, 12:51 PM
Wolves win easily, 40-18 over Noble.

Tucker Brown is now officially back and in full force!!!

I hope he enjoys his last year of competitive football.

MiccoMacey
9/13/2006, 07:39 AM

This is probably true, although he could play QB for a DII or NAIA school. He may get recruited for a different position other than QB. And I think he's got baseball to fall back on as well (I believe).

Which is sad, because if he were a little taller, he's a hell of an athlete.

If people can look past the whole litigation thing from last year, they'd see he's one of the best QB's in the state.

Sooner_Bob
9/13/2006, 07:46 AM
Sallisaw Henryetta Wagoner Bowlegs.

I haven't heard that one in a while. :D

My dad went to Bowlegs . . .

Williesan
9/14/2006, 10:26 PM
For those who missed it -

Tulsa Memorial 27
Tulsa Edison 28

Edison scores the go ahead TD with about 1 min left, then blocks the attempted game-winning FG to win their 3rd straight against their crosstown arch-rivals.

BTW - whichever school gets Shawn Baker-Hughes from Edison won't be disappointed. 3 total TD's on just over 100 yds rushing, about 80 receiving and a 93 yard kickoff return for a TD.

Now off to tough road games for both: Memorial at Broken Arrow, Edison at Bixby next week.

Williesan (EHS, '93)

AllAboutThe'O'
9/15/2006, 12:16 AM
For those who missed it -

Tulsa Memorial 27
Tulsa Edison 28

Edison scores the go ahead TD with about 1 min left, then blocks the attempted game-winning FG to win their 3rd straight against their crosstown arch-rivals.

BTW - whichever school gets Shawn Baker-Hughes from Edison won't be disappointed. 3 total TD's on just over 100 yds rushing, about 80 receiving and a 93 yard kickoff return for a TD.

Now off to tough road games for both: Memorial at Broken Arrow, Edison at Bixby next week.

Williesan (EHS, '93)
One of my old bosses was an Edison grad. Definitely had a love-hate relationship working for him.

Williesan
9/15/2006, 12:42 PM

His season just took another hit per the Daily Oklahoman.

Shawnee QB hurt knee in victory on Friday

SHAWNEE — Shawnee star quarterback Tucker Brown will miss at least a couple of games, maybe more, after suffering a right knee injury in Friday's win over Noble.
The injury has left Brown, considered by coaches and media as one of the best players in the state, wearing a brace on his knee.
"All I know is that it hurts really bad right now," Brown said.
"I don't know what's going to happen next."
Brown had an MRI on Sunday. He was told by doctors that they couldn't tell the severity of the knee injury due to swelling.
Brown is scheduled for more tests on Monday.
"I don't know what to think right now," said Brown, who has drawn interest from several Big 12 schools as well as Tulsa and Arkansas.
"I'm just hoping for the best. Hopefully, it's not that bad."

Williesan

AllAboutThe'O'
9/16/2006, 01:15 AM
Shocker in the state tonight:

Hobart 15, Clinton 14

The home team coaches of the game I was at tonight practically did a triple-take when they saw that score.

MiccoMacey
9/16/2006, 02:15 PM
Explains the 37-0 a$$-whoopin'.

As Tucker Brown goes, so does Shawnee.

ClintonSooner
9/17/2006, 12:35 AM

Hobart 15, Clinton 14

The home team coaches of the game I was at tonight practically did a triple-take when they saw that score.

ya i dropped the pass in the 4th that would have gave us a first...with under 1:30 left in the game...but we had the pac 10 refs that game sooo

9 holding calls
4 personal fouls(1 facemask 3 from coaches bjtching at the refs...they deserved it though)
1 false start

hobart
1 holding
1 false start

allinbroadcast
9/19/2006, 04:07 PM
Looking for people that interested in covering High School sports in your area a little different.

This is a commission based job. Please contact us at [email protected]

Make sure to check our video site at www.allintelevision.com

oklaclarinet
9/20/2006, 06:16 PM

Hobart 15, Clinton 14

Yeah, that upset shows that 3A is a little more open than people thought. I'd look out for Claremore-Sequoyah. I taught there last year, so I got to see the team every game (save the playoff loss to Tuttle). They returned a bunch of talent, including a very talented QB, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did really well this year. In fact, they have already destroyed 4A Oologah, a team that had previously beaten 5A Claremore.

ClintonSooner
9/20/2006, 09:21 PM
...I might be a homer, but this crap happens to Clinton almost every year, dont worry they'll be back in no time, seems its happens to them every year by goofing off a game, then they are back.

Watch

AllAboutThe'O'
9/30/2006, 01:09 AM
I wasn't at this game tonight, but felt compelled to share with you all....
Stilwell at Sallisaw. Stilwell hadn't beaten Sallisaw in nearly 30 years and it seemed to be more of the same again after the Black Diamonds jumped out to a 14-0 lead. But Stilwell responds, and actually takes a three-point lead in the second half. Indians are still up late before Sallisaw throws a long touchdown pass in the closing seconds to pull out a 43-37 win.
For the record, I was at Poteau watching the Pirates overpower Okmulgee, 35-7.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/15/2006, 12:33 AM
Can't believe no one's posted in this thread all month, but I'll bump it.

Friday night, watched Spiro at Vian in a battle of undefeateds. Vian comes out on top convincingly 40-6, with Spiro's only points coming on the game's final play. Wolverines looking to go 10-0 for the second straight year, and the toughest part of their regular season schedule is behind them.
Also, Poteau holds off Sallisaw 27-21. Pirates, who have been up and down all season, go to Broken Bow this Thursday with first place in the district on the line.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/17/2006, 02:25 PM
Byrnes (Duncan) South Carolina is the best team in the nation